Time wrong in meeting requests

We have Exchange 2000 and the following issue. When some (not all) users send a meeting request they are, in effect, one hour behind other Exchange users. For example User A sends a meeting request for 1pm - 2pm to User B. For User B the meeting shows up as 2pm - 3pm.
Inversely, if User B sends a meeting request to User A for 4pm - 5pm it shows up as 3pm - 4pm for User A

This starting happening on Friday (before daylight savings time for the first user to report it). The time is correct on the systems in question. The time is correct on the Exchange Server

I don't have a clue so any constructive advice is appreciated

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you checked the time zone settings on the machines in question?  The
time may show up correctly on all machines, but an incorrect time zone will
cause the message to appear to have been sent an hour later/earlier.

0
sbeckers (3)
4/6/2004 7:03:06 PM
Hi,

I'm having this exact same problem as well. I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running
on NT4 SP6, and mail clients ranging from Eudora to Outlook 2K to Outlook XP
to Outlook 2K3 (some 97s around as well, but they haven't been involved in
this yet).

I checked the timezone settings on the server, and client systems and they
are all correct and all match, as do the actual clock settings.

I just checked the KB and there is nothing there that I can find on this. A
few entries had to do with Groupwise, and CDO autoreplys taking place just
before and just after the time switch, but nothing pertaining to this
particular form of problem.

I hope somebody here has some information. It would really be appreciated.
:)

"pdx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have Exchange 2000 and the following issue. When some (not all) users
send a meeting request they are, in effect, one hour behind other Exchange
users. For example User A sends a meeting request for 1pm - 2pm to User B.
For User B the meeting shows up as 2pm - 3pm.
> Inversely, if User B sends a meeting request to User A for 4pm - 5pm it
shows up as 3pm - 4pm for User A.

> This starting happening on Friday (before daylight savings time for the
first user to report it). The time is correct on the systems in question.
The time is correct on the Exchange Server.

> I don't have a clue so any constructive advice is appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
not5526 (11)
4/6/2004 8:23:18 PM
I found the problem for us. The system sending the meeting request was not
configured for automated Daylight Saving Time. The time zone and time were
both correct, but that checkbox wasn't checked.

I had found that from any other system to any other system, over various
processor types, OS's, and Outlook versions, it all worked. It was just to
or from that 1 PC. That's when I noticed that it didn't have that checkbox
checked.

Changing that fixed the problem with that system too. You might want to look
into that.

HTH.

> "pdx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have Exchange 2000 and the following issue. When some (not all) users
> send a meeting request they are, in effect, one hour behind other Exchange
> users. For example User A sends a meeting request for 1pm - 2pm to User B.
> For User B the meeting shows up as 2pm - 3pm.
> > Inversely, if User B sends a meeting request to User A for 4pm - 5pm it
> shows up as 3pm - 4pm for User A.
> >
> > This starting happening on Friday (before daylight savings time for the
> first user to report it). The time is correct on the systems in question.
> The time is correct on the Exchange Server.
> >
> > I don't have a clue so any constructive advice is appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

0
not5526 (11)

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Investment transfer / cash account wrong
Money 2007. I did a few investment transfers and now my cash account is way off. The transfers were recorded as buys and sells should they have been recorded differently? Thanks Cindy In microsoft.public.money, Cindy Conover wrote: >Money 2007. I did a few investment transfers and now my cash account is way >off. The transfers were recorded as buys and sells should they have been >recorded differently? Maybe did TransferOut of a security from an investment account to a different investment account. In that case, the cash was supplied from the original account. If that wa...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

request for tech support
When I am sending message through outlook expess, the message is not being stored in sent items list. I have verified whether the option "save copy in sent items folder" in options menu option is checked or not? and found that it is checked. Pls.help me in finding solution. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x h...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

Printing selects wrong printer
I have multiple users who go in and out of the same excel spreadsheet throughout the day. When they choose to print a sheet out of excel it will most of the time select the users defalt printer, but there are other times when it will choose the default printer of another user. This makes it hard to find out where exactly printouts are going. Any idea what is causing this or how we can make sure as users go into excel they will always choose their default printer? All users are using Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 1, Office XP Service Pack 2. Thanks for any advice. ...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

How to Calulculate Hrs and Mins between time frames
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C68406.3D280160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If i have 2 cells with time values say: A1=3D7:30AM and B1=3D3:30PM. 7:30AM - 3:30PM set to NORMAL Hours 3:30PM - 6:30PM set to TIME & HALF Hours Any time after 6:30PM - 7:29AM to be DOUBLE TIME hours Then if i set 4 other cells for data input: A2=3D( DATE 1) 29/5/2009 Start date. B2=3D(Date 2) 29/5/2006 = Finish date. A3=3D(Time) 7:30AM Start Time. B2=3D (Time) 7:00PM =...

Time segments in OWA
I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb controls. I'm close but can't find the time array expression tha generates the 30 minute increments. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Brian Techhead <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new > appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't > seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb c...

calculate time and date
I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23:59 =A2-A1 custom format [hh:mm] or for Norway [tt:mm] -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "make" <lage@tiscali.no> wrote in message news:2c61523.0503070721.2dacdd07@posting.google.com... > I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and > another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 > date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23...

How Can I Know last time was activity on a database
I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases. I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there. (insert, update) I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change on it. Not last time data has changed. How this can be done? Carles Oriol SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track of that information. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sq...

Exchange 2010 and Entourage Meeting Requests
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange We set up Exchange 2010 recently and our Mac users with Entourage 2008 WSE. Entourage has been updated as well as Exchange to latest releases. <br><br>The issue we're seeing is an Entourage user gets a meeting request in their email and accepts it within the mail message. The meetings goes on their calendar locally but if I go into OWA the appointment is not there. Now, if I go back to Entourage, find the appointment on the Calendar locally, and &quot;re-accept&quot; it...

IntPtr.Size is Wrong (x64 Vista)???
Hi All, I'm working on a Website that uses ASP.Net. I need to call into a few APIs, the first of which is CreateFile. CreateFile always fails with INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE. It seems that 'Dim sz As Integer = IntPtr.Size' returns 4 for the size even though the docs state I should get 8 on x64 Vista [1]: The IntPtr type is designed to be an integer whose size is platform-specific. That is, an instance of this type is expected to be 32-bits on 32-bit hardware and operating systems, and 64-bits on 64-bit hardware and operating systems. When I replace the I...

Search for documents by time modified
I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range of time (say from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.), and a range of years (say from 1998 to 2004). They would need to include Word Perfect and Word documents. Thanks for any help. Version of Windows? Use Advanced Search. But if you're using Word2007 in Windows XP, you might not have much of a search function (it pretty much got moved from Office to Windows with the new versions). On Feb 19, 9:01=A0pm, D. Ring <D. Ring @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range ...