Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?

OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory
ready for when I start migrating us to 2003.

So far I'm planning on:

Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!)

Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have
access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain
account).

Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain
account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the
permissions tab.

Is there anything obvious that I'm missing?

TIA,
Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0

Paul

Don't forget to identify those accounts associated with more than one
mailbox. This is not permitted in Ex2k3 and the ntdsnomatch utility will
identify them but if you are tidying up now and you know these "resource"
mailboxes best to take care of them now.

Nue
"Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory
> ready for when I start migrating us to 2003.
>
> So far I'm planning on:
>
> Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!)
>
> Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have
> access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain
> account).
>
> Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain
> account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the
> permissions tab.
>
> Is there anything obvious that I'm missing?
>
> TIA,
> Paul
> --
> paul@spamcop.net

0
imaneophyte (3005)

how do i save my contacts when upgrading from 2003 to 2007 office
I am doing a complete unistall of office 2003 pro and installing office 2007 pro. I would like to know how to save my contact list so I don't have to retype all of them back in. Thank you "willwrd" <willwrd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0362E8AD-2A0D-4B40-AECD-9A886BDCFB7B@microsoft.com... > I am doing a complete unistall of office 2003 pro and installing office > 2007 > pro. I would like to know how to save my contact list so I don't have to > retype all of them back in. Thank you As posted in all the Outlook groups alm...

merging workbooks #5
I am a teacher. I have to enter all my students grades into a form, I then have to merge that document with the report template in order to quickly print all the reports for my students without having to enter all the details on each individual report. How do I do this? Thanx Ria This sounds like a job for MS Word's 'mail merge' (or Form Letter), for which Excel has a Help under 'Mail Merge' -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Backup for exchange 2003
Can anybody help me? I have some question 1) I'm traying to learn how to use RSG but i really can't understand how it works. I created a RSG and added a database. Now it's empty. I made a backup with NTBackup and when i tray to restore it in RSG it just restore by default in Primary Storage Group. How does it works 2) I'm traying to export PST files with Exmerge.exe and when i run it doesn't work. Log files show me Store 'MSPST MS' was not opene Somebody told me that i have to install outlook and set up an account in exchange server computer, i did it. And told me ...

Tidying up imported text column
Quick question. I have imported a column of text and there is annoying space before the first letter on most lines. Is it even possible to write some sort of macro that will search highlighted fields and delete this space if it is the first character (assuming a space is classed as a character in Excel)? If so, how difficult is this? Cheers Phil Try this macro... Sub RemoveLeadingSpaces() Dim C As Range For Each C In Selection C.Value = LTrim(C.Value) Next End Sub -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Phil Latio" <phil.latio@f-in-stupid.co.uk> wrote in message news:...

eFax Solution with SBS 2003
We would like to send/receive faxes using Outlook 2003 clients running Windows XP on a SBS2003 domain. We do not want to install a modem for the server. We prefer an efax (Fax over Internet) solution. I assume we'll need a VOIP router... What are the options for our environment? We just started looking at Faxmaker from GFI, so if anyone has implemented this please advise. Thanks! PorBar wrote: > We would like to send/receive faxes using Outlook 2003 clients running > Windows XP on a SBS2003 domain. We do not want to install a modem for > the server. We prefer an e...

Re: win NT 4.0 sp6 + exch 5.5
"Kizetoni" <kizetoni@mail.ru> skrev i en meddelelse news:... > OK, but that one I couldn't ever dream of... ! :o) > > > "Ray" <replyhere@newsgroup.only> skrev i en meddelelse > news:Ojr1gYVvFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > And never, never put a DC in a DMZ! > > > > Ray > > > > "Chris Priede" <priede@panix.com> wrote in message > > news:espKdXUvFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > > Hi, > > > > > > Kizetoni wrote: > > > > But - if it is only a ...

money does not work in pc 2003 operating system for pocket PC
I just upgraded my pocket pc (jornada) for a HP 2215. The new 2003 pocket pc operating system does not support MicroSoft Money............... ........................................What can I do? Is microSoft going to have a fix for this problem? Is there somthing that I am doing wrong? Thanks..........Debbie Debbie, I'm JEALOUS! I am sitting here despondently looking at my Jornada 568 awaiting the arrival of my 2215 next week... I'm a big user of Money 2k3 and was a bit leary of upgrading since I've heard that the only Microsoft-sanctioned path is to buy Money2004 in a cou...

