Undeliverable POP3 Email

I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not correct
on an incoming email using POP collection.

For example:

if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I
have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not
happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded in
the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is not
sent to the admin account.

Help please.

I think that you need catch all  solution, try this

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html

Nebojsa Seslija

"Support" <Support@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not
>correct
> on an incoming email using POP collection.
>
> For example:
>
> if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I
> have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not
> happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded
> in
> the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is
> not
> sent to the admin account.
>
> Help please.

Thanks for that. The solutions on this page seem to be for Exchange 2000. I
am running Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003. This was running correctly when 1st
setup but hasnt worked for a little while now.

Any other help would be great. From researching on the internet there are
quite a few people with this problem but none of the replys have the
solution that fixes the problem.

"Nebojsa Seslija" <nebojsa.seslija@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I think that you need catch all  solution, try this
>
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catcha.html
>
> Nebojsa Seslija
>

> "Support" <Support@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not
>>correct
>> on an incoming email using POP collection.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I
>> have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not
>> happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is
>> downloaded in
>> the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is
>> not
>> sent to the admin account.
>>
>> Help please.

0
abmhudson (4)

Undeliverable POP3 Email
I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not correct on an incoming email using POP collection. For example: if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded in the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is not sent to the admin account. Help please. I think that you need catch all solution, try this http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catch...

Finding an email message in Exchange 2000
Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who on our Echange server received it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Greg wrote: > Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange > 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email > address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who > on our Echange server received it. > > Any help is much apprecia...

How to reduce file size to email without losing transitions?
I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, transitions or animations. Any suggestions? "PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C141EE-8ADA-42CB-A1F0-88178D52573C@microsoft.com... >I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, > transitions or animations. Any suggestions? Transitions and animations won't contribute much to the file size. Sound, assuming it's an embedded WAV, can. (Other sound file types can't be embedded, so those don't contribute to file...

Receiving all emails and atachments as HTML files
I have a client that is receiving most emails and attachments as html files, even though they were not sent that way. I know there obviously has to be a setting to determine how Outlook is supposed to view the incoming email, but as far as I can see, everything is set up OK. Any help would be much appreciated - thanks. -Joe ...

Workflow emails and tracking in CRM 4
Hi, I have some workflows setup in CRM4 which send notification emails to internal CRM users. These emails reach the users mailbox, and appear in CRM, but when viewed in outlook they are not marked as tracked in CRM. If I send an email between users using outlook and click the 'track in CRM' button, the work correctly. If I use the CRM web interface to send emails, these emails appear in CRM, and in the users inbox, but there are not marked as CRM emails in outlook. If someone could give me an idea of what is wrong, it would be very helpful. Hi Rob, It seems like the regard...

Incoming Email Routing
We have MSCRM 3.0 set up on one server and MS Exchange 2003 and CRM Router installed on a second server. Outgoing emails from CRM work fine nbut when a client responds to an email it goes into the agents personal Outlook inbox, is forwarded to the CRMMAil mailbox but does not appear in CRM. Can you confirm that it should appear in the Contacts History or if not where it should appear? Thanks Andy Hi Andy, Recheck if you are clicking 'Track in CRM' option while sending out an email. This adds a tracking token and enables the tracking of emails. (in the personal options you s...

why would a legitimate email going in junk email folder
Hi There, A coulpe of our users have received the same email and on both computers it has gone into the outlook junk email folder. I have checked the block senders and the address isn't listed in their and i cannot see any reason to why it has been blocked. This is a tottally legitimate email and they have had no problems receiving other messages from this particular sender. Any thoughts David Could be words in the subject or body. The junk filters inner workings are quite hidden... "David" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:#XqYvSZdJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Email Accounts #13
How do I make outlook default to a particular email account (I have 2) when I reply to an email, no matter where the email came from? thanks, Freddie Freddie wrote: > How do I make outlook default to a particular email > account (I have 2) when I reply to an email, no matter > where the email came from? > > thanks, > Freddie The default setting of Outlook is to reply to an email using the account to which it was sent. You cannot change this default setting (AFAIK), but you can change the account used to reply when in the reply screen. ...

Go to Next Unread Email
Hi, is there a reliable way to go to the next unread email in outlook 2003? The shortcut I found by googling (CTRL+U) doesn't do this it just makes the current email unread. Is it possible to add a button for this (similar to thunderbird, outlook express) - I did not find any suitable command in customize / toolbar. Maybe some VBA code? At the moment I am looking at my inbox and it shows there is one unread email but I can not find it. thanks in advance Axel On Sep 3, 10:35=A0am, Raven <axel.gr...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > is there a reliable way to go to the nex...

How to email a 55meg file attachment ????
I want to send a 55meg movie file (from his wedding), to a friend by email. He lives in another state, so I can not just deliver it. I dont have a cd burner either, so the only options are to mail a flash stick, or to send it by email. I'd prefer the email to avoid all the shipping hassles. The problem is that his email can only accept 10 meg files. (max). I am on dialup, so I can not setup a FTP site (and do not know how). I intended to send this using my laptop on a public WIFI site, because on dialup it would take forever to upload. Does anyone know of another way to ...

