Unkown Recipient

I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users
was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of
reply:

The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the
original message is: ...

I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem
to be missing something. The user exists and the account
is active.

I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bruce Browning

Bruce Browning wrote:

> I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users
> was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of
> reply:
>
> The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the
> original message is: ...

Can we see full unedited NDR?

> I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem
> to be missing something. The user exists and the account
> is active.
>
> I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Bruce Browning

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

BPA Tool Warning
I ran the BPA tool a few days ago and received a warning about the recipient update service not being able to connect to a domain controller. The designated one in the RU policy properties died a few weeks ago and has since been decomissioned. I need to know how to change it to a new one, but when I try to 'browse,' I get an error 80004005...'operation failed.' I assume it's because it can't find the DC. Any suggestions on a workaround? Thanks, Matthew Have you tried creating a new RUS and deleting the old one? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting ...

Import custom recipients #2
Ladies and Gentlemen I have exported my custom recipients using the Directory export function in Exchange 5.5. We are now trying to import them to a seperate exchange 2003 server, without much luck. Does anybody have any ideas on this. (I can't use the migration tool as it is in a different organisation.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sushi "Sushi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Ladies and Gentlemen >I have exported my custom recipients using the Directory >export function in Exchange 5.5. We are now trying to >import them to a s...

Default legacyExchangeDN admingroup for new recipients
We have two administrative groups in our pure Exchange 2003 environment; one of them is only for testing (R&D). I'm noticing that all new mail-enabled users or distribution lists have a legacyExchangeDN pointing to the administrative group that just holds our test servers (no user mailboxes). At the moment when a mail-enabled user or distribution list is created, what assigns the legacyExchangeDN? In particular, how is the administrative group chosen? While it hasn't yet caused any negative side effects, I want the option to be able to easily remove the test administrativ...

I do not have permission to send to some recipients
I get some messages sent back to me with the message that i do not have permission to send to to that particular person yet other people in the same office can send the same message to the same person ok ! Do you use a signature card in your email that is a .jpg or some other picture? Often times .jpg, .gif, etc. are blocked by email servers. We find this to be a problem when our users send messages to certain companies, businesses, etc that block our standard email signature card since it is in the form of .jpg. Hope this information helps. Stephen "phil_m" wrote: > I ...

Unkown Error
I'm using Office XP and although Outlook connects OK it sometimes comes up with an error message 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC097) Unknown Error' Not very helpful so I was wondering if anyone knew what causes this or where I can lookup the erro message number. Regards, Jerry ...

Custom recipients to deliver mail from 5.5 Org to 2003 Org
Hi I need some help setting up co-existence between and Exchange 5.5 Org and an Exchange 2003 Org. The two Organisations are connected via X400 (with the address space for the 2003 Org domain) and this is working fine, with message flow in both directions. There is no replication or provisioning taking place between the two Orgs as this is not required. All mail to other Exchange sites or internet domains is being routed through the 5.5 gateway at another site. What we are trying to do is to deliver mail to both the 5.5 mailboxes and for this mail to then also be delivered to the 20...

NDR 5.5.0 and Invalid recipient 5.1.1
I need some help please. I have a cluster server 2003 exchange 2003 and an exchange 2003 server. If i move a user from the cluster to the standalone. I can send messages to the people on the cluster, but when people from the cluster try to send to accounts in the standalone I get the Invalid recipient. The standalone is within the exchange environment. The users show up in the GAL and state they are on the servers the mailbox resides. Please help. R What does message tracking show is happening with the message? Are these servers in different Admin groups? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

send the same message to multiple recipients
I need to accomplish the assignment below every month, with a different list eachtime, what is the right way to do it? I DO KNOW the basics, but I'm having trouble with the finer points re: the best way to use email addresses that are not initially in Outlook, and the best way to use TO: and BCC: and distribution lists effectively to make the email look correct at the recipient's end. I'm starting with a .TXT file in Windows but it's external from Outlook. The file contains names and email addresses, approx 25 to 50 names. Here is a sample of the .TXT file (my real f...

