Two address/one box

Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses.  Now some people
are not receiving their email.  Can we have two email addresses going into
one email box?  How?  Please be specific as I am new at this.
Thanks!
0
SAM4137 (239)

You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry
can't remember which tab)

"Sam" wrote:

> Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses.  Now some people
> are not receiving their email.  Can we have two email addresses going into
> one email box?  How?  Please be specific as I am new at this.
> Thanks!
0
Jayan (4)
7/21/2005 2:08:06 PM

In news:AC2F55AE-4CB2-43D3-892A-434FD8AE4193@microsoft.com,
Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses.

What kind of crash, how did you recover from it, and what kind of changes
did you make to email addresses?

>   Now some
> people are not receiving their email.

Do the users have the correct SMTP addresses in their mailbox properties? Is
your recipient policy set up properly?

> Can we have two email
> addresses going into one email box?  How?  Please be specific as I am
> new at this.

Please mention your version of Exchange as well as any other pertinent info.

> Thanks!

0
lanwench (7566)
7/21/2005 4:01:46 PM
"Jayan" <Jayan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry
>can't remember which tab)

"E-Mail Addresses".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

VBA Cell Addressing
I've got what must be a simple addressing problem but it's driving me crazy. I can create a simple macro that just looks like: Sub TestMacro ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Sub And it does exactly what I'd expect. It plugs a value into the cell to the right of the cursor. Now if I try to do the similar thing with a Function instead of a Macro it just refuses to co-operate. For example: Function TestFunct(CellRef) ActiveCell(1,2) = "Done" End Function This will croak with a #VALUE! error. Likewise: Function TestFunct(CellRef...

synchiing two computers?

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

validating an e-mail address in excel
what's the formula or reg i should use in excel spreadsheet to validate a e-mail address of the format xxxxxx...@XXXX.XXX I donno how i shud do ti ..cud someone please help? Thanx in advance You could validate it to check to see if the string contains an "@" and contains a "." somewhere after the "@". Try: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(FIND("@",A1)),ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1,FIND ("@",A1)+1))),"valid e-mail","no") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >what's the formula or reg i should use in excel ...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

Can't find "Password to open" box in Excel 2000
I need to put a password on a workbook to stop unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box in to tools->options->general dialog box That's because it's not in Tools/Options/General in the Excel menu. You need to select File/Save As, then click Tools, General Options in the save as dialog. >-----Original Message----- >I need to put a password on a workbook to stop >unauthorized access but can't find "Password to open" box >in to tools->options->general dialog box >. > ...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Select cheques
When you are building a batch of cheques for one creditor and you add to the batch several payments the payments print out on seperate remittances even though you have specified to print one cheque per creditor. You have to go to edit payments to put all the payments on the one remittance advice. Can this additional funtionality be added to this screen. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

All Replies from One Account Regardless of Which Received
I have two accounts set up in Outlook 2007. I want to receive mail via one but when I hit reply have OL automatically use the other. I have already set the other as the default account in TOOLS-- ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Is this possible and if so how? No it is not possible automatically. Outlook used the receiving account = to send by default. You would need to change it manually for each item = you send (use the Accounts button). --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, BigK asked: | I have two acco...

Address book access problem
I have migrated my old vista laptop to my new Windows 7 laptop and can not get contacts to show up in the address area. Need help. -- Pecan Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using, or one related to Windows. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pecan@bigpond.com" <pecanbigpondcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...

Printing Members of Distribution List and Email addresses
Hi Folks, We just recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Is there an easy way to get a print out of members of a distribution list and their email address? Used to be a bear in 5.5 so I'm hoping MS made it easier in Exchange 2003. Thanks for your help. Zach You'll need to get this information from Active Directory now. I wrote a small and basic script to do this a few years back which you can find here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/dumping_group_m.html I'm sure you can modify this to suit your needs, or have a trawl around for more ad...

Collected Email addresses
where can you edit the collected email addresses in Outlook 2002? What do you mean "collected?" Are you talking about the contacts folder? The in-box? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Peter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | where can you edit the collected email addresses in | Outlook 2002? No, I am talking about the addresses that it collects when=...

two variables
I have a query that asks for collcode, collcode2 and booth. On any given day an employee may be collcode or collcode2. I would like to know how many times a certain emp has been paired with another employee. So how do I ask if an employee has been collcode/collcode2 and who the other person was? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help Query one: SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Booth FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT CollCode2, CollCode, Booth FROM YourTable Query Two SELECT CollCode, CollCode2, Count(CollCode) AS TIMESPAIRED FROM QueryOne GROUP BY CollCode, CollCode2 IF y...

Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time
Hi all, I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0 and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing two the same PCI devices with my stream driver. The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\ Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone know what the problem is? The following information is my registry setting: ================================================================== [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv] "Dll"="myd...

Comparing two lists for matches
Hi, I am trying to do the following: There are two sets of supplier lists - A List and B List. I need to compare the two lists. Source A is my master. Source B is a subset of that but has contact information for all the suppliers. Hence, my goal is to retrieve the contact information from Source B and match it to the suppliers of Source A. The above can be easliy achieved using a vlookup funtion. But the problem is that some of the supplier names in the two lists are not exact matches. Hence, vlookup does not catch it. For instance, a supplier is listed as ABC Inc. in A list and as ABC, inc....

A challenge for you? Querying one sheet against another
First thing I should point out is: I don't have access to Access therefore Excel is my only route towards what I'm looking for, which is... I need to compare my mobile phone bill (downloaded into a worksheet from my online account pages) with the contents of my 'Contacts' exported from Outlook. The contacts will be exported so that only my 'work' phone numbers are in the worksheet, I then need to be able to compare this with my bill's sheet and pull out (query > report) any phone calls with numbers that match - the total time of these 'matched' calls wi...

multiple email addresses into the same inbox
I blew it... when I first set up this was working fine, two email addresses that came into my common primary inbox. but they were POP and I wanted to change to IMAP... so I deleted them and then added 'new' accounts... now... I have three inboxes... help! IMAP will always add its own inbox(es). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, celia asked: ...

Two copies of all Mailboxes
Using my sbs2003 srver with exchange 2003 installed - I notice two copies of all users mail box in the list of mailboxes using outlook 2003 on the same server. When I try to close these I get an error syaing mail boxes in use. I cn not remove them. Can you tell me how to remove these so I have just on mail box visible per user? thx Kevin Cain Class TECHNOLOGY ...

Compare two lists of names
Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the other is first name last? try this formual: =RIGHT(TRIM(E2),LEN(E2)-FIND(" ",E2))&" "&TRIM(LEFT(TRIM(E2),FIND(" ",E2))) it will convert First name last name to last name, first name or Visa versa. then you can compare your lists. "ea" wrote: > Can you compare two lists of names where one list is last name first and the > other is first name last? ...

How do I create a chart on two axes with two lines and a bar
I am trying to compare two final stock prices to the average volume. So, teh left axes would have the numbers for the stock prices, and the right axes would have the volume. The two stock prices would be lines using the left, and the volume a bar using the right. I can do one line and one bar, but I can't figure out two lines. Can anyone help? Forget the built in custom types. It's better to build your own. Create your chart using all the data, to produce a chart with three line series all on the primary axis. Select the Volume series, and on the Chart menu, use Chart Type to ch...