URGENT - How do I extract mailboxes from a copy of the PRIV from an Exch2003 Server

I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM
copied from my Exchange 2003 server.  Is this possible using Exmerge on
aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed?

Are there any other tools to achieve this?

Thanks

0
mann_ron1 (7)

Hi Ron.

Exmerge will only extract emails from a database when it is connected to
Excahnge and it is attached to a user.

you could try creating a recovery server to extract this info.

"Ron Mann" <mann_ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM
>copied from my Exchange 2003 server.  Is this possible using Exmerge on
>aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed?
>
> Are there any other tools to achieve this?
>
> Thanks

0
Rudi
3/15/2007 6:25:08 AM
or something like Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange...I use it
frequently...it's a very handy product...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Rudi Dollenberg" <vrudid@ gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ron.
>
> Exmerge will only extract emails from a database when it is connected to
> Excahnge and it is attached to a user.
>
> you could try creating a recovery server to extract this info.
>

> "Ron Mann" <mann_ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I need to extract mailboxes to PST files from a PRIV1.EDB and PRIV1.STM
>>copied from my Exchange 2003 server.  Is this possible using Exmerge on
>>aanother machine that doesn't have Exchange installed?
>>
>> Are there any other tools to achieve this?
>>
>> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

copying information from various excel files
HELP PLEASE!!! I need your help with the following situation: I have multiple excel files that have the same exact structure. Have to search across all of the files for two different strings, which should both be prompted (stra and strb). This information prompted should be compared, (stra) with the values in column c (if this is true), then strb with the values in column d. If both criterias are located in the SAME row, I have to display the information on columns e and f. Thanks to all of you for your help. Marcelo This might work for you if all your workbooks are in the same folder. ...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

email drop in wrong mailbox
Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. We are using exchange2003 , win2003 UserA email. susan@mydomain.com UserB email betty@mydomain.com Please help. Could be many things... Check delegates...client /server rules...delivery options ....worse case, SPYWARE, viruses...? <ray1088@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:449c1184$1@127.0.0.1... > Anyone know why email for/belong to userB drop into UserA mailbox. > > > We are using exchange2003 , win2003 > UserA email. susan@mydomain.com > UserB email betty@mydomain.co...

Exchange server lost connection to domain
Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a domain with Exchange running OS Win2003 Exchange 2003 Thanks Harry In news:uqgPlJW4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, harry <mackey@musc.edu> typed: > Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring > yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. > I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a > domain with Exchan...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

Upsizing SQL Server 2000 MSDE database to SQL Server 2000 Standard
I am running Great Plains v 7.5 We recently exceeded the maximum size for our MSDE database and attempted to upsize the database server to SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition. Since successfully upgrading the database components we have been experiencing the following error in GP: “This product's license allows it to be used only with Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) database. Select another server in the Login window or contact your partner to obtain MSDE.” Has anyone experienced this problem, i was under the impression that SQL Server Standard edition was supported. Is...

Extracting email addresses from spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet that has a column that is a series of email addresses. The names show up when I look at the spreadsheet but they are linked to the email address. Is there a simply way to make a distribution list from this spreadsheet? Thanks Never mind, found the answer. Google is your friend. John "news.verizon.net" <JTheune@FLYverizon.net> wrote in message news:ZAkVi.2794$p%.841@trndny03... >I have a spreadsheet that has a column that is a series of email addresses. >The names show up when I look at the spreadsheet but they are linked to the >email a...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Copy And Paste problem ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. Sure it's something I am doing wrong, but can't seem to figure out what. I do a Copy on two selected columns. The dashed outline shows up fine. But when I try to do a Paste to two other blank columns, as soon as I click on them, the dashed outline disappears, and there is (therefore) no Paste option. The column is about 500 rows long. What is really funny is that if I do a Copy of only 5 rows, e.g., it sometimes (but not all the time) will do the Paste. I have everything formatgted as "General" I have Protection in everything un-checked. Any ...

incoming/outgoing server
were can i find my incoming/outgoing server for windows mail for pop mail Noting your e-mail address, that the world can now see, are you looking for Gmail instructions? Gmail & Windows Mail Setup: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "ColemanRussell61" <Coleman.Russell61@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0485F187-D79B-47CB-B8BA-3C8B13B75D97@microsoft.com... > were can i find my incoming/outgoing server for windows mail for pop > mail "Cole...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

Open another users mailbox within my Outlook
OK I used to know how to do this but am having a memory laspe here. So I know I can always get a wuick anser here in the NG's so here goes. I need to open another users mailbox within my Outlook client. I have given myself permissions just need a kick in the head on how to go about it again. I also know I do have give permissions for every folder I want to open. thanks. Do you want to open an additional mailbox in your profile or just certain folders in that mailbox? For the former, you need to add the second mailbox using Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Accounts. Highlig...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Deadlock problem on the 2005 Server
Hello, I have this transaction what I want to execute on the MSSQL Server 2005 database: DELETE ... FROM MyTable WHERE ... INSERT INTO MyTable (SELECT ...) If I send this command to the server as one request, I risk getting deadlock problems. For someone experiencing the same problem as I am, the errors I am getting are - Transaction (Process ID 87) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. - Transaction (Process ID 87) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another proce...