Recipient Policy Priorities...
Hi, I have a recepient policy applied for generating email addresses @company.com. this policy is applied for our new york OU under our company domain. Now, i have created a 2nd recipient policy under the new york OU, called it assetmgmt. i want users generated in this OU to automatically be assigned NA.company.com email domain. the policy specifically mentions any member that's part of that OU. thsi is the filter i'm using: (&(&(&(objectCategory=*)(memberOf=CN=security_group_name,OU=OU_with_new_doma in_users,OU=OU_with_allother_domain_users,DC=domain,DC=com)))) curr...

Apply a Recipient Update Policy to mail enabled groups
Hi, I would like to use a RUP to change the mail address of certain mail enabled groups. So far I've been unsuccesful. Any hints or tips are welcome since information on this subject is hard to find. I'm using Exchange 2000. Thx! Check out http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/POP3SvcE2k3/1c031413-4110-4f76-8e3d-e1a42665d90d.mspx?mfr=true. This article relates to POP3 users, but it should point you in the right direction. Jeff Guillet, MCSE "workinghard@news.postalias" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to use a RUP to change the mai...

Global recipient limit and distribution lists with a lot of member
Hi all, I have to set the global recipient limit to 100 in our Exchange 2003 organization. We have some distribution lists which have more than 100 members, but everybody does not have the permission to send messages to these lists. I set the recipient limit to 5000 at user-level at those users who have permission to send messages. Will it work? Will they be able to send messages to DLs which have 2000 members in spite of the global setting? Will it work with query-based distribution lists as well? Thank you very much, bolo Should work, the user setting should override the global se...

552 5.5.3 Too many recipients
The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. <HRCEMAIL.hddf.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients> i checked to see the recipents defaults and they are setup to be 5000 under exchange mgr. what else do i need to check ? -- david where did you check? "davidn" <davidn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E3DDE25-88DD-4D89-9B63-6A6A3366DE5C@microsoft.com... > The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in...

Want to see the true recipient address
Hi Have just upgraded to Exchange 2003. We need to see the address that e-mails were sent to in our Outlook inbox. For example if an email is sent to shopping@<mycompany>.com it appears in the Inbox as being to admin4@<my company>.com because the alias is admin4. Any ideas as to how this can be achieved? On our old SBS version of exchange this was never an issue and we could always see the true e-mail address. Help please! Open the message and click on View | Options and in the Internet header you should find the real address. Pierrot smileyguy wrote: > Hi > > Hav...

Sending mail through pop-up menu to certain recipient
Hello, I send enormous amount of e-mails to just one recipient. In each e-mail is attachment. One in every mail. Do not ask me why. It has to be done in this way. Is it possible to automate a little that process? Something like: click right mouse button, choose 'Send to' and pick 'mail to <my address>'. Outlook window appears and I just need to click 'Send'. Or maybe this can be done even faster? Ideal situation would be if I were able to mark all files, which I want to send, right clicked them, chose mail recipient and the rest (dividing attachments in...

x500 recipient policy?
Is there some guide to setting up x500 addresses? I'm migrating to an exchange 2003 server. I've done a migration from an exchange 2003 server and both had the same issue using the migration wizard. It expects the user to have an x500 address - I found this in the event viewer. It won't migrate without the x500 address. When I create the x500 user address using custom and copying the address that shows up in the event viewer it works fine. However I have to do this for each user. I tried creating an x500 rule in the recipient policies under the exchange manager but I can'...

max # of recipients
When I send an e-mail to a "group", everyone doesn't receive it.. Is there a maximum # of recipients when sending e-mail from outlook 2002? Thanks for the answer. Harold I believe the field can hold 32KBytes. I don't think Outlook is the problem since most ISPs will limit how many recipients per message. (they do this to limit spam/uce) "Harold" <rennebergiii@msn.com> wrote in message news:1554e01c446ae$811000e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I send an e-mail to a "group", everyone doesn't > receive it.. Is there a maximum # of recipi...

