Upgrading to 2010.

I have just began to look into this. We have a license for Exchange Server
2010 Standard Edition. We currently have exchange 2007. Should I upgrade?

0
Brian

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:07:54 -0600, "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have just began to look into this. We have a license for Exchange Server
>2010 Standard Edition. We currently have exchange 2007. Should I upgrade?

Look at the features in 2010. Do you need to move to 2010? What
business case would be satisfied by moving to 2010?
0
Mark
4/1/2010 7:41:57 PM
Well,
 Our exchange server is in poor shape and needs to be rebuilt. I figured
since I was going to rebuild anyways, I would upgrade.
I am actually getting another server and going to build it and then migrate
the data. So any opinions? Do I move up, or stick with 2k7?

> On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:07:54 -0600, "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have just began to look into this. We have a license for Exchange Server
>>2010 Standard Edition. We currently have exchange 2007. Should I upgrade?
>
> Look at the features in 2010. Do you need to move to 2010? What
> business case would be satisfied by moving to 2010?

0
Brian
4/5/2010 8:05:38 PM
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:05:38 -0600, "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Well,
> Our exchange server is in poor shape and needs to be rebuilt. I figured
>since I was going to rebuild anyways, I would upgrade.
>I am actually getting another server and going to build it and then migrate
>the data. So any opinions? Do I move up, or stick with 2k7?

I have no idea. Do you need to move to 2010? Have you looked at
microsoft.com/exchange and checked the features? Have you looked at
your support cycles and decided that you will be so far out of support
by the time you're ready to do Exchange v-next?
0
Mark

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

DPM 2010 RC Email Notifications
My email notifications are not working. They were working just fine in 2010 Beta. On the SMTP tab with server, port, from address filled in I can successfully send a test email with username/password entered in 'Authenticated SMTP Server'. But no actual notifications are sent. If I switch over to the Notifications tab and hit 'Send Test Notification' it gives me "An authentication error occurred when trying to connect to the SMTP server. (ID 518). My SMTP server (Exchange 2007) does not require authentication fo me to send email notifications. I posted s...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question
My current server is SBS 2003 Premium and my practice managment software uses a SQL 2000 DB. I also run Exchange. I do not have the SBS2003 R2 upgrade. My practice management software no longer supports SQL 2000. Their minimum requirement is SQL 2005. My current server is a 4 year old Dell PE 2800 with a 3 GHz Xeon single processor (room for another) and 2GB ram. I'm not sure if it is 64bit capable but I think it is. I have 9 workstations which are accessing the database pretty much continuously. I wouldn't say that my practice managment program seems slow, although t...

Upgrade 2006 to Small Business
Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, CF wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? See http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx or visit a store. I would first just try to install over the existing installation. If Money asks if it should uninstall the previous version for you, say yes. If there is a problem, you could uninstall the old first, and then install the new. In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it...

Office 2010 Beta = MAXIMUM DAMAGE!
NOTE: I may be wrong but I do NOT beleive this is the wrong group, Office caused the damage but it's a Vista 64 problem now, Windows Vista Ultimate 64 with Office 2007 installed... I downloaded the beta version of Office 2010 and it installed OK. I ran Outlook and Word, both worked. The next time I started the PC, Outlook refused to open as did Word, etc. so I used the Add/Remove to remove Office 2010 Beta and got errors (too long ago to recall what they were) but it seemed to uninstall, re- installed Office 2007 but that failed, tried a system restore to prior to i...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

Word 2010 Column Break
How to find Column break or Section Break? Same place as in Word 2007. "Page Layout" tab -> "Page Setup" group -> "Breaks" button. Yves "istvan75n" <istvan75n@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0B1932-7512-47EB-BC42-8661E5FDF0AA@microsoft.com... > How to find Column break or Section Break? ...

Where is DPM 2010 RC?
Seems to be delayed, any updated word on when it will arrive? Based on the latest webcast, the RC version of DPM 2010 will be available in first week of February: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2010/01/dpm-2010-release-candidate.html -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications.sivarajan.com/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "techraider04" <techraider04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F96...

Cannot open Money08 after upgrading from Money06
I have upgraded from Money2006 to 2008 last week after getting the MS upgrade notices. I was able to use Money08 for several days. Currently Money will crash as soon as I enter my logon name and password. I have tried to logon in offline mode but it doesn't work as well. In addition, I cannot launch MSN messenger. Not sure if they are all related. Also, it says there is no-charge (unlimited request) to contact Money tech support via email or chat, but then down below it says there's a charge of $35. Any idea? Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Money06to08_b...