two exchange servers, one calendar view?

Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange
calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that
can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another
company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told
her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your
default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through
the carcks and create larger headaches down the road.
0
Dan4650 (795)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange
>calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that
>can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another
>company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told
>her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your
>default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through
>the carcks and create larger headaches down the road.

Why not create a group calendar for this project in a public folder?
0
adavid (8731)
9/6/2005 5:18:50 PM
If such an add-on exists, it would show up in http://www.slipstick.com.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange
> calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons
> that
> can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another
> company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I
> told
> her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your
> default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip
> through
> the carcks and create larger headaches down the road.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/6/2005 5:25:55 PM

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange
> >calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that
> >can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another
> >company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told
> >her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your
> >default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through
> >the carcks and create larger headaches down the road.
>

> Why not create a group calendar for this project in a public folder?

This is two different organizations. We don't share access to each other's
Exchange server, so if I were to create a public folder on our server, the
other company would not be able to access it.

I found this program yesterday:

http://www.amrein.com/apps/page.asp?Q=403

Looks like it would do the job, but it needs to be installed at both
locations, which can be tricky if you have a less than responsive IT dept on
the other end.
0
Dan4650 (795)
9/7/2005 2:05:02 PM
If all you need is free/busy, then check out the free Microsoft "Interorg"
tool.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange
> calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons
> that
> can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another
> company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I
> told
> her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your
> default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip
> through
> the carcks and create larger headaches down the road.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

microsoft news server
Hi all. I have no idea where to ask this extremely simple question, and Microsoft tech support has been completely unhelpful. I have MSN premium service through Qwest, and MSN is my ISP. I want to subscribe to non-microsoft product related newsgroups, and I assume that MSN provides newsgroup access, but no one can tell me what the name of the news server is. Does anyone know? I want access to alt, rec, and those kind of newsgroups. Tartarus "Tartarus Sanctus" <tartarus@rome.it> wrote in message news:OSR%23Di9BGHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all. I have no ide...

Circular Link Errors in Server
Hello, I've opened a master plan and I have duplicate links in the predecessors...that's right...exact duplicates! I delete one of the links and it tells me that I cannot delete the link because there is a circular reference. I remove both links and again, it tells me there is a circular reference and I cannot do that. There are no linked summary bars. Has anyone encountered these "fake" circular links in a master plan? Thanks! Sandra Sandra: I hear people complain about "Fake" or "False" circular relationships all the ...

Exchange like hotmail
Hi, Exist some way to configure the Exchange server in order to create email accounts like hotmail does? It could be though 3th party sw. Tks a lot for the advice. regards, rcast In the last exciting episode, "Administrator" <administrator@domoti-k.com> wrote: >Hi, >Exist some way to configure the Exchange server in order to create email >accounts like hotmail does? >It could be though 3th party sw. >Tks a lot for the advice. Yes, www.korea.com does this for over 1 million users. Microsoft has a sample (very basic) provisioning framework and there are some ...

Old DPM server can still manage moved protection server
Recently I needed to move some protected servers from DPM1 to DPM2. So on the protected servers I successfully ran the SetDPMServer.exe command to point it to DPM2. Then on DPM2, I ran the Attach- ProductionServer.ps1 cmdlet. I've done this dozens of times and all the commands worked fine. I created a protection group for the protected server on DPM2, the replicas were created successfully, and backups are fine. However back on DPM1, the protected server still shows up as OK under Management -> Agents. This must have happened last week as well, because I did the same process ...

synchiing two computers?

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Error restoring Exchange Infostore
I get the following message when trying to restore my Exchange Information Store after a failed migration. I want to restore my original box but cannot seem to do so. I get the following message. The specified server is not a Microsoft Exchange Server or its Microsoft Exchange Services are not started restore. All the services are still running on the original machine. I am not sure why it is not reading it as an Exchange Server. Please help. "All the services are still running on the original machine." Go to the backup tab - choose Tools -> Remote Store (I kow its remote s...

Unable to view some Excel files on Network
I am running Office 97 Pro on a Windows 98 Workstation on a Novel network. We have applied all the patches that we know of to bot Office and Windows 98. Upon roll out the user notified me that sh cant get into a certain file for her to do her jobI have uninstalle Office and rebuilt this machine and still get an illegal operation error. The error says "EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in modul EXCEL.EXE at 016f:30002924". No-one including network administrator can access certain Excel documents that are stored on the network fro a certain computer but other documents are fine. I...

Bug in Exchange 2003?
Hi! I have problem with secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers. I can create a secure POP3 or IMAP4 virtual server without any problem. The secure virtual server starts also successfully. BUT, if I stop this virtual server and try to start it, the virtual server cannot be startet. Then there is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. There is also NO virus scanner w...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Server side rules not working after SP2 update
I am running Exchange 2003 Ent SP2 on a Windows 2003 Ent server. Clients are all Outlook 2003 SP2 on XP Pro SP2 I have many rules created within several User accounts to move incoming email into public folders. This worked fine until I applied Exchange SP2. Now all these rules act as if they are client-side and require Outlook to remain open to function. When I create a new rule to move an incoming email into a public folder I do not get a pop-up stating this is a client-side rule. Rules moving email into other folders within a mailbox remain server-side. Only the rules moving ema...

viewing questions
Is there a way to sort the questions by date. I cannot figure out how the questions are ordered. It's not by date, it's not by alpha, it's not by popular - there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it. If you access the forum directly from the server http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm you can sort them in any way you like. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

Exchange 2007 SCL rating
Hello I have setup a quarantine mailbox, and configured all the content filters. Eveything seems to be working, but when i look at the SCL rating on a quarantined email in the quarantined inbox the SCL rating is -1. This cant be correct, because emails with an SCL rating that =7 get quarantined, so it appears that i cam not seing the real SCL rating on the email. how can i expose this ? i know i can look at the headers of the eamil but uit says -1 not 7 as it should SCL rating of -1 is assigned to authenticated senders, as also senders on Safe Sender lists, from IP addresses on IP ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

1000 object limit on Exchange query
Hi all: I have found lots of info on this topic, but just can't figure out how to put it all together. The script shown below hits a hard stop at 1000 mailbox aliases. I know that there is a limit on the number of objects returned by a query (1000), but I can't find the exact code that will overcome the limit. What piece do I need to add to this to make it work? The original script is located at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding-Events-Multiple-Mailboxes-Exmerge.html if you want to see what I'm trying to do. It works perfectly...except the script stops at 1000 and...

How to have different environments in same server
We need to have different environments to deployment: demo, development, and production. Is there any way to deploy different environment in the same server, using for example, different SQL Server Instances, and different IIS Virtual Servers? This just isn't possible. Only one Crm instance can be installed per server. The way to setup this up on one hardware box is to use Virtual PC or Virtual server. And just create a new virtual image for each environment you want to use. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "P.Igualada" wrote: &g...

Migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips and tricks on doing this migration. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.workthin.com Please try the follwin links below. If 2003 information is scarce I would look at what it says for 2000 version of Exchange. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_06/magazine/departments/productroundup/ "Marc jacobs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e...

Exchange 2003 SP2 database size
I have made the registry changes suggested (using decimal format) and stopped and started the information store service, but the best practices analyzer tool still reports total mailbox storage on servers enumerated: 14 gb. Event log id 1221 shows only 95mb space. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Exchange is in mixed mode environment and I still have one 5.5 server. Does this matter?) When you restarted the store there should have been an event id 1216 telling you the max size of the db. What does your's say? Nue "Lisa M" <LisaM@di...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...