Unable to add Query-based Distribution Group to Public Folders Permissions

Hello.

I follow the following process to add a query-based distribution group
to the ACLs of a public folder:

Right Click on the folder -> Properties
Permissions Tab -> Client Permissions Button

Whenever I add a group, I press OK. As soon as I go back to check the
permissions, they have reverted to defaults. I can add individual users
and simple distribution groups, but not query-based ones. Any ideas?

Rob Vella
rob@absnetworks.com

0
robvella (1)

Query-based distribution groups can not be security principals.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822897

Mariah

<robvella@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello.
>
> I follow the following process to add a query-based distribution group
> to the ACLs of a public folder:
>
> Right Click on the folder -> Properties
> Permissions Tab -> Client Permissions Button
>
> Whenever I add a group, I press OK. As soon as I go back to check the
> permissions, they have reverted to defaults. I can add individual users
> and simple distribution groups, but not query-based ones. Any ideas?
>
> Rob Vella
> rob@absnetworks.com

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

Maximun no of time we can break item permission on a site or list
Hi, We are planning to design a single share point site with around 250 document libraries. Inside each of these document libraries for each document we may need to break the permission of parent document library and assign unique permission to them. However we have a concern on maximum no of items either on a list or site for which we can break the parent permission like this and assign unique permission. Please provide inputs and suggestions on this. Thanks, Krishna I responded to this in another thread. Please do not cross post in these groups. -- Daniel...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

Reporting Services Permission Error
Recently I migrated our CRM Databases to a server running SQL 2005 from a box running SQL 2000. Our CRM Server is on a different box - and this box (CRM Server) is running reporting services for CRM. I updated the config file in Reporting Services to reflect the new server name. When running reports, I now get the following error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'DSNumandCurrency'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help SELECT permission denied on object 'fn_GetFormatStrings',...

Unable to Join Exchange 5.5 site
Hi all. We're a small company running an exchange 5.5 SP4 server and I'm trying to move to a new server due to hardware problems with the old server. I have a new server and want to put exchange 5.5 on it and simply join the current site and then move the mailboxes over. At any rate, during the install of 5.5 on the new server it stops with the error 'Error during directory replication. Restart the directory replication service. ID no: c1030b0d' Has anyone ever seen this one? I'm kinda stumped. Thanks in advance, Mike does this apply? http://support.microsoft.co...

Need to select rows to average based on a value in a different column
Below is an example of my spreadsheet. I'd like to find the average number of users for each "Day of the week" hour combination but I'm not even sure where to start. Date Hour DoW # Users 10/27/2003 10 Mon 11 10/27/2003 11 Mon 11 10/27/2003 13 Mon 10 10/27/2003 14 Mon 11 10/27/2003 15 Mon 9 10/27/2003 16 Mon 9 10/28/2003 8 Tue 5 10/28/2003 9 Tue 6 10/28/2003 10 Tue 4 10/28/2003 11 Tue 8 10/28/2003 13 Tue 7 10/28/2003 14 Tue 7 10/28/2003 15 Tue 7 10/28/2003 16 Tue 10 10/29/2003 8 Wed 7 10/29/2003 9 Wed 10 10/29/2003 10 Wed 11 10/...

Schedule a cmdlet / mail-disable a public folder
I have Exchange 2007 SP2 running on Windows 2008. I need to mail-disable a public folder at a certain date and time. Is there any way to schedule this operation? I have seen the cmdlet Disable-MailPublicFolder, but I haven't seen anything about scheduling a cmdlet unless it is already an option of a specific cmdlet. Can this cmdlet be scheduled? Is there a way to use Scheduled Tasks (Accessories | System Tools) in Windows with a cmdlet? If so, how would you invoke a cmdlet from what is essentially a command prompt? Thank you for your help with this. Hello Loga...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

public folder failed to move
Hi, I am doing SBS 2003 to 2008 migration. I am in the step of moving public folder to the destination server. No any error message, the move stop quickly. I checked Public folder instances, everthing is still there. What could be the problem? Need help! Thanks in advance! Lisa need to restart Exchange system manager, now it's empty now. :) "Lisa" wrote: > Hi, > > I am doing SBS 2003 to 2008 migration. I am in the step of moving public > folder to the destination server. No any error message, the move stop > quickly. I checked Publi...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders...
While attempting to move the .pst file to another computer, I missed the step advising to make a copy of this file to work with. When I cleared the file's Read-Only attribute the machine freaked and re-booted. When I tried to go back into Outlook I got the error box that said... "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the C:\Documents and Settings\ {name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ Outlook\Outlook.pst" Is the .pst file retrievable? Can I do some...

Add multiple new records based on quantity duplicating data
I am creating a simple form to allow a new user to list a part number and requested quantity. Upon executing a submit button, I would need the part number value added/duplicated into an existing table as many times as the requested quantity. However, the requested quantity can not exceed 999. Simplest solution if you are familiar with code would be to OpenRecordset, and AddNew in a loop. An alternative would be to create a table containing 999 records, and use it as the source table for an Append query statement, with criteria limiting it to the desired number. This link explains how t...

Query not returning all values
I need to redefine the date of entries to match a 24 hour schedule that starts and ends at 06:00 each day instead of 00:00. I haven't been able to find anything related in Access help files or the internet. So, I created a query with an IIf() statement that defines time<06:00 as the previous day ( NewDate: IIf(Hour([time])<6, [Date]-1, [Date]) ). This query works just fine unless I try to confine the results to a specific date using criteria ( [Enter a date], or Between [Start Date] And [End Date], or even Date()-1 ). Once I define criteria on the field, it only returns t...

