Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 Schema fails

I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000
sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000
native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host
exchange 2007.

have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error:

Entry DN:
CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com
Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform

The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same
link identifier already exists."

An error has occurred in the program

The change in question is in PostExchange2000_schema39.ldf

I found the linikid and did a search through AD and found that that linkid
is being used by camDBSignonRef.

I have searched newsgroups and MS support and cannot find any way to get
past this.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get past this error?

many thanks in advance for any assistance
Mike
0
Baugh (2)

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:00:02 -0800, Mike Baugh <Mike
Baugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000
>sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000
>native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host
>exchange 2007.
>
>have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error:
>
>Entry DN:
>CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com
>Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform
>
>The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same
>link identifier already exists."
>
>An error has occurred in the program
>
>The change in question is in PostExchange2000_schema39.ldf
>
>I found the linikid and did a search through AD and found that that linkid
>is being used by camDBSignonRef.
>
>I have searched newsgroups and MS support and cannot find any way to get
>past this.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas how to get past this error?
>
>many thanks in advance for any assistance
>Mike

I would call PSS.

0
adavid (8731)
3/3/2007 7:42:24 PM
many thanks for the reply. I though that might be where I end up

"Andy David  {MVP}" wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:00:02 -0800, Mike Baugh <Mike
> Baugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000
> >sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000
> >native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host
> >exchange 2007.
> >
> >have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error:
> >
> >Entry DN:
> >CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com
> >Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform
> >
> >The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same
> >link identifier already exists."
> >
> >An error has occurred in the program
> >
> >The change in question is in PostExchange2000_schema39.ldf
> >
> >I found the linikid and did a search through AD and found that that linkid
> >is being used by camDBSignonRef.
> >
> >I have searched newsgroups and MS support and cannot find any way to get
> >past this.
> >
> >Does anyone have any ideas how to get past this error?
> >
> >many thanks in advance for any assistance
> >Mike
>

> I would call PSS.

0
MikeBaugh (6)
3/3/2007 7:52:03 PM
So I called PSS and after sitting on hold for seventeen hours I got my answer.

There is actually a KB on this for exchange 2003. The same applies to
exchange 2007.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917682/en-us

You have to modify the settings in two place on the installation media.

...\setup\serverroles\common\setup\data\postexchange2000_schema39.ldf

and

...\setup\data\postexchange2000_schema39.ldf

Then I ran into another issue reading the decurity descriptor for the
deleted objects due to permissions. This is becuase this one phase cannot be
done through RDP It has to be done from the console.

I am now up and running.

"Mike Baugh" wrote:

> many thanks for the reply. I though that might be where I end up
>
> "Andy David  {MVP}" wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:00:02 -0800, Mike Baugh <Mike
> > Baugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000
> > >sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000
> > >native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host
> > >exchange 2007.
> > >
> > >have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error:
> > >
> > >Entry DN:
> > >CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com
> > >Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform
> > >
> > >The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same
> > >link identifier already exists."
> > >
> > >An error has occurred in the program
> > >
> > >The change in question is in PostExchange2000_schema39.ldf
> > >
> > >I found the linikid and did a search through AD and found that that linkid
> > >is being used by camDBSignonRef.
> > >
> > >I have searched newsgroups and MS support and cannot find any way to get
> > >past this.
> > >
> > >Does anyone have any ideas how to get past this error?
> > >
> > >many thanks in advance for any assistance
> > >Mike
> >

> > I would call PSS.

0
MikeBaugh (6)

RSG in EXchagne 2007
IS the recovery storage group that was in EX 2003 in Ex 2007? If so how do i enable it? I cant see were to do this. Thanks "Recovering Mailboxes and Individual Items Exchange 2007 provides additional flexibility with regard to how you can recover mailboxes. This flexibility is made possible using features such as the recovery storage group. You can also help protect mailbox data on the client side with the Cached Exchange Mode feature of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". It's a function of the Disaster Recovery Tools, located under the Toolbox. Run the Database Recovery...

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322
We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed). Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: In...

Meeting Updates after applying Exchange Time Zone Tool
How do appointment updates work when applying the client os dst and the exchange timezone tool? I have read the meeting updates are sent after the exchange tool runs. Does Outlook sends meeting updates to the other recipients even if both host/attendee are in the same Exchange site and both clients have been updated with the dst update? In this scenario, it seems like there isn't anything that needs to be updated. On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:41:05 -0800, Davidi <Davidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do appointment updates work when applying the client os dst and the...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Exchange pop3 does not respond
Windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Macafee Groupshield We when shutdown the server and bring it back up the pop3 will not accept connections from clients and does not generate a Error. When you check the services the pop3 is running, but when you go to stop restart just the pop3 service it will fail to start and just show starting in the status. We must then reboot the server again, wait for all the services to start up then stop IIS and its dependency (which include pop3) restart those dependencies then restart pop3 and it works. However, today we did manage to get a error. Event ...

