Unable to access OWA on new exchange server.

We have a native Exchange 2003 organization.We are using FE\BE setup for
OWA.We have a root forest domain and three child domains.We have just brought
up a new exchange server in one of the child domains.
We use redirected URL's for OWA.
The issue is this:
OWA for the users on the new exhange server ,from the FE servers in the root
domain works fine.
OWA from the FE server in the child domain works for all the exchange
servers in the forest but for the new exchange server.

There are no security failure  logs in the event viewer on the webmail server.
The EM is:
"You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your
domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again."

IIS W3svc logs have this:

2005-08-04 14:22:08 10.30.1.38 GET /exchange - 443 childdomain\texch
63.144.178.254
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)
401 5 0
2005-08-04 14:22:08 10.30.1.38 GET /exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp
url=https://external URL/exchange&reason=2 443 - 63.144.178.254
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322)
200 0 0

Any thoughts?
What does exchange&reason=2 imply?

Thanks for any help.
0
DiptiSeth (1)

did you ever find a resolution.  i am having the same issue.  chris
0
holcombc (1)
3/21/2006 7:50:07 PM
Chris

Not sure who this was going to but it came to the entire Newsgroup. Share
your problem or reply back to the original post.

Nue
"chris holcomb" <holcombc@ecu.edu> wrote in message
> did you ever find a resolution.  i am having the same issue.  chris

0
imaneophyte (3004)

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Unable to conect

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Removing Exchange 2000 #4
I'm migrating Exchange 2000 to an Exchange 2003 cluster and have hit a snag. I have migrated all public folders to the 2003 including the offline address book, OAB. ESM shows that the OAB is held only on 2003, but if I turn the Exchange 2000 server off users are unable to download the offline address book (error 0x80004005), so there must still be a copy or reference there somewhere, but where? If ESM is showing incorrect information, where can I view the correct information? I still have ADC replicating a legacy 5.5 server, using the SRS on the Exchange 2000 as SRS is not supported on...

Event ID: 8231 and 8213 in exchange 2003
Hello, running into multiple event errors on server always recurring the same 2, Every 5 minutes i get 3-4 new events with ID 8231; Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8231 Computer: RootServer Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Exchange_Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAIN-A,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=80040103. Taking provider offline. Every 25 minutes i get 1 new event with ID 8213; Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeF...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access
Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access , its in the ATTACHMENTS , after registering it will appear : http://access-forum.com/plus/viewtopic.php?t=189 Enjoyt ... ...