Unable to send mail from work exchange svr to home email only

Hi all,

Got my exchange server 2003 up and running on a sbs 2003 std editon
server. I can send email to anyone except for recipients on a verizon.net
domain. I have already contacted verizon cust service and they were about
as much help as....well.....you could probably guess.

Here is the error........

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
  <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 You are not allowed to send
mail:sv20pub.verizon.net>

Any help greatly appreciated.

0
news

Check your domain at
www.dnsreport.com

Do you have a PTR for your mail server?

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 22:19:02 -0500, "news.microsoft.com" <tsa68@(remove
this first)verizon.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Got my exchange server 2003 up and running on a sbs 2003 std editon
>server. I can send email to anyone except for recipients on a verizon.net
>domain. I have already contacted verizon cust service and they were about
>as much help as....well.....you could probably guess.
>
>Here is the error........
>

>There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.
>Please contact your system administrator.
>  <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 You are not allowed to send
>mail:sv20pub.verizon.net>
>

>Any help greatly appreciated.

0
adavid (8731)
4/3/2005 3:51:54 AM
Andy David - Exchange MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com>
wrote:

>Check your domain at
>www.dnsreport.com
>
>Do you have a PTR for your mail server?

And, is your server using a dynamic IP address?

Also, check with Verizon and see what they'd need before they allow
you to send mail through their SMTP relays using a domain name other
than the ones they control.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

mail flow count
Hi everybody, Are you guys aware of a tool that counts all the incoming/outgoing e-mails for an Exchange organization? It will probably count all the e-mails from the transition logs or from the Message Tracking logs. Thanks, Sorin The products usually recommended are Promodag Reports and Quest MessageStats, although if you want to do something for free, try LogParser (www.logparser.com) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "SorinD" <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75FF3408-E4FA-4E...

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

Conditional Format Not Working
I have been using a simple red, yellow, green ICON Set to evaluate a field but the wrong icon comes up when the value matches the formula exactly. Rule: Green when value is >= cell 1 + cell 2 Yellow when < formula and >= cell 1 Red when < formula When the field value exactly matches cell 1 + cell 2, the icon comes up yellow instead of green. Note, if the rule for green is "when value >= cell 3" i.e. no formula, then the green icon shows up fine. Also note that it doesn't matter if the Type is "formula" or "number". Let me k...

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

Annotating received mail
Outlook 2003: I've just signed up for yet another account at some webpage and they've sent me an email with all my details - except the password of course. If this were real paper mail, I'd write a clue to the password on it before filing it. Is there an equivalent for a received email? I'm quite happy storing such notes in relatively obscure places such as the "Summary" page in file properties, but I'm not getting very far looking for any such place associated with an individual mail item. -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage)...

Exchange 2003 user restrictions
Hi, This is with regard to exchange 2003 server,I have installed exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server.My out going and incoming mail is working fine.But i have been asked to restrict users with regard to outgoing mails. can some one tell how t configure this. A) Some list of users are only allowed to send mails to specific domains.but for other List of users should able to send mails to any domains no restriction for this list of users. B) Some list of users are not allowed to send mail internally to some particulaer users,For example :-its like two different project project A to ...

unable to scroll the page

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

why doesn't this modification to XML receipt work?
how can i modify the fullpage.xml file so that if the sale is charged to the customer's store account, the title of the receipt is 'SALES INVOICE' - otherwise we want the title to be 'SALES RECEIPT'...i tried modifying the file as shown below without success: <IF><CONDITION> Tender.Descriptor.TenderType = 4 </CONDITION> <THEN> <TEXT> "SALES INVOICE" </TEXT> </THEN> <ELSE> <TEXT> "SALES RECEIPT" </TEXT> </ELSE> <...

Outlook 2003 'New Mail Desktop Alert' Doesn't Work
I have this option enabled in Outlook 2003 Advanced E-mail Options, running on WinXP Pro SP1, yet I've never once seen the actual Alert appear (transparent message box) when e-mail is received. The Preview Alert works fine. I have NAV 2003 Standard running with the Office Plug-in enabled & scanning of incoming & outgoing mails, yet the problem persists even when I disable the NAV Auto-Protect. Is there a conflict between the Outlook Alert & NAV 2003, or is it something else? the alerts don't fire if something is at full screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...