Unexpected value in metabase smtpsvc\1\domain

I deleted all the domain keys and the db2mb key as suggested,
and when I restarted the exchange services and the smtp service,
the metabase was correctly repopulated.

I also got one I was not expecting: stirlingadvisory dot com.

I do not have a recipient policy for stirlingadvisory.

I have an SMTP connector that has stirlingadvisory in the address space.

Should I get rid of all my recipient policies?

Any comments?

Single Exchange 2003 in native mode on Windows Server 2003

(david)

0
david

"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

>I deleted all the domain keys and the db2mb key as suggested,
>and when I restarted the exchange services and the smtp service,
>the metabase was correctly repopulated.
>
>I also got one I was not expecting: stirlingadvisory dot com.
>
>I do not have a recipient policy for stirlingadvisory.
>
>I have an SMTP connector that has stirlingadvisory in the address space.

Is the SMTP Connector allowed to relay messages for that domain? If
so, it has to accept mail for that domain.

OTOH, if yur intention is just to guid mail for that domain to a
particular smart host, clear the "Allow messages to be relayed to
these domains" checkox.

>Should I get rid of all my recipient policies?

That would be pretty dramatic.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

On the other hand, it's been suggested that the connector
is a good idea:

"It allows for more finer control over your messaging
settings (allowed priorities, allowed types, size controls,
scheduled transfer times based on message sizes, delivery
restrictions, etc)."

As far as I know, I don't need the connector for anything:
I have no smart hosts, I'm not relaying to anywhere.

Since I don't seem to need either recipient policy or a
connector, shouldn't I just get rid of one?

(david)

> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>
>>I deleted all the domain keys and the db2mb key as suggested,
>>and when I restarted the exchange services and the smtp service,
>>the metabase was correctly repopulated.
>>
>>I also got one I was not expecting: stirlingadvisory dot com.
>>
>>I do not have a recipient policy for stirlingadvisory.
>>
>>I have an SMTP connector that has stirlingadvisory in the address space.
>
> Is the SMTP Connector allowed to relay messages for that domain? If
> so, it has to accept mail for that domain.
>
> OTOH, if yur intention is just to guid mail for that domain to a
> particular smart host, clear the "Allow messages to be relayed to
> these domains" checkox.
>
>>Should I get rid of all my recipient policies?
>
> That would be pretty dramatic.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
david
6/14/2006 5:26:07 AM
"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

>Well, the point is, the only reason I have any recipient
>policies at all is so that the domain names propagate
>across to the SMTP service.

Then why are you using Exchange? Wouldn't it be a lot less expensive
to use something else to just relay mail?

>On the other hand, it's been suggested that the connector
>is a good idea:

I didn't say the connector was a problem, I only asked if you allowed
relaying for the domains in the address space.

>"It allows for more finer control over your messaging
>settings (allowed priorities, allowed types, size controls,
>scheduled transfer times based on message sizes, delivery
>restrictions, etc)."

All true.

>As far as I know, I don't need the connector for anything:
>I have no smart hosts, I'm not relaying to anywhere.
>
>Since I don't seem to need either recipient policy or a
>connector, shouldn't I just get rid of one?

By now I'm confused about what you *are* doing.

You need at least one Recipient Policy for the domain that people sent
mail to.

If you have just one Exchange server you don't *need* a SMTP
Connector, but I think it's a good idea to use one anyway. But the
address space just needs to be "*".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> You need at least one Recipient Policy for the domain
> that people sent mail to.

Apparently not, and that is how the question arises.

I don't need a recipient policy to add default email
addresses to my 4 users (yes, you read that right!)

And I don't need a recipient policy to configure SMTP:
that is being done by the Connector.

To receive email I need to have either a recipient
policy or a connector: It does not appear that I need
both.

Since the Connector is apparently a good idea, and the
recipient policy is apparently irrelevant, shouldn't
I just get rid of the recipient policy?

