Troubleshooting SMTP delivery

I've setup a Perl sendmail script on a client's web server.  The server is
running Microsoft Exchange.  The script runs fine, and using Sendmail's log
feature, I get a confirmation that the message is queued for delivery:

250 2.6.0  Queued mail for delivery

But the message never makes it to its intended recipient.  Where in Exchange
should we be looking for the problem?  (I'm the web developer and not
familair with Exchange-- I'm working with the client's IT person to try to
resolve the issue)

Thanks,
Kevin

0
kevin4003 (1)

SMTP - ISP Question
Hi everyone, please accept my apologies in advance if this slightly off-topic but I though this would be a good place to ask... I am looking for some recommendations for a UK ISP who will register a domain (web hosting not terribly important) and will provide me with an SMTP feed. I have the connection and the public IP addresses already so I do not need a bundled service. Many thanks to all in advance, Kapa ...

"select" external e-mails disappear after exchange SMTP detected them...
hi, help! i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch admin :) we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes: 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's): our situation is: 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix ...

Testing SMTP Server
Hi All, We are developing an application that runs through records in our database, checks each against a set of criteria, and sends an e-mail if necessary. Unfortunately, one of our testers ran this on live data, and it sent real e-mails to our customer via our real smtp server. Arrrggghhhhh! What I'm looking for is a means of setting up a testing smtp server to point our testing instances to, and somehow configuring it so that all emails always get diverted to a given address, and not sent to the address the e-mail was originally intended for. Is there a way to do this with IIS alon...

Troubleshoot
I am find an error in this statement, and the error shown is "Application defined error or object defined error" ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(r + 64 + 0) & c).Formula = "=index(" & Chr(11 + 64) & "2:" & Chr(11 + 64) & (max_date) & ",match(" & Chr(1 + 64) & r & ",L2:L" & max_row & "))" The above statement basically used to match the data from one column with any column, corresponding to the indexed column. used for matching dates and times Could any one please solve this First, you can use oth...

Troubleshoot
Can someone help me with the following statement: =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. Thanks, Roy Try =AVERAGEIF(Range, ">" & NOW()-INT(NOW()) , Sum Range) "rwtrader" wrote: > Can someone help me with the following statement: > =AVERAGEIFS(BeezidTable[final],BeezidTable[time],">TIME(HOUR(NOW()),MINUTE(NOW()),SECOND(NOW()))") > It returns DIV/0, but it should return a proper average. > Thanks, Roy...

Outside SMTP Connections
When I log into the Adminstrator email account I have a mailbox full of undeliverable emails. I have stopped Relaying and have tested that it is 550 but this continues to happen. I get several NDR's in the outgoing queue and I have to delete them daily. They are all spam messages. I have monitored SMTP connections via the "netstat" command and I constantly see these spam connections. Sometimes there are messages in my Admin account where a server's spam filter detected the spam,thus has sent a reply back to my Admin account telling me that they have blocked spam from my ...

SMTP CONNECTOR #18
DEAR MY READER, I HAVE A VERY DEEP QUESTION, & I WANT TO ASK YOU GUYS REGARDING IT. in order to answer my question, please read first ( A- Introduction to what i Know .) . ITS ABOUT THE SMTP CONNECTOR. My Senario start with :- A- Introduction to what i Know . B- My senario & My Quetion on this senario. A- Introduction to what i Know . =================================== The SMTP connectors basically simply tell that SMTP engine how to route mail to out side or to internal mail server or where ever its need to go . Or, i can do the following with using SMTP Connector:- 1- F...

Two domains in same exchange & smtp servers
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server. Setup with a primary domain name example.edu.au . Setup another domain name demo.com in the same exchange server & smtp server. How to configure in-coming mail from internet to demo.com ? Hi, Try the following resouce for configuring multiple domains. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/extransrout.mspx "Em Yeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23RPX4EtWEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 server. Setup with a primary domain name > example.edu.au . >...

Need Troubleshooting Tips
On SBS2003 w/Exchange, I have a user that has intermitent delivery failures. In most cases, there is no notification that that the email was not delivered. Here is an example: user A will log into OWA to send an email to an internal user B. To user A it looks as if the email has been sent, and a copy shows up in their Sent Items folder. User B does not recieve the email. This happens with both internal and external users, but sporadically. When I went to test it, it was working ok. This is only happening with one user. He has Outlook 2003 configured with 2 mail accounts, Excha...

Primary SMTP addresses
Here is the problem. Example user: John Smith I created a user account with user name: jsmith to logon to the domain. However, his email address should be: john.smith@domain.com. However, it defaults to: jsmith@domain.com. I've added the SMTP address and set it as primary but always changes back to jsmith in the GENERAL tab of the user's user account properties in AD. Even if I change it to john.smith and hit apply, I'll go back to AD it will change it back to jsmith. Any suggestions? You setup the default recipeint policy to create the address that way on newly creat...

smtp server address
Exchange 2000 all setup and working, but I need to know what my smtp server's address is so that I can send emails via our website. Simple questions, but I cannot seem to find it in system manager. would it be smtp.server.domain.com or just smtp.domain.com? Thanks! On 10 Nov 2006 07:32:14 -0800, "trading_jacks" <MARKFERGASON@gmail.com> wrote: >Exchange 2000 all setup and working, but I need to know what my smtp >server's address is so that I can send emails via our website. > >Simple questions, but I cannot seem to find it in system manager. >would i...

