Upgrade of ADC with ADC SP1

I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am
currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with
the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1.
There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no
instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I
am asked;
Add/remove
Reinstall
Remove all

After searching the internet for two hours and finding
nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what
the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed
next and the setup, after a setup successful message I
pressed finish.

Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to move a
mailbox across admin groups only to be told that all
ADC's in the domain had to be SP1.

This machine has the only one ADC for the domain, so now
I am back to my original question of how to upgrade the
ADC.

I am guessing it wouldn't be very intelligent to remove
all and then reinstall as I would lose the "Config
CA_site_server" connection agreements that were setup by
the exchange 2003 installs.

What am I supposed to do?

use reinstall

/Lasse Pettersson

"Steve Sanson" <steve.sanson@clear.net.nz> wrote in message
> I have a mixed 5.5 and 2003 exchange environment and am
> currently trying to upgrade the 2003 ADC connector with
> the version that ships with exchange 2003 SP1.
> There is no upgrade.exe only a setup.exe and no
> instructions. (very tardy Microsoft) when I run setup, I
> am asked;
> Add/remove
> Reinstall
> Remove all
>
> After searching the internet for two hours and finding
> nothing, I thought I would try Add/Remove and see what
> the next screen said. I took the defaults and pressed
> next and the setup, after a setup successful message I
> pressed finish.
>
> Thinking that the ADC was now upgraded I tried to move a
> mailbox across admin groups only to be told that all
> ADC's in the domain had to be SP1.
>
> This machine has the only one ADC for the domain, so now
> I am back to my original question of how to upgrade the
> ADC.
>
> I am guessing it wouldn't be very intelligent to remove
> all and then reinstall as I would lose the "Config
> CA_site_server" connection agreements that were setup by
> the exchange 2003 installs.
>
> What am I supposed to do?

0
lasse (94)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...

Upgrade to 8.0/Upgrade FRX
When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over the 7.5 client or uninstalling 8.0 fresh? How about FRX? (6.5 to 6.7) Thanks, Annalisa I like to keep the GP installation clean but I've had success installing over the existing client. Just make sure you export all modified reports and forms to package files. For FRx, it will give you options during the installation process. I would keep the existing version and install in a new directory. "afollo" wrote: > When upgrading Great Plains (from 7.5 to 8.0) do you suggest installing over > ...

downloading Office 2007 Professional didn't upgrade my outlook 20.
I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then converted to my own. I also have Office 2000 still on my computer. How do I get outlook to upgrade from 2000 to 2007? The trial version of Outlook will not install if any other version of Outlook is installed What does "converted to my own" mean? "rmeadie" <rmeadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A302D5A5-12EA-4C56-8944-53FAD9A7A0C1@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a trial version of Office 2007 Professional which I then > converted to my own. I also have Office ...

Re: ADMTv2 Replace ADC Disabled
Hello: Scenario: W2K Forest\domain w/Exch03; WinNT4 domain w/Exch55. We want to slowly migrate from NT4 domain and maintain email and all other resources available on the NT4 side while we do it. Common stuff... To that end, utilizing the ADC version that came w/Exch03 (pre service pack 1), we created Disabled User accounts in the W2K domain. As we approach migrating the user domain I want to use ADMTv2 to migrate the users / group's sidHistory, from the NT4 domain into the W2K domain, thus maintaining the users resource access permissions, etc. I am worried however that if I s...

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Domain Upgrade
We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD domain to 2008 and would like to know its impact on Exchange, OCS, LCS etc There should be none. Good luck! -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Glen" <Glen@live.com> wrote in message news:OHx5MsykKHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2003 Native Domain with Exchange 2003 running on Windows > 2003 member servers. We intend to upgrade our AD doma...

deleting ADC connectors
Hello everyone: I have an Exchange 2003 domain with Win2k3 DC's. the exchange domain runs on Native mode. i guess before i came this organization used to have exchange 5.5 servers because i still see Active Directory connectors. In the Active directory Sites And Services>MyCampus>Servers>MyServers i see a list of three servers. two are my DCs one is what used to be my first exchange server. I already moved all the roles to another server but that one is not appearing in the list. under the first server and one of the DCs i see a folder Exchange settings and it has a...

