tracking user messages

Hi
how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending
message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP
connection through internet)

thanks at all

0
frdt (5)

Try auditing successfull logon events then search the log for that
account...if memory serves that will give you computer name and username.

"Frédéric de Thysebaert" wrote:

> Hi
> how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending
> message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP
> connection through internet)
>
> thanks at all

0
knightly (222)
4/24/2006 8:51:02 PM
Are they sending using MAPI or SMTP?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Fr�d�ric de Thysebaert" <frdt@redcross-fr.be> wrote in message
> Hi
> how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending
> message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP
> connection through internet)
>
> thanks at all

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/24/2006 9:51:37 PM
Using  MAPI, not SMTP where there a log trace in a directory

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> a �crit dans le message de
news: O0STEl%23ZGHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Are they sending using MAPI or SMTP?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Fr�d�ric de Thysebaert" <frdt@redcross-fr.be> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending
>> message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP
>> connection through internet)
>>
>> thanks at all

0
frdt (5)

How do I change a default Message Delivery option?
I have a user who has managed to change his default email option to have "Expires after" turned on by default. I would like it turned off. I've tried turning it off and saving it as a template, but I would like it off in the default case... ...

How to setup "Read Only" Front End with Query Design Abilities for users ?
We want certain users to be able to write their own queries... We want to start simple... allowing them to create their own queries & reports... but not change any data. (They can use our standard front end for inputting and editing records) Thanks for any help. Mel Mel Have a look at http://www.sharewareconnection.com/quick-query.htm or http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=CreateQueries5.mdb HTH Peter Hibbs. On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 05:41:33 -0700, Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: >We want certain users to be able to write their own queries... &g...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Getting NDR from user that is no longer a delegate (meeting reques
We're getting an NDR from a user that used to be a delegate of someone's calendar, but is no longer. I checked the original meeting request and then checked each attendees delegates, but the user isn't listed. look at this article id 253557 ...

Office 2004 error message
I had to initialize my MacBook Pro and reinstalled everything. I am unable to use any of the Office 2004 applications because I keep getting an error message, "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library". I cannot find a way to uninstall and reinstall the office programs, and can't figure out any other way to fix this problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, since I really don't want to start all over again without knowing what is creating the problem. On 4/8/07 9:53 PM, in article 1176094437.296015.266390@y66g2000hsf.g...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Receive an error message when setting permissions of a public fold
When I use Microsoft Outlook to set the permissions of a public folder in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 mailbox, I receive the error message: The modified permissions cannot be saved. The client operation failed. When I use Exchange System Manager to set the permissions on the same public folder in an Exchange 2003 mailbox, I receive the error message: Invalid Windows handle. ID no. 80040102 The Microsoft knowledge base article #836897 states "To resolve this problem, install Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)." I have already installed Exchange 2003 SP1 som...

Email User Size
System Manager shows a user's mailbox size at over 3G. The ost says 600MB. Recently performed an offline defrag as well. The user uses a laptop through rpc or http as well as a desktop but I have removed the cache mode from that machine as well as the ost. Cannot figure out whether I need to delete the user's email account and recreate it or not. Any help would be appreciated. In ESM, go View | Add Remove coulumns and add the Deleted Items coulmn. Does that account for the discrepency? If so, delete their deleted items.... "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

AD User (Email) for Queue
Hi All, I just want some clarification for AD User/Email Account that is associated with CRM Queue. Do we need to disable this account? I read in the step by step in instructions from Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration Curriculum: ================================================ If the Support Queue user account is enabled (it should not be if you selected the Disable this account option earlier), then right-click the Support Queue user object, click Disable Account and click OK. WARNING: Ensure that this account is a disabled account. If this account is not a disabled accoun...

User Manager Problem 01-29-06
Hello all, I have a problem attempting to create a user. I get the following error "User 1 ( Timothy Cocaro ) failed: Application Error (8004022c) - SOAP Server Application Faulted" I have read the other threads relating to this which suggest that I should add users through the crm_web which I have and works fine. However I want to know why "User Manager" doesnt work because I feel the same issue is affecting the import of the XML through the "configuration wizard" I have found a website describing this problem (http://ts2blogs.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2005...

Cann't receive or send messages
This message I received An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Dr. Sherif M. Saad', Server: 'mail.kwtembassy.org', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005 The 0x80004005 error is usually a result of a corrupted message structure on the server. In your browser go to your provider's webmail portal and log in. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail ...

Office in 1 computer, but 2 user/profiles
I bought a "regular" MS Office for Mac (Student and Teacher Edition) and installed it without problems. However, it only shows up on my primary (admin) account, but not on the guest account, even though I have all MS Office programs enabled in the System Preferences so that the guest account can use it. This is not a multi-user office or anything that requires a multi-user license; the guest account is mostly for family/friends when they are visiting and need to use Office... I'm sure there is a way to fix this?? Thanks, Erick. On 9/29/07 11:07 AM, in article 1191089252.53892...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

Cannot add new users
We can update existing users, but when trying to add new users we get the following: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Source Er...

associating AD user accounts with Mailbox in 2003
Hello, This may be a very specific question, but someone may have had this issue before. I am using aelita to migrate from 5.5. For one particular user account aelita could not associate the user account with the mailbox, so it automatically made a new AD account specifically for the mailbox. This points back to the users original and correct AD user account. I need to change the association of this so i can add mailbox features under the original AD user account. And then i can import the old mailbox into the correct spot, and therefore OWA may then also work. How can i remove the associ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

creating phone messages
How do I create a phone message in Outlook? There is something similar in Lotus Notes (dreaded Lotus Notes). Is there an equivalent? I can't seem to find that option either. Do you know what version it is on in Outlook? Does anyone know how to access this option? ...

no limits assigned but user gets an error
We do not have any limitations either on our mailboxes nor on the message transfer, but when two of our users tried to attach files they received the following error message, "The message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." Any ideas? I checked all the Servers and we do not have any limitations set up. Is it possible that the Outlook is confusing the error messages. We have Exchange 2003 in the background and Outlook 2000 for client. Thank you. "=?Utf-8?B?aCBncmVnb3JpYW4=?=" <hgregorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:...

MDI and 'User Handles' in Task-Manager
Hello, I have an MDI application and each MDI child has a very big number of child windows (controls). Now I control the 'User Handles' in Task Manager. After I open an MDI child the number of 'user handles' increase. Then I close the MDI child, the number of 'user handles' goes down but not to the level before I open the MDI. Is the display of the 'user handles' OK and I have to look for the missing handles ? -- So long Frank Iversen >I have an MDI application and each MDI child has a very big number of >child windows (controls). > >Now ...

How to delete text in word doc based on user selection
I'm trying to create a word template that will have a form appear at the start and depending on what checkboxes are selected by the users the document will delete certain paragraphs. ie The Form asks the user to select which paragraphs to use and if they only select 1, 2 & 3 then those will remain but all others will be deleted. This is a 'once size fits all' Statement of Work document but only certain sections are relavent depending on what the user selects. I've got the form done, I just need to know how to acheieve this? I'm thinking of selecting ea...

Instant message ?
Hi, I want to install the MSN Instant Message in the LAN environment which has VLANs, is this possible ? doe MSN go through the VLANs ? Thank you "Benson Lei" <greenb@netvigator.com> wrote: >I want to install the MSN Instant Message in the LAN environment which has >VLANs, >is this possible ? doe MSN go through the VLANs ? VLANs look no different to IP than regular networks. But what's MSN got to do with Exchange? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...