Tool or utility like Header.exe for Exchange 2003

I need to dump some data from Exchange 2003 Groups/DL's which I used to do
with the Header.exe tool in Exchange 5.5.

Is there a replacement for this tool?

What I need to dump is the list of users that have permissions to send to
certain restricted Groups/DLs, and, that column doesn't appear to be
available in AD Users and Computers.

Thanks.

0
wdbradley3 (18)

CSVDE and/or LDIFDE.  These are Directory export tools that allow you to
specify the objects to export and specify limiters, etc.  They are built in
to Windows and are run from a command prompt.

I typically find CSVDE easier to use as it dumps the info into a csv format
that can easily be manipulated by Excel.

With these tools, you can basically dump any attributes you specify.  In
this case, if you want to get a list of users/groups that have permissions
to send to DL's, then the attribute you will be looking for is authOrig.

If you just do a simply export of your groups, the authOrig attribute is
already included (along with many others).

csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -f c:\groupexport.csv

If you don't want to export all that information and instead want to limit
what is exported, you will need to specify a list of attributes you want
exported.

csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -l dn,authOrig,proxyaddresses -f
c:\groupexport.csv

Note here that attributes you want exported are separated by a comma.  If
you want to take the second approach, I'd recommend first performing an
export with no list so that you can see which attributes you want included.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need to dump some data from Exchange 2003 Groups/DL's which I used to do
>with the Header.exe tool in Exchange 5.5.
>
> Is there a replacement for this tool?
>
> What I need to dump is the list of users that have permissions to send to
> certain restricted Groups/DLs, and, that column doesn't appear to be
> available in AD Users and Computers.
>
> Thanks.

0
Ben
11/11/2005 2:38:15 PM
Thanks.

I know with Header.exe you can actually look at all the available fields and
things to export, is this true with these tools, or, is there a list
somewhere?
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:%23BrdN2s5FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> CSVDE and/or LDIFDE.  These are Directory export tools that allow you to
> specify the objects to export and specify limiters, etc.  They are built
> in to Windows and are run from a command prompt.
>
> I typically find CSVDE easier to use as it dumps the info into a csv
> format that can easily be manipulated by Excel.
>
> With these tools, you can basically dump any attributes you specify.  In
> this case, if you want to get a list of users/groups that have permissions
> to send to DL's, then the attribute you will be looking for is authOrig.
>
> If you just do a simply export of your groups, the authOrig attribute is
> already included (along with many others).
>
> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -f c:\groupexport.csv
>
> If you don't want to export all that information and instead want to limit
> what is exported, you will need to specify a list of attributes you want
> exported.
>
> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -l dn,authOrig,proxyaddresses -f
> c:\groupexport.csv
>
> Note here that attributes you want exported are separated by a comma.  If
> you want to take the second approach, I'd recommend first performing an
> export with no list so that you can see which attributes you want
> included.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I need to dump some data from Exchange 2003 Groups/DL's which I used to do
>>with the Header.exe tool in Exchange 5.5.
>>
>> Is there a replacement for this tool?
>>
>> What I need to dump is the list of users that have permissions to send to
>> certain restricted Groups/DLs, and, that column doesn't appear to be
>> available in AD Users and Computers.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
wdbradley3 (18)
11/12/2005 2:36:44 PM
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:36:44 -0700, "Bill Bradley"
<wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote:

>Thanks.
>
>I know with Header.exe you can actually look at all the available fields and
>things to export, is this true with these tools, or, is there a list
>somewhere?

MSDN website, browse with adsiedit or just do some queries with the
tools Ben mentioned or dsquery. I'm sure they are others.
I prefer adfind myself.

>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
>in message news:%23BrdN2s5FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> CSVDE and/or LDIFDE.  These are Directory export tools that allow you to
>> specify the objects to export and specify limiters, etc.  They are built
>> in to Windows and are run from a command prompt.
>>
>> I typically find CSVDE easier to use as it dumps the info into a csv
>> format that can easily be manipulated by Excel.
>>
>> With these tools, you can basically dump any attributes you specify.  In
>> this case, if you want to get a list of users/groups that have permissions
>> to send to DL's, then the attribute you will be looking for is authOrig.
>>
>> If you just do a simply export of your groups, the authOrig attribute is
>> already included (along with many others).
>>
>> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -f c:\groupexport.csv
>>
>> If you don't want to export all that information and instead want to limit
>> what is exported, you will need to specify a list of attributes you want
>> exported.
>>
>> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -l dn,authOrig,proxyaddresses -f
>> c:\groupexport.csv
>>
>> Note here that attributes you want exported are separated by a comma.  If
>> you want to take the second approach, I'd recommend first performing an
>> export with no list so that you can see which attributes you want
>> included.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>>

