unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]

hello everybody.

my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now
been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got
listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send
mails to our branch office which uses the list of
www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an
address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation
email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following
miscrosoft site says.

us;193316

but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@
[x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID
using my hotmail account. i get an failure report in my
hotmail account saying that relaying is prohibited.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPP !!!!! how do i configure IP LITERAL
for exchange 5.5 ???????

thanks and regards
Manoj

0
s_manoj21 (2)

"Manoj s" <s_manoj21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hello everybody.
>
> my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now
> been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got
> listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send
> mails to our branch office which uses the list of
> www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an
> address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation
> email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following
> miscrosoft site says.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;193316
>
> but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@
> [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID
> using my hotmail account. i get an failure report in my
> hotmail account saying that relaying is prohibited.
>
> HEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPP !!!!! how do i configure IP LITERAL
> for exchange 5.5 ???????
>
> thanks and regards
> Manoj

Just add [x.x.x.x] (including the []) as an inbound domain on your IMC
Routing tab. Then, either set it to redirect to your main domain, or accept
it as inbound.  If you accept it as inbound you will need to add a
postmaster@[x.x.x.x] email address to one of your existing mailboxes.  If
you redirect it, it will route it to whichever mailbox has
postmaster@yourdomain listed as an address instead, if it exists.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
___________________________________

0
email3469 (73)

Outlook unable to connect to the incoming server POP3(exchange2k3) #2
I am trying to connect outlook at my work to my exchange server at home. OWA works great and also sending emails through outlook works, but I can not retrieve emails from exchange using the outlook client. Here are some of the variables: Exchange Server at home: Firewall Sonicwall: Pop3 on port 110 opened Exchange was setup with default settings...in other words there have been no special configurations At work: I added a new email account Server Type: POP3 (I tried the exchange option through the control panel, but that did not work) My Incoming mail server: mail.myserver.com My outgoing ...

Using VBS t o configure outlook
is it possible to create a vbs script to automatically configure outlook 2002 for user on a domain. Thanks James ...

Process User Rights
Does anyone know how to run a process as the SYSTEM user account? I am doing some registry modifications that are being blocked when the code is run as Administrator. Ed you can run it as system services then it has system user account "Edward E. Hopkins" <ed@signalquest.com> wrote in message news:YmDcc.2202$hd3.1677@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... > Does anyone know how to run a process as the SYSTEM user account? > > I am doing some registry modifications that are being blocked when the code > is run as Administrator. > > Ed > > Ah good ... how do you...

Using Exmerge #2
Hi there, I'm using Exmerge for the first time on an Exchange 2003 box. I was reading through the KB article 174197 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174197/ and it says "Before you run this program, make sure that the Microsoft Outlook Client and the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program are installed on the computer that Exmerge.exe is being run on." then in the next paragraph it notes, "We recommend that you do not install Outlook on the Exchange server." So, before I go installing anything can someone please point me in the correct direction? Can I run exmerg...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

User input
I've used this forum before, and found it very useful. I need to set up a worksheet, (worksheet1), to allow a user to input surname,initials,id,location,date for office files that move around the office. The result will be stored in worksheet2 in 1 row and 5 columns called Surname - Inits - ID - Location - Date Each entry will be recorded in the next empty row in worksheet2. I think I have found a way to identify the next empty row using the Indirect function. But, how can I set up worksheet1 to allow the user to input the data he has which is then automatically recorded into wo...

Language of "Continued on page X"
Is it possible to select the language for the terms "Continued on page X"/"Continued from page X"? Or are they always in the language of the user interface? Thanks for any hints, Luc In my experience it follows the language of the user interface/installation language. But you can edit it manually one by one (just do not edit the page reference tag). Or it may be edited by doing a search/replace in the document (available in 2003). Regards Terje "Luc Benninger" <lb@NOSPAMzignet.ch> skrev i melding news:%23aFWKWP9FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ...

no warning file in use
Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000 server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved. I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft s...

Email received but immediately disappears from one user to one receipient
I have a situation where email from one user within our domain, shows in the Inbox and preview, but immediately disappears. It is not in the Deleted Items or Junk Mail, and no rules are set. Emails from other users, within the domain and from outside, arrive fine. Messages is selected as the View. Others within the domain are receiving messages from the sender fine. I logged on to a different machine as the sender, sent an email, and the recipient received it correctly. This led me to believe that there may be a virus/spyware issue on the senders machine. After running multiple anti-spyw...

SUMPRODUCT using Time between two values
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I have a sheet with the following layout of data (shortened here and changed for obvious reasons) Venue Date Event Start Event End Act Disney 4/13/10 7:00 PM 10:00 PM Goofy MSG 2/13/10 1:00 PM 3:00 PM Basketball Park 3/14/10 6:00 PM 8:00 PM Harlem Globetrotters So, what I have is a user input a Venue, Date, Time Value, and I would need the Act returned... For example, Disney, 4/13/10, 8:25:13 PM, would ou...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

sql end user recovery dpm 2010
Hi, we are trying dpm 2010. for this we have installed the dpm agent on both nodes of a cluster. All mssql backups succeed succesfully. When I try to configure the sql end user recovery option I cannot enter the cluster instance name without specifying a database. I have checked this with a standalone mssql server, works fine there. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Can you please try giving the names in the following format? 1. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName> for default SQL Instance 2. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName>\&l...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

Can you share a calendar using Outlook web access?
We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share calendars? In news:AED7800B-502A-44D1-A386-5A9274753BDB@microsoft.com, betzie <betzie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share > calendars? You can access a calendar (or any mailbox folder, I believe) if it's already shared - but you can't create the share/set the permissions in OWA. You might post OWA questions in microsoft.public.exchange.clients - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. ...

Remove blank entries from a list box either using VBA or basic formula #3
Thanks Debra Havent thought about using dynamic ranges before.....I am a bit of Excel learner. I shall look into this as you suggest. Thanks again Celtic_avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27183 ...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? ...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

Having same behaviors for CRM users as for contacts
Hi, We need same behaviors for CRM users as they exist for contacts. Specially concerning marketing lists. Our customers frequently have to broadcast a newsletter or a document to a panel of external AND INTERNAL contacts, amongst these internal contacts, lot of them are crm users. The only solution to days is to duplicate these CRM users in a contact entity, but there are a lot of undesirable side effects. 1) mail tracking is no more running (same address in contact and user leads to no tracking!) 2) confusion in the mind of crm users concernaing the place where is their history record...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Picking contacts from multiple users
Hi SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this? Thanks Regards You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a duplicate remover tool. See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, H...

Sending xls files to pc xlsx users

Why do OnLButtonDown and OnMouseWheel use different coordinates?
I raised a WM_LBUTTONDOWN AND WM_MOUSEWHEEL at the same position of a window, but found that the CPoint pt in the OnMouseWheel is different from the CPoint point. I tried many times, the CPoint point is alway the same at a certain position but the CPoint pt varies in a range of 100, why are these two coordinates different? And how can I transform them? "wang" <wang_jia_ji@21cn.com> wrote in message news:087701c38559$d97828a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I raised a WM_LBUTTONDOWN AND WM_MOUSEWHEEL at the same > position of a window, but found that the CPoint pt in the >...