Best Password Recovery Tool For Outlook 2003?
Hi All: One of my clients' laptops went down; he had to restore back to defaults. When he tried to move the outlook.pst file off of a backup disk, it asked for a password. He had never set a password and he has turned to me for assistance. I've Googled 'password recovery' and there seems to be a plethora of programs and repair services, but this is where I turn to you guys and ask what y'all have found to be the best. Thanks for your help! BG pst19upg is free and works on pre-unicode format .pst files. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to th...

Upgrade from eEnt 5.5
I am trying to upgrade from eEnt 5.5 on SQL 6.5/Win NT4 to eEnt 7.5. On a test server I managed to upgrade to SQL 7.0, but when I run Dynamics Utilities after installing eEnt 7.5 I get an "Unable to convert registration master table. Not Privileged to open this form" error. If I continue on anyway, and enter my registration codes, there are no companies to convert. How do I get past this? Hi Since you have upgraded SQL, the Compatibility Level may be incorrect for each of the upgraded databases. Can you run the following commands Run sp_dbcmptlevel DYNAMICS and for the...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? The Linux box is relaying the mail . Thanks "Donta" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How > do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? > The Linux box is relaying the mail . > > > Thanks You need to add an SMTP connector then set the linux server as a Smart Host (I forget where...

GP 7.5 User Permissions
I'm upgrading to GP 7.5 from 6.0 and was wondering if there was a way to copy a users permissions and apply to another user (i.e. a test user)? I've also had difficulty finding fields to check and assign permissions. Is there a way to run a search or a find to look for field names? I was looking for the Tax Commodity Field and eventually found it in the GP Dictionary but it took awhile. Thanks Jeff... Have you looked at Advanced security? "Jeff Roe" wrote: > I'm upgrading to GP 7.5 from 6.0 and was wondering if there was a way to > copy a users permi...

Windows 2000 and Exchange 5.5 New Install
I've set up a lab with one server - all for internal testing. I am using or want to use the 5.5 OWA to test mail. The server is Windows 2000 and Exchange 5.5. The installation is complete and it is only for a test lab. Question - how do I configure an account in AD to connect to Exchange 5.5 account? I just created a new mailbox in Exchange and pulled a primary account from AD. What else do I need to do to make this work? Sorry...don't know the "old" technology. If you would please walk me step by step. Thank you kindly. On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:15:06 -0500, &q...

Outlook 2003 will not open
Can not open outlook 2003 client after closeing it. I have to reboot or kill the process in taskmanager before I can open it again. ...

Money 2004 in Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this handheld. Microsoft Say windows mobile 5 don't have the sync program (ALWAYS MICROSOFT) Short answer - you can't. -- Michael Gordon "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:ubExwHsAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for > Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this > handheld. > > Micr...

Exchange 5.5 service pack 5 (unannounced)
During 2003 in an effort to correct an Information Store Hung Thread, while stopping the service, in Exchange Server 5.5, I was provided, by Microsoft, a partially developed Exchange SP5. As I indicated the official Exchange SP5 was never released. I am trying to help a coworker who is restoring old data from Exchange 5.5 back-up tapes. He needs to install the appropriate Service Pack for the restore to work, and I am trying to locate the unofficial Exchange SP5 to help him. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. While SP5 sound very good, I do not understand why your co-worker need...

missing images in powerpoint 2003
A presentation I have created in powerpoint 2007 doesn't display properly when it is opened on other peoples computers or when opened in powerpoint viewer on my computer. Some of the graphics, not all, don't appear. I think he person I am sending the preseentation to may be using 2003 so I saved it as a 89-2003 file format. Still no luck. I have seen similar posts but not this exact one. Can anyone help? In article <760E25C3-0909-4DB5-9391-EF7848DDB7A6@microsoft.com>, Stsales wrote: > A presentation I have created in powerpoint 2007 doesn't display p...

