Urgent Exch2003 Queue problem

My client is running Exch 2003. I have every thing set up with defaults in
place..ie no-open relay

I am publishing the server smtp port with ISA server (same server) and they
have lost the ability to send and recieve mail over teh web because the
Queue Viewer displays about 25000 messages in the Queue watining to be
delivered. There are about 100 queues open each with serveral 100 to 1000
emails...

Question.... can you help me with the Queue Viewer.. am I looking at inbound
or outbound messages? Is there a way to distinguish that?

Does anyone have an idea why my queus are swelling out of contol.. this is a
small business (5 users) and things are out of control.. please help

Thanks//

0
aholmes (5)

These are all messages that are being routed, so these are all outbound
messages. But are you seeing a lot of bogus domains in the queue? Then
they're probably NDR's...

--
Greetings,

Hans Sleurink
MCSA, MCSE 2000
"Andrew H" <aholmes@sohmission.org> wrote in message
> My client is running Exch 2003. I have every thing set up with defaults in
> place..ie no-open relay
>
> I am publishing the server smtp port with ISA server (same server) and
they
> have lost the ability to send and recieve mail over teh web because the
> Queue Viewer displays about 25000 messages in the Queue watining to be
> delivered. There are about 100 queues open each with serveral 100 to 1000
> emails...
>
> Question.... can you help me with the Queue Viewer.. am I looking at
inbound
> or outbound messages? Is there a way to distinguish that?
>
> Does anyone have an idea why my queus are swelling out of contol.. this is
> small business (5 users) and things are out of control.. please help
>
> Thanks//

Hans,

Actually they are bogus domains but I disabled NDR's from being sent. The
BADMAIL directory is empty...The to and the from of the messages are not
part of our domain. I disabled relay on both the smtp virtual server and the
connector. this is really a big problem and Im not sure how to fix it. If
you have any insight it would be great..

thanks
AH
"Fots" <postmaster@fots.nl> wrote in message
> These are all messages that are being routed, so these are all outbound
> messages. But are you seeing a lot of bogus domains in the queue? Then
> they're probably NDR's...
>
> --
> Greetings,
>
> Hans Sleurink
> MCSA, MCSE 2000
> "Andrew H" <aholmes@sohmission.org> wrote in message
>> My client is running Exch 2003. I have every thing set up with defaults
>> in
>> place..ie no-open relay
>>
>> I am publishing the server smtp port with ISA server (same server) and
> they
>> have lost the ability to send and recieve mail over teh web because the
>> Queue Viewer displays about 25000 messages in the Queue watining to be
>> delivered. There are about 100 queues open each with serveral 100 to 1000
>> emails...
>>
>> Question.... can you help me with the Queue Viewer.. am I looking at
> inbound
>> or outbound messages? Is there a way to distinguish that?
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea why my queus are swelling out of contol.. this
>> is
>> small business (5 users) and things are out of control.. please help
>>
>> Thanks//

0
aholmes (5)

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

Address book problems #5
Hello; If I goto the address book, and click the drop down box to goto contacts, I have 2 "Contacts" listed there. If I click the first one, I recieve the following error: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address could not be opened..." Does anyone know how to resolve this? I am running Windows XP SP1, and Office 2003 SP1. Thank You; Rob First thing I'd do, in Outlook, right click on the contacts icon (on the left) go to the addressbook tab, make sure, "use for default email address, or something li...

Messages queue up in hte outbox
I see the below described events listed in the system log & anywhere from 30 min to 8 hours later users begin to complain that messages are not leaving their outboxes. I try & restart the information store & it times out trying to stop the service, I then kill the store.exe process & restart the services & all is happy until that event appears again. This has happened probably 7 times in the past two weeks. I have reinstalled Sp4 for Exchange, didn't help. event: Source: Application Popup Category: None Event ID: 26 Description: Application Popup: store.exe - Applicati...

Laptop problem
I encountered few times of a problem when I closed the lid but could not get the screen turn on. When I was travelling on a train working with my laptop, I need to close the lid when someone to get off the train. Then I opened the lid but the screen was turn off, the powere was still on. No matter I pressed the space bar, enter key, power button...etc, the screen was still dard. Any idea how do I get the screen back in this situation? Alan T wrote: > I encountered few times of a problem when I closed the lid but > could not get the screen turn on. > > Whe...

Problem using CPropertySheet over CFormView
Hi! I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using CSplitterWnd. And in one of the views we have some edit controls and gird controls. In the same view, on selection of a menuitem, I create a modeless CPropertySheet with two pages and place it over the edit controls. Now on clicking the property sheet, I am getting the overlapped display of editcontrols in the view. How can I avoid this. Please help. Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards! Babu PSM Babu wrote: > Hi! > > I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using > CSplitterWnd. > And in one ...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

Font Problem
Why does my font change unexpectedly when the email is sent in Outlook 2002? I also have all recent service packs through SP3. I use HTML. I've tried the Mail Format tab options to change the fonts to always use my fonts and set everything to 10pt arial. It still arbitrarily changes its font size for no reason somtimes. Thanks ...

