The requested operation is forbidden: ID No. c1030af1

I get this error when i try to enable mail from Public
Folders in Exchange System Manager. Anyone have a solution
to this?
0
jjerebic (1)

XADM: Error Message: "The Requested Operation Is Forbidden"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313721

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Joe" <jjerebic@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I get this error when i try to enable mail from Public
> Folders in Exchange System Manager. Anyone have a solution
> to this?

0
dtown (976)

Request for help with VBScript...
Hi Forum, I have tried to write a VBScript (to be called using "cscript z:\folder\script.vbs") as a tool/utility to time email delivery. Basically it sends two emails, one to an email gateways providers echo service, and another to itself. The scripts purpose is to record delivery delay timings, as part of an excercise to determine and record quality of performance and service. Its pretty simple at the moment, and I would like to make it more detailed, and I would like to get it to run as a scheduled task either on a workstation or on a server. I have several problems wit...

Request.form stops working after clicking on page with Integrated
Hello, I am using asp on a Windows 2003 server, with IIS 6.0, for a large organization. I need to collect user names for some pages on the website (which are restricted to a certain number of users), and am using request.servervariables(LOGON_USER) to get those names. To do this, I have turned off "enable anonymous access" and turned on Integrated Windows authentication for a gateway page (i.e. just for one page in the whole website). I can't use Integrated Windows authentication for the whole site because then some important users who are outside the fore...

request
Dear Sir/Madam I am a student of Warsaw School of Economics. I write a master's thesis about a opinion on managers. I would like to ask you to fill in the survey (link below) by you and as many members of your group as possible. It will help me to write my thesis. It takes only up to 7 minutes to fill it in. The survey: http://entropy.be/~mag/limesurvey/index.php?sid=94762&lang=en If you could please also forward this mail to other members of the group. I will be rally grateful for your help. Yours sincerely ...

Help Requested with Pivot Table
Hi, I've created a pivot table. It looks like this: Item1 Sum of Total 9 Count of Names 2 Average of Total 4.5 Item2 Sum of Total 12 Count of Names 3 Average of Total 4 Item3 Sum of Total 3 Count of Names 1 Average of Total 3 ....... You get the idea. 1) I find this to be a very awkward way to present the data. It would make much more sense to present it as follows: Name Sum of Count of Average of Total Names Total Item1 9 2 4.5 Item2 1...

Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation-Error Code 0x800C0008
Can anyone help me with the following error message ? I’m not a Publisher expert, so I’m passing on the information sent to me by our computer teacher. Context : OS = Windows 2000 SP4 Office XP (no SP) Publisher 2003 (no SP) Here’s the error: When the students try to insert clip art, only on certain computers, the following error comes up. Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation-Error Code 0x800C0008 I clicked on the HELP button on the error dialog box and it gave me the following information: “You may have lost connection with the Clip Organizer Database” Other observations. ...

How to operate the ListCtl in a worker thread.
I have two threads, one UI thread, the other, the worker thread, which is responsible for keeping on search things and post the found results to a list control on the UI. My leader doesn't allow me to use MFC. So I have to use SendMessage(LVM_XXX, hListCtrl) in the worker thread, I guess. But I failed, there is nothing displaying in the list control in the UI dialog. Any people can tell me what's the reason? Thanks very much! Use PostMessage(). Otherwise you may end up in a "deadlock" situation. Do you have a handler for the LVM_INSERTITEM message? "zhaoyan...

Meeting requests duplicating themselves in Outlook 2003
Hi guys, I've been trawling the internet to be able to sort this problem and it seems to be a glitch in Outlook, but i am wondering if by some miricale someone has managed to find a fix for it. The problem: One user out of over 200 is having this problem that when she accpets a meeting request and it is subsequently updated the update is sent to her and it creates a duplicate meeting in her caldendar without deleting the original. The user has tested this with another meeting of which 2 updates have been made inlcuding one in which the meeting changes the day of which it is on and it ha...

Unable to create new user mailbox. event id 9562
Trying to setup a new users and I can create the account just fine but no mailbox is created. When I look in the event log I see ID-9562 and that talks about the RUS. All teh info points to a rebuild or RUS which i did and still no luck with the mailbox. I tried to delete the users and re-create him with the same luck. I also tried to create a different user and still can't create a mailbox. All the KB articles point to a rebuild and that doesn't get it done. Anyone have any thoughts on this. This is pretty frustrating. Any help or KB articles would be greatly appreciate...

Relay operation rejected ASAP!
Dear All, I got this message when i try to send test message. I telnet the port and it response and also use online utility to check if my mail is working and it is. What I could be missing? I even delete all the entry in the Relay Option in the SMTP Virtual Server! The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'administrator@tcl.com.ph'. Subject 'test using the mailserver on mailserver', Account: 'mailserver', Server: 'mailserver', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 &...

Request timed out
We have an aspx page that uploads photos (up to 6) and we are getting a "request timed out" error. Is it possible to simply increase a setting for that page only, and if so, how is that done. Thanks. -- David ...

Request for Services.
To Whom it May Concern: (Microsoft.com/Support) I am noticing through this document the request for Windows 98 SERVICE from Mi crosoft.com Services. The reazon about it is, the DCF (FINANCE) program on his organization locations. I would like to be included in your mailing list and, to receive newsletters update fr om yours. Thanks This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup for issues regarding Windows updates. This is not anywhere close to a place to request services. "fbell1222" <fbell1222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F14EDA90-EC60-4661-9D69-0D84B...

