Upgraded to Exch2003, OWA2003, but experience is slow

I've setup a two node Exch2003 cluster. I still have Exch2000 running in
co-existence with the new Exch2003 system.

THen I create a new mailbox on the new Exch2003 cluster back-end servers.

Via OWA, I logon with newUserAccount and I see the OWA 2003 interface.
However, it comes slow and it doesn't finalize all the grapics. I try to
send an e-mail, but I click "New" and nothing appears. Something is not
working right.

Any idea of what could it be ?

I did not configure the steps below outlined the Exch2003 Deployment guide:

Creating the HTTP Virtual Servers in Exchange System Manager
When you create an Exchange Virtual Server, during the installation of the
System Attendant resource, Exchange creates an HTTP virtual server resource.
To configure a front-end server to use a clustered back-end server, you must
create additional HTTP virtual servers on each Exchange Virtual Server that
is a part of the clustered back-end servers.

You must create one Exchange HTTP virtual server for each front-end
namespace. For example, if contoso.com hosts Exchange Server 2003 for both
tailspintoys.com and wingtiptoys.com, three virtual servers are
necessary-the default virtual server, a virtual server for tailspintoys.com,
and a virtual server for wingtiptoys.com. This configuration provides
maximum flexibility in determining which resources are available to each
hosted company.

The following steps must be repeated for each Exchange Virtual Server in the
cluster.

To create an HTTP virtual server
      1.
     In Exchange System Manager, in the console tree, expand Servers, expand
the server that you want to configure as a back-end server, and then expand
Protocols.

      2.
     Right-click HTTP, point to New, and then click HTTP Virtual Server.

      3.
     In Properties, in the Name box, type the name of your front-end server.

      4.
     Next to the IP Address list, click Advanced.

      5.
     In Advanced, under Identities, select the default entry, and then click
Modify.

      6.
     In Identification, in the IP address list, select the IP address of
this Exchange Virtual Server (the back-end server). This IP address must
match the IP address resource value you previously configured for the
back-end server (Figure 7.9).

      Figure 7.9   The Identification dialog box

      7.
     In the Host name box, type the host header of the front-end server.
This is the name by which the clients access the front-end server. The host
header for the Exchange Virtual Server must map to the host header on the
front-end server.

      Note :

      Client requests to the front-end server use a specific host, such as
http://mail.contoso.com. A virtual server on the front-end must have the
"mail.contoso.com" host header configured. The front-end server then proxies
the request to the back-end server, which must also have the host header
configured on a virtual server.

      8.
     Verify that TCP port is set to 80, and then click OK.

      9.
     In Advanced, if you want to add an additional identity, click Add, and
perform Steps 6 through 8 again.

      Note :

      Consider adding several identities to the virtual server that list all
the ways that a user might access the front-end server. For example, if a
front-end server is used both internally and externally, consider listing
both a host name and a fully qualified domain name, such as "mail" for
internal access and "mail.contoso.com" for external access.

      10.
     In Advanced, click OK twice to create the new HTTP virtual server.

Creating Virtual Directories to Match the Directories Configured on the
Front-End Server
After you create the HTTP virtual server, you must add virtual directories
to match those configured on the front-end server. A typical Exchange
installation contains virtual directories called Exchange and Public. In
Exchange System Manager, virtual directories of HTTP virtual servers appear
as child objects of the HTTP virtual server.

To create virtual directories on the back-end server
      1.
     In Exchange System Manager, in the console tree, expand Servers, expand
the server that you want to configure as a back-end server, expand
Protocols, and then expand HTTP.

      2.
     Right-click <HTTP Virtual Server Name> (where HTTP Virtual Server Name
is the name of the HTTP virtual server you created in "Creating the HTTP
Virtual Servers in Exchange System Manager" earlier in this section), point
to New, and then click Virtual Directory.

      3.
     In Properties, in the Name box, type Exchange.

      4.
     Under Exchange Path, the Mailboxes for SMTP domain option is selected
by default. Keep this setting, because users use the Exchange virtual
directory to access their Exchange mailboxes. Click OK to create the first
virtual directory.

      5.
     In the console tree, right-click <HTTP Virtual Server Name> again
(where HTTP Virtual Server Name is the name of the HTTP virtual server you
created in "Creating the HTTP Virtual Servers in Exchange System Manager"
earlier in this section), point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.

      6.
     In Properties, in the Name box, type Public.

      7.
     Under Exchange Path, click Public folder, and then click Modify.

      8.
     In Public Folder Selection, double-click Public Folders. After a few
seconds, Exchange resolves the public folder's server name and appends it to
the name of the Public Folders container (Figure 7.10).

begin 666 3d010c81-52e0-4836-980f-0573edd74828.gif
M1TE&.#EA@ '%`*(``-;3SO___P``F0```)F9F0```````````"'Y! ``````
M+ ````" `<4```/_"+K<_C#*2:N]..O-N_]@*([-``1HJJYLZ[YP+,]T;=]X
MKN]\[__ 8(I@"I".R*1RR6PZG] ,\0006*_8K';+[7J_X+!X3"Z;S^BT>LUN
MN]^ J?%-K]OO^+Q^S^^[XT55?H.$A8:'B(EO-0-6@%2*D9*3E)6694841(YR
M@ETH;"F7HZ2EIHF9$YL"CW,"*EF@8K*O`;56M%^TN:>]OK^DJ0,F"\,*JZV>
MO+>SMK'.9,O T]35AJD`QMG$@)R!5[NPM;(KN**@Y\[BZ^GFY.+6\?+S8-C;
MVL>-K)W@ZO[,Z/Z%`VA+VJV![PC26\B0GKUM#9#Q,T?Q8+F$" 5"<Q>P_Y_"
MA U#BO1E;QB^;ON^5<2X\2.TCA:QL/0XD]G(FS@I8=.&3Z)*A3%E:J0YU&/0
MH# -YES*=(\P;A!1)N/(T5\[@@6SKA0U[IW6KEN;BAVKY^$#GY#(JEW+-HQ9
M!VA=M9U+EVT``GCSZM6K;VK=OX"7FAQ,>+"WM($3*V;K=['CQSF319E,N;+E
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MY@DFCWM&1"8#Q$ %E02##JK<FFXF&J><B]ZIZ*-,-JIHI'E6>F.$`.[WIV03
M! JH!85&AVBC=$+ZJ*.F,CHGFY1:ZNJ).9ZI:9]CTIJFH"7@,YB9)D75*Z_%
M>!K;J*B6*BF5DKHIY97_JAK[ZK,;&OGKK/KE8^NG]YQ4)C<F<)N-F<5\^ZVP
MLA%+)Z6M.JNNJJM"ZVZT)<&UZ83D/K"KM_CR^BNNR$5Z+K,`IWOJL2ZT^N[!
M/5QK;;6<$@HN!/F"&[&AXCX\F[FIMEMLLJ0"3##'"(>L@\(-\\GPPQ1;W&VX
M$[,LL<7#^COGLD[.7"J6-&N,:ITB]\P#R4B2+&[*^@:Z;Z_<ZIHTS*X1Z_/3
M4+L`]+R;*AFCP5%G_?34"K^8J=5.:RUVSW&\1[705NLX]MI/)]AUU6E+&/?<
M'3#\(MT,L*WWWBP(AS;>@ >.Q-V"%V[XDG\?KOCB?I_,^..0^YEXY)0?3GCE
M_Y@#?GGFG*>].=WXA2[ZZ*27;OKIJ.]E-]R&__?@Z[#'+OOLM-=N^]F.MXXU
MW[R+_/;DFN_>^_#N_IY[X6$3KSRTQG>>?,$[+R^]BLUS_OP+PD^O_8759WX]
M]-N'WV'WF*_YY+):YIR]^.R/O#KP>)N_J,P6KM_^_360'P&_<<OO:(E4JA_^
M!N@#_4$,6YT*C_\`N#$!$O"!.3"@O1#H,.\L,$YM<B $-T@#"3J ?]/B":Z4
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M#>A*B:H!_GP-`T E3E*7R50H]-)'4XUG55]IU/YDE:-;=<)58?35%2TUK$4]
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M4;3YEH3FS2<1`]R9]GYFP"S%+4S51&$D8-BC3BU,!CH<LP4S&+",52!;3_P!
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MS[OS[: ;>-TN7\!*1XATF:87`_G&N=-?MG,9<_O0Y@$ZML_+<+ 7W>@2)JG"
M?3IT/C&]VA;MN,3-ONS,53TV!-^UK^_^!!*+NF1^/S9@-<Y#P4];Q.R,=M\Q
M]W?8!)[P%V-\B4^>^%?;^O.X#CWH1T^,K"M \=MV?+\F7SFU\U#SL D[3<\^
M=>Y8*,JG>_OJ,=]XSE->T<"7^%UPGWM&$[_XOF]]\(/_P>4#O_G.3S3K"[WC
M;E._EM:__BFSK_U,<K_[E?P^^",I_O$CLOSFMQ[:T[]+]+._<NY_?^3B+__'
CT;_^DB3V&O'WS__^^___`'A\T3> !%B !GB ")B P9<``#L`
`
end