Problem with image links
Hi! I have some leaflets that I'm making with Publisher 2003. My main computer where my work folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\El Bimbo\My Documents\Leaflets This folder is also shared to network. I made my last leaflet with my notebook via network, so path to my leaflet-folder was: Z:\Leaflets I have almost 500 images in my leaflet and I have linked all the images to my work file - simply because it's much faster to work that way. All the images are same folder as my Publisher work file. Now when I open my work file with main computer from C:\Documents and Settings\El Bi...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Click on link problems #2
When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link Browser". And also a browser window. How do I get rid of the smaller link browser? Read your reply on your post of the 17th? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robin" <robinhood2@juno.com> wrote in message news:atmnk0pgs4m272iunkegt0rvq4ssjqisig@4ax.com... > When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link > Browser". A...

delete queue
dear, how can I delete queue? Thank you very much. Which Q, and which exchange version /Gill You don't - they are dynamic. You can bounce the service and empty queues go away - otherwise its like 5-10 minutes that we keep the queue around for performance reasons. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "jminxuan&q...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

Resource Scheduling has problem???
We are trying to change user's Calendar Resource Scheduling settings in Outlook 2003 and we keep getting this error message: ' This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance. ' I am trying to have Calendar automatically process meeting requirements, and see the free/busy information. We have Exchange 2003, Office 2003 and Windows XP. I have rebooted the server. Thanks in advance. ...

Recalculating problem.
I created a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 to track fat, carb, and protein calories from various foods, then add them up. For a while, it would change the total at the bottom of each column automatically. Then it stopped. Each column now has to be recalculateds manually (by re-entering the formula) every time I enter new data. Also, when I copy the formula, the cell window shows the revised formula, but the total at the bottom is the absolute value of the cell I was copying from--in other words, suppose the formula for n36 is =sum(n1:n35) and the total is 235. If I copy it to column p, the f...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Deadlock problem on the 2005 Server
Hello, I have this transaction what I want to execute on the MSSQL Server 2005 database: DELETE ... FROM MyTable WHERE ... INSERT INTO MyTable (SELECT ...) If I send this command to the server as one request, I risk getting deadlock problems. For someone experiencing the same problem as I am, the errors I am getting are - Transaction (Process ID 87) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. - Transaction (Process ID 87) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another proce...

problem entering dates in text box
hi to all My school uses an ancient version af Access (v 2.0), and I have no control over that. Some of the forms have a textbox with 'medium date' format. I have two concerns re these textboxes: a) If the user keys in, say, 14-feb, the field shows 14-Feb-08, but Access actually records this as February 14, 108 (why, I have no clue). Workers have to constantly remember to enter the full year, say, 14-feb 2008. Is there a workaround? b) I have a related question. Another form has a combobox (cboTaxYear) having a single-column value list. (2006;2007;2008...Let's say i...

Problem with COM and recipients in Outlook 2003
Hallo, don=B4t know, if i right in this group, but hope, somebody can help! I control Outlook 2003 with an external program with COM. I start Outlook Client and add recipients seperate with semicolon. The other fields are also filled out. If i try to send the email, Outlook do nothing. Outlook cannot send the email. First i have to enter a space in the recipient field manually before, after semicolon or at the end of the line. Than i can send the mail. If i add only one emailaddress with the external program, i can send the email. It seems Outlook have a problem with semicolon or more than ...

Tender Display Order Problem with Touchscreen
I went into SO Manager to switch Cash and MasterCard so MC is in position 1 and Cash is position 2. The changes took affect but the touchscreen button labeled Cash set the tender to MC and MC sets the tender to cash. So, I deleted all the tenders in SO Manager then added them back in the order I wanted them to appear. Once again, they appear in the order I want but now the touchscreen tender keys do nothing. They are on the touchscreen keyboard, labeled correctly and react to touch (change color when touched) but have no affect on the tender window. Any suggestions? This is a known is...

activesynch problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CA444D.836F9920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable been synching with outlook calendar/contacts for a couple of years but = something has gone awry. i deleted something on Livemail and now can't = synch my phone. i lost the wab.dll but have replaced that and reloaded = Office 2000, but now when i try and set up my phone i get a message = saying Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client = cannot fulfill the messaging request, p...

Excel Styles Problem
I created a spreadsheet that uses several different styles. All styles use the same type and size font but the shading, font color and borders are different. The normal format has no borders, no fill/pattern, and the text is black. Another fill is "User currency format" , it has borders on all sides, a blue fill/attern and black text. In some of the cells I have not applied a style to (at least no intentially), the cell styles are "Normal" before I make an entry, if I enter text the cell remains formated with the Normal style but If I enter a number the style cha...

HUGE Excel crashing problem
Hi there I am working on a document from a fairly complex template I made last year with various VBA macros. There are a number of sheets in the document which are created as the document goes on. It's an extremely urgent and quite detailed legal document and I have discovered that, all of a sudden, if I select one of 2 worksheets (which need constant amendment) and scroll to the top, the document crashes. Worse still on one of these worksheets, as soon as you select the sheet in question, the top of the page immediately appears so the document crashes immediately. Is there an...

Bank reconciliation problem
I have a foreign currency checkbook and cash account. The cash account doesn't match the balance for the checkbook. I've looked at the individiual transactions and they seem to make senes, so any advice on wehre to look would help. thx if this is the first time you reconcile this checkbook, the dif could be opening balance. "cimino172@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a foreign currency checkbook and cash account. The cash account > doesn't match the balance for the checkbook. I've looked at the > individiual transactions and they seem to make senes, so any a...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Cannot assign case from Queue
We recently upgraded from CRM 3 to CRM 4. We use c360's e-mail to case. I am unable to assign a case from the queue to another users. The cases show as created and owned by the CRM administrator but even while logged in as that user I cannot re-assign them. I get an "unexpected error" please contact your system administrator. Has anyone seen this? If I manually create cases I am able to re-assign them at will. It's only from the queue that I have problems. My account is setup in the System Administrator Role. Don On Apr 15, 7:37=A0am, doninep <doni...@discu...