The Optional From field

Many our users can send "from:" many other of our other users, simply by
enabling the optional "from:" field and entering a valid domain email
account, while many others cannot. It seems random. Is there a utility to
help diagnose the permissions MANY users have set in their outlook clients or
some way to diable the From field. I am also open to suggestions.
0
SJD (1)

The user that can would have the 'Send As' right given to them for that
particular mailbox.  I don't
know of a specific tool to use to find this but you can scan a few accounts
to see if there is a common
thread on where this right is coming from.

Todd

"SJD" <SJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many our users can send "from:" many other of our other users, simply by
> enabling the optional "from:" field and entering a valid domain email
> account, while many others cannot. It seems random. Is there a utility to
> help diagnose the permissions MANY users have set in their outlook clients
> or
> some way to diable the From field. I am also open to suggestions.

0
tbooher (148)
10/6/2006 4:14:26 PM
That is certainly not the default for Exchange.  It seems that some group to
which most of your users belong has "Send As" right on all users.  Someone
in your organization has made some permissions changes to effect this, so
you should investigate and change it back.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"SJD" <SJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many our users can send "from:" many other of our other users, simply by
> enabling the optional "from:" field and entering a valid domain email
> account, while many others cannot. It seems random. Is there a utility to
> help diagnose the permissions MANY users have set in their outlook clients
> or
> some way to diable the From field. I am also open to suggestions.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/6/2006 4:17:53 PM
Try this,

Auditing Send-as and Receive As rights via script

http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/12/auditing-send-as-and-receive-as-rights.html

James Chong

SJD wrote:
> Many our users can send "from:" many other of our other users, simply by
> enabling the optional "from:" field and entering a valid domain email
> account, while many others cannot. It seems random. Is there a utility to
> help diagnose the permissions MANY users have set in their outlook clients or
> some way to diable the From field. I am also open to suggestions.

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Importing time field without colon
I have a scheduling system that can write a file out to excel, csv, dbase, and a couple of others. However, the time is written as 24 hour time without a colon ex. 1:00PM is 1300. When outlook imports the file, it makes the appointment an all day event. If I manually change the time to 13:00 then it will import properly. Any ideas on how to deal with this issue? Manual changing would be too time consuming based on the volume of appointments each day for 6 different users. ...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

an imported text field from Excel displays as an exponential number in Access
I'm trying to import an Excel worksheet into an Access table, and one of the text fields in Excel contains numbers stored as text. In Excel, one of these values displays as: 9782946 But after I import the worksheet into Access, it displays as: 9.78295e+006 It appears that Excel is sending this data to Access as a number, rather than as text. I realize that as far as Excel is concerned I'm storing a number as text, and while it's all well and good that Excel is trying to be so helpful, I would like it to treat the data as text. That's why I formatted...

export numeric field right alligned
I would like to export from Access 2000 a numeric field (double) to a text file. The export file should be fixed length (no delimiters), the field should have 9 digits in total, including 2 decimals. I want the field to be right aligned so that the decimal separator is always in the same column in the text file. I don't want to fill any leading blanks with zeros. I tried to do this using the format function in a query but I always end up with a left aligned records which causes the decimal separator to shift according to the length of the field. Can anyone help me? Thanks Format(YourN...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Adding a previously removed field to a form
Hi I have removed a field from the contact form (the state field) and want to re-add it. It does not show in the list of fields to add, presumably because CRM thinks that it is already on the form. How do I convert a field from a text field to a pick list? Does it require adding an entirely new field to the schema and using this field? Thanks Gill did you publish your change via deployment manager then do an iisreset command? "Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:064301c39d01$352f5b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

From field #2
I have three email accounts, how do I select the one I would like to have as a return address for any given email I send out? Thanks! IIRC, I have not yet used Outlook 2003. :[ IIRC, Outlook 2002 has an "Accounts" menu option when composing an e-mail. You may have to customize your toolbar to see it. IIRC, Outlook 2000 has a "send using" menu option when composing an e-mail. You may have to customize your toolbar to see it. IIRC, Outlook 98 and 97 don't offer this. Ray at work "gare" <gare@whatidliketosay.com> wrote in message news:058d01c39d5...

Combine field entries in new field
Is there a way in design view to run a query that will combine the entires of one field into another field? For instance, I have 1 field that is NAME and a second field which is DATA. For the same name there can be multiple DATA (A or B or C), which are alpha not numeric. I want craete a third field which either combines all the DATA entries (A, A B, A C, A B C, eetc) or can I create a third field that uses an if then statement (If DATA has only A then ___ , or If DATA has A and B then ____ , etc...). Is this possible? thanks On Tue, 11 May 2010 06:53:01 -0700, cluckers <...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

Is this Possible
I have a combo box that looks up a the feilds in a table. Then, in my QBE grid, (that a report is based on), in the FIELD row, I say [Forms]![frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] so it will pick up the field that was chosen, by my combo box on a form. But I haven't gotten it to work... Any suggestions? (Access just wants to turn it into a an expression: Expr1:[Forms]! [frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] which doesn't help me very much. Is there another way to do this? (so I don't have to build a query/report for every field we want to report on)? On Fri, 26 Feb 2010...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Validation Options with option List
Good morning! i have set up an validation list option in Excel so i can choose what option to pick. For example, i can choose test1, test2 and/or test3. But what i want to try to do is when i choose one of the options test1,test2 and/or test3 i want for those options different fields like for example: Test1 this is the text of data for test1 When i choose the option Test2 i want the text or data cleared for test1 and see the text for option 2. I hope you can help me with this problem, thanks in advanced! Edo -- EdoZwart ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Problems with Excel Horizontal arrays with regional options using.
Entering a vertical array ={10;20} works ok, but horizontal array ={10,20} gives 10,2 ;-) in both cells instead of 10 and 20 in the two cells. This happens, I presume, because I work with a comma as decimal separator and NOT with the American . I do suppose that Excel has got some solution for this behaviour. I, in principle, do NOT want to change the regional options. ...

print report according to value field
I am trying to print a report depending on a the field "OrderQty". i did created the code with the print command and the criteria and it looks like this: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptProduction", acViewPreview, WhereCondition:=strWhere, OpenArgs:=strDescrip DoCmd.PrintOut , , , , [OrderQty] however, it give me an error saying, that "|" field is not found. i looked through the code and tested the code, by putting 1 or 2 in place of OrderQty and it prints fine, that means to me that it's not the code and i looked to through the Query that the source of that R...

Program Name Options
I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" Richard LeBlanc wrote: > I cannot find the Program Name Options when I select Microsoft Office > Button. It is not there. How do I get it? Thanks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u7UaEj6vKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Look in the lower right corner of the block, just inboard of the Exit "X" > > Richard LeBlanc wrote...