Tools4windows.net

Hi all,

I've just setup a new site dedicated to Microsoft software OS's,
applications, server applications etc.

This site was created to bring you news and discussions on a wide range
of Microsoft products, old, new and those still under development.

Please come along and have a browse, or even better - just register
(it's free) and start using the discussion forums!

You can discuss anything and everything that is Microsoft related - and
if you have any ideas on additional forums, please let me know via the site!

Enjoy!

http://www.tools4windows.net

Cheers,

Lee
0
admin1508 (2)

.NET Wrapper for Berkeley DB XML?
Hello! Is there an existant .NET Wrapper for Sleepycat Berkeley DB XML 2.0 (see http://sleepycat.com/products/xml.shtml)? It seems to be the XML-DB of my dreams, but has only a Java-Wrapper (could this be converted to J#?) If not, could you suggest another (cheap or free) Native-XML-DB (with XQuery-Support) for .NET? -- Pascal Schmitt ...

.Net
I see that the next version, I think version 7, of Solomon is going to be written in .Net. Are there any plans to rewrite Great Plains in .Net? -- Picine Karppehd VB.Net & SQLServer Developer Hi There is a Blogs by Satya explaining the future plans for MBS products. Here is the link http://blogs.msdn.com/satyanadella You can keep track of any MBS news from MBS community website http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/default.aspx and http://www.jasonhartman.net/ Regards James "Picine Karppehd" <PicineKarppehd@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in me...

Hello?! .NET Passport problem?
I've read some other posts about this problem, but I haven't seen the answer, and I thought that if anyone in the Microsoft Universe ever bothers to read the newsgroups, they will hopefully see a recurring problem. Money tells me that my .net sign-in was unsuccessful. It's been this way for a week now. I've tried to change my .net info. When I go to the .net website, the sign-in works. When I try to tell Money to update my .net info or change my .net info, it tells me that I need to enable my browser to do cookies. But I have told my browser to accept all cookie...

Communication between COM and .NET
Hi! I have used an example on the Code project to call .NET code from COM and here it worked fine without creating a shared assembly It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from .NET. I know all about how to create a type library by using either VS or tlbimp //Tony Hello, > It we have the oppsite situation calling COM from .NET is there any > requirement that you must have shared assembly when you call COM from > .NET. This is possible but not a requirement. &...

GP.NET toolkit
How can we get on a notification list for the release of this product. You need to sign up for the newsletters through CustomerSource. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Howard Roberts" wrote: > How can we get on a notification list for the release of this product. ...

Upgrading Visual C++ 6.0 Project to C++.Net gives ATL errors
I am in the middle of upgrading a C++ project to .NET. It was earlier written in C++ 6.0. My assumption was simply opening the project in ..Net studio environment and using the mfc 7.0 librararies would do the trick. But unfortunately I am getting a bunch of ATL Linker errors when I try to compile this project in .NET. While I don't use ATL librararies , I am not really sure what could have gone wrong with the the upgrade..Can anyone put some light on the steps involved in the upgrade ? As usual Microsoft has provided very little information on this topic. Search MSDN for 'breaking...

C#.net custom control
I and another girl developer at worI want to to know how to do the following in a C#.NET 3.5 non-web application: 1. I have a delgate in one project and I want to have the delegate be executed from a click event in another project. How do I setup this type of a project refernce? (Note: This is existing code that is not working. Some other programmer wrote it.) 2. I have setup a control that I want to share with several projects within one solution and a copy of different solutions. Thus can you tell me: a. How to compile(build) the custom contol to generate a DLL? b. Once I h...

Net Spending!!
OK, hopefully an easy one here! So I spent 40 quid on shoes, then I took them back and got refunded. So in my clothing category this month I have a postivie transaction of 40 followed a few days later by a negative transaction (in the same category). When however I look at my spending report, it says I have spent 40 on clothing - when I have in fact spent nothing . How do I get it to recognise the negative transaction? This would also apply to my housemate borrowing 20 quid off me, in category 'Tom'. I lent him 20, he paid it back, so I haven't 'spent' 20quid on Tom, it...

ASP.Net not working with JQuery in separate JS file or in HTML
Hello Community Using ASP.Net with a separate CSS file and separate Javascript file my applications work fine. Since JQuery offers features for web development I am substituting JQuery where ever possible. So I downloaded the JQuery library and added put it in the folder where my old Javascript code was and added it beneath my Javascript file resides in my html code: <link href="CssFolder/CssScr.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/> <script language="javascript" src="JsFolder/JsScr.js" type="text/javasc...