Upgrade Error
I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the Reports Feature. When I select that feature, I get a page that tell sme that a Money upgrade is in progress and that I will be able to use the feature when that is complete. The problem is that the progress bar never moves and the update has never completed. I am not sure what is going on and I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Beal Boru <Beal Boru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I purchased and downloaded Money 2006. I noticed that I cannot use the >Report...

Upgrade
Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? Howdie! Am 03.05.2010 20:57, schrieb Collins: > Are there any special considerations in migrating/upgrading a Windows Server > 2003 domain controller running on a VM server? > > Is P2V process a recommended approach if yes Why? if noy why? You're asking a couple of questions here, each of them being a broad topic that one can't just answer with "yes, no, maybe&q...

Upgrading 2005 from 2004
This is a message for ya'll trying to convert that file from 2004 to the new "improved" 2005. This worked for me running a XP SP2 laptop with 2 users. First uninstall 2005. Reinstall 2004. Under the file menu you will find "repair money File". Click on that and do a standard repair. Reinstall 2005. Use the new repaired file and it works. I noticed that the repaired file was half the size of the old file. It apparently had a record file error. Hope this helps ya'll out. Now to find out what new problems I will find. Matt You should have stopped ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 unwanted remote item headers
Hi all, Does anybody know how to purge unwanted remote item headers from an inbox which has no corresponding items on the server? Somehow duplicate headers were downloaded. Thanks. Rob. They should delete themselves on the next sync. Otherwise, you need to use Outlook Spy. (Waiting for a sync is easier :)) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

To upgrade or not upgrade, that is the question
My current server is SBS 2003 Premium and my practice managment software uses a SQL 2000 DB. I also run Exchange. I do not have the SBS2003 R2 upgrade. My practice management software no longer supports SQL 2000. Their minimum requirement is SQL 2005. My current server is a 4 year old Dell PE 2800 with a 3 GHz Xeon single processor (room for another) and 2GB ram. I'm not sure if it is 64bit capable but I think it is. I have 9 workstations which are accessing the database pretty much continuously. I wouldn't say that my practice managment program seems slow, although t...

Upgrade 2006 to Small Business
Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? In microsoft.public.money, CF wrote: >Is it possible to upgrade from Money 2006 to Money Small Business? If so, how? See http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/editorial/22/cswspring06/default.mspx or visit a store. I would first just try to install over the existing installation. If Money asks if it should uninstall the previous version for you, say yes. If there is a problem, you could uninstall the old first, and then install the new. In addition to Cal's comments, when you install the new version it...

Cannot open Money08 after upgrading from Money06
I have upgraded from Money2006 to 2008 last week after getting the MS upgrade notices. I was able to use Money08 for several days. Currently Money will crash as soon as I enter my logon name and password. I have tried to logon in offline mode but it doesn't work as well. In addition, I cannot launch MSN messenger. Not sure if they are all related. Also, it says there is no-charge (unlimited request) to contact Money tech support via email or chat, but then down below it says there's a charge of $35. Any idea? Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Money06to08_b...

CRM Upgrade 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, We are upgrading our Microsoft CRM system from 3.0 to 4.0. The upgrade wizard stalls on the final step, the part where it upgrades the Workflows. We let it run all day and overnight, it never finished. We have 200,000 Opportunities that are following a 12 step Workflow in our v3.0 The upgrade is attempting to upgrade all 200,000 workflow processes, it never finished. We have used scripts we found to purge old Workflowprocesses from the database tables, but we still have an active 200,000 workflows that we need upgraded. We can access the v4.0 site once we kill the upgrade wizard, b...