Crystal Reports 8.5 Edition
For MSCRM v1.0, which edition of Crystal Reports 8.5 will suffice? Standard, Professional, or Developer? Is there an edition that will NOT work with MSCRM's Crystal Enhancements? -- www.ecentra.com Online Business Software Portal You will need Professional or Developer. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >For MSCRM v1.0, which edition of Crystal Reports 8.5 will suffice? >Standard, Professional, or Developer? Is there an edition that will NOT >work with MSC...

cell color #5
Dear All, My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user in Excel, after apply the fill color, the color can not appear, only in Print Preview can see the color applied. help pls. thank you berry See this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff "berrylei" <berrylei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EE1354C-542D-4EDB-BDE6-52FDB6A3C78B@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > My OS is WindowsXP pro and Office is 2003. > In WindowsXP, there are many users, now there is one user > in Excel...

Inventory Reconcile #5
I need to duplicate the "Reconcile Inventory Quantities" utility. any examples out there? Thanks ...

OWA on Exchange 2003 #4
hi, does anybody knows how to setup OWA on Exchange 2003 STD when there is only one server, I know there should be done some registry changes but can not find this. thx OWA is installed and functional by defauly - no registry changes are required or recommended. You should already be able to access OWA interally by typing http://servername/exchange in your browser. If you need to access OWA externally, you'll need to publish it using your firewall and add DNS records. Are you perhaps referring to something else? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dshit" <to...

Help monitoring Exchange 2003 with AWStats
I'm trying to get some SMTP statistics using AWStats. I have message tracking turned on, and have my SMTP virtual server logs in IIS format. I have the following line in my config -- LogFormat="%date %time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" -- right out of the documentation. If anyone has a hint as to what I am doing wrong (bad config file, monitoring the wrong thing, etc.) I would really appreciate any pointers you can give. Thank you, Robert Bowen You'd find it a heck of a sight easier using an Exchange reporting solution like MessageStats. h...

Tidy Up
Can anyone tidy up the Sub below for me please, all it does is takes one value from formula in "Sheet1", and stores it as a value in "Usage". As you can see the Weekday command is used to decide which column is used to store the values. This Sub works, but my lack of VBA experience makes it very untidy. Thanks Pete Private Sub UsageSheet() Dim DailyPallets(17) As Long, DailyRejectBags(17) As Long, Ctr Ctr = 0 For Ctr = 1 To 17 DailyPallets(Ctr) = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(61 + Ctr, 21).Value Sheets("Usage").Cells(7 + Ctr, We...

Notes folder in OL 2003
The Notes button in Folder List does not function to display the Notes folder. The only way to view stored notes is to right-click Notes button and select "Open in New Window..". This action opens the stored notes correctly. Has anyone encountered this bug? Have uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook to no avail. This is the only folder which exhibits this behavior. Thanks. ...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

ActiveX #5
Hi, I dont know if this is the group for ActiveX but there is some activity at this group so anyway.. I have a created an ocx skeleton : void CChatTextEntryCtrl::OnDraw( CDC* pdc, const CRect& rcBounds, const CRect& rcInvalid) { // TODO: Replace the following code with your own drawing code. pdc->FillRect(rcBounds, CBrush::FromHandle((HBRUSH)GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH))); // pdc->Ellipse(rcBounds); pdc->TextOut (0,10,o_Str); } and a method assigning a string value to a CString o_Str member of the controlclass. void CChatTextEntryCtrl::SetText(LPCTSTR s_Str) { ...