I applied Exch2003 to front-end and now that works.
"Marlon Brown" <marlon_brownj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> directory to access their Exchange mailboxes. Click OK to create the first
> virtual directory.
>
>      5.
>     In the console tree, right-click <HTTP Virtual Server Name> again
> (where HTTP Virtual Server Name is the name of the HTTP virtual server you
> created in "Creating the HTTP Virtual Servers in Exchange System Manager"
> earlier in this section), point to New, and then click Virtual Directory.
>
>      6.
>     In Properties, in the Name box, type Public.
>
>      7.
>     Under Exchange Path, click Public folder, and then click Modify.
>
>      8.
>     In Public Folder Selection, double-click Public Folders. After a few
> seconds, Exchange resolves the public folder's server name and appends it
> to the name of the Public Folders container (Figure 7.10).

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

RMS slows down while tendering F12
We are using the Epson TM-T88III printer with OPOS drivers. The system is running on windows XP. it is Store Operations 1.3. There use to be long discussions about this problem in the past which i cannot find, must have been removed from this discussion board for one reason or another. Anyways... When tendering with F12, and then putting in the tender amounts, pressing OK. Once it is ready to start printing a reciept, the system will stop and take forever before it will finish and print the reciept. Any ideas of what can be done to help fix this problem? This problem doesnt happen ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Automatic timeout and logoff feature OWA2003
Do I NEED to use Forms based auth to take advantage of the automatic logoff feature, or can I set this up via the registry using simply BASIC auth? Also, why would my OWAAdmin buttons be greyed out when trying to admin my OWA2003 server? Do I need to have FBA enabled to use these as well? Thanks ...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Causes of a slow opening OUtlook templates box?
When a Outlook 97 user selects File-New-Choose Template, the templates box takes about 30 seconds to open. Are there any settings/registry settings to force it to look in a specific location? Thanks ...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Moving Newsgroups in Exch2003 to Exch2003
I have an old exch2003 server i am moving to another box. No issue until i try to move the newsgroups which use folders stored locally and not actually within the Internet Newsgroups folder on exchange. I recreate all the same file structure/virtual directories on the new machine, move the files over, open Outlook express connect to the new newsgroup, synchronize and nothing..no data... ANYONE..ANY IDEAS????? -- Terry J. J. ...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question
My current server is SBS 2003 Premium and my practice managment software uses a SQL 2000 DB. I also run Exchange. I do not have the SBS2003 R2 upgrade. My practice management software no longer supports SQL 2000. Their minimum requirement is SQL 2005. My current server is a 4 year old Dell PE 2800 with a 3 GHz Xeon single processor (room for another) and 2GB ram. I'm not sure if it is 64bit capable but I think it is. I have 9 workstations which are accessing the database pretty much continuously. I wouldn't say that my practice managment program seems slow, although t...