Obviously, with only 4 users (and a score of unused
mailboxes), I'm not going to see performance problems
either way: I just don't like to have the data repeated
because it is going to make it more difficult for the
business owner, who likes to play with exchange server
when he feels like it.

(david)

> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>
>>Well, the point is, the only reason I have any recipient
>>policies at all is so that the domain names propagate
>>across to the SMTP service.
>
> Then why are you using Exchange? Wouldn't it be a lot less expensive
> to use something else to just relay mail?
>
>>On the other hand, it's been suggested that the connector
>>is a good idea:
>
> I didn't say the connector was a problem, I only asked if you allowed
> relaying for the domains in the address space.
>
>>"It allows for more finer control over your messaging
>>settings (allowed priorities, allowed types, size controls,
>>scheduled transfer times based on message sizes, delivery
>>restrictions, etc)."
>
> All true.
>
>>As far as I know, I don't need the connector for anything:
>>I have no smart hosts, I'm not relaying to anywhere.
>>
>>Since I don't seem to need either recipient policy or a
>>connector, shouldn't I just get rid of one?
>
> By now I'm confused about what you *are* doing.
>
> You need at least one Recipient Policy for the domain that people sent
> mail to.
>
> If you have just one Exchange server you don't *need* a SMTP
> Connector, but I think it's a good idea to use one anyway. But the
> address space just needs to be "*".
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
david
6/15/2006 1:38:37 AM
"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

>> You need at least one Recipient Policy for the domain
>> that people sent mail to.
>
>Apparently not, and that is how the question arises.
>
>I don't need a recipient policy to add default email
>addresses to my 4 users (yes, you read that right!)

But you DO need a Recipient Policy. It may be the DEFAULT policy, but
you need it.

>And I don't need a recipient policy to configure SMTP:
>that is being done by the Connector.
>
>To receive email I need to have either a recipient
>policy or a connector: It does not appear that I need
>both.

If you have only one domain and that's to be assigned in the same way
to ALL your users, distribution groups, and contacts, then you need a
Default Recipient Policy. You may think you don't, but you do. Really.
The RUS uses that policy to assign e-mail addresses, put the necessary
permissions on mail- and mailbox-enabled objects, and to populate
properties for those objects.

You don't *need* a SMTP Connector but, as I said, I like to use one to
manage the way in which the SMTP Virtual Servers are used.

>Since the Connector is apparently a good idea, and the
>recipient policy is apparently irrelevant, shouldn't
>I just get rid of the recipient policy?

No, because the recipient policy is NOT irrelevant.

>Obviously, with only 4 users (and a score of unused
>mailboxes), I'm not going to see performance problems
>either way:

Perfromance has nothing to do with recipient policies or with the way
I said to use a SMTP Connector.

>I just don't like to have the data repeated
>because it is going to make it more difficult for the
>business owner, who likes to play with exchange server
>when he feels like it.

I still don't understand why you had a specific domain name in the
SMTP Connector's address space. Replace it with "*".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

And that you would prefer to see SMTP configuration
done with recipient policies rather than in a
connector

I think I can do that. I'll change the address space
of the connector to "*", and I'll move all the domains
listed there to a recipient policy.

Thanks
(david)

> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>
>>> You need at least one Recipient Policy for the domain
>>> that people sent mail to.
>>
>>Apparently not, and that is how the question arises.
>>
>>I don't need a recipient policy to add default email
>>addresses to my 4 users (yes, you read that right!)
>
> But you DO need a Recipient Policy. It may be the DEFAULT policy, but
> you need it.
>
>>And I don't need a recipient policy to configure SMTP:
>>that is being done by the Connector.
>>
>>To receive email I need to have either a recipient
>>policy or a connector: It does not appear that I need
>>both.
>
> If you have only one domain and that's to be assigned in the same way
> to ALL your users, distribution groups, and contacts, then you need a
> Default Recipient Policy. You may think you don't, but you do. Really.
> The RUS uses that policy to assign e-mail addresses, put the necessary
> permissions on mail- and mailbox-enabled objects, and to populate
> properties for those objects.
>
> You don't *need* a SMTP Connector but, as I said, I like to use one to
> manage the way in which the SMTP Virtual Servers are used.
>
>>Since the Connector is apparently a good idea, and the
>>recipient policy is apparently irrelevant, shouldn't
>>I just get rid of the recipient policy?
>
> No, because the recipient policy is NOT irrelevant.
>
>>Obviously, with only 4 users (and a score of unused
>>mailboxes), I'm not going to see performance problems
>>either way:
>
> Perfromance has nothing to do with recipient policies or with the way
> I said to use a SMTP Connector.
>
>>I just don't like to have the data repeated
>>because it is going to make it more difficult for the
>>business owner, who likes to play with exchange server
>>when he feels like it.
>
> I still don't understand why you had a specific domain name in the
> SMTP Connector's address space. Replace it with "*".
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
david
6/15/2006 7:57:56 AM

I would have said one recipient policy with one domain. :)

>And that you would prefer to see SMTP configuration
>done with recipient policies rather than in a
>connector

No, what I said was that I prefer using a SMTP Connector even if
there's only one SMTP Virtual Server in the organization.

I also said that the reason you found a domain in the metabase file
was that you had a SMTP connector with the domain in its address space
and that you probably had the "relay for these domains" box checked.

>I think I can do that. I'll change the address space
>of the connector to "*", and I'll move all the domains
>listed there to a recipient policy.

Provided all those domains belong to you, that's a good idea. :)

BTW, don't leave that "relay" box checked on the SMTP Connector!

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>

> I also said that the reason you found a domain in the metabase file
> was that you had a SMTP connector with the domain in its address space
> and that you probably had the "relay for these domains" box checked.
>
>>I think I can do that. I'll change the address space
>>of the connector to "*", and I'll move all the domains
>>listed there to a recipient policy.
>
> Provided all those domains belong to you, that's a good idea. :)
>
> BTW, don't leave that "relay" box checked on the SMTP Connector!
>
> --

Right! I had indeed missed that. The relay box was checked.
But I'm going to have to be careful about that.

I think that the exchange box relays for the web server (which
generates email from 'contact' pages, but also does mail shots
from the admin page of some web sites). I assume that the web
pages just use SMTP.

The exchange box and the web server are both in the same active
directory, all behind a proxy server, (which is publishing the
multiple web domains), so it is probably going to turn out that
the web server thinks it is always in the same domain as the
exchange server.

But I'm not going to be able to turn off relay for those domains
until I work that out.

Thanks for clarifying that.

(david)

0
david
6/16/2006 11:58:36 PM
"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>> BTW, don't leave that "relay" box checked on the SMTP Connector!
>
>Right! I had indeed missed that. The relay box was checked.
>But I'm going to have to be careful about that.
>
>I think that the exchange box relays for the web server (which
>generates email from 'contact' pages, but also does mail shots
>from the admin page of some web sites). I assume that the web
>pages just use SMTP.

Allowing another *server* to relay isn't the same as allowing any
server to use your server as a relay to send mail to a *domain*.

In your case, you allowed anyone to relay to your domain (which is
kinda silly), but really isn't what you want. You want mail for your
domain to be delivered to your mailboxes on your server(s). Therefore
you want a recipient policy, not a SMTP Connector for this.

>The exchange box and the web server are both in the same active
>directory, all behind a proxy server, (which is publishing the
>multiple web domains), so it is probably going to turn out that
>the web server thinks it is always in the same domain as the
>exchange server.

You want to put the IP address of your web server in the "Relay..."
button information on the SMTP Virtual Server's "Access" tab. Then
that IP address can use your Exchange server as a SMTP relay to send
mail to any domain.

