To install IMF, do you need to install Exchange Server 2003 with SP2?

As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is
a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF
component selected?

Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without
having to have another exchange 2003 server?

thanks.

0
stokefan (13)

On 27 Oct 2006 05:31:07 -0700, stokefan@gmail.com wrote:

>As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is
>a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF
>component selected?
>
>Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without
>having to have another exchange 2003 server?
>
>thanks.

If you have SP2 on your server you must not, under any circumstances,
install the IMF as it's an integrated part. If you download the IMF
and the update, install it to an SP1 system you will need to uninstall
it before installing Sp2.
0
mark7219 (5667)
10/27/2006 1:02:04 PM
Hi Mark, thanks for that - but i'm a step back from that, I was
wondering whether IMF requires a full installation of Exchange server
2003 at all?

thanks

0
stokefan (13)
10/27/2006 1:18:23 PM
Yes you have to have exchange in order to install IMF at this point.

<stokefan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mark, thanks for that - but i'm a step back from that, I was
> wondering whether IMF requires a full installation of Exchange server
> 2003 at all?
>
> thanks

0
mitch3952 (134)
10/27/2006 1:31:06 PM
On 27 Oct 2006 06:18:23 -0700, stokefan@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi Mark, thanks for that - but i'm a step back from that, I was
>wondering whether IMF requires a full installation of Exchange server
>2003 at all?
>
>thanks
Absolutley you need Exchange
You can't just install it against the Windows SMTP service, although
that would have been nice.

0
mark7219 (5667)
10/27/2006 1:46:51 PM
> You can't just install it against the Windows SMTP service, although
> that would have been nice.

agreed.

thanks for the help, prompt too!

0
stokefan (13)

newbie question: Need to create a month-calendar view report
I'm creating a database to track assignments. They are tracked by dates: date assigned, expected completion date, draft completion dates, approvals, etc. Most reports are default types---assignments by staff member, completed in past month/week/etc. The question is 1. How due I plot assignments in a "monthly calendar" view/report? This report should display the assignment titles on the "expected completion" date. 2. Is it possible to change the "expected completion" date from within this "monthly calendar" view? Thanks in advance for any and all a...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Javamail and Exchange
Not sure if this is where I ought to post but... We have a Java application that sends emails out through out Exchange 2003 server. It's a standard SMTP mail format. What we have noticed is the Java app can send anywhere from 10 to 50 messages before it recieves a 421 message from the SMTP engine. This causes the Java connection to reset and we think we are losing mail. Is there anything configuration wise that could be causing Exchange to send the 421? -Patrick ...

RE-Installing

outlook 2003 #69
i have problem sending messages from pop3 accounts in outook 2003 when i configure exchange server for intranet, even when i select pop3 account as defalut account and exchage is second option, if i select pop3 account as default then i am unable to send messages local exchange server, if i configure the same in outlook xp then every thing is ok pop3 and exchange any body can help me to solve this problem or it is a bug in outlook 2003 Configure the account (POP3 or Exchange) that you use the most as the default. When you want to send using the other account, select that account from...

Unread mail in OUtlook 2003
The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients. Anyone have this problem? ...

Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007 Inbox sub-folders disappear...
I have several users that create sub-folders under their inbox on the Exchange 2007 server. The users are running Outlook 2007. Sporadically the sub-folders will disappear. We have been unable to retrieve them in any way. We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and after two days of troubleshooting we were told that it must have been "user error". The problem continues to occur and I have seen other posts explaining the same situation. Any ideas? You can use a tool like the MAPI Editor Tool to see if the folders are still in the mailbox. They may still exist but hidden...

My IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access the...

Value Pak Installer

Exchange Contacts list
I maintain the contact info for my old Air Force Pilot Training group. I would like to send that info to a couple other pilots so they can have a backup listing. They use Outlook also. What would be the best way to do that? I've tried going into Contacts and choosing import/export but the export options don't include the basic format that Outlook uses. Mail merge seems to be for sending mass mailings. There may be an easier way than this, but . . . Create a PST file (if using 2007, make sure the PST file is 2000 compatible), Copy the contacts folder to the PST file, Emai...

Access 2003 functions
I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have a geometric mean function. I can do it using common logarithims and anitlogarithims, but I can only find a natural logarithim function and an exp function that also is based on natural logs. Without going into excel, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks Chris U�ytkownik "crhiggins" <crhiggins@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:A7BF21FF-F298-4983-8C03-F34A23E6B2FF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to calculate a geometric mean in a report. Access does not have >a > g...

Using TabTag with Exchange mailbox
I am trying to get TabTag to operate on the contact, task and calendar folders in my Microsoft Exchange mailbox. The only portion of the Exchange server to which I have access is the mailbox. How would I do this? I am currently using the free, single-user version of TabTag and have no objection to buying the paid version if that's what it takes. Many thanks. Perhaps you should ask the good folks at TabTag?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jum...

Outlook 2003 Deleting Deleted Items!
This annoying problem is driving me nuts! I'm running Outlook 2003 w/SP1 (Exchange 2000) on Windows 2000 Pro w/SP4. Recently, Outlook has been automatically emptying my Deleted Items folder to Recover Deleted Items! I've checked my Rules as well as AutoArchive settings but can't find the cause of these mysterious deletions. The problem persists even after I uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003 Pro. Actually after I did this, Outlook behaved itself for a whole day but the problem returned the next. Sometimes after recovering my deleted items, I can find my Deleted Item...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

I need help with way to return 0 or N/A to a formula
that refers to a sheet that has been deleted. I have a set of spread sheets that I use to do quotes. Each sheet refers back to one page to give you an over view of the totals from each sheet. When I don't use a sheet on a particular job I just delete that sheet/s but I get all those REF# that make the sheet hard to read. I can't add sheets because the quotes have links to a master price list in the same workbook! Marc Since you've broken the formulas, maybe you can just clear those cells. Select all the cells (ctrl-a (twice in xl2003)) edit|goto|special Check Formulas Unc...

Outlook 2003 / BCM
When you pull up the Opportunities page in Outlook 2003 / BCM - it sorts the stages alphabetically - (e.g. Closed Lost, Negotiation etc.). Is there a way for the view to open with the stages sorted by "stage" - (e.g. Prospecting, Qualification, Needs Analysis, etc.)? Please advise, BSW ...

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

how to configure exchange server????
Hello I'm running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise server. I am looking at installation and configuration exchange server for 150 users in our organization. I am looking at installation, configuration and setup all user mailbox in the same server. Below is server hardware configuration: Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz (2 Processors) 6 GB ECC SDRAM 2 x 73.4 GB � Operating Systems 2 x 73.4 GB � Transaction Logs 6 x 73 .4 GB - (4 data, 1 parity and 1 hot swap) Domain Registration done by ISP. I have been researching some documentation on installation and configuration exchange server an...

CRM SBS install error