turn off auto-archiving

we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email, which
we do not want them to do.

can that be disabled so that no user in the company gets that message?

outlook 2003, exchange 2003.

0
Gary

that's a client-side configuration...don't know if  there's a way to disable
that centrally...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email,
> which we do not want them to do.
>
> can that be disabled so that no user in the company gets that message?
>
> outlook 2003, exchange 2003.

0
sconkey (3059)
3/14/2007 11:04:15 PM
Check the Outlook system try settings in the GPO from the
Outlook.adm.

Download "Office 2003 Policy Template Files and Deployment Planning
Tools" Extract file to your DC, open GPO and import outlk11.adm.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2003ddl.htm

James Chong (MVP)

On Mar 14, 3:14 pm, "Gary M"
<garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote:
> we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email, which
> we do not want them to do.
>
> can that be disabled so that no user in the company gets that message?
>
> outlook 2003, exchange 2003.

0
jamestechman (1266)
3/15/2007 1:05:15 AM
I will look at that.

thanks!
gary

"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Check the Outlook system try settings in the GPO from the
> Outlook.adm.
>
> Download "Office 2003 Policy Template Files and Deployment Planning
> Tools" Extract file to your DC, open GPO and import outlk11.adm.
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2003ddl.htm
>

> James Chong (MVP)
>

> On Mar 14, 3:14 pm, "Gary M"
> <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> we have some users who get the popup about auto-archiving their email,
>> which
>> we do not want them to do.
>>
>> can that be disabled so that no user in the company gets that message?
>>
>> outlook 2003, exchange 2003.

0
Gary
3/15/2007 11:31:56 AM
Adding the registry key named DisablePST will to the trick.
It will also prevent users from creating PST-files.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896515
0
martina1 (38)

Auto filter #7
Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? Select your range and apply the data|autofilter. I bet you're seeing a maximum of 1000 unique entries under that dropdown. The range is still filtered--excel just shows a max of 1000 entries. Debra Dalgleish has some tips you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits (and you could always use a custom filter and type what you want (or contains what you want). Lisa Files wrote: > > Is it possiable to filter more than 1000 rows with autofilter? and if so, how? -- Dave Peters...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

auto filtering on excel
i am only at a basic level with excel but need help to allow me to filter up to several thousand rows of data down to one line with the relevant data i can then use elswhere. seen loads of stuff on tinternet which probably works but above my level of knowledge. i have a very simple spreadsheet which explains what i want but cannot attach, if anyone is kind enough to send me their email i will forward it to them. OR can you point me in the right direction for help? cheers, and a merry christmas (if you beleive in it) and a prosperous new year to you all..... If desired, ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

microsoft outlook 2003 archive problem
Hi, When i select my mailbox and then select archive from file menu and select a valid archive criteria. It says archiving but this process only archives folder structures not email messages. Does anyone know what is wrong with outlook archive ? Thanx Perhaps you don't have anything old enough to archive yet. Outlook archives according to the Modified date. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "CARETTA" <mail@mail.com> ...

Auto duplicate entries
Working in Excel 2003. Is there any way that when entering data on one worksheet, that it is also automatically entered on another worksheet within the same workbook at a designated location? If so, then how do you do this? Thanks much. Hi Does typing "=" in the cell you want the data to automatically duplicate - then clicking (using the mouse) on the cell you want it to copy from - then pressing [enter] work? Simple, but effective, if I am correct in my understanding of your request. hth Rob Brockett still Learning & the best way to learn is to experience... -- broro183...

Balancing an account across an archive
I have archived the 2003 portion of an account, and Money 2004 has included unreconciled transactions in the archive. Now when I go to balance the current state of the account, the beginning balance is incorrect and the archived transactions are missing. How do I correct this issue? Open the archive file, enter any transactions since you archived, forget about archiving, and press on? Of course the archived transactions are missing. What was it you thought Archive did? Seriously, archiving is a bad idea in general (all pain, no gain) and a specifically horrible idea if you are archiv...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Auto Filter Sorting Issue
I have a large spread sheet and frequently use the auto filter capabilities. My rows are getting out of sequence (the data is not staying in the correct row). I've marked cells and then tested by sorting different columns ascending, desending, etc. and I've done this on multiple columns. I can not get the data to return to the original format even when I turn the filters off. I have in excess of 100 hours invested in this data. Needless to say it's a very important document! Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you want to get back to original order of the r...

