Trapping Ligitimate Mail

Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3.  I know I can adjust the
sensitivity of the filter.  It seems to be catching most
spam, however, one person's mail always seems to be
trapped.  This person usually has to send zip files.  Is
is possible force exchange to accept mail from this
person?  Is the file attachment the issue?

Thank you,
Justin

You could add them to the safe senders list within the IMF filter.

"Justin" wrote:

> Have IMF installed on Exch 2k3.  I know I can adjust the
> sensitivity of the filter.  It seems to be catching most
> spam, however, one person's mail always seems to be
> trapped.  This person usually has to send zip files.  Is
> is possible force exchange to accept mail from this
> person?  Is the file attachment the issue?
>
> Thank you,
> Justin

0
fry (2)

Sending mail on different connectors by domain
Hi, i'm using Exchange 2003 Enterprise Ed. on cluster configuration and my server manage some domain names, in this moment i have one only SMTP connector pointing to smarthost in dmz. I want to configure some of users in a domain to sending mail directly without passing from the smarthost. (ex: user@xyz.com -> smarthost - user@abc.com -> directly). How can i configure all in order to make that? Someone can help me? Thanks! SMTP connectors can only handle actual domains, not specific e-mail addresses. In this case, you could have your default connector with the address sp...

What's the diff between MS Exchange Server and Internet E-mail?
I guess I know what Internet E-mail is: it logs onto your ISP's servers to send and receive, right? But what exactly is Exchange Server? -- -Dave It's a (local) mailserver mainly used in organizations which allows you to share Outlook items and lots more; http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net ...

E-mail error?
Recently my email ceased sending/receiving. The program has started asking me to enter in my username and password each time I try to send/receive (it never did that before); however, the log-in window just reappears after I click 'Ok'. I'm fairly certain I am entering the correct information -- it isn't telling me that I'm not. If I click cancel, I then receive an error message that says: Account: 'Shaw Email (smckelly)', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Por...

Mail Folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am a Mac noob, wanted to use Entourage in hopes that it was similar to Windows Live Mail. The problem that I am having is this: when Entourage downloads my emails from the server it does not download the folder headings. All of my emails in different folders that I've set up in my account automatically go into the Inbox. Is there a way that I can have Entourage show the folders within the respective accounts, sort of like in Windows Live Mail? On 12/28/09 3:27 AM, jawe347@officeformac....

VLookup VBA error trapping
Can anyone tell me how to modify this formula to trap errors? I tried wrapping it in IsError (code) Then...but it doesn't work. Public Sub RunMeNow() Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet2") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 3 To iLastRow 'iLastRow to 1 Step -1 .Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.VLookup( _ .Cells(i, "A").Value, Range("RegionGrouping"), 2, False) Next i End With End Sub Or any other way I can handle an error with this type of pr...

Duplicate E-mail
Still getting duplicate E-mails from mail server. I'm using outlook 2002 and have 4 pop accounts in use. 2 are getting there E-mail from the same E-mail server. I have used them in a different send and receive group and started getting this error. I moved them to the same group and have deleted the pop accounts, after that created them again and still get the duplicate E-mail over and over again. Who knows how to get these pop accounts up and running without getting the E-mails over and over again. I had a similar problem on a workstation and perhaps this may work for you. Try going ...

Allow ability to only send e-mail to self - Similiar to a "Suggestion Box"
We are creating an e-mail account that will be shared by everyone. User will send messages to our "HR department. It is being set up so that everyone can send e-mail without revealing the person who sent it. Similiar to a "Suggestion box" using e-mail. Any ideas ? How do stop a mailbox from sending to a outside account if I am unable to remove the SMTP address, which I could do in 5.5 Thanks in advance Kevin You can deny the account the ability to send mail out of the Default Virtual SMTP server or your SMTP connector. Bob "Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrot...

Windows Mail Outbox
My outbox is completely locked up. Have a large pic file in it I was going to send. "Internet Explorer not responding", and then closes out. Any ideas? What does Internet Explorer have to do with Windows Mail? This I don't understand. If you have a message in the Windows Mail Outbox that is stuck, click to work offline and then see if it will delete. If not, see this. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Br...

Mail Delayed/Returned
We are experiencing some major problems sending/receving email. External emails are either delayed or not coming in at all. People are getting a "Broken Pipe" and "Connection Reset by Peer" messages in their NDR. It's not affecting all email just certain domains. Some email leving here has been delayed as well with a 4.4.7 status "Reporting-MTA dns;server.morrisonhomes.local" Any ideas? What is between you and the recipient? And how about your DNS? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Slim&q...

trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL
Hi there, I'm trying to trap the LVN_ENDSCROLL notification in my parent, but don't seem to get it. Here's what I have. In my parent's header: void OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); In the source: void CSKListCtrl::OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); *pResult = 0; } In the message map: ON_NOTIFY(LVN_ENDSCROLL, WM_QUICKLIST, OnLvnEndScroll) where WM_QUICKLIST is mapped to my child's ID. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Well since I couldn't find a way of trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL, I just used the HSCROL...

