Trying to install PS2002 under SBS2003

I'm trying to install Project Server 2003 under SBS 2003. I'm doing it
as in this document:
http://www.sbslinks.com/pdf/ProjectServer.pdf and something's wrong.
After I finish when I click on PWA link it's showing me
....localweb/ProjectServer... and this page doesn't exist. When I change
it to ...server/ProjectServer (server - name of my server), I can
access PWA. But when I'm trying to conect from my Project Professional
2003 to server I'm getting message :

Cannot connect.
Project was unable to establish a connection with the selected Project
Server. This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity or
problems with the Project Server or database.

I don't know, what I'm doing wrong. I am really tired of this ...
progam.

Please help.

Filip

0
fwitkowski (13)

On 8 Mar 2006 17:33:31 -0800, "Filip - beginner"
<fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to install Project Server 2003 under SBS 2003. I'm doing it
>as in this document:
>http://www.sbslinks.com/pdf/ProjectServer.pdf and something's wrong.
>After I finish when I click on PWA link it's showing me
>...localweb/ProjectServer... and this page doesn't exist. When I change
>it to ...server/ProjectServer (server - name of my server), I can
>access PWA. But when I'm trying to conect from my Project Professional
>2003 to server I'm getting message :
>
>Cannot connect.
>Project was unable to establish a connection with the selected Project
>Server. This could be caused by a loss of network connectivity or
>problems with the Project Server or database.
>
>I don't know, what I'm doing wrong. I am really tired of this ...
>progam.
>
>Please help.
>
>Filip

Wrong newsgroup.
Check the SQL database however and ensure its running.
0
adavid (8731)
3/9/2006 1:50:20 AM
Sorry! I had opened 3 windows with google newsgroups. My bad.

Filip

0
fwitkowski (13)

Installation
Hi, Do i need to have exchange and SQL run on the same server as the CRM package? Is Office 2003 compatible? Would appreciate some guideline to install CRM on a machine that doesn't have exchange and/or SQL running, instead, the exchange and sql database services run on a different machine within the same forest. Does the CRM server need to have Active Directory Installed? Thanks, Ash Ash Microsoft CRM needs to be installed on a server that is part of a windows 2000 or now 2003 Active Directory enabled domain. SQL and exchange do not need to be on the same machine. In fact CRM can ...

installing office home and student
I purchased a copy of office home and student and was wondering if I needed to uninstall the copy that came preinstalled on my computer before installing the new copy. This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software - Microsoft Access is not included in Office Home and Student. Even if you were asking about installing a version of Office that does include Microsoft Access, you would be better served by asking your question in a newsgroup devoted to Office. That said, it is often beneficial to uninstall an existing copy (esp. a trial copy)...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

New Installation of Word 2008 crashes immediately
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I purchased the 2008 Business Edition upgrade. I removed the 2008 free trial stuff and even my 2004 programs. When I start Word, as soon as I move the mouse the program automatically shuts down. No error no nothing. What am I doing wrong? i'm also having a problem with word 2008 (which i just installed this weekend on a new macbook running snow leopard) crashing - strangely, i was able to work with this program for a few hours this morning, but now (and i have no idea what caused the change) word crashes within a...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

New CRM 1.2 installation login problems
I'm sure this has been asked before but my searches did not turn up anything that matches so ... I just installed CRM 1.2 on a box running SBS 2003 Premium with SQL Server 2000 SP3a. Everything went fine during the installation. I followed the procedure in Microsoft's document found here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/deploy/15_sbs03.mspx After installation, when I try to browse to http://crmweb from a computer joined to the domain, I get prompted to provide user name and password credentials. After providing them three times I get a 401.1 error ...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Installation error
Hi there, Does any have experianced problem with instaling service pack 4 on win200 prof. When I tried to install it I got a message outlook express\wabmig.exe is open or in use by another application. I can resoved this problem We are running ehchange server 5.5 for only internal emails and server NT4. Please help ! ...

Deleting files before Repairing or Re-installing Office or if corrupt
Greetings. I'm building a small free EXE that will do the following: delete all EXD files delete all files in docs and settings Temp folders and subfolders (for XP) delete alll files in user Temp folders and subfolders (for Vista) delete all files in the Windows Temp folder and subfolders delete all XLB files Each step is optional. The purpose is to clean the PC before doing a repair or re-install or to just remove the XLB file if it becomes corrupt My question: are there any other files that should be deleted prior to repairing or re-intalling office? Or become corrupt and someti...

Flash Player Installation
Windows XP (Home) SP3, 32bit, IE8, OE6 Hi, having all kinds of trouble getting the latest(10.0.42.34) version of Adobe Flash Player to install. If anyone knows of a direct link to download it to the desktop and make the install from the desktop would you please post it. Using the download webpages automated download and install is not working for me. Thanks for any help. On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:00:34 -0500 WMB WMB <brown.2005@.nospamcomcast.net> articulated: > Windows XP (Home) SP3, 32bit, IE8, OE6 > > Hi, having all kinds of trouble getting the latest(1...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

How do I install Excel 2000 Analysis Tool Pak? #2
Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is not installed. Don't have disc with Tool Pak on it. Hoew do I find it online, download and install it? AFAIK, it's not available on-line. You must find your CD. On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:51:03 -0700, "jamo" <jamo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate >CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is >not ins...

Re-installing Office 2007 on new computer
I got a new computer and need to re-install my Office 2007. I am a student and got it from Microsoft via download. So, I have no disc to insert and install. I do have the product key. I am having trouble finding a site where I can re-enter my product key to get my Office 2007 Student version back. Anybody have a website for me to use for my product key?? Thanks in advance!! Andrea You could have ordered a cd when you purchased for an extra charge. Or you could have purchased from eg Amazon, which would have got you the cd at a cheaper price. You saved the product key bu...

problem During CRM Installation
Dear Members, I am facing some problem during CRM 3.0 Installation. I have a setup of Microsft SBS2003. I have already settled Exchange server, SQL Server, Repoting Server. My crm Setup is Running Well, but at the end of instalatioon iam getting the messge CRM setup failed. PLz suggest me -- Sadananda.. Jr. Manager,Technical Sarainfoway ITES India Pvt. Ltd. Hyderabad-500016 Off-23416278/23416678 hand-+919866249832 Hi Sadananda, Can you give us some more detail? Is there anything in the event logs or the CRM install log giving any idea what failed? What was the error message? Can you ac...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Money Deluxe 2006 Installation Error
I just purchased money 05 deluxe and when I go in to install I get a message that says, "Set up was unable to install some of the compnents needed to run Money. Try installing Money again" I have made sure that I got all registry keys for money out, deleted any all files associated with money. I still get the message no matter what I do. -- Andrew In microsoft.public.money, Andrew wrote: >I just purchased money 05 deluxe and when I go in to install I get a message >that says, "Set up was unable to install some of the components needed to run >Money. Try ins...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Install Error
Having issues installing the Outlook CRM client v1.2 on Windows 2000 Office 2003/XP copy). Have the Server v1.2 installed on a Win2k Server/SQL Server 2000 SP3 also have SQL server 2000 on the client machine but have 'had' the Outlook CRM client v1.0 working in this config (with Office 2000 SP3 + hotfix). I guess I made the mistake of uninstalling the CRM client (including MSDE) when changing the versions of Office to test. ISSUE When installing the Outlook client, the install process completes, copies the offline web pages ..etc everything (install of MSDE..etc) perfectly...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

Install error data migration manager
Hi, It seems like the data migration manager cannot be installed on windows server 2008. When I select the program destination folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager" I get an error "The path is not of a legal form" and can not continue the installation. Can anyone give me some assistance? Hi; The credit for this goes to someone else, as I found it buried in a newsgroup, but it did help me get past your error a few weeks ago: See below. Dave Ireland I managed to sort this out, so hope this will help someone in future. As ...