>> "Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I need to dump some data from Exchange 2003 Groups/DL's which I used to do
>>>with the Header.exe tool in Exchange 5.5.
>>>
>>> Is there a replacement for this tool?
>>>
>>> What I need to dump is the list of users that have permissions to send to
>>> certain restricted Groups/DLs, and, that column doesn't appear to be
>>> available in AD Users and Computers.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

0
adavid (8731)
11/12/2005 3:02:01 PM
Thanks, very much!
"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:ot0cn15jo67p046bh3o5sqbo5okschsla2@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:36:44 -0700, "Bill Bradley"
> <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>I know with Header.exe you can actually look at all the available fields
>>and
>>things to export, is this true with these tools, or, is there a list
>>somewhere?
>
> MSDN website, browse with adsiedit or just do some queries with the
> tools Ben mentioned or dsquery. I'm sure they are others.
> I prefer adfind myself.
>

>>"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
>>in message news:%23BrdN2s5FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>> CSVDE and/or LDIFDE.  These are Directory export tools that allow you to
>>> specify the objects to export and specify limiters, etc.  They are built
>>> in to Windows and are run from a command prompt.
>>>
>>> I typically find CSVDE easier to use as it dumps the info into a csv
>>> format that can easily be manipulated by Excel.
>>>
>>> With these tools, you can basically dump any attributes you specify.  In
>>> this case, if you want to get a list of users/groups that have
>>> permissions
>>> to send to DL's, then the attribute you will be looking for is authOrig.
>>>
>>> If you just do a simply export of your groups, the authOrig attribute is
>>> already included (along with many others).
>>>
>>> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -f c:\groupexport.csv
>>>
>>> If you don't want to export all that information and instead want to
>>> limit
>>> what is exported, you will need to specify a list of attributes you want
>>> exported.
>>>
>>> csvde -r "(objectclass=group)" -l dn,authOrig,proxyaddresses -f
>>> c:\groupexport.csv
>>>
>>> Note here that attributes you want exported are separated by a comma.
>>> If
>>> you want to take the second approach, I'd recommend first performing an
>>> export with no list so that you can see which attributes you want
>>> included.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange MVP
>>> MessageOne
>>>

>>> "Bill Bradley" <wdbradley3@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
wdbradley3 (18)

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

Max. Columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? Thanks Nope, 256 columns is all you get, you will need to move to Sheet 2 if you want more. Ed wrote: > I'm using Excel 2003 and have run out of columns on a sheet. > > Does anyone know of any way to stretch thus version of Excel? > > Thanks > > Upgrade to Excel 2007 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Ed" <EdVanords@cox.net> wrote in messa...

exchange 5.5 IS maximum size
Could anyone tell me the maximum size that an exchange 5.5 information store can reach. I thought it was 16gig, but then I saw the post below. Thanks. > BTW, what is the recommended maximum size of a 5.5 database (IS)? > >Depends on your SLA. How long can you afford to be down while you restore >a database? I tend to keep them to around 30 gigs or so and add more >servers if they get above that number. ...

Outlook 2003 stays in memory after closing
I'm using Outlook 2003 (with all updates) and when I close it it stays in memory (process visible in task manager). I uninstalled all add-ins and shutdown the firewall and AV, but nothing changed. Interestingly this happens only when I send or receive mails. When I work offline it closes properly. Any help appreciated. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin...

Looks like a split, but not?
I am using MSP 2003. I just noticed that I have these dots in front some of the tasks. At first, I thought these are splits in the tasks, but I cannot move them back. Looking at them some more, they just look like dots in front of the tasks. Can someone tell me what these are and how to get rid of them? The tasks are scheduled far out in the future due to these "dots" and I can't bring them back. A one day task is taking 2 weeks to finish because it doesn't start until the dots finish - 1.9 weeks later!! Please help!! ...

Outlook Profile Generation Utility (ProfGen)
Hello, I have been using the Outlook Profile Generation Utility and it's great, but on some newer laptops it seems to crash? I am wondering if there's any reason for it working 95% of the time but in some cases it just throws a fatal error.. Thanks dux0r ...

Deleting Newsgroups "all at once" in exchange 2000 HOW TO?
Deleting Newsgroups "all at once" in exchange 2000 HOW TO? How do i do this? So i want to quit with the newsserver and delete al the newsgroups all at once from the server... one by one takes me to long? how ? Please send the answer to my email adres info@erikreemst.nl Hi , I found the following link that talk s about the same , hope it helps. For a breif info see the link below , for more details read the link: How to Delete Newsgroups =========================== http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/howtogde. mspx#XSLTsection127121120120 (Read...