Xml Dom .net bug???
given a snippet from an XML message .... <DATA name="John" value="23" /> <DATA name="Betty" value="71" /> <DATA name="Craig" value="" /> <DATA name="Lisa" value="42" /> .... I load this into the Xml Dom in .Net (VB), and query each node for the 'name' and 'value' attributes. When I get to an instance where the attribute is empty (as in the case where name=Craig), Attributes("value").Value.ToString returns null? Surely this should return "" on...

Dot Net Question
Hi everyone, I've develop a .Net Hook and it works fine in my develop environment, but when i deploy the hook to other pc's it dosen´t work (i obtain a can create hook object message). i've register properly the hook at pc's registry, i've copy DLL to windows\system32 and then register the hook using Regasm, but still not working, anyone can help me????? Try copying it to the Store Ops directory. - Evan Culver New West Technologies Juan Acosta wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I've develop a .Net Hook and it works fine in my develop environment, but >...

Doubt in " HOW TO: Query and Display Excel Data by Using ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and Visual C# .NET"
Hi, In my application, I need to copy data from an Excel file into a SQL table. The article related to this can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B306572 Using this,I am first extracting data from given excel file into a temporary DataTable. After making some operations on that DataTable (like splitting one column into two), I am saving the data into actual table in SQL Server. My doubt is that, in the above given link, there are few steps needed to do on the excel file... eg. --> Highlight the rows and columns where the data resides. --> On the I...

Update stock data from net.
Using Money 2004 Canadian verision I can not update the stocks. It says it downloaded the data but it is not there. This just started Also backup to disc stopped working as well as Portfolio button. ...

Net book value should be zero when an asset is retired
When an asset is retired and has not been fully depreciated, the net book value is calculated as cost basis less LTD depreciation. Our client believes that this is bad accounting practice. The net book value should be zero when an asset has been retired, even if it has not bee fully depreciated. I understand that when running FA reports it excludes assets with a status of retired, however, when using smartlist > fixed assets book, there is no field to filter out all assets with a status of retired. This makes it difficult for the client to correctly analyse their assets, especial...

Inquiry should show net change, beginning and ending balance.
The client would like to have an inquiry window similar to the Detail Inquiry window, but has the ability to view the Net Change, Beginning and Ending Balances on the same window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Tools4windows.net
Hi all, I've just setup a new site dedicated to Microsoft software OS's, applications, server applications etc. This site was created to bring you news and discussions on a wide range of Microsoft products, old, new and those still under development. Please come along and have a browse, or even better - just register (it's free) and start using the discussion forums! You can discuss anything and everything that is Microsoft related - and if you have any ideas on additional forums, please let me know via the site! Enjoy! http://www.tools4windows.net Cheers, Lee ...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
hello, this update tried to install when i logged off of my computer. apparently it failed. now, some other software that relies on the .net framework will not work. i tried to reinstall it from windows update, but i get the message below saying it was not installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86-- i searched for kb951847 which i did not find anything that was helpful i have windows xp pro sp3 installed. i have no clue what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

vb.net/networking....Turn on print Auditing for all Printers on print server using vb.net or VBS?????
I wondering if someone can help me with something. I need to be able to turn on Printer Access auditing for all printers on a print server at one time. I could go through the Security tab setting and turn this on for each printer, but I'm dealing with about 100 printers. Is there anyway I could do this with VBS or vb.net? Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

ASP.NET & Excel Rpt
Hello there, We've currently got a reporting module built in VB6 that creates reports directly in MS Excel format by directly opening the excel application ,then creating line by line of data and charting, all with vb calls. This works well but of course required Excel to be installed on the machine. We're now going to turn this into a web application, and are hoping to simply change the interface and call all of the same code which will be placed in a DLL. My question is, does anyone know of any potential issues with installing MS Excel on an ASP web server? Is th...

GP 9.0 in .Net?
Hi, I have news about this, but it is true? Because I don´t find documentation... Where can I find it? Thanks, -- Evelin. No GP 9.0 is not a .Net application. The core code is still Dexterity based. However, the soon to be released Version 9.0 Extensions will include functionality that will allow Visual Studio to use objects exposed from Great Plains. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained ...

parse XDR type xml in C#.Net 2.0
Can anyone tell me how to parse the XML of type XDR.To validate the schema i am using XMLValidatingReader as XMLSchemaSet doesnt support XSD format. I know this is obselete in .NET 2.0 Following is my input Test.xml <?xml version="1.0" ?> <Test xmlns="x-schema:MySchema.xml" xmlns:Test="x-schema:TestSchema.xml" xmlns:Testid="x-schema:TestIdSchema.xml"> <Info> <Information name="Myname" address="2"/> </Info> </Test> validation part i have done like this: ...