Updating the link state table

Is there a button in Exchange System Manager anywhere (or a utility) to get
Exchange to review the link state table (eg is a connection to another
server up down) and recalculate best paths etc?

I'm interested particularly because I find the "deny public folder referral"
checkbox on a connector takes hours to be honoured and, without restarting
the server, I'd like to be able to 'prod' Exchange to notice the change.

Thanks

0
dont2094 (13)

No time to test it for PF referral, but you can try this:

Just restart the related SMTP virtual servers.  You need to right click
"Stop" and then right click "Start".

Each time I update the address space of a SMTP connector, I do that to make
it effective.

--

S.Y.P. Lai
MCSE+Internet NT4

"Dave Williams" <dont@mail.me>
> Is there a button in Exchange System Manager anywhere (or a utility) to
get
> Exchange to review the link state table (eg is a connection to another
> server up down) and recalculate best paths etc?
>
> I'm interested particularly because I find the "deny public folder
referral"
> checkbox on a connector takes hours to be honoured and, without restarting
> the server, I'd like to be able to 'prod' Exchange to notice the change.
>
> Thanks

0
syplai (115)

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

Problem with Script Updating

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Update question

How update entity in post update?

Linking Workbooks and minimising file sizes
Spec: presently have a "user" workbook of about 70 worksheets. this will be sent to managers. Am trying to make a Rough Work worksheet which will contain all raw data needed for calculations in the "user" workbook. I dont want the managers to see/receive the "Rough Work" file. E.G. Monthly figs in rough work sheet are used to calculated "% of work acheived this year" in the user workbook. Problem: 1) how do i link the data AND keep file size down?? 2) how can i split up the "user" workbook into manageable chunks which can, for example...

Excel 2003 -- Problem selecting link range within an autoshape.
In a multitab worksheet, we have a rectangluar autoshape on each sheet. The rectangluar shapes are not moved or resized with cells. The shapes are set to no fill. On any sheet, if you want to select a range within the rectangle on that sheet, there is no problem. But if you want to link from one sheet to another -- i.e type = for a cell's contents and then go to another sheet to select a cell or cells -- you are not permitted to select a cell within that other sheet's autoshape. One may select a range that overlaps the autoshape, however. One can also manually enter the range,...

SQL Server Back End: Work Tables DAO or SQL Server?
Let's say we have an MS Access form with a half-dozen subforms. Parent record gets displayed on part of the form and various lists of child records are on the six subforms. Now, for the sake of argument; let's say there's a good reason for the parent and subform's not being hooked directly into the back-end tables and therefore, they will be based on work tables. The question: is it more efficient to make whose work tables #Temp tables in in an SQL Server DB or make them DAO tables in a JET work DB in, say, C:\Temp? My current rationalization favors JET tables in C:/Temp. ...

Pasting chart worksheet as link 2007
A chart created in 2007 and sitting in it's own sheet (not included on the data worksheet) will not display entirely if pasted as link (neither into Word nor PPT) Some of the chart seems to be "cut off" in the linked object. This seems to be connected to how much of the "canvas" is visible in Excel. Viewing the chart in Excel on a zoom so that it fills the whole screen seems to remedy this. Is there some setting in Excel that would allow us to set the worksheet chart to automatically size to window? Or else: does anyone know a way of pasting a worksheet chart as ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Linking worksheets
I have a customer list on one worksheet and a vehicle list on another worksheet. On both worksheets I have a customer number that is common between both - I need to combine these worksheets matching the information based on the customer number - help please. Have you tried pasting as a link? Copy cell (s), right click where you want them to go, Paste Special->Paste as link "Iannelli" wrote: > I have a customer list on one worksheet and a vehicle list on another > worksheet. On both worksheets I have a customer number that is common > between both ...

Searching database for name of table or parts thereof?
Hi there, I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can be difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables for a table name or parts thereof. How can I do that? I looked for it, but could not come up with an approach. Thank you for your help. On Mar 3, 4:14=A0pm, FSPH <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have about 50 tables in my Access database. As you can imagine, it can b= e > difficult to find specific tables. I would like to search all the tables f= or > a table name or parts thereof. http://databases.aspfa...

Multiple Pivot Tables?
Am I able to have two different pivot tables in the same worksheet? What I am doing is I made a timesheet and we have one pivot table that counts up the Service Type and sums the Time. I now want a separate pivot table that will give me the Job Number and the total time associated with that particular job. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! ...

Payroll Update