The tracking database on server is not available

Hello everyone,

When i use Message Tracking Center on my exchange 2003 server, i got:

"The Tracking Database on the Server is not Available or
the message has left the Exchange Organization"

Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
ID No:  C1032751

In my server properties, "Enable subject logging and display" and
"Enable message tracking" are checked.

Remove files older is set to 60 days.

I have rights on the <server>.log share folder and see many .log files on there.

I use Backup Exec 9.1 for backup software.
Circular logging is not enabled.

Any ideas? Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks
0
tech1610 (2)

have you looked on the server where the logs should be?  are they there?

"Rich Black" <tech@osullivan-quebec.qc.ca> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> When i use Message Tracking Center on my exchange 2003 server, i got:
>
> "The Tracking Database on the Server is not Available or
> the message has left the Exchange Organization"
>
> Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
> ID No:  C1032751
>
> In my server properties, "Enable subject logging and display" and
> "Enable message tracking" are checked.
>
> Remove files older is set to 60 days.
>
> I have rights on the <server>.log share folder and see many .log files on
there.

> I use Backup Exec 9.1 for backup software.
> Circular logging is not enabled.
>
> Any ideas? Any help would be very appreciated.
> Thanks

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/1/2004 6:56:55 PM
Hi Susan,

Thank you for reply.

Yes, i see my logs files on the <server>.log folder. About 60 files
there.
Open files in notepad show me log stuff from Exchange.

So why Tracking Center doesn't work?

Thanks

Susan wrote:
> have you looked on the server where the logs should be?  are they
there?

> "Rich Black" <tech@osullivan-quebec.qc.ca> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > When i use Message Tracking Center on my exchange 2003 server, i
got:

> > "The Tracking Database on the Server is not Available or
> > the message has left the Exchange Organization"
> >
> > Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
> > ID No:  C1032751
> >
> > In my server properties, "Enable subject logging and display" and
> > "Enable message tracking" are checked.
> >
> > Remove files older is set to 60 days.
> >
> > I have rights on the <server>.log share folder and see many .log
files on
> there.
> >
> > I use Backup Exec 9.1 for backup software.
> > Circular logging is not enabled.
> >
> > Any ideas? Any help would be very appreciated.
> > Thanks

0
tech1610 (2)

Need advice moving priv & pub to new named server
I have an issue where I cannot view or set permissions at the site level of a 5.5 server (Windows 2000). I believe it is due to the server having been previously been used in a NT4 domain which DC's are no longer available. This is part of a multisite 5.5 organization in a 2000 forest. I spoke with an MS engineer and he mentioned something about needing to create a new (diff name) 5.5 server, join it to the site, copy the existing priv.mdb and pub.mdb to the new server and run a DS/IS consistency adjuster to regain control. I ultimately would also need to move things back on to the orig...

Database comparison challenge!
Hello everyone: I need to compare tow data sheets. The first one is aprox 300 cells long and have this format: 001254 Driver Side Rear Discharge 204451 AirInlet Lower Step of Cab and go on. The second one have numbers, aprox 5000 like this 023540 045789 020144. I need a macro that compare the first sheet to the second one, and when the same number is found from the first one on the second one create a third sheet with the common number on the first one plus the description. Thanks for helping me with this challenge. -- Firevic -----------------------------------...

DPM2010 RC backup of Hyper-V R2 Essentials Business Server Security Server kills network
We have virtualised Windows Essential Business Server across two physical boxes using Hyper-V R2. One of those boxes is running the Security Server (Threat Management Gateway) Last night we started a full Hyper-V-aware backup of the security server to a single Protection Group on DPM2010 RC. As a result network traffic was so severe we had to terminate the backup. We have no issues performing a backup of a 30Gb Exchange Storage group so this increase in network traffic is not normal. Known issue ? Ian If you want to control the network resources usage between DPM...

space within the database?
I moved some users out of a maistore to another and quite a bit of e-mail when with them. When the maintenance is run at night I see in the event log that xx bytes are free after the online defrag. Will exchange reuse this space within the database before using more disk space? I'm worried about what space we have left on the drive (waiting for new hard drives). Hope this makes sense, Thanks On Fri, 6 May 2005 16:00:01 -0700, "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I moved some users out of a maistore to another and quite a bit of e-mail >when with them...

retiring old server
Hello Our previous network amdin recently migrated our exchange server to new hardware. Both old and new servers are still in production. I have moved the remaining mailboxes fromt he old server to the new server. I am curious, besides just stopping exchange services, how I can verify that the old box is no longer needed? I think I will eventually have to remove exchange form the old server before retiring from Active Directory. Thanks for your assistance. Mark Clark "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBDbGFyaw==?=" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D148CBB2-658F-493E-9...

