The error is

Sent: 2/9/2005 10:18 AM

  lasantha@gmail.com on 2/9/2005 10:36 AM
  The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security
policy in force
  <abc.com#5.7.0 smtp;552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment>

I use ISA 2000 as my firewall and I have enabled SMTP filering. But it is
not configured to block .zip files.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Lakmal

--
Luk
0

Looks like a gmail security setting, as I just tried to send a .zip file to
my gmail account and got the same message back.  I didn't know they blocked
zip files.  :)

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Lakmal" <Lakmal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I use an exchange server 2003 in my organization. The attachment size is
set
> to 5MB. When I try to send a mail with 800KB .zip attachment to a google
> account, it gets returned
>
> The error is

> Sent: 2/9/2005 10:18 AM

>   lasantha@gmail.com on 2/9/2005 10:36 AM
>   The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the
security
> policy in force
>   <abc.com#5.7.0 smtp;552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment>
>
> I use ISA 2000 as my firewall and I have enabled SMTP filering. But it is
> not configured to block .zip files.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Lakmal
>
> --
> Luk

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/9/2005 9:05:58 AM
Thanks Neil. I guess thats the reason. But I was able to send a .zip
attachment from another google acoount to the intended google account. Seems
like they allow it :)

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Looks like a gmail security setting, as I just tried to send a .zip file to
> my gmail account and got the same message back.  I didn't know they blocked
> zip files.  :)
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP

0
LakmalMCP (2)

Unable to open calendar

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

unable to scroll the page

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

Unable to conect

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail
Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working. Call my provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail. So I logge onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution. Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port number in use from 25 to 587. Also go the Sever tab and make sure the Authentication option is checked. -- dlburrell43 And what happened when you made those changes ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

In Outlook, a read receipt message wont send and wont delete
I've just installed Outlook 2003 and set up an e-mail account without a proper Reply E-mail address - it was blank. Then I received an e-mail requesting a read receipt and I let it go. But now my internet provider won't send the message - I'm getting: Task '...- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 553 From: address not verified; see http://www.rogershelp.com/verify-email' and also error ...

disappearing/reappearing .doc file attachment
I have come across some weird behavior that doesn't make any sense. It occured on a machine running windows xp pro with office xp pro. 1st message - Received an email with an MS Word attachment (file.doc). The message had a note in italics stating that a file had been attached and the message properties also showed that a file was attached, but when the message was opened no attachment is shown and there are no messages saying that it had been removed by outlook. Had the sender resend the attachment. 2nd message - Received and opened message. Attachment icon is there and attachment is op...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Double click to send cell to another app?
I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command... But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another window then does an Enter command. I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all, or anything that might do this. I doubt it is another application because I setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be tied to that spreadsheet somehow. Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is no...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Multiple send from
Hi I'm running Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 as a client. I have users with multiple alias email addresses (one mailbox with multiple SMTP aliases from differrent domains) Is there a way to configure so I can choose what will be the outgoing (my sender) email address from the client but without setting POP3 in the profile? Thank you Oren There is a utility at http://www.ivasoft.biz that will add this capability, which is not built into Outlook. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...