From:   System Administrator
Sent:   Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:08 PM
To:     'Brian Blake'
Subject:        Undeliverable: RE: please respond

      Subject:  RE: please respond
      Sent:     7/19/2005 3:08 PM

      'Brian Blake' on 7/19/2005 3:08 PM
            Unable to deliver the message due to a communications
failure
        The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=ORGANIZATION;l=NGKY-A01-EXGM-050719190745Z-6880

------------END ORIGINAL EMAIL----------------

This makes me think that there is somthinng wrong with their Exchange
Server, though I do not know what it could be.  Any suggestions on
where to tell them to look?  Their sys admin hasn't returned my calls &
my boss is really wanting to be able to pinpoint the problem.  Thanks
for your help!

Brian Blake

bumpus.

Backup Exec strategies and Exchange 5.5
Hello We are running an Exchange 5.5 server, using Backup Exec 7.2. I'm running into space limitations on the backup tapes, and I'm wondering what essential information I should be backing up to make sure I can recover from a server failure. In other words, what is the minimum data set I should be backing up? At this point, I am backing up the "exchsrvr" folder on each of the server's hard drives as well as the Backup Exec selection labeled "Microsoft Exchange Directory" and "Microsoft Exchange Information Store". Is it redundant to be ba...

excell #5
HOW CAN I, WORKING IN EXCELL, MAKE THE TEXT WRAP AROUND FROM LINE TO LINE AFTER I HAVE MERGED ALL OF THE CELL INTO 1 LINE, EXAMPLE LIKE A WORD DOCUMENT? Hi Debbie, First, please don't write in caps. To us readers, it seems like you are shouting at us. And I am sure that is not the impression you want. Second, you are limited to a certain number of character to one cell. I think the number might be 256 characters. It might be more. In any event, you cannot write paragraphs in a single cell. You can format a cell... Format | Cells | Alignment | Wrap Text If you want the text to ...

Purchase Orders #5
If I want to add new information to the P.O. print out, which file should I have to accesss ? It looks like the report is reading from a temporal file, but I do not know the fields for that file. Open SO Administrator and go to File/Configuration. Look at the Templates Tab. That will show you which XML file is serving as the tmeplate for each document type... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all...

HotFixes
How do I find out what Exchange hotfixes have been applied to an Exchange 5.5 (SP4) server (running on Win2k)? Is there a utility I can run to detect them? Or are they listed in the registry (in a common location hopefully)? thanks Clay Hilton yes if you check in the add/remove programs ,you should see all the hotfixes listed there .They will have a Q number appended . >-----Original Message----- >How do I find out what Exchange hotfixes have been applied to an Exchange >5.5 (SP4) server (running on Win2k)? Is there a utility I can run to detect >them? Or are they lis...

Reporting in exchange 5.5?
Hi Exchange 5. I need to run a report that will highlight which mailboxes have more than one NT account in the permissions tab within exchange admin. Does anyone know of a solution for this Thanks in advance Phil support.microsoft.com XADM: Bulk Import/Export FAQ PSS ID Number: 155414 Phil Howard wrote: > Hi, > > Exchange 5.5 > > I need to run a report that will highlight which mailboxes have more than one NT account in the permissions tab within exchange admin. Does anyone know of a solution for this? > > Thanks in advance. > Phil ...

Lookup Function #5
I have a table set up where ARC and CRA are two separate entities and have two separate values associated with them (ie. ARC=4568, CRA=3978). When I do a lookup using these strings, it give the value ARC=4568, and CRA=4568. I assume because they contain the same letters, just in a different order. I think Excel sees ARC and CRA as being the same thing. Is there a way around this?? THanks Chris Christopher, It looks like you have the lookup function structured wrong. Excel should be able to find the correct value. You might want to look at the on-line help for the correct synta...

moving public folders from 5.5
What is the easiest - suggested way to move 5.5 public folders to exchange 2003, where 2003 is a different org and domain? Any help is greatly appreciated. Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com ...

Exchange 5.5
Hoping someone can shed some light on something for me. We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a. I was checking the logs and noticed the following log entry: NT User DOMAIN\USER1 logged on to Doe, John mailbox, and is not the primary Windows NT account on this mailbox. I am not sure what this message pertains too. John Doe is a domain administrator and USER1 is a regular user who only has rights to their personal mailbox. Anyone have ideas as to what may be causing this? I know John Doe configures PC's for users and usually is the first person to log into a PC for a user to valid...

Undeliverable POP3 Email
I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not correct on an incoming email using POP collection. For example: if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded in the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is not sent to the admin account. Help please. I think that you need catch all solution, try this http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catch...

formula coping 5 consecutive cell triggered by a value from anoth.

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

OWA, Outlook 2003, and Exchange 5.5 Outages
Need patch for this problem? Where can I get? ---- Problem 1 Perhaps the most common issue being reported by Exchange Administrators when dealing with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 cohabitation is the issue described in TechNet article 818709. One of the most useful and heavily used features in the Exchange feature-set is Outlook Web Access (OWA), or the ability to access an Exchange mailbox over a Web mail connection. According to Microsoft, when you use OWA to access a mailbox on a server running Exchange 5.5 and you are using a user account that was previously accessed from a cli...

Question about 5.5 and 2k3 and IMC
We have been slowly migrating users from 5.5 to 2k3 and everything is working great. I noticed today that when 2k3 mailboxes send SMTP mail, it routes it to 5.5 and then 5.5 sends it outbound. I deleted the IMC on the 5.5 server and now the users on 2k3 send mail directly from the server, but the 5.5 users now cannot send SMTP mail. I created a connector on the 2k3 and this seems to have solved the problem. Is this the right way to go? Thanks. Noel Haydon MCSE MCDBA CNE Noel Haydon <nhaydon@earthlink.net> wrote in news:Xns949A98FBBFEA1nhaydon@207.46.248.16: > We have been sl...

