two PC's connecting to a single email account on Exchange 2003

I have setup a user with a office and a home PC.  When the home PC's Outlook
was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now the
old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC.  I don't think
this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am not
sure where to look.  Any suggestions will help.

Thanks,
Giff
0
Giff (4)

it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder.  How is the person
accessing the mailbox from home?  pop3?  that is the problem.  You'd be
better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the
Exchange mailbox...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Giff" <Giff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have setup a user with a office and a home PC.  When the home PC's
Outlook
> was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now the
> old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC.  I don't
think
> this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am not
> sure where to look.  Any suggestions will help.
>

> Thanks,
> Giff

0
sconkey (3059)
12/27/2005 11:12:39 PM
Actually the user is using a VPN and the account is an Exchange.  This is why
I am puzzled as to why the messages are not showing up on his office
machine...

"Susan" wrote:

> it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder.  How is the person
> accessing the mailbox from home?  pop3?  that is the problem.  You'd be
> better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the
> Exchange mailbox...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Giff" <Giff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have setup a user with a office and a home PC.  When the home PC's
> Outlook
> > was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now the
> > old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC.  I don't
> think
> > this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am not
> > sure where to look.  Any suggestions will help.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Giff

0
Giff (4)
12/27/2005 11:25:03 PM
one of the two profiles must be configured to deliver all mail to a personal
folder...I would check the configuration of each profile...

--

> Actually the user is using a VPN and the account is an Exchange.  This is
why
> I am puzzled as to why the messages are not showing up on his office
> machine...
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder.  How is the person
> > accessing the mailbox from home?  pop3?  that is the problem.  You'd be
> > better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the
> > Exchange mailbox...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Giff" <Giff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have setup a user with a office and a home PC.  When the home PC's
> > Outlook
> > > was configured it received the email from the Exchange server, but now
the
> > > old email messages don't show up in Outlook on the office PC.  I don't
> > think
> > > this is normal and it seems like it is probably an easy fix, but I am
not
> > > sure where to look.  Any suggestions will help.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Giff

0
sconkey (3059)
12/27/2005 11:29:00 PM
Thanks, I have asked the user to bring in the home PC.  I'll let you know
what I find.

"Susan" wrote:

> one of the two profiles must be configured to deliver all mail to a personal
> folder...I would check the configuration of each profile...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Giff" <Giff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Actually the user is using a VPN and the account is an Exchange.  This is
> why
> > I am puzzled as to why the messages are not showing up on his office
> > machine...
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > it was most likely downloaded to a personal folder.  How is the person
> > > accessing the mailbox from home?  pop3?  that is the problem.  You'd be
> > > better off with a VPN setup...that way, all the mail can stay in the
> > > Exchange mailbox...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "Giff" <Giff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Outlook
> the
> > > think
> not

0
Giff (4)

Money 2006: Recurring Mortgage Bill not matching Account Info
For some odd reason...which I can't figure out...my recurring bill for my mortgage does not match what I've put in the Loan Information, despite me updating the Loan Information with the correct info. Is there any way to get the two to properly match outside of recreating the entire mortage account (which would really suck in this case, since it is my mortgage and there's a decent amount of payment history there)? Thanks, Rik How are you categorizing the payments? There are two possible categories: "Loan Payment" under Expenses, and "Loan Payment:[mortgage]&quo...

Can SFO work with an IMAP connection?
This is tricky, We currently do not use an exchange server, and are using an IMAP connection. We want the ability to work offline with CRM 1.2. Is it possible in this configuration? Do I still need to install the SFO? Exchange is the only "supported" way of using CRM for email. In fact, you even need the Exchange Router to send outound email. You might be able to get the SFO client working for Offline use with an IMAP connection, but I'm not aware of anyone that has done this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------...

synchiing two computers?

Deleting old email account from Outlook
Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails addressed to my prior email address despite fact that prior ISP says they deactivated the account at my initial request (i.e. six months ago). I've gone trough the steps of Tools/email account, deleting the account onscreen, and my computer now does not list the prior account, but yet the emails keep coming. How do I kill this prior email account. Help much appreciated. Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails > addressed to my prior email addre...

