Two Exchange Profiles for one person

I have a problem in that I need to set up to "individuals" under exchage that
are in fact the same person and have that person access either profile
(XP-Pro office 2003) with out needing to log in as either "individual" each
time he changes between the two outlook profiles.

I believe it can be done using accounts but the user has an issue with
remembering to select the right account and sending emails out from the wrong
version of himself is not an option. Hence the use of two separate outlook
profiles to handle the two separate instances of himself. The problem is he
will also expect not to have to log in each time he changes profile (given
that when you have one it remembers your password).

Is there a way to do this? (hoping there is)

If  I understand this correctly, you should be able to do this by creating
another mail enabled user, and then giving this user Full Mailbox rights to
it.  You should then be able to configure a MAPI profile under outlook, and
her should be able to open the mailbox, without having to log off the
workstation...

"Corin Brearley" <CorinBrearley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem in that I need to set up to "individuals" under exchage
>that
> are in fact the same person and have that person access either profile
> (XP-Pro office 2003) with out needing to log in as either "individual"
> each
> time he changes between the two outlook profiles.
>
> I believe it can be done using accounts but the user has an issue with
> remembering to select the right account and sending emails out from the
> wrong
> version of himself is not an option. Hence the use of two separate outlook
> profiles to handle the two separate instances of himself. The problem is
> he
> will also expect not to have to log in each time he changes profile (given
> that when you have one it remembers your password).
>
> Is there a way to do this? (hoping there is)

0
tfelts1 (344)
3/17/2005 4:09:48 PM
sounds promising I'll give it a go

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> If  I understand this correctly, you should be able to do this by creating
> another mail enabled user, and then giving this user Full Mailbox rights to
> it.  You should then be able to configure a MAPI profile under outlook, and
> her should be able to open the mailbox, without having to log off the
> workstation...
>

> "Corin Brearley" <CorinBrearley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a problem in that I need to set up to "individuals" under exchage
> >that
> > are in fact the same person and have that person access either profile
> > (XP-Pro office 2003) with out needing to log in as either "individual"
> > each
> > time he changes between the two outlook profiles.
> >
> > I believe it can be done using accounts but the user has an issue with
> > remembering to select the right account and sending emails out from the
> > wrong
> > version of himself is not an option. Hence the use of two separate outlook
> > profiles to handle the two separate instances of himself. The problem is
> > he
> > will also expect not to have to log in each time he changes profile (given
> > that when you have one it remembers your password).
> >
> > Is there a way to do this? (hoping there is)

Or just give them send and recieves as rights to the other mailbox. Then
they can open the inbox and see what is there and reply or send as
> sounds promising I'll give it a go
>
> "Tom Felts" wrote:
>
>> If  I understand this correctly, you should be able to do this by
>> creating
>> another mail enabled user, and then giving this user Full Mailbox rights
>> it.  You should then be able to configure a MAPI profile under outlook,
>> and
>> her should be able to open the mailbox, without having to log off the
>> workstation...
>>

>> "Corin Brearley" <CorinBrearley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have a problem in that I need to set up to "individuals" under exchage
>> >that
>> > are in fact the same person and have that person access either profile
>> > (XP-Pro office 2003) with out needing to log in as either "individual"
>> > each
>> > time he changes between the two outlook profiles.
>> >
>> > I believe it can be done using accounts but the user has an issue with
>> > remembering to select the right account and sending emails out from the
>> > wrong
>> > version of himself is not an option. Hence the use of two separate
>> > outlook
>> > profiles to handle the two separate instances of himself. The problem
>> > is
>> > he
>> > will also expect not to have to log in each time he changes profile
>> > (given
>> > that when you have one it remembers your password).
>> >
>> > Is there a way to do this? (hoping there is)

0
mitch3952 (134)

Exchange like hotmail
Hi, Exist some way to configure the Exchange server in order to create email accounts like hotmail does? It could be though 3th party sw. Tks a lot for the advice. regards, rcast In the last exciting episode, "Administrator" <administrator@domoti-k.com> wrote: >Hi, >Exist some way to configure the Exchange server in order to create email >accounts like hotmail does? >It could be though 3th party sw. >Tks a lot for the advice. Yes, www.korea.com does this for over 1 million users. Microsoft has a sample (very basic) provisioning framework and there are some ...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

synchiing two computers?

Error restoring Exchange Infostore
I get the following message when trying to restore my Exchange Information Store after a failed migration. I want to restore my original box but cannot seem to do so. I get the following message. The specified server is not a Microsoft Exchange Server or its Microsoft Exchange Services are not started restore. All the services are still running on the original machine. I am not sure why it is not reading it as an Exchange Server. Please help. "All the services are still running on the original machine." Go to the backup tab - choose Tools -> Remote Store (I kow its remote s...

limited number of adresses in personal distribution list
Hello all, we moved mailboxes from an ex2000 server to an ex2003 server. Now some users (all Outlook 2003) have problems with their distribution lists in their contacts folder. With ex2000 they had no problem. Now they can't use these lists anymore: "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server". According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238569 there is a limit of 8 kB on the server. What changed when migrating from ex2000 to ex2003 ???? Is there any workaround ??? Regards, Peter kerkhofs ...

