This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40

A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the =
following NDR:=20
This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's =
mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and =
try sending it again.

<server name #5.2.3>

The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox =
stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox was capable of receiving =
the message would receive it; and the mailboxes that were too close to =
full would not, but the sender tells me that no one received the =
message. Can someone please clarify how this should work? We don't have =
message tracking enabled, obviously. Thanks for your help!

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A user sent a small email to a large =
group of=20
people and got the following NDR: </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This message is larger than the current =
system limit=20
or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or =
remove=20
attachments and try sending it again.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;server name #5.2.3&gt;</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The email is well under the size limits - =
both SMTP=20
and on the mailbox stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox was =
capable of=20
receiving the message would receive it; and the mailboxes that were too =
close to=20
full would not, but the sender tells me that no one received the =
message. Can=20
someone please clarify how this should work? We don't have message =
tracking=20
enabled, obviously. Thanks for your help!</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C648E9.FDEFAA40--

0
mccato (5)

------=_NextPart_000_01C6_01C648D1.3D6016B0

did you check all connectors for limits, as well?  individual mailbox =
limits? =20

--=20
Susan Conkey [MVP]

  "mary" <mccato@bellsouth.net> wrote in message =
  A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the =
following NDR:=20
  This message is larger than the current system limit or the =
recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove =
attachments and try sending it again.

  <server name #5.2.3>

  The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox =
stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox was capable of receiving =
the message would receive it; and the mailboxes that were too close to =
full would not, but the sender tells me that no one received the =
message. Can someone please clarify how this should work? We don't have =
message tracking enabled, obviously. Thanks for your help!

------=_NextPart_000_01C6_01C648D1.3D6016B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>did you check all connectors for limits, as =
well?&nbsp;=20
individual mailbox limits?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Susan Conkey [MVP]</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"mary" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:mccato@bellsouth.net">mccato@bellsouth.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uD$FoPRSGHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uD$FoPRSGHA.5808=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A user sent a small email to a large =
group of=20
  people and got the following NDR: </FONT>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This message is larger than the current =
system=20
  limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message =
body or=20
  remove attachments and try sending it again.</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;server name #5.2.3&gt;</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The email is well under the size limits =
- both SMTP=20
  and on the mailbox stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox was =
capable=20
  of receiving the message would receive it; and the mailboxes that were =
too=20
  close to full would not, but the sender tells me that no one received =
the=20
  message. Can someone please clarify how this should work? We don't =
have=20
  message tracking enabled, obviously. Thanks for your help!</FONT></P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <P><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01C6_01C648D1.3D6016B0--

0
sconkey (3059)

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C648EA.F4DFE9A0

HI Susan,

Thanks for your swift reply! Yes, the email was on 500 kb. We don't have =
any limits set that small.

  "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message =
  did you check all connectors for limits, as well?  individual mailbox =
limits? =20

  --=20
  Susan Conkey [MVP]

  =20
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>HI Susan,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for your swift reply! Yes, the =
email was on=20
500 kb. We don't have any limits set that small.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Susan" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com">sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23QVZGRRSGHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl">news:%23QVZGRRSGHA.=
4900@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>did you check all connectors for limits, as =
well?&nbsp;=20
  individual mailbox limits?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Susan Conkey [MVP]</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"mary" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:mccato@bellsouth.net">mccato@bellsouth.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:uD$FoPRSGHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uD$FoPRSGHA.5808=
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A user sent a small email to a =
large group of=20
    people and got the following NDR: </FONT>
    <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This message is larger than the =
current system=20
    limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message =
body or=20
    remove attachments and try sending it again.</FONT></P>
    <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;server name #5.2.3&gt;</FONT></P>
    <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The email is well under the size =
limits - both=20
    SMTP and on the mailbox stores. I thought that everyone whose =
mailbox was=20
    capable of receiving the message would receive it; and the mailboxes =
that=20
    were too close to full would not, but the sender tells me that no =
one=20
    received the message. Can someone please clarify how this should =
work? We=20
    don't have message tracking enabled, obviously. Thanks for your=20
    help!</FONT></P>
    <P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
    <P><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C648EA.F4DFE9A0--

0
mccato (5)
3/16/2006 4:15:37 PM
Interesting, I'm having a similar issue, but on my GroupWise connector.  All
of the limits are set to 20480 kilobytes, but my Exchange user can't get a
17000 kilobyte message to a GroupWise user.