Recipient Policy #3
We have one user internally I would like to set up so when she emails someone it comes from a different domain. Example: I email you and it comes from user@xyz.com and if she emailed you it would look like user@abc.com. Is that possible to do it for just one user. I'm running win200 with exch2000. Are you running the abc.com domain? If so, you could give her the user@abc.com address as an smtp address and make it her default. "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FBB53EC-5919-4EA8-88E6-FCAE6A993746@microsoft.com... > We have o...

Email Unkown
Using Outlook 2003, my laptop sent 3 emails yesterday with a file inserted, not attached. I did not send these emails. Some how or other, this file was sent as text in an email and sent out. I show them as sent in the sent folder, but have no earthly idea how this occurred. Does anyone have any suggestions for prior experience with this. Thanks. ...

File-Send To-Mail Recipient (for Review)
Hi, Can someone explain the procedure ... I expect: - sender (me) creates and sends workbook - recipient changes workbook and returns - in the mean time sender changed things in workbook What must sender do to view both own and others changes? Thank you, Frans Hi, go to see that address http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm It will give exemple you can copy to your workbook. "Frans van Zelm" <fhvzelm@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: eT5aZdq6EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can someone explain the procedure ... > > I expect: > ...

How to print my recipient list from the list I created in mail mer
I have been trying to print the recipient list that I created in mail merge in Publisher. I do not want to print my document yet, just the list or recipients. I do not see anything that would allow me to do this. The data is in a folder in "My Documents","My Data Sources." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bahama mama" <bahama mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FC396D-E4F8-455F-A37B-AE5270F0B407@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to print the recipient lis...

blocked Recipients???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5515C.DF472530 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am unable to sent to some recipients.=20 its has been working fine. I ran some spam filter test thru my smtp = server that got correctly rejected and bounced an error message from my = smtp server. Now that recipient seems to have been blackballed by = Outlook 2003 SP1. I put on safe recipient list. Still no good. Message = as follows: -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2007 with Vista 32
I often send pictures or groups of pictures by right clicking them and choosing the send to mail recipient feature. This allows me to use the resize tool to suit the recipient. I am used to the message closing automatically once it has been sent. It has now stopped doing this and just sits there. If I go to the out or sent box I usually find that it has gone. How do I restore the function to close the message automatically once it has been sent to the outbox? Thanks for any tips. something is "broken" - try detect and repair (office diagnostics in office 2007). You should also ...

Send to mail recipient not working
I am unable to attach a photo to e-mail from Windows Explorer in Vista. I use MS Outlook as my default mail. For example, with a photo, I right-click, select "Send to....Email Recipient", select size, slect "Attach", it goes through "attaching" the files but then nothing happens. A mail window does not open. I have set all my defaults to Outlook yet still nothing happens and not quite sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shieler -- shieler ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiele...

When replying to email recipient recieves 2 or more copies of rep
When I reply to an email the recipient will receive 2 copies of the reply email. Using Outlook 2003. -- slim Is your antivirus integrated with Outlook? This is a common symptom. If your antivirus is configured to actively scan outgoing/incoming emails, you will often see this problem. Check your services console to see if there's an email scanning service that you can temporarily disable to see if this changes the undesired behaviour, or simply open Outlook in safe mode (which disables all integration): Windows Vista & 7 Start > Start Search> outlook.exe /saf...

Harddisk has severl unkown folders
XP SP2 I tried to install SP3 recently but failed. Since then my machine always reboot it self every 30 seconds. I booted from CD drive with XP cd went to recovery mode and type FIXBOOT. Now I found out in my second harddisk has several folders with name such as: 0ae4089b57e590b744e373 2a884b442db579e38084a .....etc. I cannot delete these folders. Each of these folders contains dll, exe and inf files, contents of them are exactly the same. Any idea what are these folders? They are update files Run Disk Cleanup Reboot the PC, see if they can then be deleted "M...