Urgent:objects missing in directory service

It appears that certain users entries have been deleted
from the GAL but their d/base objects remain. How can we
get the direciry objects back?
Do we have to create a new malbox for the user, and assign
in raw mode the same object value as the d/base entry? or
is it simply a dds/is consistency adjuster?

<stuart.salt@sportengland.org> wrote:

>It appears that certain users entries have been deleted
>from the GAL but their d/base objects remain. How can we
>get the direciry objects back?

Create the mailbox again. Use the full directory name from the
"Mailbox resources" view to know in which container to create the
mailbox and what the directory name is to use.

Or you could try running the DS/IS Consistency adjustment on the
pricate information store. That should create the missing directory
object for those mailboxes.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

Messages list missing in MFC ClassWizard dialogue box
I need to work on a old VC++ (rev 3?) project completed years ago. The project opens fine under VC++ 6, and it compiles/works fine, too Now, I open View->Classwizard..., and the Messagemaps tab. Select CMyNameApp for Class name, and CMyNameApp for Object ID, I can't see anything under the Messages list (where I see AddToRecentFilelist, DoMessgeBox, ...., in all my new VC++ projects) Anyway to bring them in? THanks! "Chen" <Chen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FC4382-0964-4644-B4E8-98A9B2F1F99D@microsoft.com... >I need to work on a old VC++ ...

How do I center objects and text boxes within a sectioned page in.
I am working on a 3-fold brochure through the wizard. I would like to center text and objects on a folded page and the tools only seem to allow me to center on the overall page. Can anyone help? Make a box or text frame the same width as the panel. Select that box along with the other elements and then align all the objects. Once that is done, if necessary, position all these elements in the desired panel using the box you created as a guide to the panels edges. -- Ron Cohen "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05268E30-8D35-4458-9E01-02E8EF61E91...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

My computer will not install Service Pack 2.
It keeps saying failed to install error code 490. Also OX80070490. I have tried closing out all security but still won't install. I have downloaded and ran service pack 2 installer. Thanks for any help. -- wtb You receive a "0x80070490" error code when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958044 Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support, originally scheduled to end 26 November 2009, has been extended unti...

Create new Object types
Help??? We are just implementing a new MS-CRM system and have a need which I figure should be possible but don't know how to do. Essentially we need to add a new Object Type. We need to slot in a “Project” object type in between the existing Opportunity and Account types. A Project has a finite time frame. Multiple Accounts (Companies/Customers) with their associated Contacts can be attached to that “Project” and a Contact must be able to be assigned as the Project Lead for that “Project.” How do I do that? I did consider just making an Account and calling that the “Project” and t...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

datasheet subform scroll bar missing from initial record
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. Once a user navigates to a record...

Upraded from 2002 to 2003 -- Macros missing
I just upgraded one of my users to 2003. She's now telling me that her macros are missing. Are they truly missing or hiding? Any suggestions? Lexi Lexi, My bet is that they are hiding: to a search for personal.xls, and wherever it resides, set the startup folder to that location using Tools | Options | General tab, Startup box. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Lexisch" <Lexisch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A5C52F2-1E1C-406A-9284-6499C30DD378@microsoft.com... > I just upgraded one of my users to 2003. She's now telling me that her > macros ...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

can every object be serialized even with referenced object within in a complex scenario
Hi! If I have an object A that reference B and object B reference C and a lot of built-in types and some user defined struct will object A be able to be serialized to a file ? My second question: Does it exist object that can't be serialized ? //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > If I have an object A that reference B and object B reference C > and a lot of built-in types and some user defined struct will object A be > able to be serialized to a file ? > > My second question: Does it exist object that can't be serialized ? > >...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Read Receipt Storage Location?
Hello, I have office XP Microsoft Outlook via Exchange Server. I was working offline in the offline personal folder and I clicked on a message and it asked "sending has asked for read receipt" I clicked Yes. However since I was working offline, obviously read receipt is not yet sent. however as soon as I go online it will go out ? I went to out box to see if the read receipt is stored there, but this is not the case?? I cannot find. Can someone please confirm me the location where the read receipt are stored temporarly until these goes out, next time someone goes online...