>But I'm not going to be able to turn off relay for those domains
>until I work that out.

There's not a lot to work out. You created the necessary Recipient
Policies, the SMTP Connector, and you're going to add the IP address
of the SMTP client (your web server) to the SMTP Virtual Server's
property page. Done.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I see that even with relaying turned off, the IIS metabase
still includes any domains listed in the connection address
space,

but that I cannot receive on any address at all unless the
Generation Rule is enabled in the recipient policy.

This is mildly disappointing: I don't actually want to
automatically generate those mail addresses for any new users,
and I hate to see something so fundamental implemented as an
obscure side affect.

I've created a new policy that doesn't apply to anything,
so that I can enable the generation rule on all the domains
where individuals want to receive email, but we don't want
to automatically generate email addresses.

(david)

> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
>>> BTW, don't leave that "relay" box checked on the SMTP Connector!
>>
>>Right! I had indeed missed that. The relay box was checked.
>>But I'm going to have to be careful about that.
>>
>>I think that the exchange box relays for the web server (which
>>generates email from 'contact' pages, but also does mail shots
>>from the admin page of some web sites). I assume that the web
>>pages just use SMTP.
>
> Allowing another *server* to relay isn't the same as allowing any
> server to use your server as a relay to send mail to a *domain*.
>
> In your case, you allowed anyone to relay to your domain (which is
> kinda silly), but really isn't what you want. You want mail for your
> domain to be delivered to your mailboxes on your server(s). Therefore
> you want a recipient policy, not a SMTP Connector for this.
>
>>The exchange box and the web server are both in the same active
>>directory, all behind a proxy server, (which is publishing the
>>multiple web domains), so it is probably going to turn out that
>>the web server thinks it is always in the same domain as the
>>exchange server.
>
> You want to put the IP address of your web server in the "Relay..."
> button information on the SMTP Virtual Server's "Access" tab. Then
> that IP address can use your Exchange server as a SMTP relay to send
> mail to any domain.
>
>>But I'm not going to be able to turn off relay for those domains
>>until I work that out.
>
> There's not a lot to work out. You created the necessary Recipient
> Policies, the SMTP Connector, and you're going to add the IP address
> of the SMTP client (your web server) to the SMTP Virtual Server's
> property page. Done.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
david
6/17/2006 3:27:30 AM
"david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:

>Ok, Relay turned OFF at the connection, (anonymous relay),
>turned ON at the virtual server (authenticated relay).
>
>I see that even with relaying turned off, the IIS metabase
>still includes any domains listed in the connection address
>space,

Yes, it does. Just like it would if you configured the IIS SMTP server
with its own domain information. Exchange is the interface, replacing
the IIS snap-in, but it's still the IIS SMTP thread in inetinfo.exe
that's doing the work.

>but that I cannot receive on any address at all unless the
>Generation Rule is enabled in the recipient policy.

The box next to the address must be checked, but you can create
another Recipient Policy that has no LDAP filter rule. That way the
addresses aren't applied to any objects but the server understands
that it's supposed to hand;e mail for the domain.

>This is mildly disappointing: I don't actually want to
>automatically generate those mail addresses for any new users,
>and I hate to see something so fundamental implemented as an
>obscure side affect.

See above. All you need is another recipient policy to handle those
domains.

>I've created a new policy that doesn't apply to anything,
>so that I can enable the generation rule on all the domains
>where individuals want to receive email, but we don't want
>to automatically generate email addresses.

Good. That's the way to handle domains like that. I have 20, or so,
Recipient Policies to handle mail from domains acquired from
acquitions, marketing stuff, recruitment, etc. and none of them have
LDAP filters.

You no longer need the SMTP Connector with address spaces other than
"*" to handle outbound mail.

