Tracking mail account logons by script.

Hi,

I need to create a script that will track when an email account is logged on
and put the account name and time logged on into a csv file. We are running 5
Exchange 2003 Servers and want to keep track of how many students are using
their email accounts.
Thanks for any suggestions.

CJ

0
cj (143)

If you just want to track how many - ESM will show you mailbox logons that
can be exported to CSV.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to create a script that will track when an email account is logged
> on
> and put the account name and time logged on into a csv file. We are
> running 5
> Exchange 2003 Servers and want to keep track of how many students are
> using
> their email accounts.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> CJ

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/22/2006 10:45:03 PM
Yes, but I need something more automated. We want to track over an extended
period and if I don't have to, I would prefer not to do an export every
morning. That's why I thought a script would get the job done. Thank you for
your input though.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> If you just want to track how many - ESM will show you mailbox logons that
> can be exported to CSV.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to create a script that will track when an email account is logged
> > on
> > and put the account name and time logged on into a csv file. We are
> > running 5
> > Exchange 2003 Servers and want to keep track of how many students are
> > using
> > their email accounts.
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > CJ

0
cj (143)

Can't send e-mails (most likely different problem than the other one)
It won't let me send e-mails: ...reported error (0x800CCC0F): the connection to the server was interrupted... and when I do "Test Account Settings": ...Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail server (SMPT). The problem could be the server name... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Sending e-mail " Error"
When sending an email, I recieve the following error. Task 'pop.earthlink.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 No recipient(s).' My ISP says he can't fix it and it is an Outlook/Microsoft issue. Can you help? Go into the properties for that account within Outlook. Make sure that My Server Requires Authentication is checked. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - ...

How do I get other email form my other accounts to show up
I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up on my outlook and I have an email with my university, I would like to show up on my outlook. Is this possible and how if it is? How to Configure Outlook with Hotmail http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287424 How do I add a POP3 email account in MS Outlook 2003? http://support.ephost.com/Customer/KBArticle.aspx?articleid=3 "MIKE25" <MIKE25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC42F32B-FCB4-42C3-AA1D-E29D3E314DCA@microsoft.com... >I have an email with hotmail, I would like to show up ...

Consolidation of Mail Servers
Hi, I have to replace 2 of 6 exchange 2003 mail servers with 1 new email server (so i would have 4 intotal at the end). I am planning to setup the new exchange 2003 server, add it to the organisation as a totally new mail server, then i am planning to move all resources/mailboxes from the 2 mail servers that i am taking out, and only after all resources are re-homed on the new server will i un-install exchange from them. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Thanks, That sounds find, just make sure one of those servers that you are retiring was not the first Exchange ...

Junk Mail Filter (KB981432) for Outlook 2003 Feeds ALL Mail to Inb
Hello - Installed Update for MS Office 2003 Junk Mail Filter (KB981432) Dated 4-12-2010 sends ALL mail, junk and non junk mail to my Inbox. I fixed the problem by Uninstalling this update. The filtering process is restored. However, I am looking for a way to accept MS Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Filter updates in a way that does not eliminate the ability of Outlook to filter my mail. I'm running Vista Home Premium, Norton Internet Security & Godzilla Spam blocker. Short of upgrading to Outlook 1007, any ideas? Thanks ...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Cant send e-mail
Good morning, I have outlook 2000 and all of a sudden last night I am unable to send an e-mail I get an error of 0x800ccc0f. I have check my setting and cant see anything out of place...any help would be greatly appericated, Thanks and have a great day! ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...

Citrix and direct mail
Does the direct mail (templates) functionality work under Citrix? Bas ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin #2
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Coma between two e-mails
I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With the comma key. But that's something you do in your e-mail client. Hemang wrote: > I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With email address 1 in A1 and email address 2 in A2 =A1 & "," & A2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700, Hemang <Hemang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700 from Hemang <Hemang@discussion...

E-Mail not working after adding host header
Hi, I must have messed up along the way somewhere during the install. I had to type http://server to get to my crm website. I moved the crm website from port 80 to 8000 and I got my default site back. No problem, I just use http://server:8000 to access crm, except it can't send mail. If I change it back to use port 80 without host header it will send e-mail. So, here is the million dollar question. How do I configure it to use port 80 with crmweb as the host header for it to let my e-mail work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Ric Ric, Are you talking about e-mails to the CRM sy...

Outlook e-mail
When accessing outlook on my 2 computers the inbox of each computer contain different e-mails. How do you synchronize the e-mails for both computers??? That would completely depend on the email account type and version of Outlook that you are using. Assuming POP3; in your account settings you can configure the option to leave a copy on the server for x days. Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 and http://www.msoutlook.info/question/241 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, How...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

associating AD user accounts with Mailbox in 2003
Hello, This may be a very specific question, but someone may have had this issue before. I am using aelita to migrate from 5.5. For one particular user account aelita could not associate the user account with the mailbox, so it automatically made a new AD account specifically for the mailbox. This points back to the users original and correct AD user account. I need to change the association of this so i can add mailbox features under the original AD user account. And then i can import the old mailbox into the correct spot, and therefore OWA may then also work. How can i remove the associ...

Account Statement #2
Hi, I have modified the customer statement in RMS. Can you give me the code that I need in order to keep the details contained in the footer section of the statement glued to the bottom of the page. At the moment if the statement runs over the first page the footer details appear just below the details section instead of at the bottom of the next page. I hVE includeD the code for the document below. Any suggestions would be of great help. <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-16"?> <XML> <PROPERTIES> <DESCRIPTION> Kelly Account Statement &l...

new server old e-mails
I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same. Do the setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our domian is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com. I make the change and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com. I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes. the problem i am having is when users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would bounce back as undeliverable. The full name of the recepient shows on the To f...

REPOST: OL03 multiple Hotmail accounts
Hi. I have my normal hotmail account and one i use for newsgroups, etc. I have both accounts set up within Outlook 2003 as well as a single POP account. Outlook seems to get confused with the hotmail accounts. Sometimes one account's folders appear beneath both accounts in the 'Mail Folders' panel. I have to restart Outlook to fix this. And sometimes Outlook reports 'incorrect password' for one account, even though the password is definitely correct. I never had problems like this with a single hotmail account. Are these known issues? Does Outlook support mul...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

Adding e-mail accounts #2
How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email list? That is a web site, not an email address. Tell us what you are trying to accomplish and someone can probably point you in the right direction. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jnight007 asked: | How do I add http://mortgagemailpro.com to my Outllook 2003 email | list? The email account is info@investmagic.com it is in the web account of ...