Is possible to link statically to an application MFC based an OCX?
Is possible to link statically to an application MFC based an OCX? I have the source code of both application and ocx, and i want, if possibile ;-), link statically the Ocx into application: - To distribute only the EXE. - To avoid the installation/registration/deregistration of the ocx. - To allow execution of the EXE in a user profile without the permission to register the OCX and without the permission to install any software. Thank you very much, Fabry It appears you dont really want the OCX. Why not just have a DLL and export the functionality that you need and then link explicitly ...

How can you identify folders, using folder numbers?
Hi everybody, I've searched and searched and asked in the quasi-defunct yahoo exchange newsgroup, but I've never found an answer as to how I can actually utilize the folder identification information contained in Exchange error log events. An example is as such: Event: 1173 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Description: Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-1A42FF on database "First Storage Group\SG1 Mailbox1". It would be insanely useful if I could tell which folder 1-1A42FF is, so I can narrow down where the problem is occurring, you know?? Anyone...

Use query for row source
Similar to JHC message and I tried fredg recommendations with no luck. Running Office 2003 Professional Edition 2003 Converted database from 2000 to 2003 (problem existed in 2000 as well) Created Combo Box w/control wizard I can create the Combo Box usin the wizard, select required fields (only need one but tested to see if it happens w/all fields which it doesn't. I can see data for column one, primary key) and while still in the wizard, the combo box is displaying all information I'm looking for. Once I finalize wizard, switch to form view, the only data displayed in the comb...

Public folder #18
I have excange server 2003 with the clients running outlook 2003. I want to setup a public folder of contacts that people can see. I want these contacts to sync with exchange. I do not want the private contacts to sync only the public contacts to sync. How do I set this up? Than ks On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:09:28 -0800, gmckinley <gmckinley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have excange server 2003 with the clients running outlook 2003. I want to >setup a public folder of contacts that people can see. I want these contacts >to sync with exchange. I do not want the...

Mailbox permissions.
Hi, We run Exchange 2003 on a W2k3 Server in a W2k AD Domain. Single Site for both Domain and Exchange (i.e. AG). Both are in Native mode. Client used is outlook 2003. I have amended permissions on every users mailbox within outlook to allow out Managing Director to access everyones inbox as a reviewer. The same applies to every sent items. Every users also has editor access to everyone elses calendar. Problem is that the MD is now kicking off that she doesn't want users to have the ability to remove her from the permissions list for their inbox. I can't see how I can stop them doi...

Folders #7
I installed MSN Office 2003 trial. All of my mail folders below my in box went away. Is there a way to restore them? Will they be restored if I unistall 2003 and return to 2000? Danny Baudoin <dannyb56@msn.com> wrote: > I installed MSN Office 2003 trial. All of my mail folders > below my in box went away. Is there a way to restore them? > Will they be restored if I unistall 2003 and return to > 2000? Depends. If you overwrote your PST with another of the same name, then you're screwed. Search your HD for files with type ".pst", making sure you choose the...

How NOT to auto add email addresses?
I have MS Outlook 2000 and it automatically adds the email address of anyone I reply to. How do I make this stop? Thank you in advance, SilverRaven I don't have an installation of Outlook 2000 handy at the moment but it should be somewhere under tools->options->email options. If I remember right, it should be at the bottom of that dialog. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ...

how can i add the global fields on the windows using the modifier
Hi All how can i add the global fields on the windows. Sharat Mittakola You can't. Only fields from the linked table can be added to a window. For the rest you would have to make local fields and populate it via ADO. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "smittakola" <smittakola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BDA6D20-A423-44DB-B2E9-CD473E1068A2@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > how can i add the global fields on the windows. > > > Sharat Mittakola ...

Exporting Parameter Query to Excel with VBA
This problem seems so silly, I"m sure there is an easy answer: I have a parameter query set up. The user opens a form and picks the parameters they want from a drop down box. I want the results to go directly to a new excel workbook. I started with: DoCmd.OpenQuery "Q_Open_Orders_All", acViewNormal, acEdit DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdOutputToExcel DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Q_Open_Orders_All" But it's annoying because it opens the query, pauses, and then opens the spreadsheet. If I could just hide the query so it would stay in the background it would be perf...

Sent Items Folder..
Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. "shawn" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OlsOXU78HHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent > items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I > want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. > <sharp intake of breath> are you trying to cover up s...

update query
How can i build a query where all the rows having -. for example -1, or -2 etc, to be set to o ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200802/1 On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:43:35 GMT, "peljo via AccessMonster.com" <u19312@uwe> wrote: >How can i build a query where all the rows having -. for example -1, or -2 >etc, to be set to o ? Create a Query based on your table. On the Criteria line under the relevant field, put your criterion - for instance just -1 or IN (-1, -2) if you want all records with either of ...

unable to print from a secific word file
One of my frient forwarded a word 2003 file. But I could not print any pages from the file What happens when you try? Do you see an error message? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jayaprakash K" <Jayaprakash K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6DF1CB2-731C-47D4-8520-CF1C162448CA@microsoft.com... > One of my frient forwarded a word 2003 file. But I could not print any > pages > from the file ...

add calculating totals
I have a single table data base for inputing expenses I have two fields start and stop mileage I have a query to give mileage driven but how do add this calculation on a report All I get is invalid statement same query does pull other values do I have to have a separate query thanks Please provide some details. Maybe your query's SQL view, your control sources, and what you really want to display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Stephen" wrote: > I have a single table data base for inputing expenses > > I have two fields start and stop mi...