2003 & 5.5
Hi! I have a case with 8 5.5 servers. Into this organisation i wish to add a 2003 server and migrate some mailboxes to it. Is it possible ? Any problems ? regards, Richard ...

Missing emails from Outlook XP Exchange 5.5
I have a user that had approximately 300 emails and 100 contacts in his Outlook and they suddenly dissapeared on him after uninstalling Mcafee internet security 6. The strange thing is it did not delete ALL his email or All his contacts, there were 8 emails left in the box and 2 contacts left. Since he is on a laptop, I tried to work offline and see if they were in his .ost, but its the same thing. The strange thing is, his .ost is about 130mb, and when I look at his mailbox properties, it only shows about 60 mb in size. Also, on the exchange server, his mailbox resources show to be about 80mb...

Using Exmerge from 5.5 to 2000
Hi I am looking at using Exmerge to move mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 on NT4 in domainA to Exchange 2000 on W2K in domainB there is only about 30 mailboxes. The NT domain is a bit of a mess and is in a DMZ outside our ISA server so I don't want to use the ADC. Doing a search for previous postings highlighted the fact that I would need to use the correct version of Exmerge. Where can I get the 5.5 version of Exmerge? Do I just use Exmerge 5.5 to export to pst, copy the files to the new server and then use Exmerge 2000 to import? TIA Andrew Please see the following link, it says where i...

how to remove admin group with only 5.5 servers
Hi, I have a mixed mode 2003 sp1/5.5 org with 3 sites/admin groups. Site 1 has 5.5 and 2003, the other two sites have only 5.5. I plan to use the cross administrative group move feature of 2003 SP1 to move the mailboxes from the 5.5 only sites to the exchange 2003 server. How do I go about decommissioning the 5.5 servers in the 5.5 only sites once this is complete? Thanks, James Hi James, When you have completed the mailbox migrations via cross admin moves you can then try the first link. Please read them carfully before proceeding. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152959/EN-US/ http:...

exchange 5.5 mailbox restore
Hello, I restored exchange 5.5 mailboxes (INFO store only) from tape to my recovery server. Almost all of recipients are visible except two I am looking for. I run Exmerge program on the recovery server, the exmerge can see the two mailboxes I am looking for with mailbox size and display name. but they are just not shown in server recipients. There is no hidden mailboxes on the server. Once I run exmerge again these two mailboxes, I got the following errors: Error configuring message service (MSEMS) (unknown error) (Cmapisession::CreateEMEPRTProfile) any idea or workaround. TIA di...

Entourage 11.4.0 OS X 5.6 quits when selecting color font
unexpected quits xhen just clicking on color button "haunold@inp-toulouse.fr" wrote: > unexpected quits xhen just clicking on color button Remove this font cache file: ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office Font Cache (11) Answer found on this page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/crashes.html#crash44> A search on the browser page for "click" show answers involving click. You'll quickly see: 44) Problems after installing Leopard 1) Crash if click font color button -- Diane OS X 10.5.*6*? If that's accurate it could be the problem -...

Removing 5.5 from site
Hi all I need to remove a 5.5 server from the site. The site contains two Exchange 2003 sp2 BE and one 5.5 server. The 5.5 server still needs to accept email for its domain, i jsut need to remove it from our site. Whats the best way to do this? we no longer want to share a GAL or ahve anything to do with there 5.5 server, the only thing the 5.5 server needs to do is work for the local users at there site Check this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 T-RP "skip" wrote: > Hi all > > I need to remove a 5.5 server from the site...

Undeliverable #5
I work for a non-profit. One of the agency's we deal with is not able to send us email anymore. When I send them an email & they replies, he get's a message that says something like this - -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:08 PM To: 'Brian Blake' Subject: Undeliverable: RE: please respond Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: please respond Sent: 7/19/2005 3:08 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Brian Blake' on 7...

OWA on 5.5 and 2003 during migration
Is there any reason why I could not have OWA running on my Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 servers while migrating? Will either OWA access mailboxes regardless of the home server? ...

Where has the assistant field in Ex 5.5 gone in Exchange 2003?
Hello, I am strugling to figure out what has happened to the assistant attribute in Ex2k3, when viewing a users mailbox properties within OAB the Assistant field appears. However going into ADUC and viewing the properties of the particular user, I can't see any place where I can change this? When viewing the users mailbox in 5.5 it shows the Assistant object. Any ideas would be great Regards Brendan "Brendan" <Brendan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I am strugling to figure out what has happened to the assistant >attribute in Ex2k3, when viewing a ...

Security with Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000
Dear All, Many years ago I set up an Exchange 5.5 on Windows NT 4.0 course which used the Outlook 97 client on NT Workstation and I developed the lab notes according to these platforms. I have now been asked by a company to do this course for Exchange 5.5, but this time the Exchange 5.5 server is still hosted on Windows NT 4.0 but the clients are using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP platform. I have not had too many differences but one problem I am having is with the signing and sealing of messages. After getting the mailbox tokens from the Exchange 5.5 server I applied them successfully a...

Meeting Request #5
I had an unusual request the other day. Is this possible? When setting up a meeting request in Outlook 2003 is there a way to change the word "Required", when adding attendees, to say "Requested"? Thanks in advance, Aaron Neunz No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Aaron Neunz" <apn@rrbiznet.com> wrote in message news:%23%23juRra%23EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I had an unusual request the ot...