What is that add on in Pub. 2003
What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? More Money -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Joseph A Zupko (unmonitored@sbcglobal.net) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || What do you call that program that is on the $209.00 version? It's Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 (less the clipart). -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties...

I would like to do a budjet in excel, how do i do this?
I would like to learn how to use excel to do a financial budjet, for both my personal home budjet and also separetly do a budjet for business. I hope you may also understand I need simple illistrations to learn! try here http://tinyurl.com/7ycql -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MACCADAMIEN" <MACCADAMIEN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB0332DB-2FE5-4EEE-895E-9948D8FED195@microsoft.com... > I would like to learn how to use excel to do a financial budjet, for both my > personal home budjet and also separetly do a budjet for business. &...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Report problem using Vista and Access 2003
I have Office Pro 2003 and I am running Vista. I am having problems creating and/or opening Reports in Access 2003 for an existing database or a newly created one. When I request a print of an existing report nothing happens. I cannot even see the report in design mode. When I attempt to create a new report with the Wizard it takes me to the very end and then indicates that the process cannot be completed. The design mode will not even display Is there a configuration issue that must be addressed? Just a wild guess: Do you have a default printer set up? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft ...

Further to 2003 home page
How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it from the account it is transfered to Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one. "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B0A83B-B1D2-49BF-B1BB-73A8E8DFCA8C@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it > from the account it is transfered to &qu...

Outlook 2003 does not start
I have MS Office 2007 together with Outlook 2003 installed on a computer (Outlook 2007 is not installed as my PDA cannot communicate with the newer version). Until today Outlook has had no problems. After a Microsoft update. Outlook refuses to start with the error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAP132.DLL is corrupt or the...". Even if I rename MSMAP132.DLL, allowing Outlook to recreate the file, Outlook succeeds in creating a new file - using an installation program from Office 2007 (!?) - but - perhaps not surpringly - cannot start. I should be grateful for any advi...

My Word docs keep displaying like they're in a book!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel What have I done wrong? My word documents randomly decide to display -- not just page by page, but sometimes as 2 pages on the screen, sometimes four. And then again, in other documents, it's perfectly normal. When I send the document to a friend, they all seem to display normally for him...so it must be some button I hit. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you! (mac OS X Version 10.5.7, word for mac 12.1.9. OY) Hi Judith; The only explanation I can come up with is that the documents involved have...

Exchange Public Folder Import/Export
I have a client with an SBS 2000 installation and they want to upgrade to SBS 2003. It's a small client - 10-15 users, so for backup and easy recovery as well as since the C: drive was partitioned as a 4 GB drive, we were going to replace the existing mirrored 120 GB drives with mirrored 250 GB drives and install SBS 2003 as a new domain. (There's also only one server available, short of using virtualization). Problem is they use Exchange Public Folders heavily. I didn't count, but I'd say there are at least 50 of them varying in size from a few messages to thousands...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

2003 send/receive error 0x8004210A
I keep getting this error message when Outlook 2003 is sending/receiving for my POP3 account. Supposedly a service pack will correct this problem but my software is updated??? Help Tim Henthorn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting this error message when Outlook 2003 is > sending/receiving for my POP3 account. Supposedly a > service pack will correct this problem but my software is > updated??? Help Did you recently install Windows XP SP2? I've seen one report that stated this error started occurring after installation of SP2. -- Brian T...

previewing attachments in Outlook xp in the preview pane like OE
I finally got my wife to use Outlook over Outlook Express, but one feature she really wants is to be able to see attachments like pictures etc in the body of the message in the preview pane like she could in Outlook Express. I have been unable to find where I can allow this. Anyone have any ideas? By design, Outlook does not display attached images inline. Outlook is a business application. OE is targeted to consumers and the needs of the two groups are different in this area. Exchange Administrators consider inline display a security issue and don't want it. Outlook only shows i...

Exchange 07 Kerberos ticket on 03 DC Event ID:27
I have a domain with both 03 and 08 DC's, and exchange 07 On the 03 DC I get an event ID 27 (see below). I don't get the same error on the 08 DC Can I safely ignore this error and wait to retire the 03 server, or do I need to do something? regards Frank Event Type: Error Event Source: KDC Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 16/04/2010 Time: 08:13:23 User: N/A Computer: SVR02 Description: While processing a TGS request for the target server krbtgt/IPR.LOCAL, the account ServerName$@DOMAIN did not have a suitable key for generating a Kerberos ticket (th...

Exchange server not on services list
Hi I recently switched from IMO to CW mode on my Outlook2000 installation. (Office 2000 SP3 / XP SP1). When I go to add a service to connect to my work VPN, Microsoft Exchange Server does not appear on the list. I tried repairing my installation and upgrading to latest SP but does not seem to work. Any ideas? Or do I need to reinstall Office completely? Thanks in advance JD ...