Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site

I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange
server and tried to delete the 5.5 server.  I get an error
message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded".  Has
anyone seen this?

Thanks,

Rusty
0
anonymous (74722)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech

"Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange
> server and tried to delete the 5.5 server.  I get an error
> message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded".  Has
> anyone seen this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rusty

0
Erik

connect to exchange 2003 on outlook 2003 via VPN
Hello, We have 48 mobile computers with w2k on them and want to be able to connect to our exchange server via VPN. We are using 3com superstack firewall that comes with a vpn solution. When we have a w2k machine connected via the VPN we start the setup process of connecting to exchange. We put in the ip of our exchange server and it returns the server name and verfies the user. However once done with the setup and running outlook 2003 it cannot connect to the exchange server are we missing a step? Any other ideas on how to accomplish this without having to goto XP. It's too prohibitiv...

Removing Money
I tried to remove Money using the Win2000 add/remove programs and it calls for the original install CD. I have no idea where it is, but I would like to regain the 160MB that Money is using. Any idea how to get rid of it without clobbering something else? TIA -- George W. Barrowcliff George.Barrowcliff@flash.net George W. Barrowcliff wrote: > I tried to remove Money using the Win2000 add/remove programs and it > calls for the original install CD. I have no idea where it is, but I > would like to regain the 160MB that Money is using. > > Any idea how to get rid of it with...

Formating Exchange Storage Volumes in exchange 2003
I'm in the process of running the Exchange Stress & Performance, Jetstress, and load simulator on my new exchange server. I have the server in a test enviorment and would like to know how to remove/format the data these tests put into my exchange databases? Thanks John On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:58:01 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm in the process of running the Exchange Stress & Performance, Jetstress, >and load simulator on my new exchange server. I have the server in a test >enviorment and would like to know how to remove/format t...

Can't connect outlook to the exchange
Ok. I have one user that I needed to delete his profile and now when I try to set it up again, I enter the server name and his first few letters of his name and click Check Name it gives me an error: "The name could not be resolved. The operation failed." Now, I have no problem pinging the server from his machine, his Windows XP firewall is disabled. I also tried applying the Office 2000 service pack from Microsoft and also tried reinstalling it and all the results are the same. Can someone point me to the right direction on this? Make sure that the mailbox is still...

Help
We're running Exchange 2000 & Outlook 2002. Saved mail is kept in a "Saved Mail" folder in the user's Exchange Mailbox. Today I installed Outlook 2003 and discovered that my Saved Mail folder had disappeared I uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled 2002, but the folder did not reappear. I went to my Exchange Server to perform a Restore, but now I'm told that my backup files are not usable (they were fine before Outlook 2003 was installed). Is this because I tried running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2000 server and is there any way to get back the folder that disapp...

I need to join some additional columns from SQL Server into the worksheet ...
Accounting has provided me with an Excel worksheet with several columns of data, one of which is AccountID. There is a table in SQL Sever which also has AccountID. I need to join (using AccountID) some additional columns from SQL Server into the worksheet as new columns, save, and then send the spreadsheet back to Accounting. What is the simplest method to accomplish this? I would prefer a non programming approach with the fewest steps so Accounting can do this themselves next time. DTS would be the easiest, if you can get the data into a staging table. Once the resultset is generated yo...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Renaming/ForkLifting Exchange 5.5 Server
Hi, We recently purchased a Windows Storage Server 2003 and looking into ways to migrate the primary file server, a Windows 2000 machine in NT4 domain, to it while maintaining the UNC & sharenames for users after the file volume is moved. We've Active Directory deployed & will be using login scripts to update the mapped drives of users' computers and home directories. However, because we also have a large number of users that are using the UNC & sharenames of the original file server to access their files via different applications, e.g. Outlook PST files, we'...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Exchange OMA
Error: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." Single Exchange Server 2003/SP2 on Windows 2003/SP1 I have read all the related postings and I'm still having the same problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898131 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us plus several others We have a DSL router that uses a Network Address Table (NAT) to route incoming requests. Currently port 80 is going to our web server, port 443 to our exchange server. http://www.oursite.com - works great. ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Remove 'Symbols' When Importing
When I import pages from the internet into Excel, I often have a bunch of Internet 'symbols' or 'links'. Examples are: little tick symbols from a stockbroker which link to "trade this stock" type pages, or stock symbols underlined in blue, which take me to a stock chart. These are fine on the internet page, but I don't want them in my Excel table. I know I can eliminate them by using 'Copy' and 'Paste Special/Values' to a new page in Excel, but is there a simpler way to 'turn off' these things? Steve If you don't have any ...

