Turn off Out of Office Assistant as an Administrator

Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in?
Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me.
0
Collin (4)

3rd party products like:

http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Collin" <Collin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to turn of ooa for a user from an administrator snap-in?
> Connecting to the users mailbox seems a little too clumsy to me.

0
neil.hobson (1158)

College research project
Hi All! I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses. It's for MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible. Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too. There is no personal information asked for. Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks, John From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> | Hi All! | | I'm conducting a survey for my co...

Installing Office 2007 onto multiple destops onthe same computer
I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my desktop. Office 2007 products don't show up on my wife's and son's desktop and within their programs choices. Log in to the Administrator account, repair / reinstall Office "Hammer Man" <Hammer Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FFDE5E7-28B2-4D42-87C2-5F04D862EA44@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, > Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my deskto...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
My office data became corrupt, went from blue to gray, I contacted support and learned I had to pay to resolve this issue. I uninstalled it, and when I went to reinstall it I get an error message. And it won't install. Can anyone out there help me? I'm an author I need help Thanks WSithout more detailed information, you make it difficult for us to help. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "The Author" <The Author@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90EEC801-8F5...

Office 2008: Slow, slow, slow (am I the only one?)
I've been lurking in the Mac Office groups for a few weeks now to see what people are saying about the new version of Office, specifically how sluggish it is. Oddly, I'm finding very few posts talking about this. On my MacBook Pro, the Office apps (even after the last patch and without any font overload or 3rd-party font manager) load very slowly, to the point where I'm reluctant to use them. So, I guess the question I have is: Am I the only one having this problem (or is this problem just a given)? Thanks. Doug On 4/1/08 11:31 AM, in article a14ca1c6-ceb8-4fd3-85c9-e69fef3111b1@...

Office 2003 EULA persists
After installing and activating (online) Office 2003 Basic, the EULA pops up when ever sending an Outlook email or opening any Office application. How can this nag be stopped ? Thanks Log on as Administrator, accept, then go back to the user account. "Steve Bruce, mct" <swb_mct@msn.com> wrote in message news:OlQkJKtjFHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After installing and activating (online) Office 2003 Basic, the EULA pops > up when ever sending an Outlook email or opening any Office application. > > How can this nag be stopped ? > > Thanks > T...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

New Administrative Group or new mail/pf store?
We have a domain with a single AG that contains a mailbox store and a public folder store that uses addresses like company.com. Now my boss wants me to put a public folder for company.ca for our Canadian customers. We do have a web presence for our Canadian customers, but no employees in Canada. What I'm trying to decide now is if I need to setup an entire new AG, or just a new mail/pf store in the existing AG. Is the latter possible? Thanks to all that take the time to respond. sax I think you're trying to setup a different PF tree for your Canadian customers. You can accompli...

Mail merging from Excel to Publisher or Word (office XP)
I am a teacher in a Sheffield UK school teaching GCSE. Part of the requirement this year is to mail merge into either Publisher or Word from an Excel spreadsheet. Did the same last year with no problem (office 2000) but with Office XP now have strange results. Mail merged figures (results of formula) now unexpectedly develop either 4 decimal places when merged to Word, or up to eight in Publisher. i.e 14.67 goes to 14.6667 or 14.66666667, This in spite of formating to two decimal places and/or roundup. My solution is to manually convert the numbers to text but this can't be right...

Downloading Office in Tiger
I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? In article <1178821025.185743.188050@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, alicia_roos@yahoo.com wrote: > I am trying to download Office 2001 version 9.0 on Tiger. My problem > is however that Office keeps trying to download onto Classic not > Tiger. Is there a way to get the programs to install on Tiger? Office 2001 is a Classic application. The first MacOS X version of Office was Offi...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Auto Reply Out of Office Notice
I cannot figure out how to get an auto reply with an "out of office" message to work in outlook. Any ideas? ...

volume licensing for Office won't work
we just received what is supposed to be 3 licenses for Office. Prior to getting the licenses someone on our building attempted to install a copy of Office that was already on a Mac in the building anf got a message that the copy is already in use. After getting rid of the old copy and installing Office from the new cd provided I am getting the same message even though we are suposed to have a license for it. Has anyone delat with this and know how to get around it. Word just closes down after opening it. None of the number I have been given for Microsoft seem to cover the help I need a...

Access programming and Open Office Calc
Hi I have written a large application in Access 2003. In some parts of the system I have coded it to output reports to Excel. The problem is, I distribute this application to 50 pcs and not all of them have Excel installed. I was hoping to re-write the application to output to Open Office Calc. Is there VB script anywhere to give me pointers on how to do this? Please help. If Im right off track here, can you sudjest any other ways of running an application which outputs to Excel but only when Excel is present. Thanks in advance To be honest I've never encountered a computer that had A...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Transferring Office 2003
I just bought a new mini computer for travelling however it does not have an internal CD drive and I want to transfer my Office 2003 on it. I have all my installation media CD's. I don't want to purchase an external drive at $80 to $100 just for this one step so can I transfer this to a flash key and install it in my computer. Thanks "MAC MAN" <MACMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54831B3B-5151-447E-9271-EBF0C913CC5A@microsoft.com... > I just bought a new mini computer for travelling however it does not have > an > intern...

Problem with running Office:Mac 2008 Installer
I'm curious about what gets installed by the Office 2008 Special Media Edition installer AFTER it runs the installer script near the end that puts icons of the applications in the Dock. My Office Mac 2008 installer crashed viciously at that point and took out the Finder with it so I had to do a hard restart to get my computer running again. (2.8 GHz Intel iMac, Tiger 10.4.11). I don't want to do a complete re-install of Office 2008 but I'm wondering if anything important might be missing. The applications all seem to work OK. When I installed Office: mac 2008, I got an error messa...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Out Of Office #6
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook XP. Is there a way to set the Out Of Office Assistant, and have it kept on, even when you check email through Outlook Web Access (The Outlook XP Client will remain at work). Thanks! -Blake Once the OOOA has been configured, it will continue running until you turn it off, even if you are checking your email. When the user opens their maibox, they should be prompted as to whether they want to keep their OOOA or not. "Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387501c4a628$5fca90b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We have ...

Mac Office 2004 for Student and Teacher
I am taking a course in an adult education program. Does this qualify me to use the Student and Teacher edition of Office Mac 2004 for Student and Teacher. What steps do I have to take after purchase to authorize it's use and activate it? In article <038f01c48fa7$66706990$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Gene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am taking a course in an adult education program. Does > this qualify me to use the Student and Teacher edition of > Office Mac 2004 for Student and Teacher. What steps do I > have to take after purchase to a...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...