exchange 2000 server to 2003
how can i copy or take the data fro exchange 2000 server and put it to 2003 exchange server? i think you mean migrating users to exchange 2003. You can use Microsoft migration tools (exchange migration wizard) or you can use 3erd party tools like Power Controls, Domain migration wizard, etc Also you can join the exchange 2003 to the exchange 2000 site and move mailboxes and the other stuff to exchange 2003. >-----Original Message----- >how can i copy or take the data fro exchange 2000 server and put it to 2003 exchange server? >. > i have migrate (export to .pst) exchange...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Consolidation of Mail Servers
Hi, I have to replace 2 of 6 exchange 2003 mail servers with 1 new email server (so i would have 4 intotal at the end). I am planning to setup the new exchange 2003 server, add it to the organisation as a totally new mail server, then i am planning to move all resources/mailboxes from the 2 mail servers that i am taking out, and only after all resources are re-homed on the new server will i un-install exchange from them. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Thanks, That sounds find, just make sure one of those servers that you are retiring was not the first Exchange ...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

FP server extensions on XP Pro
I'm looking for server extensions for FP2003 to add to local. I have; FP 2003 cd FP version 2002 cd and of course WinXP cd with 2000 extensions (not intalled) I'm not sure they are on the FP2003 cd but Sharepoint is on FP2002 cd IS IT BEST TO INSTALL THEM FROM THE 2002 cd? M 2002 were the last extensions, so you probably already have them. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mett�" <mcraigremove@thismetta.org.uk> wrote in message news:O86XX4I6KHA.328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm look...

Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?
I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports and accept some store transfers. Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box? Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box? Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue. Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a performance disaster. If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK. BEWARE: According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or Sto...

Error can't find database, but finds it anyways
I have an access database (pass-through.mdb) which is a pass-through to another secure database called (SecureDB.mdb). This pass-through has the following code which is automatically run with a AutoExec macro and then it closed the db: Public Function PassThru() On Error GoTo PassThru_Err Dim strPath As String Dim strAccDir As String Dim strAccPath As String strAccDir = SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessDir) strAccPath = strAccDir & "MSACCESS.EXE" 'Path to database on Server strPath = Chr(34) & strAccPath & Chr(34) & " " _ & Chr(34) &a...

Business Portal Query for KPI of 3rd Party Tables or Database
I would like to add a suggestion that from the Business Portal Query the user should be able to make queries of databases other than Great Plains whether it is in the same server or another server of GP so it can be used in the Business Portal KPI application, doing so will eliminate the clients that they have to look for other KPI solutions along with the BP KPI in order to build their complete KPI structure for their Business applications, at the moment if there is a need to use a KPI system for an organization they cant ONLY depend on the BP KPI as this feature is not available ----...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

Public folders not replicating from old server to new server Exchange 2003
Hi, We are getting ready to migrate our current exchange setup, one FE and two BE all on Server 2000 and Exchange 2003, to one FE and rebuild the current two BE to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2. We have another BE on Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2 setup, and are trying to replicate the public folders from the old BE to the new BE, however the two are not replicating. Replication is shown to be setup, and the system folders are replicating, however the actual folders are not replicating. Replication shows that the old BE that stores the folders is in sync, however the new one is usin...

Database will not open 03-24-10
Using Access 2003 under Windows XP. I know enough about Access to know I don't know enough. Unfortunately, the person who originally created this database has been sent to Afghanistan for a year, so I am trying to help out our end user. Database ends in .ade (I'm used to .mdb extension) and will not open. When the user doubleclicks on the document, Access tries (really hard) to open but then closes right back up. Does anyone have any suggestions? An ADE is the compiled version of an ADP (Access Data Project) which is a special front-end to a SQL-Server back-end. ...

new server old e-mails
I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same. Do the setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our domian is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com. I make the change and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com. I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes. the problem i am having is when users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would bounce back as undeliverable. The full name of the recepient shows on the To f...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

cannot leave messages on server
I am getting the error: Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042104) : 'Your e-mail server does not have the features required to allow messages to be left on the server.' I have Outlook set to leave messages on the server. This is only happening on 1 of my 2 machines. Microsoft is saying this is sever issue. My web/email host is saying it's a client issue! Does anyone have any ideas? TIA, Jim Of these two machines you're using, are they both running the same version of Outlook and are they both POPping to the same server and e-mail account? Ray at w...

Server rule that ultimately deletes a message?
Hi, I am trying to establish an exchange server rule that wipes messages that meet a certain criteria, without moving them to a folder or retaining them anywhere. I receive some unwanted large messages from time to time and when I am on vacation they fill up my exchange account until my quota is reached and the server returns rejects new mails. I was only able to install a "client only" rule for wiping messages, which does not help when I am away from my outlook. TIA for any hint on this, Regards DC DC <dc@upsize.de> wrote: > I am trying to establish an exchange server...

OWA on Server that is not Exchange Server
I am running an environment where I have a Windows 2000 Server that is my Master Replica, 2000 Exchange Server and also shares 1/4 of the files in the company. I assume it is best to keep as many open ports away from this computer as possible. I have looked around but cannot find much literature on putting the OWA front end on a completely different server than the Exchange Server. Is this difficult/impossible to do? Does it make exchange painfully slow? Am I just being paranoid in wanting to close down web traffic to this server? Andy You cannot have OWA on a completely differe...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...