>(david)
>

>"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote:
>>
>> [ snip ]

>>>Right! I had indeed missed that. The relay box was checked.
>>>But I'm going to have to be careful about that.
>>>
>>>I think that the exchange box relays for the web server (which
>>>generates email from 'contact' pages, but also does mail shots
>>>from the admin page of some web sites). I assume that the web
>>>pages just use SMTP.
>>
>> Allowing another *server* to relay isn't the same as allowing any
>> server to use your server as a relay to send mail to a *domain*.
>>
>> In your case, you allowed anyone to relay to your domain (which is
>> kinda silly), but really isn't what you want. You want mail for your
>> domain to be delivered to your mailboxes on your server(s). Therefore
>> you want a recipient policy, not a SMTP Connector for this.
>>
>>>The exchange box and the web server are both in the same active
>>>directory, all behind a proxy server, (which is publishing the
>>>multiple web domains), so it is probably going to turn out that
>>>the web server thinks it is always in the same domain as the
>>>exchange server.
>>
>> You want to put the IP address of your web server in the "Relay..."
>> button information on the SMTP Virtual Server's "Access" tab. Then
>> that IP address can use your Exchange server as a SMTP relay to send
>> mail to any domain.
>>
>>>But I'm not going to be able to turn off relay for those domains
>>>until I work that out.
>>
>> There's not a lot to work out. You created the necessary Recipient
>> Policies, the SMTP Connector, and you're going to add the IP address
>> of the SMTP client (your web server) to the SMTP Virtual Server's
>> property page. Done.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
richnews (7316)

Have return all values
Hi could someone please tell me how to have excel to display the list of agents that are coded under the same code in one cell. The codes and names are located in sheet2 and I want the answer to display in sheet1... CODE | NAMES ------------------------ USRA Mike USRA Larry USRB Johnson USRB Dennis USRA Samuel Looking for Results: USRA - Mike, Larry, Samuel USRB - Dennis, Samuel ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #10
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Allow more than 1 distribution acct against Bank Mgmt Cash Receipt
Only 1 distribution line available when processing receipts Transaction>Bank Management>Cash Receipts. e.g. Cheque received for $2,000 (to be split $1,000 against one GL acct, and the other $1,000 against another GL account) The processing of two receipts is required to allow for correct distributions. We then have a problem with the bank lodgement form (2 entries of $1,000 against the same cheque number) Ideally, more than 1 distribution should be available when processing these receipts, to elimate uneccessary double keying, and to show correct cheque values each line on the ba...

CRM 3.0 install (upgrade from 1.2) issues
When installing crm it goes through checking the required components and installs them. One of them being MDAC. But then it goes through the next few stages of the wizard and confirms the server meets all the requirements. But it falls over saying that MDAC is not installed or is an incorrect version. Now i have checked the mdac on the server using ccchecker and it has all the required components of the compatable version that ms say is V2.6 upwards. The odd thing is when comparing these settings to the setup on the test server they are identical (that installed fine with an upgrade wi...

Need help changing cell value when another value changes
I have this code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = ("$D$5") Then If Range("$Q$9").Value <> "CA" Then Range("$N$32").Value = "Out of State" Else: Range("$N$32").Value = "In-State" End If End If End Sub I want the value in cell N32 to change based on what I have in cell Q when I enter data into cell D5 and press enter. It only works after I click on cell D5 (after changing d5 and pressin enter) What am i missing -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You ...

Task Number Field Values Disappear on Publishing?
I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. I would appreciate any solution or insights with this issue. Leo/North Texas Probably best to repost on the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 13:41, ldb wrote: > I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), > but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. > > I would appreciate any s...

Counting consecutive negative value
Hi, I have a column with positive and negative numbers. I need to count the largest number of consecutive negative numbers and don't really know how to do it. Thanks in advance. Wallace "Wallace" wrote: > I have a column with positive and negative numbers. > I need to count the largest number of consecutive > negative numbers and don't really know how to do it. First, do you really want to count "consecutive negative numbers" per se, or do you really want to count "number of consecutive cells with negative numbers"? In the...