Bug in Exchange 2003?
Hi! I have problem with secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers. I can create a secure POP3 or IMAP4 virtual server without any problem. The secure virtual server starts also successfully. BUT, if I stop this virtual server and try to start it, the virtual server cannot be startet. Then there is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. There is also NO virus scanner w...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Exchange 2007 SCL rating
Hello I have setup a quarantine mailbox, and configured all the content filters. Eveything seems to be working, but when i look at the SCL rating on a quarantined email in the quarantined inbox the SCL rating is -1. This cant be correct, because emails with an SCL rating that =7 get quarantined, so it appears that i cam not seing the real SCL rating on the email. how can i expose this ? i know i can look at the headers of the eamil but uit says -1 not 7 as it should SCL rating of -1 is assigned to authenticated senders, as also senders on Safe Sender lists, from IP addresses on IP ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

1000 object limit on Exchange query
Hi all: I have found lots of info on this topic, but just can't figure out how to put it all together. The script shown below hits a hard stop at 1000 mailbox aliases. I know that there is a limit on the number of objects returned by a query (1000), but I can't find the exact code that will overcome the limit. What piece do I need to add to this to make it work? The original script is located at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding-Events-Multiple-Mailboxes-Exmerge.html if you want to see what I'm trying to do. It works perfectly...except the script stops at 1000 and...

Migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips and tricks on doing this migration. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.workthin.com Please try the follwin links below. If 2003 information is scarce I would look at what it says for 2000 version of Exchange. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_06/magazine/departments/productroundup/ "Marc jacobs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Exchange 2003 SP2 database size
I have made the registry changes suggested (using decimal format) and stopped and started the information store service, but the best practices analyzer tool still reports total mailbox storage on servers enumerated: 14 gb. Event log id 1221 shows only 95mb space. What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Exchange is in mixed mode environment and I still have one 5.5 server. Does this matter?) When you restarted the store there should have been an event id 1216 telling you the max size of the db. What does your's say? Nue "Lisa M" <LisaM@di...

Importing Office data file into Personal Folder
Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst" but file type Office data file. I have tried without success, using DB 287837, to convert the Office data file to an Outlook data file, but the conversion is not reflected in Win Explorer. Any suggestions? -- Chuck In news:188E8BDE-23D4-4907-86C7-6686B8CDE57E@microsoft.com, CTW67 <CTW67@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import > to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst&...

Personal Backup Folder Utility
I do not see the "Backup" option under File in Outlook after a successful install. - I did not receive any errors during installation. - I'm running Windows 2000 - I'm NOT an admin to the machine but it installed successfully. - The Utility is in the ad\remove programs. - Itried online and offline and still no Backup option in File menu.. Please assist. ...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Sharing Calendar in exchange 2003
can somone explain me how to shared the new calendar not the default calendar & how many types we can share the calander. On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:00:39 -0800 (PST), neelu <neelendra1@gmail.com> wrote: >can somone explain me how to shared the new calendar not the default >calendar & how many types we can share the calander. My advice? Don't share anything but the built-in folders unless you are sharing your entire mailbox (e.g., full mailbox rights) with the whole company. You would have to give them the permissions they need oin the calendar, and also make ...

Exchange 5.5 Event ID 1160
We have been experiencing event 1160 on our exchange server over the last month and a half. two weeks ago we downloaded hotfix 821543 - Perfwiz.exe. The errors went away for two weeks, but showed up again - Missing contacts in Outlook and the IMC locked up. Anyone experience any issues with this particular event? Hi, This might help: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1160&eventno=2067&source=MsExchangeIS&phase=1 Leif "TD Wilson" <TDWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F514589-089B-4306-902B-EE5759D2E9BD@microsoft.com... > We...

Copying Formulas from One Worksheet to Another -- Very Easy Questi
I have a worksheet which has a bunch of formulas in rows (i.e. data entered in columns C through F result in formulas results in columns G through whatever). All I want to do is to copy a row and move the formulas into another worksheet while keeping the references to the original worksheet intact. So: =COUNTIF(G$3:G301,G301) becomes... =COUNTIF(Data!G$3:G301,Data!G301), or however you lock the worksheet down. I'm copying from row 300 in the original to Row 2, to make things a little more complicated, but isn't there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! "Rothman"...

Moving Exchange to another Drive on same server
I need to move exchange from the C: system drive to E: data drive on the same server box I am using windows server 2003 and Exchange 2003. thanks for the help Corey In news:E426BD3E-61CB-4BB1-B13A-FA1A3CDC22B8@microsoft.com, WSB Corey <WSBCorey@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I need to move exchange from the C: system drive to E: data drive on > the same server box I am using windows server 2003 and Exchange 2003. > thanks for the help > Corey Move Exchange? Meaning what, exactly? If you just want to move the logs & stores, that's easy: http://support.micros...