Tracking Distribution Group Usage (Exchange 2003)

Is there some way, within Exchange 2003, to determine what distribution
groups are being used, how often they are being used, and by whom?

I'd like to remove any groups that aren't being used but I don't know
how to determine which ones they would be.

-Alan

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Exchange 2003 service pack1
Does Exchange 20003 service Pack 1 require a reboot after installation? David "David Knight" <davidjonknight@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >Does Exchange 20003 service Pack 1 require a reboot after >installation? > > >David Depends what else is happening on the box. One box in the lab was running Exchange only and didn't, another box running a couple of other bits of muck caused a reboot request. Does it make a difference anyway? If the Exchange services are offline for the SP anyway, another 5 minutes for a reboot wouldn't be a problem? Mark Arnold M...

aggregating emails for group reply
Say I have 100 emails from various people in my email box. I would like to send a single response to all of them (preferably with all of them in the bcc field). I prefer not going to each one separately with a reply or going to each email to save the recipient contact info, then put them in a contact group and then send a reply. Has anyone got any suggestions how I can do this quickly? create a view with only the from email address showing. copy the view and paste into the bcc field of a new message. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/...

Scroll Bar Disappears in Word 2003
After Quality Center and an Adobe update were installed, the scroll bars have disappeard from Word 2003. I can add them to each document by clicking on Tools, Options, etc. but I would rather the scroll bars were always there. How can I get the scroll bar to stay, instead of having to manually add it to each document? Thanks. Create a template in which you create the following macros Sub AutoNew() Application.DisplayScrollBars = True End Sub Sub AutoOpen() Application.DisplayScrollBars = True End Sub and save it in the Word Startup Folder. Then whenever you...

Password changing, IIS6/FE Exch 2003 > IIS5/BE Exch 2000 problem
I have a new front end Exchange 2003 server, and a existing back end Exchange 2000 server. In the new front end server, the password changing call is for an .htr extention, something that no longer exists in IIS6. It seems that it's getting the path information from the Exchange 2000 Back End server, which has had the ism2asp.dll and htr2asp.exe packages executed on it (btw the htr2asp just registered asp.dll to the .htr files, and did not replace them with asp pages). Summary, I cannot change the password from the front end sever because it is trying to call .htr pages. ...

how do i restore deleted email with out exchange?
I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you don't have exchange? If the mailbox was stored in a .PST, you may be out of luck. The first thing to do is burn a copy of the .PST file to a CD. Next, I would use Google to search for something like "email recovery service". Good luck! "Kameelah" wrote: > I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you > don't have exchange? Thanks I'll see how that works. BTW what is a PST file. "MichaelHensley" wrote: > If the mailbox was stored in a...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Syncronize laptop and desktop 2003
I've been using Act! for years to manage my schedule and contacts. However, I recently switched to XP-64 and Act! no longer works. With Act! I could easily syncronize my databases so my laptop and desktop remained current. Is there a way I can do this with Outlook 2003? Thanks, Sam not easily.... see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm for possible solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

Exchange on SBS 2003 #2
Hi Everyone. I am a bit of a newbie on exchange and have a question. I have configured my server to enable me to pick up my email from the ISP, I currently use the account provided as standard so everything to the domain goes to it. I have set this account up as the global account on the exchange server for getting POP email from my domain. In addition I have two users, User A and User B, these both receive internet mail which the Exchange server picks up for them and has it delivered , this works OK, So far so good. I want to set up a public folder called 'Sales Mail' which b...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

Outlook/Exchange communication issue...
We have been having issues with Outlook and one of our remote locations for a while now. Sometimes when a user at the remote location will attempt to send an e-mail Outlook will lock-up for a minute or more. After this time has passed the e-mail will usually be sent. One odd thing that occurs though is sometimes after the e-mail had been sent another blank new email window will be left behind in the exact same location the sent email had been sitting. This is not due to the user hitting "New Email" twice. I have witnessed this first hand. Today one of the users at the l...

Help! Distribution lists
Hello, One of the users at my work has a strange problem with one of their distribution lists. When he sends a mail to that list, he gets a reply saying that it's undeliverable and the reason was that there was "no transport provider available". He gets this reply for all 15 people on his distribution list. When he sends to them individually however, it all works fine. I've checked the emails they are all just standard addresses, our email server is working fine, because he can send other mail. He even has 4 other distribution lists similiar to this problematic on...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

sending e-mails in sales process to a DL group in Outlook
E-mails need to be sent to more than one credit analyst in the opportunity sales process workflow when an activity on an opportunity is closed. The e-mail activity follows the wait on the activity to close. E-mail in workflow manager for an opportunity can be sent to a logical user (owner, owners manager, account,contact, account/contact), hard coded user, contact or account. How do I get an e-mail to a user group in workflow? We have identified options below do you have anything better? Create a DL Group for the Credit Analysts then 1. Setup a Contact as a group for the Credit Analysts. Creat...

Outlook spikes CPU usage with no recovery
Hi, Thanks for anyone's help, I'm a novice. I downloaded SP 2 on a desktop, I couldn't restart my machine, so I did a system restore, and now I can't use my Outlook program. When I do, it spikes the CPU usage to 100% and it stays there until I get out of Outlook. Worse, it's doing the same thing to my laptop. For both, when I log-off, I get a program that's not responding called THORCONNWINDCLASS, whatever that is, and have to "END NOW" to get the machine to log-off. Did I get a virus? Did I lose something when I downloaded Sp 2? Any ideas? T...