Lookup value, but between dates
I am needing some help on this situation. I have the data structured in this way: A B C Res ID Cost Activity Date 1 1234 $20 1/1/2010 2 1234 $25 1/20/2010 3 7432 $15 2/2/2010 4 2574 $45 10/1/2009 5 7432 $65 1/2/2010 It shows by resource (Col A), Hourly Cost (Col B), and Activity date (Col C). Then I have a second sheet, with this format: A B C Res ID Cost Effective Date 1 1234 $15 12/30/2009 2 1234 $18 1/18/2010 3 7432 $12 1/31/2010 4 2574 $43 9/29/2009 5 7432 $67 12/31/2009 Same format, but it shows the standard cost. Effective Date represe...

Create a new sheet for all Unique values
Hi, I have some code that I got off of Ron DeBruin's site for Creating a new sheet for all unique values. It works great but it puts the header at the top of each new sheet. Is there a way to modify this code to make it so it does not add a header at the top of each new sheet? I'm just looking to put the raw data on each new sheet. Any help is appreciated. Sub Copy_With_AdvancedFilter_To_Worksheets() Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim WSNew As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim Lrow As Long Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") &...

copy a range without the same value
Hi all, I have a range of value such as 1, 1, 2, 3, 6, 6, 8 etc....I want to copy it to an other worksheet but i do not want to see the two 1s, and the two 6s i want the result to be 1, 2, 3, 6, 8 etc... thanks a lot for your help Hi Antoine Here's one way to do it. Range of values in Sheet1 and sheets to copy to: Sheet2 1. Set an arbitrary heading in the cell above the list 2. Go to sheet2, select a cell and choose Data > Filter > Advanced filter. 3. Check the box "Copy to another range" (or similar) 4. Choose the list 5. Leave the criteria field ...

why product(column(1:10)) gives error?
{=product(row(1:10))} gives proper result, what is the problem with column(1:10) ? COLUMN does not use numbers, it uses letters =PRODUCT(COLUMN(A:J)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:er8Wc3esHHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > {=product(row(1:10))} gives proper result, what is the problem with > column(1:10) ? > "dindigul" <padhy...@gmail.com> wrote... >{=product(row(1:10))} gives proper result, what is the problem with >column(1:10) ? 1:10 is reference to a 10 row by 256 column range...

Can I use 1 license from Mac Office for PC?
I have 2 copies of Office for home and Student, 1 MAC and 1 PC. Can I use 1 MAC license # on a PC? (making 2 on MACs and 4 on PCs) In article <F65768A8-B862-42F9-9549-21F1A3985125@microsoft.com>, Clof wrote: > I have 2 copies of Office for home and Student, 1 MAC and 1 PC. Can I use 1 > MAC license # on a PC? (making 2 on MACs and 4 on PCs) No, Mac licenses can't be used on PCs. No. You cannot use a Mac license on a PC -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ...

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

Adding up values in a textbox on a form
I have a data entry form with 3 textboxes for user input. I want to add up the values from the 3 textboxes, and display the total in a new textbox. As the user makes changes, I want the Total textbox to update automatically. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Rhema, What's in the textbox is stored as a string by default. You have to convert them to values before you do any arithmetic with them. like: TextBox3.Va...

Assigning a Value
Hi please help I am new to Access. I put this section into the load event on a form: Private Sub Form_Load() ACT_TRVL = DLookup("[GTotal]", "qryTravel", "[SSN] = '" & [SSN] & "'") End Sub ACT_TRVL is connected to TblAttendance and is a Text field The problem I am having is that I get an error message (but it still works ok): "Object doesn't support this property or method" The problem with this program is that it was developed to have the user input (manualy) the calculated resault from excell. So now I come alo...

Finding a value in a range where the value changes cells
I'm trying to summarize the balance of each of 4 accounts on a single sheet. Each account is on a separate sheet. The problem is, the balance changes with each transaction. i.e. on this transaction the balance is in cell F4, but when I post the next transaction the balance will be in F5 How can I summarize if the balance keeps moving? Set up a Dynamic Range See Debra Dalgleish's site for the how-to bits. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:52:29 -0700 (PDT), David.Marr.68@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to sum...

Return a value based on duplicate names
Hi. I have a list of names, some of the names are duplicated. I need a formula or function that will recognize this and make the identical names stand out, by either bolding the name, highlighting the cell, or putting a word in the cell next to it. Please help. Thanks. Marc Conditional formatting with a formula of =COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b1iBe.1950803$Xk.57741@pd7tw3no... > Hi. > > I have a list of names, some of the names are duplicated. I need a formula > or function tha...

Axis values
Hi, I am trying to generate a chart through a pivot table and by default, it is taking 20% difference in vertical values data in the axis like 0%, 20%, 40% etc. If my value is 87.50%, the marker is pointed above 100%. This happened to only "Stacked line with markers" and it took 10% difference in values for other ones and they look fine. How do have excel change the values it takes? Right click on the axis, choose Format, then adjust the axis scale yourself. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay message
I get the above error message from the computer I normally work on when I try to use a mail enabled (CDO) VB.NET program. When I use a production machine and log in as myself the application sends email OK and does not give the error message. Please help ... what do I need to set for my machine to allow it to send email? -- Martin Tallett In SMTP virtual server properties | Access tab | Relay -> grant your computer's IP address the permission to relay. If your computer's using a DHCP address, you can either switch to a static IP address that doesn't change every time, ...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

Inserting the values of a formula using vb
HI All, Do you know where the error is below Thanks for any help With Worksheets("tblFaxMailBox").Range("F2:F" & LASTROW) .Formula= "= NETWORKDAYS(RC[-2],RC[-4],Holiday!R2C[-4]:R11C[-4])" .Value = .Value End With HI I found the error. I needed to add R1C1 "ram" wrote: > HI All, > > Do you know where the error is below > > Thanks for any help > > With Worksheets("tblFaxMailBox").Range("F2:F" & LASTROW) > .Formula= > "= NETWORKDAYS(RC[-2],RC[-4],H...

SBS 2008, Exchange 2007
Hi All, I dont have massses amount of time to try and investigate this and already have spent time doing this. I will outline what I am trying to achieve. The server is SBS 2008. the client has one domain name: exampledomain1.co.uk and the second domain name: exampledomain2.co.uk The server was originally setup to receive for exampledomain1.co.uk. the client recently purchased exampledomain2.co.uk we had no prior knowledge this additonal domain was going to be purchased at time of SBS 2008 Install. They layout of what I would like to achieve: most users will have there ...

compare values on columns
Greetings, I am try to compare values between cells in 6 columns to determine if there is a positive correlation between values. My data looks similar to below (1981 records in total). Row1 Col1 Value1 Row2 Col2 Value2 1 1 1 4 0 1 2 1 5 2 1 3 1 6 0 1 4 0 1 7 0 1 5 2 1 8 0 1 6 0 1 9 0 I would like to to determine If Row1 = Row2 and Col1 =Col2 and Value1 = Value2 If this is true there is a positive correlation and I would like to output a "Yes" or "No" text to a cell for each record in another column named "Correllation". An additional complication is t...

unexpected conversion trouble

#Value Error
Hi I am getting a #value error. The worksheet is set up horizontally. These are the formulas: At the quarter, I have =If(H33="","Quarterly",D33+F33+H33), and so on at each quarter. At the end, the formula in AB33 is =Sum(D33-E33+F33-G33+H33-I33+J33-K33,etc...) I guess it doesn't like the "quarterly" business. Can anyone give me something I can understand that will work around the problem?? Thanks for you help! -- OneFineDay If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this...