Event ID 1023 for Exchange 5.5
Hi, all: Recently I rebuilt a crashed Exchange 5.5 server on a NT4 server. I experiences some problems periodically. For example, in the application log, I see many error like: Ecvent id 1023 Source: MSExchangeIS Private AOD-CSAS\cliao was validated as /o=csas/ou=charteracademies.com/cn=Recipients/cn=ChangL but was unable to log on to /o=csas/ou=aod-csas/cn=Recipients/cn=ChangL. It looks like that user is validated through network, but unable to access mailbox. Then, I also checked the "PrivateINformationStore\Logons" from the server configuration, I found that most mail...

Meeting requests cause bounced email
Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be carbon-copied to a specific user? Everyone at work keeps getting bounce backs from an ex-employee everytime they create a meeting request. I checked that users mailbox settings and he's not in any groups and no seems to be forwarding his or her mail to him. This is really weird and my searches haven't brought anything up. Any ideas? Delegates? Alternate Recipient? brada@tetradata.com wrote: > Is there some exchange setting which allows all meeting requests to be > carbon-copied to a specific user? Eve...

prevent public Meeting Request auto-added to User Calendar
In this small office I set up common resources/rooms as calendars in public folders. Users are Authors by default. When a User creates a meeting request in one of these calendars, and another User opens the item, it gets automatically added to that User's personal Calendar, even if they are not an invitee, even if they close it immediately without accept/decline/tentative. I realize this is probably expected behavior. I tried turning off "Process requests and responses" but it still happens. Is there any way of preventing this from happening, especially without impactin...

request notification without requesting for receipt
I have Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there a way to be notified when recipients open your sent mail without asking for a receipt from recipient On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:34:02 -1000, outragous <outragous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Microsoft Outlook 2003. Is there a way to be notified when > recipients > open your sent mail without asking for a receipt from recipient You could ask the recipient to call you when they get the message. :-) Otherwise, no. That's what the read receipts are for. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations Coordinato...

Numbering figures by chapter: styles help requested

meeting request to outside addresses not always received as meeting request
I have a user who's reported that meeting requests he sends to users outside of our system are not always received as meeting requests. I understand that the issue would be on the receiver's side, but our concern is this: why would the same recipient receive one meeting request as a plain email, but another as an actual meeting request? Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen? -RAM ...

<semi-random ID>@subdomain.domain.com
Could someone point me in the right direction to configure Exchange 2003 to do the following: Accept e-mail through SMTP with addresses formatted as either specialuser+<semi-random ID>@domain.com or <semi-random ID>@subdomain.domain.com and place it into one mailbox. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Nathan Hartley http://iLothlorien.com ...

Exchange 2003, RPC over HTTP, & Requesting data
When I'm connected to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTPS, I get requesting data. Any ideas on how troubleshoot this and see why I keep getting this issue? Do you know for sure you are connected? CTRL-Click the systray outlook icon and choose "connection status" You should have nothing but https listed, at which point you are doing pure port 80, and the server is doing the proxy work... >-----Original Message----- >When I'm connected to Exchange 2003 via RPC over HTTPS, I >get requesting data. Any ideas on how troubleshoot this >and see why I keep gettin...

Vnumbers and Terminal IDs
I have multiple registers in my store. We use the RMS built in functionality for CC processing through Citi. Do I need a separate Vnumber and Terminal ID set for each Register in a store? ...

Bad Debt Write Off (Suggestion/Request)
I wanted to present something to the group and see if anyone had any suggestions on how to proceed with an issue I am experiencing. My GL Accounts are represented by a natural and a dept code. ie. xxxxx-yy (xxxxx is natural and yy is dept) When we have the misfortune of writing off a sale we use the write off stock routine within GP. The problem is that we have a couple of stores each with their own dept code. When have to write something off it will post to the account we have setup at the company posting level (not the customer card) where the dept code is set in stone...

How to force http OWA request to https?
Gurus, I recal many moons ago someone posting here a tutorial on how to make ALL requests to OWA instead force to https (forms-based). After much Googling and searching here I have not located it, and wonder if any of you might have the information? I currently do have forms-based OWA set up, but only when the user specifically goes to https. If they only go to http, then the user just gets a generic username/password dialog box. Any advice is appreciated, Michael How to redirect an HTTP connection to HTTPS for Outlook Web Access clients http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839357 -- ...

RMS Store Operations
Has anyone had experience with Retail Realm Promotion module? I have nothing but problems with it. I also would like to qualify discounts and make global item setting changes. Are there any reference or how to materials available? ...

removing password request
When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password. Even though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you open up Outlook Ensure that the workstation is a domain member and the user is logged on to the domain. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A5FAC68B-CF9C-45D4-9E53-6AB645C8C33A@microsoft.com... > When using Outlook 2007 with exchange ...

Event ID 9562
I am running W2K/E2k Std as a member server. When I create a new user that is mail enabled and that user does not immediately logon the email server generates event ids 9562(tons of them). The description is: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /O=XXXX/OU=XXXX/cn=Recipients/cn=username. I have checked Technet and all the entries for causes are not even remotely associated with this scenario. Any assistance appreciated. Hello I would start with the steps outlined in 281607 You May Be Unable to Log on to Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?id=2...