Emails arriving completed
We are in the process of implimenting CRM with our company. Presently all emnail that arrive from a catch-all email, support@ourdomain.com, appears under the Activities section but they are listed with the status Completed by default, The person responsible for setting up CRM tell me that this is correct but it would seem to me that it's very difficult to know which emails should be actioned and which have already be dealt with. Any help so that or info that I can give back to my IT department would be very helpful. We are using CRM v1.2.3297.0 Our support emails are delivered t...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

QIF 2003 into 2008
Hi everyone. You'll see in an extended earlier thread that I've had no luck upgrading from 2003 Deluxe to 2008 Plus Deluxe. To my great frustration, I have no problems moving from Money 2003 to Quicken 2008... grrr.... One thing I'm trying as a last ditch effort is to export the individual accounts from Money 2003 as QIF files. I can import them into Money 2008, but about half of all the account entries are missing dates. To us, that renders them effectively useless. Anyone seen this before? Any idea why? Any info I can provide that might clarify this? ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Remove everyones local email signatures
We are getting a server based signal tool, how can we stop users having local signatures? Really theirs should be blank and the server based signature creator should take care of it. We are trialing www.exclaimer.com Consider installing the Microsoft Outlook group policy administrative template into Group Policy and see if you can disable users personal signatures from there. I know you can configure alot of Outlook properties via GPO with this template, however i'm not sure if it has the setting you need. It is worth looking into however! Oliver "Gonzo" <no@n...

Opening attachements from emails in outlook express
Outlook express is blocking access to all attachements on my emails even those that I know are 100% bona fide. I get the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments" next to the paperclip icon. I only set this up to receive my emails recently so may have made a mistake in the set up. Any ideas??? Thanks David Deal "David Deal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022301c3b2bc$4c78b240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook express is blocking access to all attachements on > my emails even those that I know are 100% bo...

Account Modifier and Users
Hi All I am planning to use the PSTL tool Account Modifier/Combiner to change my chart of accounts. I have 4 companies at Great Plains, and i know that i have to log out of the company i run the PSTL at but .. + can I use the tool simultaneously at more than one company .. or I have to go one by one ? + Do I have to logout all users at other companies (Comp1, Comp2) to run the tool for a specific company (Comp3) ? Regards Rami Rami: To answer your questions: 1.) Yes you can use the tool in multiple companies - I have before I started changing accounts via the import function and a spr...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Collected Email addresses
where can you edit the collected email addresses in Outlook 2002? What do you mean "collected?" Are you talking about the contacts folder? The in-box? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | where can you edit the collected email addresses in | Outlook 2002? No, I am talking about the addresses that it collects when=...

Express downloads all email accounts
Express insists on downloading emails to other user accounts setup on the same computer meaning individual addresses are meaningless - the addresses in question use the same pop3 account, but are unique within that account - any ideas please folks? Using OE ver 6.0 on XP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micr...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

connecting queries
SELECT MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectName, MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectActualWork,MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectBaseline0Cost, MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectBaseline0Work,ProjectBaseline0StartDate,ProjectBaseline0FinishDate,ProjectModifiedDate FROM MSP_EpmAssignment INNER JOIN MSP_EpmProject_UserView ON MSP_EpmAssignment.ProjectUID = MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectUID SELECT MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectName, MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectActualWork,MSP_EpmProject_UserView...

Outlook Express not connecting to msnews.microsoft.com
I am trying to connect to the Microsoft Newsgroups at msnews.microsoft.com using outlook express 6 on Windows XP. However, it is saying "could not connect to the server". This is when the net connection is working alright and i am sending this message through the same connection using web based discussion forum interface. S N wrote: > I am trying to connect to the Microsoft Newsgroups at > msnews.microsoft.com using outlook express 6 on Windows XP. > However, it is saying "could not connect to the server". > This is when the net connection is working alright...

E-mail account settings location
Hi, this is my first post. :) I got an image file of a computer that had outlook 2003. I need to fin the e-mail account settings (pop3, smtp, login name and so one) an import those into 3 fresh outlook 2003 instalations. A drive letter was assigned to the image file, so i can brownse th computer's content (ie C:) but i can't boot from it nor start hi outlook to export anything. I looked for an IAF file with no sucess. Does anyone know where can find those settings? Thank you! Leonardo bloodpytho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted v...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....