unable to see exchange tasks

My exchange 5.5 is running in main DC hosting the Active
Directory Database in the network.
As a first step to migrate from exchange 5.5 to 2000, I
installed Additional domain controller in a new machine
and transfered the role of GC to this machine. I
installed ADC, configured RCA and also run exchange 2000
setup with forestprep switch. I checked that the
replication was going fine.

When I run AD user and computer from this machine, I do
not see the exhange task and tabs. I have not installed
ADC in exchange 5.5 server which I think is not required
to migrate into exchange 2000.

Is there anything wrong can happen? Can I continue
installation of exchange 2000 or I should solve this
before?

Thanks
..

0
anonymous (74739)

You will not see the Exchange Tasks in AD Users and Computers until you have
Exchange Management Tools installed on the computer that you are using AD
U&C from.

Javier

"Brett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You will not see the exchange tabs until you actually install exchange
2000 with the exchange server management tools.

> Don't forget to do domainprep
>
> You can run orgprepcheck and check the log to see if the schema has been
prepared for exchange 2000

> Hope this helps,
> Brett

0
nonono1 (9)
2/13/2004 4:37:18 AM
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:37:18 -0500, NYC212 wrote:

> You will not see the Exchange Tasks in AD Users and Computers until you
> have Exchange Management Tools installed on the computer that you are
> using AD U&C from.

And where is the installer for these tools? I can't seem to find them...
0
bob.james (7)

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Removing Exchange 5.5 Servers
I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago. However, the two exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the exchnage 2003 box. The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown two years ago since hten. I tried turning back on but was unable to connect to the domain. It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain. It stated unable to connect to domain controller. in the past I had to use a host file to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that holds all the master roles. I also have an exchnage 5...

hide window from task bar
if I create a window using CreateEx, how can I prevent the window from showing up on the task bar? Thanks, Mark Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is here: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp --- Ajay thanks! I'm new to MFC... Cheers, Mark "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is > here: > > http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp > > --- > Ajay > > Welcome to MFC Mark. I think you'll find that MFC will help you create grea...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

Exchange 2003 user restrictions
Hi, This is with regard to exchange 2003 server,I have installed exchange 2003 on windows 2003 server.My out going and incoming mail is working fine.But i have been asked to restrict users with regard to outgoing mails. can some one tell how t configure this. A) Some list of users are only allowed to send mails to specific domains.but for other List of users should able to send mails to any domains no restriction for this list of users. B) Some list of users are not allowed to send mail internally to some particulaer users,For example :-its like two different project project A to ...

2003 exchange server
i keep geting an event id error 1362....The soruce is MSExchangeSRS and the category is LDAP Interface... Does anyone know what/how to fix this? hi guys, one of our java application need send report file as attachment to our client.we use exchange 2003 as SMPT server. when I send a file (named file1) uder C driver, such as C:\file1. when client receive it, the file name is changed to C_file1, the content of the file is all right. only the file name is automatically changed. any clue for this problem. there is no problem for Exchange5.5. thanks a lot peter ...

unable to scroll the page

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...

Unable to conect

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

mailing directly from publisher people reciveing see it incorrectl
I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I select send e.mail as attachment and when people recive this message it looks like it has 1 / 2 or even 3 parts to it and that they have not been put back together properly, the effect looks something like wallpaper and the pattern doesn't match - this makes for almost impossible reading - has any one else suffered this problem? Any ideas for a souloution Thanks iamsquid <iamsquid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I &g...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node