I was about to post this in a new thred - but noticed this one.

Joe

"mary" wrote:

> A user sent a small email to a large group of people and got the following NDR:
> This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.
>
> <server name #5.2.3>
>
> The email is well under the size limits - both SMTP and on the mailbox stores. I thought that everyone whose mailbox was capable of receiving the message would receive it; and the mailboxes that were too close to full would not, but the sender tells me that no one received the message. Can someone please clarify how this should work? We don't have message tracking enabled, obviously. Thanks for your help!

0
Joe (497)

------=_NextPart_000_025A_01C64903.55099A20

Hi Mary,
Have you looked into how many people this email was sent to? Perhaps the =
"system limit" is referring to "Limit number of recipients per message =
to"?

[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Mary,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Have you looked into how many people =
this email was=20
sent to? Perhaps the "system limit" is referring to "Limit&nbsp;number =
of=20
recipients&nbsp;per message&nbsp;to"?</FONT></DIV>
[...]

allen.miyake (137)
3/16/2006 10:10:08 PM
Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Interesting, I'm having a similar issue, but on my GroupWise connector.  All
>of the limits are set to 20480 kilobytes, but my Exchange user can't get a
>17000 kilobyte message to a GroupWise user.

Is that 17,000KB the size of the attachment? By the time the message s
encoded in base64 for transmission that attachment will be at least
22,100Kb in size (and perhaps 23,800KB)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Default a Credit Limit For new Customers
Maybe I am missing something but, is there a way to default a credit limit on all new customers? My users create new cusotmers and forget to set the the credit limit to unlimited, so it defaults to No-credit. Then we run an integration and all new cusotmers fail until we go in and set the customer card to unlimited credit. Is tehre anyway to set the systemt o default every new cusotmer created to unlimited credit? Thanks Fliehigh Tools > Setup> Sales > Customer Class -- Elisabeth "Fliehigh" wrote: > Maybe I am missing something but, is there a way to default a...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does
Outlook Express should have a password system like Hotmail does for a password to expire after so many days, a password tip help section to make stronger passwords, and a password meter to show how strong your password is. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

full adress sender in inbox?
hi there anyone any idea how I can make outlook show the full adress of the sender in my inbox view. rightnow it only shows the name the sender has chosen for himself but I want outlook to dispaly the full email adress of the sender. example: In my inbox list now I see only in the "from" field some name like "john adams" but I want outlook to show me the full adress like J.adams@hotmail.com in the from field. I've looked trough the available fields but there is no other field there than the one "from" field Thanks ahead. Diederik No you can't. Outl...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Limit to Text in Excel Cell
Is there a limit to the amount of text you can have in a cell? After about 20 lines the word wrap stops wrapping text. Is this adjustable? From Excel's Help (search 'specifications') Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Sounds like you should be using a text box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:OaiKaQDAGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to th...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Limits to memory allocated in DLL
Hi! Everybody, Is there any limits to the amount of memory that can be allocated inside a DLL? I am creating the following array inside a dll: double array [150000]; //crashes On calling the dll from the application, the error message says: "unhandled exception ..... 0xC00000FD: Stack Overflow" I noted that an array of size 15000 works that made me wonder if there is a memory-size constraint. any insights would be appreciated. you are probably trying to declare that array within a function body. the problem is that the array is then allocated on the stack, which only has a ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

Cannot access mailboxes
All of the sudden following a reboot of our domain controller and the front end server (exch 2003 sp2 on win2k3), we cannot access any mailboxes via RPC over HTTPS or OWA. These are our primary means of accessing mailboxes as we get ready to deploy. This has been running fine up until now. All services in exchange on Front and Back end are running. If i try to login via OWA from the front end server using the local ip address i get prompted for the login and can login but I only see the folder tree on the left, it just says loading on the right. If I try to login via OWA from the in...

Help system broken
I need a way in Outlook 2003 to use the help system. It currently seems incapable of functioning without trying to figure out if I have office 2007, which requires that I enable scripting, which is going to happen whenever hell freezes over or Bill Gates declares that Apple has won, whichever comes first. There is absolutely no reason for help to care. Help text is help text. I don't want my display "optimized", I want the content I paid for. I do not want it going out to the Internet for help, I want to read the local files, and they work perfectly fine in my current browse...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...