Appointments in 3.0 auto close or auto complete???
Does 3.0 auto complete appointments like 1.2 did? It doesn't appear that it does and I am wondering if there is a sql job to do this. -- Thanks, Brian ...

Word Auto Summary Option
I do home inspections and use Word for my reports. I would like to create a automatic summary page of all defects I list in my report instead of having to copy and paste them one by one. Is it possible to have word search for a specific "key word" then capture that canned statement and put it in a seperate summary document automatically? For example... Defect -- The house needs ect ect I want word to look for all canned statements that starts with the word "Defect". That would be simple enough. Does the term 'Defect' begin a paragraph? ...

auto insert text
I would like to insert one word and have it automatically insert a paragraph. How do I do that? When you create the AutoText, make sure that it includes a paragraph mark (�). If you are using Word 2007, note that AutoComplete is no longer supported for AutoText. Instead, make use of AutoCorrect. To create your AutoCorrect entry: Create an example paragraph with the contents and formatting that you want. Select the whole paragraph, including the paragraph mark. Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. Select ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Need macro to auto delete as in example
Let's say I have a range from A1 to G10 (just an example) and in this range data is being brought forward from other work sheets. What I would like to do is delete only the cells to the right of the cell in column A that is empty (also the cell in column A). Understand that some cells that need to be deleted will have zeros in them. Also some of the cells above the ones to be deleted will be blank or have zeros in them as well. Long story short can a macro be written that deletes a range of cells if the first cell in the range is either blank or has s specific entry in it?....Thanks in...

Auto Reply Out of Office Notice
I cannot figure out how to get an auto reply with an "out of office" message to work in outlook. Any ideas? ...

Problem archiving
I have an issue when I try to archive data from before 1-1-2005. I have tons of mails before that and want to save them to an arhive.pst file. But the only thing that happens is that et copies all folders to the new pst and then stops with no errors or anything. I then have a archive.pst with a complete copy of my folder structure. What am i doing wrong. Running: Office 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Harddrive: 100gB w/60gB free Mem: 768MB /Christian IT Administrator Did you import these items from anywhere? I'm asking because archiving uses the modification date on an item to determine el...

Windows Media Center
Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving. I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process. I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas? Thanks. TELL ALL DEMOCRATS TO GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%232APFdk2KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a > file, that looks like they may be archiving. I do not know how ...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Auto moving of qty from SOP Back Order field
Hi Folks If I have a qty in the Back Order field in SOP and I then do a PO receipt where I receive in enough stock to cover that Back Ordered qty, I would like the system to act on the details from the POP BACK-ORDERED ITEMS RECEIVED REPORT and automatically move the qty from being on Back Order so that I can allocate and fulfill the necessary quantities. I do not want to use the SOP/POP link functionality as that is just too complex for my client's requirements. Does anyone know of a way to do this please? Many thankx Sheila Sheila, You can run the Sales Automatic Order Alloc...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Searched Archived Items unaccessible
Using the "search" feature on Archive folders gives me a list of relevant messages, but they don't open. If I look for the same message manualy in the archive inbox, it opens flawlessly. Any ideas??? Thanks ...

Auto summing with Pivot Table
I'm using a pivot table to summarize some shipping information by zi code. At the end of each zip code section, the table automaticall inserts a summary for that whole section. Is there a way to get rid o this summary? Thanks. Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click in the pivot table and select table options, uncheck Grand Totals for Columns or Grand Totals for Rows (or both) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SPenney >" <<SPenney.zx9zo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:SPenney.zx9zo@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm using...