SMTP Address Not Being Created
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 A user was created and a mailbox created as well. The SMTP address is not showing up in the users account even after a wait of several hours. When clicking on Exchange Tasks, deleting the mailbox, then recreating it succesffuly, the SMTP address still does not appear. If I create the SMTP address manually, I get the following error in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 7/12/2005 Time: 7:30:17 AM User: N/A Computer: MXCA2 Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountContr...

Troubleshooting SMTP delivery
I've setup a Perl sendmail script on a client's web server. The server is running Microsoft Exchange. The script runs fine, and using Sendmail's log feature, I get a confirmation that the message is queued for delivery: 250 2.6.0 Queued mail for delivery But the message never makes it to its intended recipient. Where in Exchange should we be looking for the problem? (I'm the web developer and not familair with Exchange-- I'm working with the client's IT person to try to resolve the issue) Thanks, Kevin ...

SMTP Connector #9
I want to delete a smtp connector from the Exchange System Manager but it doesn't allow to delete. i right-click the the connector to be deleted, it doesn't have the "delete" option. How can i delete the unwanted smtp connected? ...

Overflow of FE SMTP email queues, is this normal?
I have a front-end 2k3 sp2 exchange server that had to be rebooted this morning. Upon reboot, the server had 1863 message queues, with several messages in each queue. All of the messages had a blank Sender field. Our setup has 2 backend 2k3 sp2 exchange servers that send mail directly to the internet. All incoming mail hits the FE server and is delivered to the appropriate BE server. The FE server also handles OWA. I have connection, recipient, and sender filters enabled, and recently enabled Sender ID filtering, and IMF. Yet every time I stop and restart my Default SMTP Virtual Server...

Second SMTP Address Space
Hi All, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a situation which I have at present. We have recently been bought out and have been tasked to, initially, make it appear as though both companies have a common email address structure. Although I know how to make email be forwarded to the old email addresses I'm struggling getting the sender address changed. Existing SMTP domain which we need to recieve and send from has set up contacts which forward to our old SMTP domain. This works. I've tried adding a recipient policy which creates another email address on the old SMTP domain ...

Troubleshoot Performanceproblems
Hi, My E-mailsystem E2K and Outlook2002 have started to show a few performance problems. What is the best way to pinpoint this out. Sometimes a bar is coming up and tells me that data is retrieved from the exchangeserver. The servername that shows up is sometimes a mailboxserver, sometimes a GC. Any tips appreciated TIA /Mariah ...

troubleshoot views in calendar
When in Calendar view, I like to use the month, and also at the right I like to see 6 months of the small calendar, as well as the task list below that. However, when I close Outlook and then open Outlook again, the calendar view goes back to showing just the month view. It won't seem to keep the view as I set it. I've looked everywhere I can think, but can't seem to find a fix. Can someone help? ...

Virtual SMTP server relay
What are the proper steps to have my Exchange 2003 server send mail via my ISP's or web-provider's SMTP server? This is what I did so far, but I am not sure if I am right: Under System Manager / Administrative Groups / First Admin grp / Routing groups / First routing grp / Connectors / SMTP Properties, I chose "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts" and then entered my web-provider's SMTP server. I'm not sure this is working all the time though. Is this the right way to do it? Tim Nevermind, I did the testing on my own and it works...

Distribution List Troubleshooting
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. HELP!!!!! ...

SMTP and E2 w/SP3
I am running Exchange Server 2000 with SP3 installed on an internal network. All outside mail is handled through the ISP email and there is no forwarding to the internal Exchange server. Until last week I had not problem but a SMTP problem has started. Some outside email get forwarded some do not. It is always the same that don't.send and remain in the queue. The error is the Queue is "An SMTP protocol error occurred." Example: All mail to be delivered to any user @cox.net ends up the folder in the queue named cox.net All mail to be delivered to any user ...

Process to troubleshoot Outlook hanging.
I have Outlook 2002 SP3. It frequently just hangs during send and receive. Particularly when it says it is "Selecting..." at the bottom. I use all IMAP accounts. Is there are series of step I can use to troubleshoot it? I have already ran Scanpst with no errors. Thanks, Mike ...

Troubleshooting Installation
Everytime I try to install Publisher 2003 when I click next on the window that gives you the option for a complete, typical or custom install, the window disappears. I have restarted my computer and have tried a 1000 times! Does anyone know what is wrong here?? Katie what version of Windows are you using??? Do you have a virus infection??? -- I have Windows XP Pro and I do not have a virus--I updated my definitions and scanned my computer. >-----Original Message----- >Katie what version of Windows are you using??? > >Do you have a virus infection??? > >-- > ...

Troubleshoot when exiting Excel.
I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files into Pdf files using acrobat writter V5.0. I have trouble when I want to exit excel. Before, it was happening from time to time but now it has become frequent. What should I do to stop this? Hi what trouble do you have exactly=? -error message - Crash -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Leirbag" <Leirbag@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:369F78B9-2520-4726-81A2-CCA5ED51A4B0@microsoft.com... > I am working with MS Office XP 2003. I Use to convert my excel files into Pdf >...

2003 SMTP Connector and multiple SMTP Virtual driver problems
I'm having problems getting mail to be handled by the desired SMTP virtual driver. I have one SMTP virtual driver that is used for incoming MX mail that uses recipient and sender filtering and allows annonymous connections. I have another that is used for clients to send mail that does not have filtering and requires authentication. The SMTP connections to each of these looks fine. Then the mail is routed. I can't seem to control how the mail gets sent from the server. I want it to all go out using the second istance without filtering. I want to do this to prevent MX mail with th...