Updating Global Address List

Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone
number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow
some secretary access to do the updates.  I do not know of any secure way to
allow someone to do these updates.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job.
0
Maive72 (18)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:19:02 -0800, "Maive72"
<Maive72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Our global address book needs to have many users updated due to phone
>number/address changes etc. and my help desk person is bugging me to allow
>some secretary access to do the updates.  I do not know of any secure way to
>allow someone to do these updates.  Can anyone point me in the right
>direction or am I right to tell the lazy brat it's his job.

Actually GALMOD still works on certain fields if you want to have the
users enter their own details as a one off.
Alternatively you can delegate AD permissions for the secretary. It
will obviously be a bit fiddly going through the fields she can and
can't edit but it's achievable through ADU&C. And yes, correctly
configured it's perfectly safe to give her access to ADU&C because her
permissions won't allow her access to anything sensitive like yor DCs
etc.

0
mark7219 (5667)

Update for MS Money 2005?

Loggin IP address of MAPI clients
Hi, Does anybody know a way to log the IP address of the MAPI connections in Ex2003Sp2? I would like to log it as I do with the SMTP/IMAP connections in order to know the sender’s IP address. Some people can say that there’s not point about knowing this as all MAPI connections are authenticated and you can know “who” sent a message, but it’s equally important to know “where from” a message was sent when you do forensic research. Best Regards -- ~~~~ Javier Crespo Martinez Information Technology Service University of Cantabria, Spain On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:22:29 -0800, "Jav...

SBS2008
No matter what I do with my router, and I have tried 2 different ones, when I run the Setup your internet address wizard, enter my domain and se it to use mail.domain.com, i get a warning that the server cannot open ports 25, 80, 443, and 987. I am NOT actually running this wizard form the IP that is configured on the Domain's MX record. Is this why? When I bring the Server to the site where it will be implemented and run the wizard, will it complete when the MX points back to the IP that is correct for the Domain? Please advise. Also ... I am used to running localhost/e...

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

Canadian Financial Institution List
I have the Canadian version of Money 2004, but the list of financial institutions that shows up when setting up accounts is for US banks. I had this problem with Quicken, and it was solved by importing a Canadian list of finanical institutions. Is there such a file for Money? If so, where do I find it and how do I import it? Thanks! ...

Changing the ip address on a domain controller runing exchange 2003
Hi, I have 3 DC in my organization and two of them are running Exchange 2003 back-end servers and the third one is Exchange 2003 front-end server. I want to change our company's ip address plan and acording to the article: http://searchwinsystems.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid68_gci924473,00.html Is there anything in exchange configuration that i have to change except the smart host for the SMTP connector. Thanks in advance Hi, You will need to change your firewall to forward SMTP and OWA to the new IP but apart from that it should just work. Leif <Blade77@gmail.com> wrote in ...

OWA Find Address Feature Shows Everybody
I am running Exchange 2000 and have several companies separated into their own OUs and Security groups so that each company cannot see one another (especially in Outlook). However, when the users use the To: button and then use the 'Find' feature, the query window displays users from the entire global address list. They cannot see any of these contacts from outlook on the lan because of security settings that were setup according to the ASP Deployment Guide for Exchange 2000 Server Does anyone know how to resolve this? Check the section "Restrict Outlook Web Access Lookups"...

How do I match values from cells to a list of info
Which function would I use to link data entered in to cells to the corresponding value in the chart. A B C D 1 1 1.5 2 2 .5 2 7 12 3 1 3 8 13 4 1.5 4 9 14 5 2 5 10 15 6 2.5 6 11 16 According to the chart 2x1.5=10. If one cell has the value of 2 another cell has the value of 1.5, is there a function to connect the info? Sorry if the question makes no sense, I am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One way... A10 = vertical lookup ...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Global settings size limitation on Exchange Server 2003
I set send and received mails as 1MB max. from global settings on Exchnage 2003 server. Then some users need more over 1MB sized mail. I set user settings of this users to 5MB. But they cannot send or receive any mail over 1MB from outside of organisation. I searched and found that user settings cannot override global settings for internet mails. How can I increase limitations for special users. By the way, I try to ommit 1MB limit for all as temporarily. I changed global settings as "no limit" but still I cannot send or receive any mail over 1MB. How can I solve these problem...

Payroll Update

label from list
I am creating labels from record selected from a multselect list box. i am selecting multiple items from the box and printing label for the selection(s). I want to have just one label per page, does anyone have any ideas?, i have tried moving the control labels from the detail section to the page header section on the report design view, this gives me only one label and one page, even if i select for multiple labels. can anyone help? -- need help ...

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

Secondary Email Addresses
I have created new email addresses for a client. I used the New Field Format type of Email. Now how do I have access to that address to send an email from CRM?? I have clicked on the "Send Email" from the toolbar and I have no option to select an other than the default address? Any thoughts? Larry Hi Larry, I have the same problem occuring for one of my client (a bank): they have a professional (bank) email and a personal email, both of them available on the Contact form (because they are users & contacts in CRM). If they want to send a personal email to a contact, t...