Tracking an email <<advanced>>

Hello Everyone,

I have just received a request to find out the path an email sent by
our President took. She sent it out to everyone in the company and they
want to know what everyone did with that email. eg - forwared it
outside of the company or whatever....I have message tracking on and
have the logs I need but it doesn't give me an option to track by
subject. Only ID or sender....Ant suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris

You could use logparser to query the message tracking logs based on the
message subject. Logparser is a cool tool from MS that is free to
download and use....

something along the lines of

logparser " select sender-address, recipient-address into file1.csv
from logfile.log where message-subject like'%text%' "

you'd need to play with that to make sure its format is correct but it
should work. If i search on a weeks worth of message tracking logs - i
use "from ex*.log" using the * wildcard.

Hope it helps - there may be a simpler way but off the top of my head
its all i could think of - aside from using ESM to query any mail that
routes through your internet connectors to the outside world?.?

cmpinnelli@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have just received a request to find out the path an email sent by
> our President took. She sent it out to everyone in the company and they
> want to know what everyone did with that email. eg - forwared it
> outside of the company or whatever....I have message tracking on and
> have the logs I need but it doesn't give me an option to track by
> subject. Only ID or sender....Ant suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Chris

replying to a forwarded email using another address
Hi, I get my email forwarded from my website to Outlook. When I reply from Outlook the address shows my computer address. Is there anyway I can configure Outlook so that the address shows my website address? ...

Lost email- URGENT!!!
I have been experiencing a problem losing emails. from my inbox and my sub-folders, many of which are from my business clients, that require a response from me. this is posing a serious problem for me. I don't know where to begin to look to correct this problem. my question is, what would cause this problem and how can it be corrected ? Is there a way to automatically backup my emails so my mail can be recovered if necessary ? What email client are you using? Do you mean that you receive emails and they disappear or that you are not receiving emails expected. (How you can back ...

.email attachments
I have been getting some emails lately with a .email as the attachment. Outlook Exress won't open these. Any tips? If possible, please respond to my email address listed above. Thanks. Rename them to *.eml. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, D...

EMail Read-receipts
Hi, Can we have email read-receipt functionality please. We use quick campaigns to send out questionnaires but do need a read-receipt to indicate that the email has been seen. -- Pete ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Moving Emails to a Public Folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 automatically forwarding anything sent to several email addresses to one public folder. The problem is that these items appear in the public folder with the "Posted To:" field, but not the "To:" field, so we don't know which email address it was sent to (without looking in the headers). When you reply, the original email in the body still only references the public folder "Posted To:" field, and not the email address it was originally sent to. Is there a way to change this behavior so the "To:" field is displayed? If not,...

Emailing from Publisher #3
A friend has OFFICE 2003. Outlook and Publisher are both 2003. BEFORE I cleaned up temp files, she was able to "Send Page As Message" in Publisher. Now, she gets "Publisher cannot mail your publication because part of the mail system is missing..." All I did was delete temp files ("C:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\temp" and "C:\windows\temp"), and run "ccleaner". I've put off the "reinstall your mail program" suggestion from the error message as I don't know if she can find the install CD... Is there any ...

attachment/email size limits
This is somewhat of a poll for the admins out there. In general, for those who admin exchange servers with multiple clients, (and or sites). Do you limit email size or attachment sizes? And if so, what is your limit set to? (I'm not refering to inbox or account size limits, I'm referring to the size of individual emails). Currently our company has no limit on what can be sent or received. Although most of our outside recipients that we email with on a regular basis do have limits. Most range from the 3 to 5 meg range. 40MB for incoming, 15MB for outgoing. Jayjay wrote: ...

Message Stuck in Outbox to Only One Particular Email Address
Hi: I have Outlook 2007 and have been using it for about 2 months or so. I have encountered a problem with sending emails. I have sent emails to a particular email address (WinTips-Tricks@yahoogroups.com ) and the emails get stuck in the outbox. The CPU usage is very high (about 76%) and the taskbar icon flashes furiously. If I look in the outbox, the email is also doing a staccato flash. At the bottom of Outlook the send says complete, yet the flashing taskbar icon, and flashing email in the outbox remain. After awhile (about 2-3 minutes) this stops, but the email remains in the outbox....

