Update global address book not working!

Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last
two days aren't appearing in the global address book in
people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users
Address book.

Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is
visable in the global address book.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

If you're running Outlook 2003 cached mode you're working off the offline
address book, so start looking there.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"John D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I've noticed that users I've setup over the last
> two days aren't appearing in the global address book in
> people's outlook but you can see them in the All Users
> Address book.
>
> Can someone inform me how to update this so the user is
> visable in the global address book.
>
> Thanks

0
curspice6401 (3487)

emailing multiple addresses
Hello, my name is Ron using Excel XP and outlook express. I have a columb containig e-mail address (hyperlinks). who can I mail more than one address at a time? each click on an address opens a new message, I'd like to add a few to the message's "To" field (I know I can copy paste... ) I need to send the same message to more than one person thanks- Ron If someone tells you how to do this, using Excel alone, I'll be happy for you . . . and will kick myself. I just bought a program called e-Campaign that does exactly what you want to do. It's available here http:/...

adding multiple addresses to safe list at once
Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and add them to the safe senders list at the same time? Josh Michel <jamichel@iastate.edu> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and > add them to the safe senders list at the same time? I don't believe Outlook has that ability. -- Brian Tillman ...

Windows Update Failures
Running Windows XP Pro, SP3 and Office 2007 Ultimate. I have five updates that will not install. I am getting three different error codes. I have searched the web and this message board for a solution to no avail. I have tried installing each one individually, in groups (e.g. Office 2007 group and Windows XP group), as well as trying to install all five together. Regardless, I always get the same error codes on each of these. Below are the updates and the error codes received for each one. Appreciate any help to get over this issue. Windows XP - Microsoft .NET Framewo...

FS: CHEAP Books
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

Updating Dynamic Pivot Tables
We created a dynamic pivot table and that works. However, when we modify the underlying query in CRM to include or exclude certain records (i.e. different date range or status reasons), the pivot table data in Excel does not reflect the changed query. Is this not supported, or are we missing a trick here? Grateful for any insight.... Yes, the pivot table can display new data from CRM. You can select Refresh data or set the refresh interval to the appropriate interval you need. I'm using Excel 2007 and it defaults to 60 minute intervals. You can set it to the interval you like. &...

A single item in global purchase orders
Good day The global purchase orders all items must be of the same article, and so printed. However I need to print a single line item, with all lines accumulated. I already made changes in the report and format, but I've failed. Someone of you has done this ever?. .. Thank you for your time and support -- Frank, Have you tried checking the 'Combine Similar Items' box on the Purchase Order Print Options screen? Kind regards, Leslie "Frank_Icon" wrote: > Good day > The global purchase orders all items must be of the same article...

Failed windows update
Automatic windows update failed to install the above two updates. Error code 646 came up. I downloaded the two updates from Microsoft website and tried manual install and the result is same with error code 646 and the message 'this package failed to install'. I have vista business and MS Office 2007. The above two updates are related to MS Office 2007 (Infopath 2007 and Outlook 2007) I hope some one can come up with a solution or probably already has one?!! I ended up going round and round on the web and also on microsoft website. Thanks in advance. I'm stuck wi...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

Data entry work using msoffice
Is anybody have an idea to get some data entry work in Ms office using word or excel, Ms access etc which can work from home. Please it would be very helpful if you can give a good and reliable website for this With thanks Polachan ...

How do I get Outlook 2003 to work with Windows 7?
I have a new computer with Windows 7 pre-installed. Can't get Office 2003 Small Business but specifically Outlook 2003, to work. When I try to open I get the following error message : Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and receive mail could not be found. To add a data file, such as a personal folder file, douible click the mail icon in windows control panel. I've tried to do taht withour any success at all so any suggestions very welcome!!! Many thanks -- Vosk Was there a preinstalled Trial of Off...

Data validation does not seem to work with copy/paste
I have set up some data validation for each cell within a range. When manually enter invalid data in one of those cells, the data validatio works and an error message pops up. When I copy from one cell wit data to another cell, where the data validation results in false, i allows me to paste the value with no error message. Is there any wa to fix this -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46802 ...

Upgrade Outlook XP to 2003
Hi After an upgrade MS-Office XP to 2003 Outlook in off-line mode doesn't work correctly. If I press F9 the dialog says conecting, replicating ...... OK. Everything looks good, but I dont't recieve any new mail from exchange (5.5) and nothing is send out :-( On-line or a cached mode works OK, but the outlooks are on ISDN line, so I need a off-line mode. Does anybody have any working idea :-) Martin Kucera ...

How do I automatically send daily email of updated Excel workbook.
I am trying to have reports in Excel (that are udpated daily) sent automatically in email. I want them to just be sent "behind the scenes" without me having to create a new email, attach the file, and send daily. I want to have this process happen automatically. They are excel reports and I use Lotus Notes, and am looking for any help that could show me how to link these two, or send email through Excel to a specified distribution list, on specified dates. Hi > use Lotus Notes Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm And see Chip Pearsons site about OnTime http://www...