Mailbox Limit Exceed Warning Email
Hello, I have set 200MB limits for mailboxes on my Exchange 2000 Server running on Windows 2000 Advanced Server - all the latest patches. Currently, the user gets an email from the System Administrator when the mailbox warning threshold is reached as well as when the limit has been reached. Is there a way either using default out of the box tools or 3rd party software to notify a custom email address as well such as my email address or a manager's email address? Thanks! sejinro@yahoo.com (Ed) wrote in news:506a408d.0410131833.3fb6213b@posting.google.com: > I have set 200MB limits f...

Copy and Paste without copying Formulas
I have created a workbook with several sheets. The first sheet consists of a master list of 8000 numbers. The second sheet is where I paste a smaller list of numbers. The workbook performs a search and returns numbers that match on the third sheet. The third sheet also has formulas. I want to be able to copy and paste the resulting info on the third sheet to another workbook without copying any of the formulas......I just want the info. Any suggestions?? Ken Copy>Paste Special>Values>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:21:13 -0800, "Ken"...

Extracting rows from a sheet depending on a category field
Hello, I have a large sheet with a simple data table with headers. Each item has a column 'category'. I have another sheet on which I want to fetch all items from a certain category - is this possible? I come from a database background (as you might have noticed already), and I don't have much experience with Excel. For those of you who understand queries, I basically want to do a "SELECT FROM Sheet WHERE Category = '...'" - but how do I do this? Regards, Nils Magnus You can use a database query in Excel to do this. Save your spreadsheet and open the s...

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any issues. Thanks Ken Hi I am currently testing Win2k3 SP1 on our test server. I am sure there will be no issues, just make sure you have the latest SQL SP and hotfixes installed before applying SP1 Regards James -- Visit MGP Central on http://spaces.msn.com/members/hushdontspamme/ "Ken Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d801c5360d$1a2738e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Has anyone applied thjis service pack and where there any > issues. > Thanks > Ken ...

Extract Data in Exch 5.0
How to I Extract Data from a Damaged Private Information Store in Microsoft Exchange 5.0 Carlos wrote: > How to I Extract Data from a Damaged Private Information > Store in Microsoft Exchange 5.0 Hi. you can try this software : http://www.messagingsolutions.com/Power_Controls.htm Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm http://tdeman.free.fr/thierry/pageprincipale.htm EXMERGE. Rummie "Carlos" <sistemas@tubocaribe.com> wrote in message news:05ca01c3a8a3$58aa3070$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How to I Ex...

Can I Mass delete from server?
A friend called and told me he hasn't downloaded email in months. When he signed on he has over 1000 emails. He is on dialup and would rather delete them all. I have never used Outlook, is there a way to delete them at the server> Thank you. He'd be better off deleting them through his ISP's webmail client (if it offers one), or asking his ISP to delete the messages for him. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:rnp02093k2ov0o05veqes3s0r...

Hard drive failed: Extract email from outlook
Hey all, I am hoping that someone can help with the dilemma i am facing. My HDD is on its way out and i can no longer get a successful boot in windows(Dual Boot on different HDD's). I need to access my emails that are stored in Outlook on the dodgy HDD (i know that if the emails are damaged then i'm goosed). I can load into my other windows installation and go to the office program iles folder but i think the emails are stored as a .dbx file or something. Its there are (free) way to get my emails out? Thanks in advance, Tinochelli -- Tinochelli Tinochelli;259821 Wrote: ...

Procedure for migrating GP to another server
Hi all, Can some one suggest if there is any procedure document for migrating the Great Plains application from one server to another. Both models might be same. Few things like IP address change procedure, data migration procedure etc. Thank You SV Hi SV, Try techknowledge 878449. That is what I use to move servers. Cheers, Joe Christensen "SV" wrote: > Hi all, > > Can some one suggest if there is any procedure document for migrating the > Great Plains application from one server to another. Both models might be > same. Few things like IP address c...

SharePoint Portal Server
These are Prerequisites for Create a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Dashboard with Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server and i am new users with CRM and also for SharePoint so i can not able to check that these prerequisites are installed on server or not? Prerequisites 1- A SharePoint Portal Server site 2- Office Web components are installed on the SharePoint Portal Server page 3- The name of the server that is running Microsoft CRM Server and Microsoft SQL Server, and the name of the Microsoft CRM database from which the dashboard will get its data 4- Standard reports permissions (Live export...