Upgraded from Exchange 2003 standard to enterprise now I get strange logs

I just upgraded my exchange 2003 server to enterprise. The install went
fine and everythign seems to work however I now have information events
in my application log. the message is as follows.

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	Ci
Event Category:	CI Service
Event ID:	4109
Date:		11/2/2006
Time:		7:29:43 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	FRASERV_MAIL
Master merge was started on c:\system volume information\catalog.wci
because more than 20000 documents have changed since the last master
merge.

they seem to happen about every 15 minutes. I know it is some kind of
index but is it supposed to run that often? I also read it was resource
intensive.

Thanks,

0
pat.borka (1)

That is Content Indexing, not related to Exchange.
R-click "My Computer", choose "Manage", "Services and Applications",
"Indexing Service" and set it the way you like.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-Ins.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
Free graphic image manipulation program - www.gimp.org
0
kpalagin (1838)

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322
We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed). Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: In...

Meeting Updates after applying Exchange Time Zone Tool
How do appointment updates work when applying the client os dst and the exchange timezone tool? I have read the meeting updates are sent after the exchange tool runs. Does Outlook sends meeting updates to the other recipients even if both host/attendee are in the same Exchange site and both clients have been updated with the dst update? In this scenario, it seems like there isn't anything that needs to be updated. On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:41:05 -0800, Davidi <Davidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do appointment updates work when applying the client os dst and the...

Access 2003 macro problem
I've been developing with Access '97 for quite some time. But now that we've moved all of our customers to Access 2003 I'm going to do all of the development with that tool. I have a macro which worked great in '97. The macro was invoked by using the keystroke combination Ctrl-E. In a macro named Autokeys, the Macro Name is ^e and the action is the name of a Public Sub in a Module. When invoked with Ctrl-E while the cursor was positioned on the declaration line of a new Sub or Function (either in a Module or a Form's Class Module, etc.) it would create a skeleton...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Exchange pop3 does not respond
Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Macafee Groupshield We when shutdown the server and bring it back up the pop3 will not accept connections from clients and does not generate a Error. When you check the services the pop3 is running, but when you go to stop restart just the pop3 service it will fail to start and just show starting in the status. We must then reboot the server again, wait for all the services to start up then stop IIS and its dependency (which include pop3) restart those dependencies then restart pop3 and it works. However, today we did manage to get a error. Event ...

Exchange 5.5 event id 2042
Unable to get the AppleTalk network address of the Microsoft Exchange Server computer Is somebody know this error message? event id: 2042 on exchange 5.5 Thanks! Julie ...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

moving Exchange to another drive
I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: drive. How can I go about doing this? Thank you. If you mean the executables you'll probably want to do a reinstall. If you mean databases and log files you can just change the path within Exchange System Manager. For example, properties of the Storage group will let you change the log file path. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915/en-us Nue "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDZo3tgYGHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: d...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

HELP! I can't go to my desktop, much less get online
I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer. James Moore Larry wrote: > I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing > the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it ...

Cannot access some sort of mail items in exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I just migrated my 140 MBX to a new ex2k3/w2k3 server and everything worked fine except, that in some mailboxes, some items are not accessible. Problem A: User A and B cannot access PGP encrypted messages, that they sent to other people. Problem B: User C and D cannot access mails which they have replied to or they have forwarded. For Problem B I moved the mailboxes back to my "old" exchange running ex2k/w2k and everything worked again. In both cases it is possible to see the first charakters of the mail using the auto-preview. When I try to view the items in the pr...

Netscape browser; Outlook/Exchange email
Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather than Netscape Mail, or b) Netscape mail uses the exchange server? Thanks Dave dgmoore@erols.com <dgmoore@erols.com> wrote: > Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default > browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in > response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather > than Netscape Mail, or b)...

Urgent. configuration Exchange 2003
Good morning, I need to configure Exchange 2003 so that certain users can only receive and to send internal emails. Can they tell me exactly where I should configure it? Thank you Can you throw a hand? "Miguel A." <ma.camaleonNOSPAM@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:%23UXBupN0GHA.4408@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Good morning, > > I need to configure Exchange 2003 so that certain users can only receive > and to send internal emails. Can they tell me exactly where I should > configure it? > > Thank you > ...

Announcement Coming: Holiday Card Contest 2003
Keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming details and full announcement for the 2nd Annual Microsoft Publisher Holiday Greeting Card contest! Stay tuned........ Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Standard Costs
I created a MO in a test account in Great Plains. It's status now is 'Complete'. How can I verify the posting of the standard costs into a certain account? Is there a certain inquiry I can use? First, confirm all batches are posted or examine the transactions in the batches to see if your transaction is found there. Then, use the financial inquiry to examine the inventory asset account(s) for the item to ensure the proper amount(s) are posted. Keep in mind, depending on how you setup your cash flow through manufacturing that up to nine different accounts can be hit wit...

Exchange Active Sync
Recently migrated a test user from exchange 2003 to our newly implemented exchange 2010. Everything works except Active Synch. I can no longer connect to server, which is still an exchange 2003 Bridgehead server. How can I get the Bridgehead to know to connect to exchange 2010 active synch. This worked before between sites with exchange 2003 and the bridgehead. Thanks, CK72264 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wp...

XP Upgrade

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...