Unknown Error - Deleting Junk Message

Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder?  I'm
getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message
will not delete.

Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message
saying "Can't move the items.  The item could be moved.  It was either
already moved or deleted, or access was denied."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom Robbins
tomweho@hotmail.com

0
tomweho (22)

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:44 -0500, "Exchange Groups"
<tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder?  I'm
>getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message
>will not delete.
>
>Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message
>saying "Can't move the items.  The item could be moved.  It was either
>already moved or deleted, or access was denied."
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom Robbins
>tomweho@hotmail.com

Try Shift-delete or try to delete from OWA.
0
adavid (8731)
11/29/2006 2:15:55 PM
That did it.  Thanks.  I'll look up exactly what shift-delete did..

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:44 -0500, "Exchange Groups"
> <tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder?  I'm
>>getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message
>>will not delete.
>>
>>Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message
>>saying "Can't move the items.  The item could be moved.  It was either
>>already moved or deleted, or access was denied."
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tom Robbins
>>tomweho@hotmail.com
>>

> Try Shift-delete or try to delete from OWA.

0
tomweho (22)
11/29/2006 2:18:52 PM
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:18:52 -0500, "Exchange Groups"
<tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That did it.  Thanks.  I'll look up exactly what shift-delete did..

Essentially a hard delete, bypassing the deleted items folder.

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:44 -0500, "Exchange Groups"
>> <tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder?  I'm
>>>getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message
>>>will not delete.
>>>
>>>Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message
>>>saying "Can't move the items.  The item could be moved.  It was either
>>>already moved or deleted, or access was denied."
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Tom Robbins
>>>tomweho@hotmail.com
>>>

>> Try Shift-delete or try to delete from OWA.

0
adavid (8731)

Exchange 5.5 Some Messages Bounce Back to Sender
This is an Exchange 5.5 sp4, Windows NT 4.0 sp6a environment. We have an intermittent problem wherein some message bounce back to senders from random domains. NDRs vary as follows (recipient and domain name changes for security reasons) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mail Delivery System" <Mailer-Daemon@smtpauth09.mail.atl.earthlink.net To: <jhatto@mindspring.com Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:30 AM Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be d...

Authentication Error after installation CRM 3.0
Hello I installed CRM 3.0 but i am getting Authentication Error after installation. Setup looks like One AD, 3 domain contorlers, I installed CRM on the one Domain controler. SQL 2000 SP4 and CRM 3.0 are on the same box. Exchange server is on the other box and working properly. i am member of DomainSP4 and then CRM 3.0 and underinstallation i did not get any error and it looks good but after installation i got error message at first attempt to login CRM via web prowser. 1: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and tha...

Error on TransferText when converting Access 97 to Access Xp
The instruction TransferText is use to create a file from a table. This program works very well (many years) on access 97. Afer the convertion to access xp I have the error : "Cannot update .." I went to Newsgroups and see that for security reason MS oblige me to change my file extension .doc to a file extension .txt. So now, I use a text file and I have always on the TransferText instruction the error : "The insert into statement contains ...unknow field name" What can I do to resolve this convertion problem ? Thank you for advance for your answers. ...

error messge #2
I am unable to use my address book in outlook. I get an error message of cannot find LDAP Directory Server (81). Can anyone help me with this? You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836205&Product=off2003 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google...

Error when we try to create a quick campaign
When we try to create a quick campaign we got immediately an error message: Error: window.opener.document is null or not an object Does anyone know why? ...

'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Macro Message Bar
I have set macros to be automatically disabled with a notification but the message bar doesn't always come up. Does anyone know why this may happen and how I can fix it please? Hi, This is confusing, how are you 'automatically' disabling macros and if they are disabled how are you displaying a message. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "jen2018" wrote: > I have set macros to be automatically disabled with a n...

Unknown Error
I find it incredible that Microsoft will allow crappy software to pervade their software regime. I am helping my son with his exemail email to do the simple task of deleting his "Deleted Items" folder that contains over 3000 items. Some items can be deleted one at a time but after a few successful deletions the "Unknown Error" appears and one must jump to a new item on the list to see if it can be deleted. selecting several items to be deleted at once nearly always results in "Unknown Error". The task of deleting is so time consuming and frustratin...

How Can I Fix a Windows Update Error Due To Untimely Shutdown?
I have a fresh installation of Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I have a problem with my computer suddenly shutting off, like someone just pulled the plug from the wall. I crossed my fingers and downloaded Windows 76 updates, which it completed with no problem. It then started installing them one by one. It got through the first 28 and on the 29th one, the computer shut off. It's labeled as Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB969058) and when I review the update history, everything so far shows up as Successful except that one, which...

Unknown error 0x80040201 #2
Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are correct and mail does get received but while sending the message comes up. Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens while sending... Error msg: Unknown error 0x80040201 Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned > error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are > correct and mail does get received but while sending the message > com...

2 outlook errors to fix
Outlookhtmlmenu: iexplore.exe - application error the memory could not be read 2nd one is instruction@ oxf0016767 could not be read. iexplore.exe cannot start microsoft outlook the .dll file for the inform svc could not be found map1 was unable to load the info.svc. psttprx.dll Help and suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks. ...