Receiving Duplicated E-mails
I recently switched computers and also upgraded to Outlook 2002. Unfortunatly my e-mails now seem to remain on the server indefinitly. I've checked my "Tools, Options, E-Mail Accounts, Advanced" settings and "Leave Copy of Message on Server" is NOT checked off. Is there some other place where I have to tell it to "Delete E- mail from Server upon Receipt"??? (This is getting annoying, I'm now receiving 60 e-mails a day, 40 of which are ones I've read before). I have a customer who uses AT&T as one of their providers, and has an e-mail acc...

Main text box in outgoing mail not accepting edits. Why?
I have a bit of a problem, I can type anywhere but the text portion of an e-mail in Outlook. Any suggestions on what I should try to fix it? ...

opening mail
mail that I open appears minimized in the tool bar and then has to be right clicked and the maximized to view it. This was one result of an email virus from a friend. How can I change it back to opening in a new window? thank you It is actually opening off-screen. Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. ***Close all other windows*** except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to full screen size. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you open it again. -- ...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

accidenly delete a mail enabled user
Dear all, I would like to delete a mail enabled user. However, I haven't deleted its mailbox in "Exchange Tasks" before I delete the user id. Now, the user id is deleted but the the mailbox is still retained and I can't do anything on it, even I have ran the cleanup agent. Will it still be disappeared after a the retension period? Thank you very much Keith Check the store's properties | limits tab | deletion settings. It will show you how long deleted mailboxes will be kept, and whether the mailbox will be purged if the store hasn't been backed up. -- B...

Mail Sending Question
Hi. Both of my computers exhibit this feature, and I don't understand why. When I send one simple email message, the status bar shows "Sending 2 of 2." I'm really sending only 1. Any thoughts on why this behavior? The second computer is new, with a new installation of the software. Thanks for any feedback or insight. -- TIA Dana it's a bug in outlook 2007. if you have multiple accounts it adds a number to the number of messages being sent. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlo...

Schedule mail delievery
Hi, Is is possible to schedule a composed mail to be delivered at a particular time other than now (the instance u click send)? In your open email, click on Options and you can check the box "do not deliver before" and set the date/time there. -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Onawole, Clement Oladapo" wrote: > Hi, > Is is possible to schedule a composed mail to be delivered at a > particular time other than now (the instance...

Junk Mail Filter #6
This is a repost that did not produce a responsive answer the first time. I recently reloaded XP and Office 2003 on my computer. My email is a POP3 account. I also use Norton Antispam for spam. Before reloading everything there were no messages going into the Junk Mail folder. Now there are. Some of the messages in the Junk Mail folder have even been marked by Norton as spam. I have set Outlook to "No Automatic Filtering" but message are still being put in that folder. Norton still will put some messages into the Norton Antispam folder also. Note I am not getting false posi...

Sent mail #2
For the last week I have been unable to see any "sent" mail. The option is checked in email options. Also if I carbon myself on an email, I get the audible response that I have received an email but never receive it!!! Need help! thank you Check your view options on that folder to see whether you're filtering on anything. pappybaynes wrote: > For the last week I have been unable to see any "sent" > mail. The option is checked in email options. Also if I > carbon myself on an email, I get the audible response > that I have received an email but ne...

Trapping errors
How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores them? See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message Thanks Tony Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:uWKdkqVzHHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores > them? > See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message > Thanks >...

can't send to outside e-mail
Some users, apparently those who cannot receive e-mail, cannot send to certain e-mail addresses. I have had automatic e-mails going out every evening for the last four or five years. Our network administrator recently upgraded to windows 2003 server. Since that time e-mails form cetrain users will not be delivered to certain outside e-mail addresses. For these same users some e-mails will be delivered. Please help, I need the e-mail messages and my network administrator does not seem interested in the problem What kind of NDR do you receive? "JoeElla" <JoeElla@discuss...

Additional Attachments on E-mail mailshots
I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of attachments. Send the publication as a PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here often. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a save as PDF converter: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

Incoming junk mail not going to Junk E-Mail folder
Yes, yes, here I am again. I have this situation where the incoming e-mail is not being dropped into the Junk E-Mail folder. The setting is set to low, which is the default, yet all the junk mail which would normally drop into my Junk E-Mail folder ends up in my Inbox. I had this recently and I was searching for a solution, but had not made any changes in days, and then it just started working again. Unfortunately, I had to reformat the drive and reinstall everything and now this has come up again. What fun. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is Outlook 2003 under WinXP SP2 w...

Mail not visible in outlook #2
Hi sbs 2003 standard. If I go into outlook web access using <ip address>/remote I can see all user created folders under inbox and all emails in them. In outlook however I only see the subfolders under inbox but no mail items in any of them. If I do send/receive I get the following error; Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107):' Could not open the item. Try again. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Many Thanks Regards On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:19:05 -0000, "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >sbs 200...

First Class Mail Import
I have a new site that was recently purchased by my company, they are using First Class Mail Verison 8, i need to export that data from FCM and import it into my exchange server. Has anyone had any experience with this piece of software or worked with the import of its data into exchange. any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ArtimusMaximus ...