Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Dear all,

I'm evaluating to install Exchange 2003. After the installation I find the said protocol haven't been started. I tried to start
them in "Servers --> Server Name --> Protocols" but no help.

Please comment.... Thanks!!

Background:
Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory DC with all roles of FSMO as it's the first DC in the forest. Thank you very much!!

--
Are you boring? Let's come to talk together... ^^

0
Keith

Those services are disabled by default in Exchange 2003.  Go to
Administrative Tools, Services and enable them if you really need
them. This was part of the "Secure by Default" intitiative that
Microsoft is implementing.

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:42:54 +0800, "Keith Ko"
<Unavailable@127.in-addr.arpa> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>I'm evaluating to install Exchange 2003. After the installation I find the said protocol haven't been started. I tried to start
>them in "Servers --> Server Name --> Protocols" but no help.
>
>Please comment.... Thanks!!
>
>Background:
>Windows 2003, Exchange 2003, Active Directory DC with all roles of FSMO as it's the first DC in the forest. Thank you very much!!

0
Michael

Unable to open calendar

Duplicate Emails
Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo account. Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... any suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in advance. "infinitymum" <infinitymum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A040556-F362-42F5-8324-43CFA4089908@microsoft.com... > Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo > account. > Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... > any > suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in adv...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Can only start in safe mode
Sorry this does not apply - I always get the error message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And then I only have the option to "tell Microsoft about this problem" which I have done hundreds of times, and re-start in safe mode. Would appreciate help again! Thanks Subject: Outlook only starts in safe mode From: "Noni" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/21/2004 7:25:36 AM Morning Joan, Make sure when you start Outlook that it does not have any commands behind ...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...

Start .NET Web Application Development
Hi, I am a web application developer for last 5 years and knows HTML,ASP,JavaScript,VBScript,XML etc. I want to move to .NET web application development with Visual Studio.Net or ..NET Framework. I just know What is .NET Basically I want to become expert in .NET and get certified professional. Could any one provide me the roadmap to achieve this..thats is where to start or any course recommendation? Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?S2F2aQ==?= <Kavi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:7DE77A55-F8B1-4512-B5E3-8BEDF6DB84C4@microsoft.com: > I am a web applicatio...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...

Unable to find VC++.net express
Hi, I just downloaded and installed VC++.NET Express for hours, but after restarting my machine as required, I cannot find the program group no matter on Start menu or my disks. What is going on? Was the installation successful? If it was installed fully, you should find it at the location where you installed it. Does it appear as an option under Control Panel::Add Or Remove SOftware? ------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com The installation should not take that long normally - maybe your installation screwed up. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] <samhng@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook error..unable to display the folder..MAPI unable to load p
I have been using my Dell Axim for over a month with a new HP desktop just fine..until I installed Streets and Trips 2004 and it overwrote the Outlook 2002 that came with the Dell with Outlook 2003. Now I get the registry error every time Outlook opens or I try to sync the Pocket PC. I removed all the Outlook, Activesync, Streets and Trips programs I could find with Control Panel. I then re-installed the Outlook and Active sync that worked from the PDA software CD. I still get the registry error, and can't sync. I tried the regedit ideas from the Knowledge Base and did what I t...

Unable to resize Navigation pane in access 2007
This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there anyway to reset it to default settings? Can you not just drag it? -- Build a little, test a little. "SJ" wrote: > This ability to resize the navigation pane has become disabled. Is there > anyway to reset it to default settings? > > > . > ...

Unable to print document.
Hi, I have a user that is trying to print this word document. She is able to print the document if she decides to print the whole document. However, when she only some pages. I.E. 2-9. She is unable to do so. MS word however shows no error. There are no print outs either. I tested it with another document and was able to do the above. Is there any settings that could be changed to enable her to print the range of pages she wanted? -- X See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826218 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&...

outlook newsreader not start
Hi some times when I click the "news" button in outlook trying to start the outlook newsreader, the news reader does not pop up. Instead it opens a "1033" folder. In that case I had to start the news reader from outlook express. Can anyone explain why and how to fix it? thanks Go to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If you are prompted to set the default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsk...