Trying to determine version of exchange installed by file version

Can anyone tell me a file and its extension that shows in the properties
what version of exchange is installed. I am trying to find out using SMS how
many different versions of exchange are in production, but I have to find an
..exe or .dll that has in its properties the version. Does anyone know what
file would show me the installed version?

Many Thanks,

David Baur

0
dbaur (3)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530/ has all the build numbers.
From what I've found so far, version of store.exe corresponds to the build
number.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me a file and its extension that shows in the properties
> what version of exchange is installed. I am trying to find out using SMS
> how many different versions of exchange are in production, but I have to
> find an .exe or .dll that has in its properties the version. Does anyone
> know what file would show me the installed version?
>

> Many Thanks,
>
> David Baur

0
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
10/4/2005 11:09:54 PM
Will this also tell me if it is Enterprise or Standard?

Thanks,
David Baur

"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530/ has all the build numbers.
> From what I've found so far, version of store.exe corresponds to the build
> number.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>
> "David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone tell me a file and its extension that shows in the properties
>> what version of exchange is installed. I am trying to find out using SMS
>> how many different versions of exchange are in production, but I have to
>> find an .exe or .dll that has in its properties the version. Does anyone
>> know what file would show me the installed version?
>>

>> Many Thanks,
>>
>> David Baur

0
dbaur (3)
10/4/2005 11:16:29 PM
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:16:29 -0500, "David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com>
wrote:

>Will this also tell me if it is Enterprise or Standard?

Nope. Look for events in the app log for 1216 for standard and 1217
for enterprise when the IS is started.

>Thanks,
>David Baur
>
>"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530/ has all the build numbers.
>> From what I've found so far, version of store.exe corresponds to the build
>> number.
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> --------------------------------
>>
>> "David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone tell me a file and its extension that shows in the properties
>>> what version of exchange is installed. I am trying to find out using SMS
>>> how many different versions of exchange are in production, but I have to
>>> find an .exe or .dll that has in its properties the version. Does anyone
>>> know what file would show me the installed version?
>>>

>>> Many Thanks,
>>>
>>> David Baur

0
adavid (8731)
10/4/2005 11:33:19 PM
I don't have a way to do that via SMS....Any other ideas?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:m846k1tj85dk67lnsoqrmoe2his7a65cf9@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:16:29 -0500, "David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Will this also tell me if it is Enterprise or Standard?
>
> Nope. Look for events in the app log for 1216 for standard and 1217
> for enterprise when the IS is started.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>David Baur
>>
>>"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/158530/ has all the build numbers.
>>> From what I've found so far, version of store.exe corresponds to the
>>> build
>>> number.
>>> --
>>> Bharat Suneja
>>> MCSE, MCT
>>> --------------------------------
>>>
>>> "David Baur" <dbaur@thebaur.com> wrote in message

0
dbaur (3)

Can't connect outlook to the exchange
Ok. I have one user that I needed to delete his profile and now when I try to set it up again, I enter the server name and his first few letters of his name and click Check Name it gives me an error: "The name could not be resolved. The operation failed." Now, I have no problem pinging the server from his machine, his Windows XP firewall is disabled. I also tried applying the Office 2000 service pack from Microsoft and also tried reinstalling it and all the results are the same. Can someone point me to the right direction on this? Make sure that the mailbox is still...

Formating Exchange Storage Volumes in exchange 2003
I'm in the process of running the Exchange Stress & Performance, Jetstress, and load simulator on my new exchange server. I have the server in a test enviorment and would like to know how to remove/format the data these tests put into my exchange databases? Thanks John On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:58:01 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm in the process of running the Exchange Stress & Performance, Jetstress, >and load simulator on my new exchange server. I have the server in a test >enviorment and would like to know how to remove/format t...

Excel files won't open
Hello, If I open Excel, I can then open xls files through the program; however, if I double-click an Excel file, Excel is spawned but it doesn't open the xls file. Why would this be happening, and how can I correct it? On the PC with the issue, we are running Windows XP Pro SP2, Microsoft Office XP SP3. Thanks, and I appreciate your help! Joseph Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /...

Help
We're running Exchange 2000 & Outlook 2002. Saved mail is kept in a "Saved Mail" folder in the user's Exchange Mailbox. Today I installed Outlook 2003 and discovered that my Saved Mail folder had disappeared I uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled 2002, but the folder did not reappear. I went to my Exchange Server to perform a Restore, but now I'm told that my backup files are not usable (they were fine before Outlook 2003 was installed). Is this because I tried running Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2000 server and is there any way to get back the folder that disapp...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Renaming/ForkLifting Exchange 5.5 Server
Hi, We recently purchased a Windows Storage Server 2003 and looking into ways to migrate the primary file server, a Windows 2000 machine in NT4 domain, to it while maintaining the UNC & sharenames for users after the file volume is moved. We've Active Directory deployed & will be using login scripts to update the mapped drives of users' computers and home directories. However, because we also have a large number of users that are using the UNC & sharenames of the original file server to access their files via different applications, e.g. Outlook PST files, we'...

Installation of Money 04 with anti-virus
When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message saying that my McAfee Virus Scan might interfere with Money setup, and "can prevent you from using Money to download stock prices and other info..." Any advice? Take the message seriously. And search the archives of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com; use advanced search and search newsgroup microsoft.public.money. "Clarence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e201c3ce58$bc73dea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I started to install Money 2004, I got a message > saying that my...

Printed file looks like screen view instead of print view
I am working on someone else's file. When I open it, the colors view incorrectly. They show as black/white in the negative & no color pictures (the background is showing black - these are not the settings in the file.) In the print preview, everything is correctly in color - text, pictures, etc. But when I print, it comes out exactly like the screen view and not the print view. The original owner of the file has no problem seeing the file correctly. We may have different versions of Publisher - I get the same results importing or opening the file. The owner is 20 miles aw...

Outlook and Exchange 2010 List of Bug Fixes
Hello-- I work for a large corporation that is currently running an Exchange 2007 cluster with clients on a mix of Outlook 2003 and some 2007. We are having issues with delegates and scheduling and have referred them to the article regarding Essential Do's and Don'ts and yet the issues of random calender items disappearing, etc. etc. continue to occur. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011276781033.aspx So, my question is if any of the consequences associated with the items mentioned on the website I referenced are resolved with Exchange 2010 and the ...

C++ Version 6 app using c++ version 8 dll
Hello all, My company is in the process of migrating to Visual Studio 2005. For now only new development is happening in 2005, leaving existing programs in version 6. I have developed a MFC version 8 dll. A version 6 application needs to link to this new dll. The problem I am having is related to STRINGS. The dll exports a few functions that have strings as parameters. These function generated linker errors. TestDlg.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl Test(char const *,char const *)" (?Test @@YAHPBD0@Z) Test.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Exchange OMA
Error: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." Single Exchange Server 2003/SP2 on Windows 2003/SP1 I have read all the related postings and I'm still having the same problem. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898131 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us plus several others We have a DSL router that uses a Network Address Table (NAT) to route incoming requests. Currently port 80 is going to our web server, port 443 to our exchange server. http://www.oursite.com - works great. ...

Microsoft Outlook
After installation says error can't open because the MAPI.dll file is corrupt or wrong version? What to do ...

saving pub file as .htm or .html
I just reformatted my hard drive and re-loaded Office 2003. Previously before uploading to my host server I saved my file as htm or html file--now there doesnt seem to be that option in the "save as type" file...am I missing something, do I need to install an update or an extra or did I reload the wrong version of Office/Publisher? (I thought I had 2003 previously) thanks in advance Select File, Save as a website. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "segsig" <segsig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32A9EBC2-2AE6-4529-9E21-83E71789C37E@m...

client operation failed on determining TNEF attachment type
Hi, We are using Exchange Server 5.5, and have applications written in VB6 and C# that read and process emails. We are experiencing intermittent errors similar to C# Application System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The client operation failed. [Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - [E_FAIL(80004005)]] at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData) at MAPI.Attachment.get_Type() VB Application -2147467259 = The client operation failed....

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

How do I... On opening file from hard disk, open a form
Hello, Microsoft Access 2003. I would like my Main Menu form to open when a user opens my database. So far I am in no way networked or web based, I'll probably get there but right now I have a file (Inventoryv4.mdb) that resides on the user's hard drive. when she opens this file, I would like my main menu form to open, instead of her having to go through the little task pane and dbl clk on frm_MAINMENU. How might one do this? ***Note: I need the task pane with all the tables queries, forms etc to still be there, just in the background, preferably minimized, and the main men...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Uninstall of Outlook97 stymied by Exchange 32
Trying to completely uninstall Office97. All components removable excepting Outlook97, due to a shared file called Windows Messaging (aka Exchange32, aka Outlook). If anyone has an idea how to remove a deeply embedded file without a standard uninstall routine available, please lemme know! Thanks, Kento. ...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Urgent !! How to Determine the OS Type in VC++
Hello , I would like to determine the type of OS such as Chinese XP, Japanese XP , etc. The programming language is VC++ Thanks, GetVersionEx(...) will give you the windows version. I think GetLocalInfo will give you the language. But I am not sure. AliR. "Paras" <paras211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144427532.325431.185750@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hello , > I would like to determine the type of OS such as Chinese XP, Japanese > XP , etc. The programming language is VC++ > > > Thanks, > GetVersionEx --- Ajay Do you know how does ...

Installation error
Hi there, Does any have experianced problem with instaling service pack 4 on win200 prof. When I tried to install it I got a message outlook express\wabmig.exe is open or in use by another application. I can resoved this problem We are running ehchange server 5.5 for only internal emails and server NT4. Please help ! ...

Getting Exchange Protocol Virtual Server Status (Start,Stop,Paused)
Hi All, We can see Virtual servers for every protocols on 'Exchange System Manager'. By right clicking the each virtual severs we can see the status as (Start, stop or Paused). But I like to get status information programmatically. Can any one can provide a snap or code or any link that will help me to get the above information. Thanks in Advance Manu I don't know but I would think this would be exposed through CDOEXM. PaulB "Manu" <dinil_kv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OohMS9zvFHA.2956@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > > > We ca...

How do I install Excel 2000 Analysis Tool Pak? #2
Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is not installed. Don't have disc with Tool Pak on it. Hoew do I find it online, download and install it? AFAIK, it's not available on-line. You must find your CD. On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:51:03 -0700, "jamo" <jamo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Operating system is XP. Office 2000 came installed. I am trying to calculate >CUMPRINC, but can not do so without Add In form Analysis Tool Pak, which is >not ins...

Very strange issue with Exchange 2003 sp1
Hello I recently got called to clietns site to fix some AD issues. To make a long story short, one of the DC in the domain had just been turned off, this DC had all 5 FSMO roles on it. There are 2 more DC in the domain, but the dont have any of the FSMO roles. This company alos runs exchaneg 2003 sp1. I was able to seize the roles to one of the live DC but for the life of me i cant understand how exchange 2003 was able to fucntion without being able to fidn a DC with the FSMO roles? The DC in question has been off line for over a year, but the client hasnt had any issue with Exhchange...