MsPub 2003 missing my fonts, PDF has wrong margins... what's going on!
I went to my local Office Depot to get my posters printed (color 11 by 17) as usual.... They now have MS Publisher 2003, which will load my Pub 2000 files, but they don't have my font! Is there some way I can embed the font within Publisher so they can print my posters? Luckily, I took the files also in PDF format and had them printed that way, but once again, they had upgraded to the new Adobe tool, which apparantly now does not allow adjustment of the poster to center it on the page, or resize to fit.. and so I lose my right hand margin. I'm either going to have to get mysel...

Deleted AD object still referenced somewhere?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01C6E3CF.D0FA0720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable (Cross-posted after the fact from = microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory) Hi everyone, A client of mine running Exchange 2003 Std/Windows 2003 Std had an admin = asst that left the company. She was assigned full permissions to the = boss' mailbox. After leaving the company, the assistant's user object = and mailbox were deleted from AD. Now, whenever the boss receives a = meeting...

Default for new objects
Hello, Using Publisher 2003, Windows XP. I cannot get the Default for New Objects checkbox to be active on text boxes. Other shapes, no problem. Following all directions to the letter: 1. Create the text box. 2. Right-click>Format Text Box. 3. Change various settings (tried them all). 4. Colors and Lines tab has the checkbox disabled. I also tried working with a style other than Normal. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance! -- Are you saying you would like every text box to be the same within a session? Format, text box, Colors & Lines tab, on the left bottom is a check off ...

Link 'Excel Object in Word' to Excel
I have a Word document which contains several embedded Excel objects which is sent to 600 clients. The clients complete the data collection in the word document and send back. We have a Excel worksheet for each client that uses the data in the embedded Excel objects. Is there a way to "link" or transfer the data in the 'Excel Object in Word' to the appropriate cells in the Excel worksheet? Because each Word document is customized for each client using Mail Merge and an Access database, and because there is much verbage and many sections in the document sen...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Urgent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi all, will anybody tell me=20 why are macro's preferred for Message Map entries than the virtual = functions? awaiting response, Ravi. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

Data Migration Upload Error
Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :( Hi, I have a data migration issue which has been causing me a lot of grief over the last few days ... struggling to get to the cause : ( Some background (... a very simplified equivalent): I have 3 entities STUDENT (Contact entity renamed), TUTOR and COURSE; - Each student should only be able to be linked to ONE Tutor record - Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Student record ------+ To resolve this I have created two "1 to many relationships" and hidden the 'many' part in the relationship definition ...

Application.GetOpenFilename from a specified directory
Hello! I have Excel 2003 and I already have a macro to popup a open file dialog. However, it always starts at "C:\My Documents" folder. I want it to browse files to open from a specific directory. How is this done? Note that I already have the "ChDir" on the line above the "Application.GetOpenFilename" but the browsing does not start from the specified directory. Thanks in advance for your response. This is small example Change MyPath = ThisWorkbook.Path to your folder MyPath = "C:\Users\Ron\test\" Sub test() Dim FName As Varia...

Anonymous missing from calendar permissions
I'm having a problem with one user's calendar where meeting requests are not automatically being processed as they should. I believe the issue is that the "anonymous" permission has been deleted from the user's calendar permissions. Does anyone know how to add the anonymous permission back into the calendar settings? We have Exchange 2003, and the user has Outlook 2002. Are you talking about Anonymous gone as in Outlook, properties of Calendar, Permissions tab, Anonymous is gone? This really shouldn't cause any issues, as Anonymous has "None" set...

List Control Header Notification are missing!!!
Hello, I know that this issue has been discussed allready several times before, but I didn't find a working solution for me. I can not get any notification from my CListCtrl Header control. There were talking about ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT instead of ON_NOTIFY, but I have ON_NOTIFY as needed. Also, I derived a ListCtrl from CListCtrl and tried to get the notifications there, but I didn't. I try to recieve the dblclick or itemchange messages. Thanks in advance~! <dushkin@012.net.il> wrote in message news:faecfce7.0401050144.43bf8e2e@posting.google.com... > Hello, > I know tha...

Urgent Help Needed
Hi Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email, everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols which says Hello, my name is Kelly. &#8294;&#26743;&#25449;&#8296;&#29281;&#8293;&#30305;&#26977;&#24940;&#27746;&#8293;&#28271;&...