Turn off Client message server side

I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers
on the server aide.  Is that possible?  We have users how gets messages
through the day about the exchange server.  Can I turn this off server side?

0
ajohnso9 (21)

Which message is this?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote:

>I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers
>on the server aide.  Is that possible?  We have users how gets messages
>through the day about the exchange server.  Can I turn this off server side?

0
adavid (8731)

Exchange
Hi all... I've got a client thats running exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server. They've recently added another member to the organisation, but they will be working remotley from the site... I've created the username and the mailbox and set it tht the mal will forward to another external mail account. However, the client does not want to use it this way, and would like to colelct from my exchange server via Pop3... Is there someway I can allow an external IP address connenect to our server and download their messages via pop mail? Thanks, G. Yes. Just open Port 110 on your Fir...

Outlook client and switches
Is there a way to disable the CRM client part in outlook with an outlook /switch? I tried outlook.exe /noextensions, but that didn't work. Only /safe prevents CRM to fire up... Sorry, even in safe mode the CRM outlook client comes up after a while... "Nikolas" wrote: > Is there a way to disable the CRM client part in outlook with an outlook > /switch? > > I tried outlook.exe /noextensions, but that didn't work. Only /safe prevents > CRM to fire up... > > I'm guessing you are trying to troubleshoot an outlook problem on a computer with C...

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

Sharing Calendars from the Server
Hello, We have a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with Exchange. The owner of the company would like to have access to all his employees calendars (which is less than 10 people). I know how to share out the calender by logging in as a user and sharing it via Outlook, but is there a way to make the same configuration changes from the server? I'd like to expodite the sharing process (and learn a new trick)! Many Thanks, Grant ...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Security between access and SQL server
What do you guys use for security between Access and SQL Server when they are not on the same network? Terminal Server? Remote Desktop? Thin Client? mttmwsn wrote: > What do you guys use for security between Access and SQL Server when > they are not on the same network? Terminal Server? Remote Desktop? > Thin Client? If you mean "over the internet" I use HTTP requests or else I don't use Access as the front end. Terminal Server or RDP run over a VPN is a good option for a reasonably low number of users. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as approp...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Email message NDR's
Since we have migrated to Exchange 2003 and removed our Exchange 5.5 server we have been getting NDR messages such as: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Again Sent: 4/9/2004 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: thinkfastest@earthlink.net on 4/9/2004 2:06 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) ...

SQL Server User Groups
I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento, CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac. Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember finding something a couple years ago. I found http://www.sqlpass.org too, but they have nothing in Sacramento. "Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:%23VJbStxsKHA.6004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to fin...

Tracked emails not seen in MSCRM3 Web Client
I need to know how you can view a list of emails in the web client where those emails have been flagged to "track in CRM" but no "Regarding" value has been set. Can anyone let me know how to do this? TIA Antony All emails seen in web client are 'tracked'. "Antony" <info AT webpc DOT biz> wrote in message news:O3zebRFeGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I need to know how you can view a list of emails in the web client where > those emails have been flagged to "track in CRM" but no "Regarding" value > has > been se...

double side report print
I have a report to print out on double side print, but it comes flip on the back, any way from MS access to configure the back side printing orientations? Your information is great appreciated, ...

OWA new message and reply message issues
The message box in bothe the new message windows and the reply windows do not load. I beleive this is probly just a security issue with IE, but it seems to work on other pc's with the same preferences. Has anyone else seen this. It only happens on a few pc's. Thanks, Howard ...

Outlook client error 12-20-04
One user is experiencing a problem with the Outlook client (web version is fine) (MS 1.2 Office 2003 XP security issue with hot fix installed). When opening Outlook and trying to access the CRM folders, he gets an error message saying that the server cannot be found. Cache has been cleared and the system has been restarted but still it doesn't work. Since he can access the web client, it is not because that he hasn't got a license. Is there anybody who knows this problem and how to solve it? We just went through this at my office. Here's what I would do, in order: 1) Clear ...

Completely empty/blank messages stopping Outlook
We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name) - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was...

open a message box if a query is null during an autoexec macro
Hope someone can help with this. I have a query that runs using an AutoExec macro when the database opens. What I want is for a message box to open instead of the query results window, telling me if the query produced any records. I can do this easily enough through a command button on a form, but cant figure out how to do it through an autoexec macro at startup. Any suggestions? You need to have your Autoexec macro run a VB function (macro action RunCode)that executes the query and captures the count of records retrieved. Dim strSQL as string Dim k as integer Dim rs a...

Sent messages in Outbox
When I send a message in Outlook 2000, a copy is sent to the Outbox folder rather than the Sent folder. The message indeed was transmitted, but the retained copy is stuck in the Outbox. The word "None" shows in the Sent column, supposedly because the message is not recognized as having been sent. In Tools|Options, "Save messages in Sent folder" is selected. Now I have scores of sent messages in the Outbox folder. I cannot move them to the Sent folder, though they can be moved to email folders of correspondents. They can be deleted. I have gone to Help|Detect and Repa...

CRM Client Unresponsive
We are experiencing some trouble with our CRM clients locking up or crashing. It appears to happen at random on the clients without any sort of pattern that I can tell. The clients are running Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003. They all should all be up to date or very close with Windows updates. All clients are running at least Rollup1 for CRM 3.0. About half are running Rollup2. What will happen is that the user will be within Outlook and using CRM and then all of the sudden the go to click on something and the CRM window will go blank. Other times the screen will show but it wil...

Using XP with Outlook 2000 Messages stay in outbox
I am using Outlook 2000 with XP. When I send a message it stays in my outbox. ????????????? I tried all the troubleshooting options on the Microsoft website and non of them are working. Any suggestions. ...

Rules in Web Client / Exchange 2003
Hi Everyone, I am wondering where/how I should start troubleshooting rules in Outlook Web Client. Rules setup in Outlook Client work perfectly, however rules set up in Web Client don't seem to work. Specifically messages are not getting forwarded to an alternate email addresses specified in the rule. Sending a messge directly to the alternate email form a Web Client works all the time. Thanks in advance. If you generate the rule exactly the same way in Outlook, does it work? Also, does it happen to work when Outlook is running? "Gene B." <myemail@hidden.com> wr...

Unable to detect language settings in eventviewer Outlook Client 4
Hello, another problem with the outlook client 4.0. A view machines get the following error in the eventlog : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5909 Date: 7/11/2008 Time: 9:27:42 AM User: N/A Computer: NLCAPD9VQS72J Description: The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8013150b. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=650. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The user has FULL access to...

Partner Rules Dealing with Other Partners Clients
Hello, Does anyone know the policy on Partners contacting other Partners clients to solicite business or switch to them because they can do more for your company than the current Partner your company deals with. Thanks, Brian Database Administrator I do not believe there is a formal policy. MSFT does, however, discourage the practice in general. "Brian" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know the policy on Partners contacting > other Partners clients to solicite business or switch to > them because they can do more for your company than the >...

Roaming Profiles and CRM Desktop Client for Outlook
Hi there Does anyone know if the CRM Desktop Client for Outlook supports Roaming profiles? And if it does.....any pointers will be gratefully received. Thanks John ...

When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox
When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox. How do I change this please? baggytrousers wrote: > When I save a message it saves it in the Inbox, not in the Outbox. How do I > change this please? You cannot "save" (whatever that means) e-mails in the Outbox folder. That folder is used for SENDING e-mails. When you compose a new message and then send it, it gets deposited in the Outbox folder. That event triggers Outlook to do the send (either immediately or on the next scheduled mail poll). If the send is successfully, the item in the Ou...