Error
Hello, We're on GP version 9.0, and we've recently integrated the vendor master from an existing company into a new company. When we try to save a new vendor we get the error message "A save operation on table PM_Vendor_MSTR (45)" then on the More Info button we get "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error converting data type char to smallint." What is causing this? Could it be something from the integration? Thanks Nick, If you enable a DEXSQL.LOG you should be able to tell what particular column is causing the issue. Best regards, -- ...

error 25004
Error 25004. Config.Xml not specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)'. What program? What are you doing? What operating system? What have you tried to resolve the issue? Tips for Posting: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "gem7875" <gem7875@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B5ADF7-4B02-41C0-A763-7A36FE42E809@microsoft.com... > Error 25004. Config.Xml not > specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when d...

Compile errors in function when converting from 97 to 2000
I am trying to convert an Access 97 mdb file to 2000...I got a compile error and when I run the debugger it stops at this function... It highlights the last section...RankCheck = result ....error states...Function call on lefthand side of assignment must return Variant or Object. Any ideas on what it should be changed to? Public Function RankCheckOrig(current_value As Integer) As Integer Dim previous_value As Integer Dim previous_rank As Integer Dim result As Integer previous_value = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_value] previous_rank = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_rank] If current_v...

Error Archiving email using Outlook XP
I am getting error when I ry to archive my mailbox. We have Exchange 2000 with SP3 and I am using Outlook XP with SP3. Here is what I get "Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Mailbox- <username>". Unknown Error" Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dinesh Scan your archive with scanpst.exe and make sure there is still room in your mailbox. Outlook is not able to use the Archive functionality when your mailbox is over quota. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -...

Access Violation errors #2
GASDoc.h : interface of the CGASDoc class CGASDoc : public CDocument { public: int m_dmaxA; ........ } // A.h : header file #include"GASDoc.h" class CA: public CDialog { public: CGASDoc* pDoc; void someaction(); int m_dmaxA; } // B.h : header file class CB : public CDialog { // Dialog Data //{{AFX_DATA(CB) enum { IDD = IDD_B }; int m_dmaxA; //}}AFX_DATA //A.cpp void CA::someaction() { CB dlg; if(dlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { pDoc->m_dmaxA=m_dmaxA=dlg.m_dmaxA; } } its all right when compiling , but , when runing it has a wrong . Usingthe debug too...

Word 2007 - Font Size Error
I was originally running Office 2003. I upgraded to Office 2007, but maintained a working copy of 2003 on my computer. Immediately after the upgrade, I noticed that documents that had been created in Word 2003 using a 'standard' font and margins would be resized, with the font appearing slightly larger and distorting pagination, etc. No changes were made to the document, other than opened in both Word 2003 and 2007. (Font is supposed to be Garamond 11, but it looks and prints more like Garamond 12.) I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed Office 2007. All upd...

Excel error while trying to import data from an Access database
This is just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem (as I just did)... =-) ::: SYMPTOM ::: In Excel, while trying to create a query into an Access database the following error occurred: MSQRY32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. ::: CAUSE ::: The Access database contains 'unfavorable' characters in the filename (e.g. "MyAccessDatabase v1.0 (15-Mar-05).mdb" -- it doesn't like the "." and is probably better off without the "(") Rename the database to use a 'safe' file n...

Subform producing error...?
Folks I am trying to sum a "simple" expression in a text box on a sub form. It is producing #Error# - any ideas what I am doing wrong, I presume something simple and obvious, but I can't spot it. Expression is: =Sum(IIf([Date Paid]>=[Forms]![01 Anna Start]![2 Months Start],[Amount],0)) [Forms]![01 Anna Start]![2 Months Start] is calculated using this expression on the main form [01 Anna Start], and is producing the right date: =DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-2,1) All responses gratefully received! Russell. -- Message posted via AccessMonster...

SMTP Queue Growth error #2
I have set up notifications to notify my when my SMTP Queue grows consistently for 5 minutes. But I get this notification like 15 times a day! So then I go into my queue, and there is sometimes only one message that is in the queue at most. It is always an NDR for domain mx01.send4fun.com. I have no idea what that domain is. Under "Additional Queue Info" at bottom it says "The connection was dropped by the remote host". I am pretty sure my server is not open relay. Is this domain using me for Reverse NDR spam? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks, ....Jamie This...

Money 2005 Communication Error
I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem. Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail. In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote: >I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't >import my OFX files from ...

Runtime Error 2
I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is below) I have read about this on the web and it seems that the common theme is that code was brought from VC6 to a newer VS. Another theme is the bool variable - at least one other post involved a ...

Pivot Table not valid error message when formatting data 'button'.
Created Pivot table/chart, password-protected and put onto website (ie NOt saved file as Web Page). Click on link, get warning message concerning macros and prompted for password. If attempt to change data button by rightclicking on it and selecting format - get error message 'Pivot Table not valid'. Note, accessing the file directly (ie not via the web) works perfectly Ok. PS Also get visual basic error message ' Run time error 1004 :Unable to set the default property of the Pivotitem class' VB code Sub All_Years() CP = "(All)" pf = "Year First Seen"...

2 issues: error message and calendar view
I recently rebuilt a Windows 2000 system running on a Sony Vaio. Office = 2000 was reinstalled as well. Now when the user closes Outlook he receives the error message = "OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You = will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." The = Dr. Watson message is fairly undecipherable to me. I have reinstalled = Office to no avail. Also in Outlook, the default view for Calendar is not right. = Day/Week/Month is selected as the Current View but only the TaskPad = appears at the right. The small calendar that i...

unknown e-mail recipient
My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost daily basis. "Kelly" <mrsjdh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eb2201c43cf0$092e66b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not > know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent > box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is > returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost > daily ba...