URGENT: Cannot setup new outlook profiles because Global Address List is not reachable

Hi everybody!   We have a very great trouble!!  Please, help us

We have two servers
  - Server1: Windows 2K SP3 is a Domain Controller and Global Catalog for  DOMAI
  - Server2: Windows 2K SP3 is a Server of DOMAIN (not a DC) and it is running Exchange 2000 SP
All of then up and running with no problems UNTIL..

After a very odd crash, we had to demote and promote Server1 from being the GC. OK

But, then...  we have realized that from the view of point of Outllook clients the Global Address List was empty
We are not able to access Global Adress List from the Exchange Manager. When we are navigating as "Administrator" to ' All Global Address List', we are receiving a message telling us that "we have not enought privileges to modify these folders"  (??) and the Global Address List is not present there
but, if we query this information against the GC (with ADSI edit or LDP) we can see a empty container called "Global Address List"

Anyone understand what is happening

Problem:  In this situation we are not able to
  - query the GAL from Outlook clients (ever if we setup another GAL from ADSI Edit
  - setup new profiles from Outlook clients because setup process is quering GAL in order to check the user nam

does anyone knows any workaround for these problems

TI

0
anonymous (74722)

data table too long to setup
Hi All This company sells tickets to people who stays in hotels for activities they organise. I have already prepared tables to get data for sale sheet ie user will enter ticket number, Activity name,activity date,hotel name, client name ,room number,number of people. All other information will be picked up from pre-set tables.So far no problem except They sale nearly 40 different activities and their clients stay in nearly 50 hotels- if not More than that- And my pick-up table which consists of " activity name" , "hotel name ", "pick-up time", "pick- point ...

Word 2000 SP-3 Address Lookup Crashes with Outlook 2003
Please can anyone help in this problem that is consistently reproducible on different machines. Windows 2000 SP3 Word 2000 SP3 Outlook 2003 SP1 Single Outlook profile (set as default profile) which has a single user mailbox that connects to an Exchange 2003 SP1 Server. Outlook address book with the option set in the e-mail profile to show as last name then first name = 'File As (Smith, John)' The Outlook address book is set as default. Create an address entry in the address book. Close Outlook. Go to word and open the 'Envelopes and Labels' compon...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

Outlook and Outlook Express #7
I use Outlook express for sending messages and for storing email addresses and I use Outlook for backing up to from my PDA. I am on broadband and the computer is usually left on 24/7 My problem is this, every day or so I sometimes find email address in my Outlook address contacts. I didnt put them there and they gave somehow been transfered from my Outlook Express to my Outlook. I have checked everything I can to try and stop it but I must be missing something. Has anyone got any ideas? Howard ...

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

Create new Object types
Help??? We are just implementing a new MS-CRM system and have a need which I figure should be possible but don't know how to do. Essentially we need to add a new Object Type. We need to slot in a “Project” object type in between the existing Opportunity and Account types. A Project has a finite time frame. Multiple Accounts (Companies/Customers) with their associated Contacts can be attached to that “Project” and a Contact must be able to be assigned as the Project Lead for that “Project.” How do I do that? I did consider just making an Account and calling that the “Project” and t...

Error
I am trying to do a reinstall of CRM 1.2 onto an SBS2k3 box. In the uninstall of CRM I left the databases intact as I will be reconnecting the new CRM 1.2 installation to the existing data. When I try the install, I get an error saying : Microsoft CRM Setup could not validate this instance of SQL Server at the "Select SQL Server" screen. I have selected the SQL server from the list (which is local to the machine) and have "Connect to existing databases" (though I get the same error if I select "create new databases"). I saw the previous thread about SQL requi...

Outlook 2002 hangs with pulldown menu selection
I recently got the trojan and backdoor viruses on my machine, causing Outlook 2002 and all Office XP programs to hang for about a minute when I click on a directory pulldown (when attempting to look through directories to open, save, or attach a file). I successfully removed the viruses by upgrading Norton anti-virus and running trendmicro.com scans to seek out and remove the infected files. I tried installing all of the windows and office updates, running detect and repair, and even uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP, but the problem still exists. Please let me know how I can r...

Outlook passwords
Outlook does not retain saved passwords despite checking the box. It prompts for passwords after every shutdown and startup. What should I do? remove the profile and create a new one. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook does not retain saved passwords despite checking >the box. It prompts for passwords after every shutdown >and startup. What should I do? >. > ...

Outlook 2007
Is it possible to stop Reminders from popping up to Remind me of things I never wanted to be Reminded of? Like Mothers Day, St, Davids Day etc. Drives me nuts... Thanks -- Confusion will be my epitaph... Sure, open those events and turn off the reminder. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Appalachia" <Appalachia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94E5...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

How to add German Dictionary in Outlook 2003 #2
Hi All, I need to add German Dictionary to outlook 2003, Can somebody guide how to do that...... Thanks in advance. ...

new identity
I set up a second Identity in outlook express but when I go to retreive a message nothing comes up. If I go to the internet and put in my email address the messages are there. What step am I missing to get them through outlook. Thanks Maureen ...