emails. I have NO Clue
I have no clue as to how to get my emails sent to my outlook 2002. I have a web site and there are several addresses int here but I cant figure out how to get them to outlook. Then I tryed to set up my outlook and it asked for username, email address, passowrd, login name, I dint know what info goes where. whats my friggin username. Do I make one up? Whats my password? Do I use my password that allows me to log onto the mail server? Whats my email address? Do I use my aol address or my web site address. This is far more confusing than I EVER thought. Please HELP! -- Tia Ask your ISP. ...

how to export email accounts
Hi, I am reinstalling XP on my Dell computer, reformatting the hard disk. I will then install Outlook 2003. Now I use Outlook 2002. How can I export the email accounts settings (I use 10 email accounts) to a file that I can use to import later? Thank you very much, Pietro Unfortunately Outlook 2003 can only import account settings from Outlook Express and Eudora Pro. It cannot import account settings from a file. Outlook Express is also unable to import account settings from a file so it would be impossible to import the accounts into Outlook Express and then import them into Outlook...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

email address autopick
I have an issue with adresse autopick feature on o/l 2003.=20 Every time I log out and log back in, I lose address cache=20 and am forced to type the whole address. Is there any=20 setting for persistent address cache that I need to enable=20 in outlook. I've looked through all dialogs in Tools=E0=20 Options - but to no avail. Any help is appreciated. Your Outlook profile is corrupt. You'll need to create a new one. You'll then start over with a brand new autocompletion cache. If you think you have a substantial cache that you want to restore, post back (seems unlikely if you have...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Unable to send or receive email
I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I set up my account worked fine, but I am not able to send or receive any email. When I compose a new message, there isn't a send button. Outlook works perfectly for other users on the same computer. I have disabled add ins one at a time but nothing seems to make a difference. I would appreciate any help. On 9 Jul, 05:54, marmievv <marmi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am unable to send or receive email. The test email that was sent when I > set up my account worked fine, but I am not a...

denial appropriate permission to receive my own emails in Outlook
Greetings! Since I started to use OUTLOOK 2002 (Office SP3) on my computer (Windows XP) I CANNOT RECEIVE mail in this programme : "you do not have appropriate permission to perform this task"when I click on send/receive . However I am able to SEND mail. My ISP helpdesk says this is an absolute Microsoft Problem. Since I am the owner and the only user of this apparatus, I have never bothered to set administrator or user accounts or passwords . Puzzling is that the account test for this programme shows as sender both my married and maiden name, followed by my first name, while ...

CDO eMail messages not working from FoxPro since installing KB8929
We installed the Exchange 2000 Update (KB892986) and since then our code that creates CDO eMails errors out with the following message: "OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from CDO.Message.1: The transport lost its connection to the server." We are planning to reverse thes updates over the weekend. Does anyone know a better way around this? ...

Why are emails all attachments
For some reason over the last few weeks every email I recieve has the eamil in the body of the message as well as an attachment with a notepad version of the email. Regardless of who's sending it. Any ideas? It's a little annoying seing attachments for every email. What version of Outlook? Have you rebooted Windows lately? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, HotRod asked: | For some reason over the last ...

Mail merge to email with an attachment
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C54401.F8168A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I had office xp - I was able to very easily email a merged document = and send it automatuically to the relevant contacts in my list as an = attachment. I am using custom forms and fields but it worked = beautifully! After and upgrade to 2003 I find I can no longer do this - word just = hangs - I researched a bit and found business manager could do this - = yes - but not with my custom forms and f...

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

Emails missing text
We have about 80 users on our Exchange server. We have 2 users that have an issue with reading their email. It appears that when they open the email the right side of the email/text is gone. When I shadow their session I can see the entire email but they cannot. It is as if they right section of the text of the email was deleted. I'm sorry I'm not explaining this well. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ...

Trial Outlook -- unable to compose emails??
Simple question - confusing situation! I downloaded the trial version of Outlook 2003 to test it out. Everything seems great except it won't allow me to compose emails! That button/option is "faded" and inactive. I can't imagine this is intentional -- I can't really try out this trial version! Any thoughts/advice are very appreciated!!! Thank you! SH Well, If it's Outlook 2003 the odds are you aren't using a Mac - which is what this group is about. If you *are* using a Mac I'm surprised - make that stunned, amazed & impressed - that you were...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

Add a nwe mail folder with new email address
I want to add a new folder within the mail area in Outlook 2003. opened up an additional email account with my IP and want that email t go to a seperate main folder in outlook. Under All Mail Folders I'v got Personal Folders and Hotmail as root folders in the area. I wan to add another root folder for my new email only. Thank you, Crai ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Apart from special accounts like HTTP and IMAP when you collect POP3 then all mess...