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

Exchange 5.5 event id 2042
Unable to get the AppleTalk network address of the Microsoft Exchange Server computer Is somebody know this error message? event id: 2042 on exchange 5.5 Thanks! Julie ...

Word 2007 type Features
Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007. I would like to: - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the sides - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another color - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text Much appreciation for guidance Hi Maurice, In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at leas...

Convert Access 2.0 to Access 2000
I need to convert an Access 2.0 database running in Windows 3.95 on one computer to Access 2000 in Windows 98 on another computer on our network. I don't even know where to start. Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That is an option for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. > Would there be any benefit to doing an intermediate > conversion from 2.0 to 97 and then from 97 to 2000? That Yes, some things will break in converting from 2.0 to 97, and you can fix them before converting from 97 to...

Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007
I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had Office 2007 pre-installed. Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the top. I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007. I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files subdirectory. Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office" subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft ...

Can I open the source record stored in a Multiple value Combo box field, Access 2007
Hi there! I pose another question in the hope of finding someone who can advise me on a possible solution!!?? I have developed an Access database for logging and monitoring IT Support Issues and would like to be able to perform the following task on an Access 2007 form: 1). I have created a form where the users and IT team can enter all the information that relates to an individual IT issue. On this form there is a tab title 'Related Cases' this is a number field in the table 'Cases' and is set to Long Integer with the display control selected as 'Combo Box' this fi...

moving Exchange to another drive
I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: drive. How can I go about doing this? Thank you. If you mean the executables you'll probably want to do a reinstall. If you mean databases and log files you can just change the path within Exchange System Manager. For example, properties of the Storage group will let you change the log file path. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915/en-us Nue "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eDZo3tgYGHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I'd like to move Exchange 2003 from the C: drive to the D: d...

Upgrading the CPU?

8.0 Upgrade

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

Cannot access some sort of mail items in exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I just migrated my 140 MBX to a new ex2k3/w2k3 server and everything worked fine except, that in some mailboxes, some items are not accessible. Problem A: User A and B cannot access PGP encrypted messages, that they sent to other people. Problem B: User C and D cannot access mails which they have replied to or they have forwarded. For Problem B I moved the mailboxes back to my "old" exchange running ex2k/w2k and everything worked again. In both cases it is possible to see the first charakters of the mail using the auto-preview. When I try to view the items in the pr...

Clean re-install of XP
I downloaded the file WindowsXP-KB976325-x86-ENU.exe, but it fails also, with the error; KB976325 Setup canceled Suggestions on how to resolve? Thank you, Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. "Terry R." <F1Com@NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message news:%237XjRyxkKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the file WindowsXP-KB976325-x86-ENU.exe, > but it fails also, with the error; > > KB976325 Setup canceled There will be more explicit diagnostics ...

Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP
After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a file to a recipient from within Word. When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get the error "To use this feature you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook". I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In that configuration, the software worked fine. But when I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was br...

Netscape browser; Outlook/Exchange email
Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather than Netscape Mail, or b) Netscape mail uses the exchange server? Thanks Dave dgmoore@erols.com <dgmoore@erols.com> wrote: > Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default > browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in > response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather > than Netscape Mail, or b)...

Urgent. configuration Exchange 2003
Good morning, I need to configure Exchange 2003 so that certain users can only receive and to send internal emails. Can they tell me exactly where I should configure it? Thank you Can you throw a hand? "Miguel A." <ma.camaleonNOSPAM@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:%23UXBupN0GHA.4408@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Good morning, > > I need to configure Exchange 2003 so that certain users can only receive > and to send internal emails. Can they tell me exactly where I should > configure it? > > Thank you > ...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Exchange Active Sync
Recently migrated a test user from exchange 2003 to our newly implemented exchange 2010. Everything works except Active Synch. I can no longer connect to server, which is still an exchange 2003 Bridgehead server. How can I get the Bridgehead to know to connect to exchange 2010 active synch. This worked before between sites with exchange 2003 and the bridgehead. Thanks, CK72264 Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF GridView Sample To Insert, Update, and Delete Records http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc9a5bf6-f5bb-4443-a92a-c9a46fd3aeb2/wp...