Exchange features
Hi everyone. I've never used Exchange server, and I'm in the process of investigating this product. My CEO is concerned that unless we implement a strict email policy, a damaging email can cause a lawsuit. He wants strict control plus less bandwidth without terribly restricting information exchange. The question is, can the Exchange server (2003 or 2007) do the following? 1) Prevent users from using the CC and BCC to send email. 2) Restrict users to send only one email at a time, using the TO field. 3) Option of above two restrictions being controlled through group or user permiss...

Removing emails from server
The option to keep emails on the server was previously set. I just changed Outlook so that it will not keep emails on the server - ie. delete emails once Outlook retrieves them. How do I remove all those previous emails? I made the change but the server is still full of emails. Is there an option in Outlook to refresh the server? "betty" wrote in message news:1188233340.436761.125570@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > The option to keep emails on the server was previously set. > > I just changed Outlook so that it will not keep emails on the > server - > ie. d...

Getting Exchange Protocol Virtual Server Status (Start,Stop,Paused)
Hi All, We can see Virtual servers for every protocols on 'Exchange System Manager'. By right clicking the each virtual severs we can see the status as (Start, stop or Paused). But I like to get status information programmatically. Can any one can provide a snap or code or any link that will help me to get the above information. Thanks in Advance Manu I don't know but I would think this would be exposed through CDOEXM. PaulB "Manu" <dinil_kv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OohMS9zvFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > > > We ca...

Very strange issue with Exchange 2003 sp1
Hello I recently got called to clietns site to fix some AD issues. To make a long story short, one of the DC in the domain had just been turned off, this DC had all 5 FSMO roles on it. There are 2 more DC in the domain, but the dont have any of the FSMO roles. This company alos runs exchaneg 2003 sp1. I was able to seize the roles to one of the live DC but for the life of me i cant understand how exchange 2003 was able to fucntion without being able to fidn a DC with the FSMO roles? The DC in question has been off line for over a year, but the client hasnt had any issue with Exhchange...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Norton Ghost + Exchange 2K?
I'm considering using Ghost to create nightly disk images of my single server hard drive. My hope is that it would allow simple restoration by swapping physical drives in the case of a problem. Anyone have experience using this with regards to Exchange 2K? How about just taking nightly full online backups of the store? On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:28:26 -0400, "Daryl Riggins" <daryl@campchestnutridge.org> wrote: >I'm considering using Ghost to create nightly disk images of my single >server hard drive. My hope is that it would allow simple restoration by >...

Exchange Server 2003 Front-End Back-End Deployment
Hi guys, I am in the process of plannig a new Exchange 2003 Server Rollout. This is a new organisation without anything in place currently. Thus far I have concluded I will need: 2 Windows Server 2003 Standard, ISA 2006 Servers in DMZ filtering POP3, IMAP and SMTP with Network Load Balancing for Fault Tollerance 2 Windows Server 2003 Standard, Exchange 2003 Standard Front - End Servers in LAN with Network Load Balancing for Fault Tollerance 2 Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Exchnage 2003 Enterprise Back - End Servers in LAN I am unsure how to deploy the back end servers for fault tollera...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0
We currently have GL, AR, AP, Multi-Currency, SOP, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Field Service, Contract Administration, Inventory and eConnect. We are planning an upgrade from 7.5 to 9.0. Anybody done this yet and if so had any issues. charlie You should be aware that the documentation in the Great Plains Upgrade manual dated Jan 23, 2006 is not correct. Make sure you back up your SQL files as WELL ALL THE FILES UNDER your 8.0 install directory under program files. Even though the doc says it doesn't touch them and forces you to install GP 9 in another directory, the install ...

Synch Exchange at 2 sites
Please help. I need to keep two Exchange servers (with Small Bus. Server) synchronized to be accessed in Texas and Arizona. Both servers are configured with the same domain settings and are connected to the internet with static IPs and T1 connections. Thanks in advance. Are they in the same Exchange site or different ones? >-----Original Message----- >Please help. I need to keep two Exchange servers (with Small Bus. >Server) synchronized to be accessed in Texas and Arizona. Both >servers are configured with the same domain settings and are connected >to the internet w...

Outlook Removal #2
I had Outlook 2000 on my system, in the process of upgrading Office 2003 Standard was put on the system. I cannot get Outlook 2003 to work and I continue to find remnants of Office 2000 on the system (even though there was an uninstall of Office 2000 performed). How do I completely remove all traces of Office 2000 from my system? ...