Export GAL to a "csv" file for Internet POP3/IMAP users
Hi all, Can someone suggest me how to export our AD Global Address List to a csv file so that our Internet users connecting to our corporate email server via POP3/IMAP can download the Address List (say from the Webserver Location) and use it. Regards, Sudeep The utility you are looking for is csvde.exe. http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/csvde.asp or, if you prefer: http://snipurl.com/7kmr William Sudeep Batra wrote: > Hi all, > &g...

multiple emails
Outlook 2002 picks up certain emails over and over again, until they are deleted from the server. Leave mail on server is set, and delete after 2 days is set as well. If it is set to check email every 5 minutes, certain emails will appear every 5 minutes. This does not happen when using Outlook 2000, but it does happen when using Outlook XP. ...

save email as word doc
I am using Outlook 2002 with Exchange server 2000. Isn't there a way to save an email as a word document? I am using word as my email editor and the only options I have for file type are html, txt, msg and oft. Thanks for any input. ...

How do I reset Windows Mail? Multiple emails keep downloading.
I bought a windows computer with vista and Windows Mail. I set up my email and now every email is downloading over and over again each time I hit send and receive. I am on my fifth set up emails and have over 57,000 emails in my "in" box. How can I reset Windows Mail to it's original (factory) setting....meaning bringing it back to brand new. Also, how do I download emails from my server only ONCE, and then only new emails from then on? Help please! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:41:01 -0800, Renee Wood <Renee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I bough...

email when new customer added
Hi All, I know I need to create a business alert, but does anyone know what I need to set one up. I need to email another user whenever a new customer has been setup on the system. And again I need to email a user everytime a new order is placed on the system. Sorry quite a newbie to GP 7.5 First things first. You must make sure that SQL Mail is enabled on your SQL Server. It requires an MAPI client in order to send out business alerts. Then you would simply create a business alert on the RM00101 table. You probably want to play around with CREATDDT field. The alerts are more des...

macro / quicksaving emails
On my job I have very small HD space for my mailbox (appr. 175 mb). It is policy to archive all the mail in separate maps in explorer. And it is impossible for me to install programs on the computer. Therefore I have created shortcuts to projectmaps in explorer, and placed them in the Quicklaunch bar from Windows. I can than place a new mail with the mouse =F2n the shortcut, and it will be placed in the right map as a .msg file. It's the finding back that works badly. The filename in Explorer is the same as the subject text from the email. And the date noted in Explorer is ofcourse the d...

outlook 2007 emails started going to the wrong folder??
Emails had been going into the Inbox folder and suddenly are going into another folder. The setting in Account Details are still telling me they should be going into the Inbox??? "jmadden35" <jmadden35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D224E243-62B9-4194-9698-B1793E95BDD7@microsoft.com... > Emails had been going into the Inbox folder and suddenly are going into > another folder. The setting in Account Details are still telling me they > should be going into the Inbox??? Outlook will not do this on its own. What did you change? To what ...

POP3 Question #4
Hi, I have SBS 2003 wiuth Exchange 2003 where I am downloading my email into a global mailbox. Is there a way i can view a log or status to see if mail is being downloaded? Thanks ...

Enforce disclaimers for internal emails ?
We would like to enforce a policy where every piece of email sent in the company, whether headed for external or internal desitnations are stamped with a disclaimer. Currently we tell our users to create a signature in Outlook and add the disclaimer to it, but we cannot guarantee 100% compliance. Also there is no signature option in OWA at all. We have tried some third party products for adding disclaimers, but they all work at the SMTP level, and internal mail does not get stamped with the disclaimer. Is there a way we can do this, or a third party application that can ? Or perhaps a GPO can ...

Email campaign activity for the owners of a marketing list's accou
Hi, In 3.0, I want to be able to create an email campaign activity to be sent to the sales (crm users) who own the accounts of a marketing list. It seems tricky to me to achieve this. Has anyone done this before? I could write he code to do it fully in vs, but then there is no possibility for the user to modify the email's content. I am thinking to open some text editor to allow the user to enter text, and then to send the text back to the server. But I hardly see how to do that. Thanks for your ideas! ...

Junk Mail Folder and POP3 Clients
I have a few POP3 only clients who fetch email from our server remotely. Works great except IMF sometimes places legitimate emails into the users junk mail folder which is then unretreavable by a POP3 client. Before I adjust IMFs Junk Mail threshold is there a way I can turn off Junk mail for these POP3 clients? -- Rob "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing" Aloha Robert, Not just for them, no. IMF is client-agnostic. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenot...

Undeliverable #5
I work for a non-profit. One of the agency's we deal with is not able to send us email anymore. When I send them an email & they replies, he get's a message that says something like this - -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:08 PM To: 'Brian Blake' Subject: Undeliverable: RE: please respond Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: please respond Sent: 7/19/2005 3:08 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Brian Blake' on 7...

Filtering email based on sender domain
Hi Im running Exchange 2003 SP1. This is what I need to do: I want to route emails sent to a particular address to different users based on the domain that they have come from. I.e.: I need to get emails that have the sender: custom...@domain1.com and recipient:supp...@mycompany.com to be received by exchange users A, B and C. In addition to this I need emails with sender: custom...@domain2.com and recipient:supp...@mycompany.com (same recipient) to be sent to exchange users D, E and F. I have tried searching these forums with no luck and im completely at a loss as to how to solve t...

Outlook downloads email that already existed
Hi guys, My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook again, the same email message will be downloaded once more! How do I resolve that? Thanks in advance. (Btw, I'm using Outlook 2003.) Regards Roger On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:21:20 +0800, "Roger Lek " <rogerlek@singnet.com.sg> wrote: >Hi guys, >My Outlook is downloading emails that already existed. For example, i >download an email message now and after 5 mins later when I start Outlook >again, the same email...