unexpected growth of EDB

My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1.
Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are
not affected in event viewer i have no errors...
Any idea!?

0
ryuken_26 (113)

Anything in the Application event log?  How big is the DB and grwoth?

"MMC" wrote:

> My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1.
> Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB are
> not affected in event viewer i have no errors...
> Any idea!?

0
SW (184)
4/18/2006 11:44:01 AM
See if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555360/en-us

Nue
"SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anything in the Application event log?  How big is the DB and grwoth?
>
> "MMC" wrote:
>
>> My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1.
>> Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB
>> are
>> not affected in event viewer i have no errors...
>> Any idea!?

0
imaneophyte (3005)
4/18/2006 12:17:24 PM
"SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anything in the Application event log?  How big is the DB and grwoth?
>
> "MMC" wrote:
>
>> My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1.
>> Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB
>> are
>> not affected in event viewer i have no errors...
>> Any idea!?

no errors in app log...
at the moment the DB have stopped its growth, normally the edb was about 15
Gb now is about 33!!
The growth was about 1 Gb in 10-15 min.

0
ryuken_26 (113)
4/18/2006 12:35:23 PM
Do you have anti-virus scanning the MDBDATA folder?

"MMC" wrote:

> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anything in the Application event log?  How big is the DB and grwoth?
> >
> > "MMC" wrote:
> >
> >> My org consist exch2k3 sp2 - w2003 sp1.
> >> Today i have stated that one file .edb is growing rapidly, the other DB
> >> are
> >> not affected in event viewer i have no errors...
> >> Any idea!?
> >>

> no errors in app log...
> at the moment the DB have stopped its growth, normally the edb was about 15
> Gb now is about 33!!
> The growth was about 1 Gb in 10-15 min.

0
Jude (110)

Are unexpected connections unexpected?
I've just done some re-configuration, and all seems to be working well. But one thing: I only have 4 active users, and hardly any mail. I almost never seen any active connections, and they are transient. But today I have a connection to mail mmt com au, 20 minutes!and it re-connects again! And a connection from 218 73 212 5 I've just run a relay test from www abuse net, I'm not on open relay. Anything I should be worried about? Any suggestions? (david) It could be that other server is doing something funny, like not closing the connection or responding slowly or not at ...

unexpected conversion trouble

Backing up priv.edb and pub.edb
I'm running Exchange 5.5. My backup program (Backup Exec) doesn't backup these two files because I believe they are active. Is there a way I can back these files up? Any help is appreciated. You need to buy the BackupExec Exchange agent - this will allow you to do a proper online backup (which doesn't involve Exchange server downtime, and also purges committed transaction logs). Make sure you select the Exchange stores - not the mailbox level (that's useless for disaster recovery and takes up lots of tape & time). Peter McCaul wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5....

Unexpected price changes in orders
Sometime back we had a problem with price changes on back orders. What would happen is this, we would be out of an item so the order was placed in the WAIT batch. Then, when the item was made, the batch number would be changed to move it to a daily batch, then released. On some items - not all - when the batch number was changed, the price would change from the customer's price level price to the LIST price. When checking the Price List, the customer's price level price is still there, but that is not what is now on the order. The odd thing is that it doesn't occur on a...

Moving mailboxes and DB growth
All, I have recently been moving a lot of mailboxes around in Exchange 2003. My understanding is that every time you move a mailbox, it grows in size, is that correct? That being the case, would I just use one of the offline defrag utilities to reduce the size of the databases back down? Let me know! Pair Hi Pair, To be more precise, the mailbox store we are moving mailboxes to will grow. What we also need to concern ourselves with is the growth of transaction logs on both the source and destination servers. For every GB of data we move, we will generate roughly the same amoun...

FRX 6.0 "unexpected error; quitting"
When i create a new windows profile on a PC that already has FRX 6.0, login as that new user and try to run FRx, I get the follwoing error, "unexpected error; quitting". It doesn't matter who I attempt to logon to FRX as. Does anyone know how to fix this...? Thanks, Tom... ------=_NextPart_0001_31854365 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Tom K, Thanks for your FRx question. FRx 6.0 is no longer supported. I recommend upgrading to FRx 6.5 or FRx 6.7. However, the unexpected error quitting message can usually be resolved with registering the .dll...

IE8 says 'last session closed unexpectedly' and offers to restore
I never close down with IE open, so why does it keep asking to restore my last session? I have Windows 7, recently purchased, so no control over IE8. If I delete browsing history, I can use it, and open it over and over, but when I boot the machine, it won't allow me to open IE8 to my home page. Closing it with the task bar doesn't help - it just goes into a wait state the next time I try to open it. (p.s. signing up just to ask this question was a nightmare of unclear directions) "measurement" <measurement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Unexpected state
Does anyone know what could have caused this error? ********* The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. The database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially coverted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command of the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) to convert it. If the original database is no longer ava...

Unexpected results
We have some code like this With X AS ( SELECT * FROM SomeData WHERE BadData != 1 ) SELECT * FROM X JOIN Y ON CAST(X.ColumnA AS INT) = Y.ColumnA The WITH statement should remove the data that cannot be converted to int before the join is done but this isn't what happens. Instead SQL Server decided to do the join first and then remove the bad data. The problem with this is that we get an error when casting to int. The really silly thing is that if we do this: SELECT CAST(ColumnA AS Int) FROM X then we get no problems. The other really silly thing is that this h...

Access Closes Unexpectantly
I have a database that is on a Citrix server. There is only one user for the database. There is one main form that has three subforms on it and is the main form for entering data. When the user tries to enter data into the fields on the form, Access will just close unexpectantly. There is no error message, no "Access needs to shut down", no nothing. I've put error trapping code on the form, but it doesn't even hit that. With it being on a server I have split the BE and FE and I have just had the tables in the database itself, I've done all the usual things th...

unknown .edb file

Unexpected behavior #2
I am having a unique intermittent problem I am hoping someone can hel me with. I have a large Excel VPA application that has several button on the "Config" sheet that execute different VBA scripts. There ar also a large number of drop down list boxes. On a fairly regular basi an unusual behavior occurs, when you click on a drop down box one o the buttons (always the same button) magically moves to the drop dow box that was clicked. Once this happens the first time, every time yo click on a drop down box the button moves to that box. You can clos and reopen the file and it will conti...

Opening Visio 2002 documents in Visio 2003 gives error "unexpected end of file"
Hi, I recently upgraded from Visio 2002 to Visio 2003, and now I no longer can open my visio documents I each time get the error message unable to open file : "unexpected end of file" while they still open fine in Visio 2002 Did anyone else came across this and if so... anyone has a solution??? Regards Olivier ...

The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error.
Hello people, After I haven�t used my PC(vista) for two weeks I started it and anything looked normal but when the vista green background appears(where you normally choose the user) suddenly this error pops up: �The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation.� The only thing I can do is press Ok, if I do so my computer restarts and the same error appears. Some things I can and can�t do: I can�t reach my desktop. I can�t choo...

Compound Annual Growth Rate
How do I cacluate the Compound Annual Growth Rate from 1 number to another number over 5 years? I'm not sure what you're actually asking. Do you mean =RATE(5,0,-beginning number,ending number) "Stash" wrote: > How do I cacluate the Compound Annual Growth Rate from 1 number to another > number over 5 years? Thanks for checking with me. I found my answer by checking related postings - after I had asked my question. I was looking for the formula: (end value/start value)^(1/years). "ww" wrote: > I'm not sure what you're actually asking. &g...

unexpected errors
Recently I tried to forward a couple of emails which failed with a pop up message of unexpected errors. Anyone know what that means or how to correct? I get a similar message when I try to remove messages from a "Recovered" folder in the personal folder area of outlook. In that case I can't delete the messages. You will be more likely to get a response if you post to one of the Outlook newsgroups. This one is for Word. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Rob...

Outlook closes unexpectedly after receiving or sending messages
Hi, When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's own... Where only a few person in the compagny having this problem... Does anyone has any ideas...? Thanks, Chris. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Chris Krummen" <christophe_krummen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99d1eb2a.0312040749.1b17db2c@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > When i receive e-mail or send one outlook closes on it's ...

Quits Unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I try to open any office application it says that it quit unexpectedly and even if you try to relaunch it nothing will happen how do I fix this problem. "BigBoiZero@officeformac.com" wrote: > Every time I try to open any office application it says that it quit > unexpectedly and even if you try to relaunch it nothing will happen how do I > fix this problem. Find solutions for crashes, conflicts and general problems with Entourage <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html...

Outlook 2002 Error Message: The UID of a message changed unexpectedly
When opening Outlook this morning I got the following scary error dialog: "The UID of a message changed unexpectedly. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this." Clicking the "Details" button revealed: "MsgSegNum 11: Previous UID 1155: New UID 1156. Protocol: IMAP Server: (our mail server's name) Port: 143" Everything seems to work and I can't tell what message has been changed. Any thoughts, help or comments would be appreciated. ...

Exchnege unexpectedly rebooting
Hi For some reason my server has rebooted 2 times this morning without me touching it.It doesn't have SP1 installed. Exchange 2003 on it. Any ideas why. It does this if i manually restart the server myself and then another 2 or 3 times it restarts by itself. this is urgent cause 100 people is using it for e-mails. thanks On Sun, 14 May 2006 23:53:01 -0700, Craig from Huguenot <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >For some reason my server has rebooted 2 times this morning without me >touching it.It doesn't have SP1 installed. Exchange 20...

Storage Folders Unexpectedly Empty
I retain copies of some news posts I want to keep. I keep them in folders under "Storage Folders". Two of these folders are now empty. The corresponding hard-disc folders still exist. So do the files ending in .nws in those hard-disc folders. The following is a typical hard-disc path to such a folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Storage Folders\Newsgroups\Keep\MICROSOFT\excel.progr 7b8 If I double-click a file ending in nws in one of these hard-disc folders, it opens in Windows Live Mail, as expected...

Unexpected error
Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my emails, tasks, contacts, appointments, etc. before I reinstall outlook? Try the Detect/Repair option first. the *.pst file contains the relevant emails etc, this is a hidden file Also http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/pfbackup.aspx David "Cory" <coryb79@cox.net> wrote in message news:008701c35c42$cfb3a640$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I try to start Outlook 2002, it gives me a > message saying unexpected error. How do I save all my > emails, task...

Unexpected Problem
Just recently I have been having problems with Publisher. I have been using Publisher to design a web page for a class project, nothing fancy just a few images and paragraphs. Yesterday when I went to close the Publisher program, a window appeared that said, Publisher has experienced a problem and that It had to close. All my work was lost. The next time this happened another window appeared recommending to download the newest updates available for Office XP. I did update my system with Office Service Pack S3, but Publisher is still experiencing the same problem. To make matter...

Unexpected server shutdown
Hi, Client experiences server shutdown when trying to synchronise SFO for the first time. First time was after 45 mins the next was after 15 mins. Event logs just report an unexpected shutdown. Server is running Win2k 5.00.2195 SP4 with 1Gb RAM. Any pointers ? Pete. ...

Daily Unexpected Termination of Exchange Services [ID# 7031]
Hello, For the past few months we have been seeing some errors arrising from our 2003 Exchange box in which all the services terminate unexpectadly and then restart. This happened on occasion in the past and is now starting to occur once sometimes twice a day. We do have monitoring setup and get an ERROR message for the Exchange service when this happens. When looking into the event logs the following services are affected with 7031 Event ID that the service terminated unexpectadly. WWW Publishing Service SMTP Service Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine Microsoft Exchange POP3 Serv...