CRM 3.0 Mapping Account to Address
Trying to map the Freight Terms and it does not appear that I can map it. The Shipping Method is, however mapped. And suggestions? Thanks! Shauna Are you referring to the Address or Contact entity? "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Trying to map the Freight Terms and it does not appear that I can map it. > The Shipping Method is, however mapped. And suggestions? > > Thanks! > Shauna Hi Chad, To the More Addresses, Address form. The Shipping Method seems to be mapped but not the Freight Terms. Any suggestions? Thanks! Shauna "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:...

Outlook express #306
I have backed up my emails from outlook express on to my "F" drive. What is the file extension I should look for, and/or how do I reinstate them back in to outlook express on my "C" drive. Many thanks, Geo stewart george stewart <stewartgeorgestewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have backed up my emails from outlook express on to my "F" drive. > What is the file extension I should look for, and/or how do I > reinstate them back in to outlook express on my "C" drive. 1) Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup like news://msnews...

New CRM 3.0 install
We are trying to install the new CRM 3.0 that came in the MS Action Pak. I'm getting an error and the install won't proceed beyond the point where it asks for the SQL server. Says it can't find server(0) The box is a Win2003 server with Exch 2005 and SQL 2005 in it. We can connect to this sql server from other boxes on the net so we know it's up and running. Let me correct myself. The box is Win2003 server. SQL is 2000 standard SP4 Exchange is 2003 SP1 I can only guess that while poking around in the SQL manager I found "add this sql server to active director...

installation of office 2000 outlook
My boss asked me to work from home. I'm taking my Microsoft Office 2000 and installing at home. When I tried to install Outlook, I received a message that asked me to go to Control Panel, and Mail Icon. A Window called 'MS Exchange Settings Properties' opens and it is blank. What do I need to write in there? Presently, I'm using "Outlook Express" for my E-Mails and my internet service provider is Bellsouth. My internet address at home is quinoaa@bellsouth.net. Can you help Maria, You need to click the Add button and add Internet Email. Or you can g...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Outlook 2007 Clients can't connect
I posted a similar question yesterday to the guys over at microsoft.public.exchange.setup as well, to maybe attack this issue from an Exchange server perspective. Maybe the folks over here can offer some insight, as this may be a client issue. I have a new Exchange 2007 server. New Outlook 2003 clients can connect just fine. Outlook 2007 clients tested on both XP and Vista, fail. The error I'm seeing is: "Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and you are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlo...

Outlook Express problem
When I click on a URL link in an email message sent to me, nothing happens and I am not able to access the link. How do I fix this problem? Wow - wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Curious Joe" <Curious Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D2D0BF-9AD4-4807-8E19-9E25DBFEC9FB@microsoft.com... > When I click on a URL link in an email message sent to me, nothing happens > and I am not able to access the link. How do I fix this problem? "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Menu ribbon in Outlook 2k has 'floated' free, stuck at top of screen.
The menu ribbon for Outlook 2000 now resides above the blue Outlook banner. Re-sizing Outlook changes nothing. I can grab the edge of the menu ribbon and re-size it from a long thin rectangle, (default shape), to a short square, but all I see is the bottom edge of the rectangle/square, never the words File, Edit, Options, Tools, etc. However, running the mouse along the botton activates each menu item, causing the drop down menu to open. I just can't get the menu back onto Outlook where it belongs. Nothing on the Microsoft site that speaks to changing or customizing menus appli...

SMTP primary address
My apologize for double posting, I love to hear from you guys what do you think How many primary SMTP address can e-mail enabled object can have? I would say one, if I asked this question to myself a minute ago, Here is the situation; I am in the middle of migration 2000 mailboxes with AD and Exchange I have AD admin with me, he script the SMTP Proxy addresses, for this migration When we run the script, we have realized a user had 4 primary SMTP address Set after script is done I had to go back use ADSI edit and clean the other primary proxy addresses, I am not sure what the receiver...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...

Can I add new nodes to an XPathDocument?
I have an XPathDocument which contains a list of color definitions. If I want to add a new color definition to, or delete an existing one from, the source xml file how can I force this to be reflected in the XPathDocument? Do I have to reload the XPathDocument? If so, would I need to dispose of the old XPathDocument and it's associated XPathNavigator somehow? Can I even change a node value in the XPathDocument? E.g. if I want to change the color description. Thanks Steve steve bull wrote: > I have an XPathDocument which contains a list of color definitions. If I want to add ...