Deleted Permission Admin account (Address Book Views).
Can anyone tell me how to recover or add a new Permissions Admin account to the "Address Book Views"? The user account holding these rights was deleted by one of my predisessors. Exchange only reports an ".\Unknown Account" with Admin Role in the Permissions tab of the "Address Book Properties"-page. I'm using Exchange 5.5 SP5 on a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows NT4.0 domain. Thank you. The site services account should be able to do it. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Rola...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Why code for find() is not working
Hello Anyone: Best wishes. I have an excel report sheet that contains 3 sets of dat in tabular form. For each set, I will find maximum value and wil highlight the cell. This maximum value is in columns b,d,f,h and j. am selecting each set of data as sepatre range and finding an highlighting my cell. ----------code range1.select with selection se fndcell=cells.find(what:=val,after:=activecell,lookin:=xlvalues,lookat:=xlpart(orxlwhole),searchorder:=xlbycolumns,searchdirection:=xlnext,matchcase:=true). end with problem: I have a max value in both 1st and 2nd set.(say 500). In my 2nd loop thoug...

How to resolve error "Please check the batch number and address ID
I am getting the following error in Integration Manager when attempting to import Payables transaction: "Please check the Batch Number and Address ID" Nothing appears to be wrong with batch number or address IDs. Has anyone ever seen this error before and/or have any idea how to resolve it? Thanks FYI - I followed the exact template of sample Payables Integration so I am quite confident nothing is wrong with my integration or source data. Furthermore, I have been able to do Receivables integrations on the same machine without any errors. Hello, Please check the following: ...

Personal Adress Book Database
Hello, I am trying trying to download the Personal Adress Book database template and get error : Microsoft Office Access can't find the databese file 'C:\.....Make sure you entered the correct path and file name. Can anyone help me get around this? Thankn you for your time! ...

Segregating separate email addresses
I just "upgraded" from Express to Outlook 2002. I use two different email addresses and don't know how to separate emails I receive. It was a snap in Express. Also, is there a way to send an email without receiving? Learn about rules.... under tools LT "Barbara" <bmoss9547@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:029301c36b49$36a20bc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I just "upgraded" from Express to Outlook 2002. I use > two different email addresses and don't know how to > separate emails I receive. It was a snap in Express. > > Also, is there...

Non-Automatic Link Updating in Excel 2003
I wrote a large system of about 30 Excel workbooks that are all linked together in various ways. I've been using this sytem for several years under Excel 2000. I just got Excel 3000 (XP), and to my disbelief, every time I open a workbook, I have to digress and answer questions about the link updating. If I go into Edit->Links I see the usual (with some new features) links window. I checked the box that says to do the updating automatically. I selected the option that says to always update the links and DO NOT present me with a popup message asking me if I want to. These two ite...

GAL e-mail addresses export to POP3 accounts
We have an Exchange 2003 in a Win 2003 domain. Our clients have POP3 accounts and there are a few of us who have exchange clients. We want to export the GAL to a file or any other format that can be used to be imported from the Outlook POP3 clients so they'll have the latest e-mail addresses of our company. After reading some posts on how to do that I first went to export it from ESM----> Default Global Address List and export. Right? Not really!!! In preview seems allright but when I export the damn thing it just doesn't work.The filter: (& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCate...

12.2.0 Update #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Sorry to ask this -- I know you've answered many similar -- but I haven't found the solution so far... I have clean install of 10.6 I installed Office2008 demo (until my IT guy was available) The first Office demo (file name started with X15...) failed to update (the updates killed the app) The second demo I installed (a few days later - demo file started with X16..) worked and updated perfectly... Then my IT guy (Windows admin) gave me the original office2008 installer... I uninstalled the demo (and all pr...

displaying mail from different e-mail address
Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I can't figure out which mail is comming from my various POP 3 Accounts... Please advise. -THANKS! Use Field Chooser to add the Email Account field to the view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pable" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115ed01c441ae$7fe203d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from > various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I > can't figure out which mail ...

OWA: contacts at public folder to be one of the addresses for OWA email
Hi...we are using Exchange 2003 OWA, since there are a company's contact available at public folder, so we would like to have the OWA user be able to pick the contact there, however the OWA only has the options to pick from the GAL(global address list or personal contacts). How to enable the contacts at public folder to be one of the address options for OWA client? Thanks, Fshguo. You could write code. What you want is not yet in the feature set of OWA. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "fshguo" <fshguo@hotmail.c...

How to do bulk updates.
I have imported data into various entities and now want to do tidy up the data by setting default values for picklists etc. I know I should have done this on the import but what is the easiest way to do this on existing records. Will a Work Flow cover this? If so what kind of Work Flow do I need to setup. Thanks for your help. To do Bulk Updates, select the records you want to edit and then select Edit from the More Actions menu. This will present you with a blank form. Changes you make to this form will be applied to all the records selected. -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCS...